Jump to content


Chieftain Mk 6


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

saxsan4 #1 Posted 15 May 2020 - 04:33 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 23447 battles
  • 3,906
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

Hello,

 

So when do we think the Chieftain Mk 6 will be coming to wot eu?

 

Its already in the wot console and wot china server. And it works well there, its not OP and you can check the stats here 

 

https://console.worl..._Chieftain_Mk6/

 



GodTank2 #2 Posted 15 May 2020 - 04:39 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10854 battles
  • 853
  • [BARRY] BARRY
  • Member since:
    12-14-2012
never

saxsan4 #3 Posted 15 May 2020 - 04:43 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 23447 battles
  • 3,906
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostGodTank2, on 15 May 2020 - 03:39 PM, said:

never


why?



mgns #4 Posted 15 May 2020 - 04:48 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 44086 battles
  • 157
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011
After "research" will show that the Soviets acquired the blueprints through the spetsinformatsyia and built a version of their own for testing purposes it will be added to the Russian tech tree

GodTank2 #5 Posted 15 May 2020 - 05:10 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10854 battles
  • 853
  • [BARRY] BARRY
  • Member since:
    12-14-2012

View Postsaxsan4, on 15 May 2020 - 05:43 PM, said:


why?

Its been in the game for so long and still not added, i dont see why they would add it now.



saxsan4 #6 Posted 15 May 2020 - 05:19 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 23447 battles
  • 3,906
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostGodTank2, on 15 May 2020 - 04:10 PM, said:

Its been in the game for so long and still not added, i dont see why they would add it now.


perhaps in a new mini tree, we have 2 new lines coming this year so the second British heavies could be coming



undutchable80 #7 Posted 15 May 2020 - 05:58 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 14872 battles
  • 4,952
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

Would be OP apparently; WG have tried to balance it 3 times and failed. 

 

Think of the T95/Chieftain CW tank available to all and what it would do to the game.



Desyatnik_Pansy #8 Posted 15 May 2020 - 06:01 PM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 19414 battles
  • 27,811
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View Postundutchable80, on 15 May 2020 - 05:58 PM, said:

Would be OP apparently; WG have tried to balance it 3 times and failed. 

 

Think of the T95/Chieftain CW tank available to all and what it would do to the game.

 

The Mk. 6 Is slower, has less alpha (though better DPM Atleast), a much weaker hull and a weaker turret, not to mention a larger cupola. Honestly I doubt it would be OP; maybe when it was first introduced, but certainly not now.



WindSplitter1 #9 Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:30 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 21384 battles
  • 3,952
  • [WINDY] WINDY
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 15 May 2020 - 05:01 PM, said:

 

The Mk. 6 Is slower, has less alpha (though better DPM Atleast), a much weaker hull and a weaker turret, not to mention a larger cupola. Honestly I doubt it would be OP; maybe when it was first introduced, but certainly not now.

 

Exactly this.

Not an expert but seems that it is balanced for an old meta.

 

As per the OP. the issue with it's introduction are not the stats but rather how it is put into the game. See, this is an iconic vehicle. Brits want it, etc. Make it Tech Tree available, everyone powergrinds it, breaks Tier X and SHTF.

Make it CW available and all hell breaks loose from being available to highly restricted elites while it is coveted by many.

 

For a change of pace, I don't think we can blame WG as it is an ungrateful venture.



demon_tank #10 Posted 15 May 2020 - 08:05 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28915 battles
  • 1,945
  • [-SHRP] -SHRP
  • Member since:
    11-18-2012

WG said they couldnt make it work for Tier 10 as it was "too weak".

 

Its not coming any time soon.



saxsan4 #11 Posted 15 May 2020 - 08:47 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 23447 battles
  • 3,906
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 15 May 2020 - 05:01 PM, said:

 

The Mk. 6 Is slower, has less alpha (though better DPM Atleast), a much weaker hull and a weaker turret, not to mention a larger cupola. Honestly I doubt it would be OP; maybe when it was first introduced, but certainly not now.


This! 

 

View Postdemon_tank, on 15 May 2020 - 07:05 PM, said:

WG said they couldnt make it work for Tier 10 as it was "too weak".

 

Its not coming any time soon.


with all the power creep its not hard to make it balanced now

 

View PostWindSplitter1, on 15 May 2020 - 06:30 PM, said:

 

Exactly this.

Not an expert but seems that it is balanced for an old meta.

 

As per the OP. the issue with it's introduction are not the stats but rather how it is put into the game. See, this is an iconic vehicle. Brits want it, etc. Make it Tech Tree available, everyone powergrinds it, breaks Tier X and SHTF.

Make it CW available and all hell breaks loose from being available to highly restricted elites while it is coveted by many.

 

For a change of pace, I don't think we can blame WG as it is an ungrateful venture.


They should make it a bond shop tank 15 bonds






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users