server lag

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

dodgerman20001 #1 Posted 15 May 2020 - 05:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 22881 battles
  • [WIKD] WIKD

since the launch of EU3 I have had terrible server issues with high ping and very bad lag, 

anyone else suffering?..

Attached Files

• Attached File   wot.jpg   205.21K

Slyspy #2 Posted 15 May 2020 - 06:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15327 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Use pingplotter to analyse your connection to the server. Instructions at this link here:

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/10252/

Then you have a few options: Send the results to Support, read up about how to analyse the results yourself (there is a Support page for that too) or upload the results here to let those in the know check them for you.

Rikkon229 #3 Posted 18 May 2020 - 06:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2248 battles
  • [BZHT] BZHT

Hello,

Same issue here. I'm from France and Wargaming answered me there may be some issues with internet providers...

I sent them my PINGLOTTER and WGCHECK reports but they were normal as I have a very good internet connection.

I tried to play on World of Warships and CS GO and my ping was very low.

I hope they fix this issue.

DiMtopia #4 Posted 18 May 2020 - 06:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16632 battles
  • [1ADRM] 1ADRM

View Postdodgerman20001, on 15 May 2020 - 06:52 PM, said:

since the launch of EU3 I have had terrible server issues with high ping and very bad lag, 

anyone else suffering?..

i normally have decent ping in the range of 30-50 and rarely going as high as 70.

since EU3 launched my ping is still in the 30-50 range but sometimes goes to 300-700 and the little green light turns red. and this can happen for a fraction of a second or for multiple seconds.

it's not such a huge issue as it happens once every few battles but i have to admit it's silly to drive in my ebr105, get a lag spike for 3 seconds and realise i traveled in the nearest body of water and drowned. or died because i did not break, went over the ridge and into the middle of several enemies.

ran a ping plotter test just for fun and it's similar to what as i said above

here's 10 minutes worth of pinging for 1 sec:

the sucky part is that when wot went in the red all other sites stayed in the green (the program tests 11 other sites).

Edited by DiMtopia, 18 May 2020 - 07:03 PM.

Homer_J #5 Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:12 PM

Field Marshal

• 33872 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDiMtopia, on 18 May 2020 - 06:44 PM, said:

i normally have decent ping in the range of 30-50 and rarely going as high as 70.

since EU3 launched my ping is still in the 30-50 range but sometimes goes to 300-700 and the little green light turns red. and this can happen for a fraction of a second or for multiple seconds.

it's not such a huge issue as it happens once every few battles but i have to admit it's silly to drive in my ebr105, get a lag spike for 3 seconds and realise i traveled in the nearest body of water and drowned. or died because i did not break, went over the ridge and into the middle of several enemies.

ran a ping plotter test just for fun and it's similar to what as i said above

here's 10 minutes worth of pinging for 1 sec:

the sucky part is that when wot went in the red all other sites stayed in the green (the program tests 11 other sites).

Can you post the whole trace, the bit you posted isn't much use on it's own.

And don't run it to 11 sites at once, you will probably overload your router.

View PostRikkon229, on 18 May 2020 - 06:32 PM, said:

Hello,

Same issue here. I'm from France and Wargaming answered me there may be some issues with internet providers...

I sent them my PINGLOTTER and WGCHECK reports but they were normal as I have a very good internet connection.

I tried to play on World of Warships and CS GO and my ping was very low.

I hope they fix this issue.

Can you post your pingplotter trace here?

View Postdodgerman20001, on 15 May 2020 - 05:52 PM, said:

anyone else suffering?..

It looks like you accidentally moved to Singapore, that's probably the issue.

DiMtopia #6 Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16632 battles
  • [1ADRM] 1ADRM

View PostHomer_J, on 18 May 2020 - 08:12 PM, said:

Can you post the whole trace, the bit you posted isn't much use on it's own.

And don't run it to 11 sites at once, you will probably overload your router.

i can't. i just installed out of curiosity, ran it once took a screenshot and uninstalled it.

for me it's not a big deal. i die a lot for stupid mistakes, it's not a huge issue if i die because of lag from time to time. if anything i at least have something else to blame besides my clumsiness. :great:

as for the 11 sites, i didn't set it up like this. i guess that's the default mode where it runs the site you choose (in my case EU1) and it chooses 11 more sites for comparison.

the only setting i changed was the 1 second thing instead of the default 2.5s as per the instructions found here: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/10252/

nc30_guy #7 Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27554 battles
Massive issues only at battle start on all servers since 1.9 for me 30 seconds or so in ok again.

Edited by nc30_guy, 18 May 2020 - 07:50 PM.

Homer_J #8 Posted 19 May 2020 - 01:40 PM

Field Marshal

• 33872 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDiMtopia, on 18 May 2020 - 07:47 PM, said:

as for the 11 sites, i didn't set it up like this. i guess that's the default mode where it runs the site you choose (in my case EU1) and it chooses 11 more sites for comparison.

It doesn't start them all normally, they are just there as they are popular sites which people might be having issues with.

And don't set it to 1 second, I have no idea why WG suggest doing that but it causes some home routers to throw a wobbly.

Slyspy #9 Posted 19 May 2020 - 01:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15327 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDiMtopia, on 18 May 2020 - 07:47 PM, said:

i can't. i just installed out of curiosity, ran it once took a screenshot and uninstalled it.

for me it's not a big deal. i die a lot for stupid mistakes, it's not a huge issue if i die because of lag from time to time. if anything i at least have something else to blame besides my clumsiness. :great:

the only setting i changed was the 1 second thing instead of the default 2.5s as per the instructions found here: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/10252/

It doesn't perform any traces for me other than the one I direct it too. It then shows each hop on the way to that chosen site. Are you sure you are reading the screen correctly (the fact that you screenshot just the portion you did suggest that you don''t really know what you are doing).

DiMtopia #10 Posted 19 May 2020 - 04:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16632 battles
  • [1ADRM] 1ADRM

View PostSlyspy, on 19 May 2020 - 02:59 PM, said:

It doesn't perform any traces for me other than the one I direct it too. It then shows each hop on the way to that chosen site. Are you sure you are reading the screen correctly (the fact that you screenshot just the portion you did suggest that you don''t really know what you are doing).

the bolded section could be what it's actually doing. i have no idea.

as i said before, i only installed it once followed wargaming's guidelines to set it up and ran it for 10-12 minutes, then screenshoted the graph where it jumps to 700 ping and that was it.

Slyspy #11 Posted 19 May 2020 - 04:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15327 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDiMtopia, on 19 May 2020 - 04:00 PM, said:

the bolded section could be what it's actually doing. i have no idea.

as i said before, i only installed it once followed wargaming's guidelines to set it up and ran it for 10-12 minutes, then screenshoted the graph where it jumps to 700 ping and that was it.

https://www.pingplotter.com/fix-your-network/interpret-results.html

The screenshot you posted is, in itself, not helpful for diagnosis. Unless you have no drive space left then you might as well keep in intalled and run it next time your connection gets a bit flaky then pop the screenie of the whole thing here (or analyse it yourself using the link above).

Edited by Slyspy, 19 May 2020 - 04:32 PM.

DiMtopia #12 Posted 19 May 2020 - 04:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16632 battles
  • [1ADRM] 1ADRM

View PostSlyspy, on 19 May 2020 - 05:32 PM, said:

https://www.pingplotter.com/fix-your-network/interpret-results.html

The screenshot you posted is, in itself, not helpful for diagnosis. Unless you have no drive space left then you might as well keep in intalled and run it next time your connection gets a bit flaky then pop the screenie of the whole thing here (or analyse it yourself using the link above).

thanks for the info. very helpful.

i  see now that i should have posted the whole image including what i thought were 11 other sites. those were in fact the hops through which i actually end up connecting to the game server.

as for keeping it installed, to be honest i like to keep my laptop clean of anything i don't use regularly and this programme would be something i might never use.

Homer_J #13 Posted 19 May 2020 - 05:51 PM

Field Marshal

• 33872 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDiMtopia, on 19 May 2020 - 04:45 PM, said:

and this programme would be something i might never use.

I wonder how many Windows features you have installed which you never use.

Microsoft include the pretty useless tracert with Windows, they would do well to replace that ancient software with something actually useful.

drakkanax #14 Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16718 battles

Key distinction is that slow server ping is NOT the same as server lag.  A server can give you great ping responses in the 10ms range and still be lagging actual service responses in the 1500ms range at the same time.

If you have high ping it's one of two things:

1) your network connection to the server is bad(unstable/packet loss or too slow/oversaturated)

2) server(LB entry point more likely) is lagging

Both of those are network issues and not actual game server issues. Neither of the above will show a problem if any of the game services is having performance issues. I.e. they are more representative of your garage experience then actual in game experience.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users