Jump to content


Second British Heavy Line


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

saxsan4 #1 Posted 16 May 2020 - 01:41 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 22812 battles
  • 3,893
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

Hello,

 

Since there are 2 lines coming this year and they have sadly postponed the  British armoured car line because of whiners :( 

 

I think they might give us the chieftain line instead :)

 

There are 3 possible options

 

The AVRE line I have already talked about

 

 

I have sadly have to do it how all new lines start at tier 5 rather than tier 2 :( but this is what it could look like

 

 

Tog 2 - Tier 5

 

 

 

 

Spoiler

 

Tier 6 - Excelsior M6 

 

Spoiler

 

Tier 7 - Super Excelsior 

 

Spoiler

 

Tier 8 - Clam

 

Spoiler

 

Tier 9 - Fv429

 

Spoiler

 

Tier 10 - Chieftain Mk 6 (ALREADY a tech tree British tier 10 on wot console) 

 

Spoiler

 

A new tier 8 premium to go along with it

 

FVRDE 48t (Autoalding British heavy)

 

Spoiler

 

And a new tier 5 British medium premium to go with it

 

This time a double barrelled tank

 

AC E1 (D)

 

Double barrelled derp gun 

 

pen 28 dmg 280 , can fire both shots with a preloading of 2 seconds or both individually 

Spoiler

 

 

Thoughts, comments , questions?

 


Edited by saxsan4, 16 May 2020 - 01:42 PM.


Galan7891 #2 Posted 16 May 2020 - 01:45 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10133 battles
  • 641
  • Member since:
    02-22-2018
Sauce on the info that the British WVs are postponed?

saxsan4 #3 Posted 16 May 2020 - 01:46 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 22812 battles
  • 3,893
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostGalan7891, on 16 May 2020 - 12:45 PM, said:

Sauce on the info that the British WVs are postponed?


someone in the Japan TD thread Told me :(



Erwin_Von_Braun #4 Posted 16 May 2020 - 01:48 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 45645 battles
  • 7,159
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostGalan7891, on 16 May 2020 - 12:45 PM, said:

Sauce on the info that the British WVs are postponed?


Brown sauce or red sauce?

:trollface:



Galan7891 #5 Posted 16 May 2020 - 01:50 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10133 battles
  • 641
  • Member since:
    02-22-2018

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 16 May 2020 - 01:48 PM, said:


Brown sauce or red sauce?

:trollface:


As long as it has official info any sauce will do!

And sorry for not being on topic for your thread Saxsan4...


Edited by Galan7891, 16 May 2020 - 01:50 PM.


Erwin_Von_Braun #6 Posted 16 May 2020 - 01:54 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 45645 battles
  • 7,159
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostGalan7891, on 16 May 2020 - 12:50 PM, said:


As long as it has official info any sauce will do!

And sorry for not being on topic for your thread Saxsan4...


Saucy :girl:



Search_Warrant #7 Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:04 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 28946 battles
  • 6,519
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011
Can we have a first british line rebalance first? id like a churchill line that doesent make me want jam shards of glass into my eyesockets up till tier 8.

Galan7891 #8 Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:06 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10133 battles
  • 641
  • Member since:
    02-22-2018

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 16 May 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

Can we have a first british line rebalance first? id like a churchill line that doesent make me want jam shards of glass into my eyesockets up till tier 8.


BP isnt that bad...



saxsan4 #9 Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:18 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 22812 battles
  • 3,893
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 16 May 2020 - 01:04 PM, said:

Can we have a first british line rebalance first? id like a churchill line that doesent make me want jam shards of glass into my eyesockets up till tier 8.


The lines is brillaint 



Search_Warrant #10 Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:19 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 28946 battles
  • 6,519
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011

View Postsaxsan4, on 16 May 2020 - 01:18 PM, said:


The lines is brillaint 


You think every british tank is perfect. shush.



saxsan4 #11 Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:21 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 22812 battles
  • 3,893
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 16 May 2020 - 01:19 PM, said:


You think every british tank is perfect. shush.


Not all, the firefly is rubbish 



barison1 #12 Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:30 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 47077 battles
  • 2,988
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

View Postsaxsan4, on 16 May 2020 - 02:18 PM, said:


The lines is brillaint 


the brit LT line is pretty mediocre if not bad depending on the tank

church1/church7/bp is nothing great either, church1 'best' out of them and bp just most trash

church gc is poor at best

archer is total pain, achilles is mediocre at best

cavalier is real poor(but buffs ahead atleast)

comet is falling more and more behind

cent ax is mediocre

 

list what i could think of rn


Edited by barison1, 16 May 2020 - 02:31 PM.


saxsan4 #13 Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:38 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 22812 battles
  • 3,893
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View Postbarison1, on 16 May 2020 - 01:30 PM, said:


the brit LT line is pretty mediocre if not bad depending on the tank

church1/church7/bp is nothing great either, church1 'best' out of them and bp just most trash

church gc is poor at best

archer is total pain, achilles is mediocre at best

cavalier is real poor(but buffs ahead atleast)

comet is falling more and more behind

cent ax is mediocre

 

list what i could think of rn


Mantcre is excellent, my highest win rate at tier 10

 

Churchil 1 is much better than kv1

Churchil 7 is fine and black prince is bad yes

churchil GC im yet to play

Archer is the best tier 5 TD,gun is INSANELY good

cavalier never played

Comet was brilliant when I used it

cent ax is amazing, I have it marked and one of my most played tanks



barison1 #14 Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:46 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 47077 battles
  • 2,988
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

View Postsaxsan4, on 16 May 2020 - 02:38 PM, said:


Mantcre is excellent, my highest win rate at tier 10

 

Churchil 1 is much better than kv1

Churchil 7 is fine and black prince is bad yes

churchil GC im yet to play

Archer is the best tier 5 TD,gun is INSANELY good

cavalier never played

Comet was brilliant when I used it

cent ax is amazing, I have it marked and one of my most played tanks


my panther2 has one of my highest tier 8 winrates, so its excellent. but 20 games dataset is surely representative for your manticore right

 

churchill 1 has nothing much over kv1, kv1 can do the same but better

church7 is horribly outclassed by other t6 HT with way more pen and alpha

archer is reverse mounted which makes it extremely unflexible and only thing it has is pen, but suppose its better than stug4

comet is more and more powercrept by flatout better t7 meds now, either by adding new or buffing old, years ago it was pretty okay now its mediocre

cax is plain downgrade over cent71, turret is kinda cheese and only works "decently" when using full gun dep. rest is plain paper while overall a pretty big platform. gun is potato launcher handling wise. if it would have a actual mantlet soaking up dmg it would been more okay


Edited by barison1, 16 May 2020 - 02:51 PM.


Dava_117 #15 Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:57 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Moderator
  • 24226 battles
  • 6,532
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Postsaxsan4, on 16 May 2020 - 02:38 PM, said:

Archer is the best tier 5 TD,gun is INSANELY good

 

Every single tier 5 TD is better than Archer. 

Want to compare it with a Wolverine? 

Heck, if you want high pen there is the German toaster that beat it while also having better alpha and mobility!



Zapfhan #16 Posted 16 May 2020 - 03:04 PM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 24413 battles
  • 1,697
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    04-11-2015

View PostGalan7891, on 16 May 2020 - 12:45 PM, said:

Sauce on the info that the British WVs are postponed?

 

I can tell you that the British WVs aren't coming in 2020

 

 

BTT:

 

I am not so sure about some choices. 

The A29 would come equipped with the 17 pdr witch is not really adequate for a tier VIII heavy tank (in my opinion).

 

Overall I would downtier everything below tier IX and find a better solution for tier VIII

Tier V could start with the improved Excelsior and tier VI with the super Excelsior having an interesting place.

On tier VII the A29 would need to sit in between the black prince and somewhat the Challenger.

 

But that is just my personal opinion. 



Nebuched #17 Posted 16 May 2020 - 03:33 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14750 battles
  • 497
  • Member since:
    05-20-2015

View Postsaxsan4, on 16 May 2020 - 02:21 PM, said:


Not all, the firefly is rubbish 


Really ? I like my AC 4 and thought it was close to the Firefly as a medium tank. Although the EXP needs a speed buff. 


Edited by Nebuched, 16 May 2020 - 03:35 PM.


saxsan4 #18 Posted 16 May 2020 - 03:39 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 22812 battles
  • 3,893
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostZapfhan, on 16 May 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

 

I can tell you that the British WVs aren't coming in 2020

 

 

BTT:

 

I am not so sure about some choices. 

The A29 would come equipped with the 17 pdr witch is not really adequate for a tier VIII heavy tank (in my opinion).

 

Overall I would downtier everything below tier IX and find a better solution for tier VIII

Tier V could start with the improved Excelsior and tier VI with the super Excelsior having an interesting place.

On tier VII the A29 would need to sit in between the black prince and somewhat the Challenger.

 

But that is just my personal opinion. 


The issue with super ecslior being tier 6 is that is will be OP. So it can only really be tier 7 otherwise it will have a TD gun at tier 6 with better mobility that the churchil 7

 

The clam I imagine will have apr as standard so 239 pen with a very fast platform with excellent terrain resistance. It has alright armour and will be very rapid firing high pen low dmg gun



Metalsniper #19 Posted 16 May 2020 - 03:54 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22653 battles
  • 636
  • [BOBS_] BOBS_
  • Member since:
    03-01-2012
Heavy tanks?! New ones?! That are NOT Russian?! How dare you. Never!!! 

ArtyOnWheels #20 Posted 16 May 2020 - 04:00 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 252 battles
  • 118
  • Member since:
    04-30-2020

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 16 May 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

Can we have a first british line rebalance first? id like a churchill line that doesent make me want jam shards of glass into my eyesockets up till tier 8.

churchill on tier 5 is not that bad.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users