• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

turret_armor #1 Posted 16 May 2020 - 07:29 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 37886 battles
  • [FDAD] FDAD

Hi all,

Sorry to say, but with all the events, WG successfully managed to make me play a bit more often than intended. 

Causing a game burnout.

As burnouts go, it just gives me itches hearing the word WoT, but not the ones to want me to play the game.

I'm back though, just at a more relaxed pace.

Cheers.

xx984 #2 Posted 16 May 2020 - 07:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 68477 battles
  • [T1LT] T1LT

View Postturret_armor, on 16 May 2020 - 06:29 PM, said:

WG successfully managed to make me play a bit more often than intended. 

No you made yourself play longer than intended.

No one makes you play every special or event. 

StronkiTonki #3 Posted 16 May 2020 - 08:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 35672 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View Postxx984, on 16 May 2020 - 06:45 PM, said:

Pretty sure that WG's events are designed in a way to attract players to play more actively than they might want.

It's the same with any other free to play title offering temporary awards to win and daily login bonuses or missions.

FOMO (Fear of Missing out) is a factor in this as well. It's all purposefully designed this way, and is what leads to burnout.

You might think that "nobody is making him play every event", but in reality, on a psychological level, a person is being manipulated in doing so, wether you like it or not.

It's just how psychological manipulation works.

Of course, a person will eventually reach a limit to where they are not able to mentally cope with a game anymore, which is like mentioned, the burnout.

The_Naa #4 Posted 16 May 2020 - 09:17 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11428 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Just play the game as long as you want and if you feel burnout or bored just swap for another game. That is basically how I do it I play tonks for few weeks/months and play another game for few weeks/months it really depends on what kind of mood I am and what I want to do. Some times I like play games with swords as they are cool, I might like shoot things with guns or I might want to command huge armies. But now. Now its time to drive tanks and scroll around the Forums. :playing:

Edited by The_Naa, 16 May 2020 - 09:18 PM.

Hyina #5 Posted 16 May 2020 - 09:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 65326 battles

View Postturret_armor, on 16 May 2020 - 07:29 PM, said:

As burnouts go, it just gives me itches hearing the word WoT, but not the ones to want me to play the game.

u WoT?

xx984 #6 Posted 16 May 2020 - 09:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 68477 battles
  • [T1LT] T1LT

View PostStronkiTonki, on 16 May 2020 - 07:53 PM, said:

Pretty sure that WG's events are designed in a way to attract players to play more actively than they might want.

It's the same with any other free to play title offering temporary awards to win and daily login bonuses or missions.

FOMO (Fear of Missing out) is a factor in this as well. It's all purposefully designed this way, and is what leads to burnout.

You might think that "nobody is making him play every event", but in reality, on a psychological level, a person is being manipulated in doing so, wether you like it or not.

It's just how psychological manipulation works.

Of course, a person will eventually reach a limit to where they are not able to mentally cope with a game anymore, which is like mentioned, the burnout.

If you're that bothered by missing a few things (That will clearly be made available again in the future) then thats a whole different issue. 

There hasn't really been any full grind events for awhile.

Tank rewards can be done by playing normally.

Road to Berlin can be done with a few games a day (Especially now Berlin map offers x2 points ontop of the other boosters) 

All these other little specials for extra XP and what not (Too many to name specifically) can also be done by just playing normally. Same goes for these anniversary coin missions. 

FL Grind has decreased significantly since last season. And as stated in yesterdays QnA that Circon did. The main reward for that is supposed to be one tank anyway. And two tanks for those who can spend the time playing it fully. 

(Maybe i'm forgetting an event?) 

Only one that is somewhat of a grind, Was ranked. And even then that was more about playing good than playing alot. If you played good you could finish in the gold league and not have to play a single more battle, if you did bad you'd have to grind it loads at the end. Which to be honest is the way it should be. You shouldn't be rewarded for doing badly in that mode. And those who do, its only fair they have a harder time. 

Hyina #7 Posted 16 May 2020 - 09:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 65326 battles

View Postxx984, on 16 May 2020 - 09:29 PM, said:

Only one that is somewhat of a grind, Was ranked. And even then that was more about playing good than playing alot. If you played good you could finish in the gold league and not have to play a single more battle, if you did bad you'd have to grind it loads at the end. Which to be honest is the way it should be. You shouldn't be rewarded for doing badly in that mode. And those who do, its only fair they have a harder time.

Lol, I finished in Gold and then spent the next 22 surplus bonus battles dropping down the ranks :teethhappy:

StronkiTonki #8 Posted 16 May 2020 - 10:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 35672 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View Postxx984, on 16 May 2020 - 08:29 PM, said:

If you're that bothered by missing a few things (That will clearly be made available again in the future) then thats a whole different issue. 

There hasn't really been any full grind events for awhile.

Tank rewards can be done by playing normally.

Road to Berlin can be done with a few games a day (Especially now Berlin map offers x2 points ontop of the other boosters) 

All these other little specials for extra XP and what not (Too many to name specifically) can also be done by just playing normally. Same goes for these anniversary coin missions. 

FL Grind has decreased significantly since last season. And as stated in yesterdays QnA that Circon did. The main reward for that is supposed to be one tank anyway. And two tanks for those who can spend the time playing it fully. 

(Maybe i'm forgetting an event?) 

Oh I absolutely agree that for me personally the grind isn't that bad.

Especially Frontline like you mentioned is insanely generous compared to last year.

But not everyone else can play as efficiently as every other player, and not everyone else has just as much time to spend on the game as us.

And a lot of people may also spend some time on other games as well.

Soyeah, just a thought that not everyone has the same experience as we do.

xx984 #9 Posted 16 May 2020 - 10:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 68477 battles
  • [T1LT] T1LT

View PostStronkiTonki, on 16 May 2020 - 09:05 PM, said:

But not everyone else can play as efficiently as every other player, and not everyone else has just as much time to spend on the game as us.

And a lot of people may also spend some time on other games as well.

Soyeah, just a thought that not everyone has the same experience as we do.

But not everyone should get the full reward, if they don't do good. If people want every single reward, they should improve themselves at the game and get better. 

We shouldn't reward people for not even trying

Metalsniper #10 Posted 16 May 2020 - 10:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22784 battles
  • [BOBS_] BOBS_

View Postturret_armor, on 16 May 2020 - 07:29 PM, said:

Hi all,

Sorry to say, but with all the events, WG successfully managed to make me play a bit more often than intended. 

Causing a game burnout.

I'm back though, just at a more relaxed pace.

Cheers.

It is not a burnout until you rage smash your mouse or keyboard

LethalWalou #11 Posted 16 May 2020 - 10:56 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35443 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View Postxx984, on 16 May 2020 - 09:50 PM, said:

There should be some fine tuning of different events and the amount/ways needed to grind, but in general this stands absolutely true and it needs to be said more often.

Corrupted_Pling #12 Posted 17 May 2020 - 11:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55787 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

Thats why i Skip a few events

I.e aint played a single road to Berlin battle and i don't play ranked.

saving myself for frontline :)

TheJungleBeast #13 Posted 17 May 2020 - 02:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13561 battles

Gave up on trying to keep up with the events last month, I completely ignore them now and every now and then I go back to the  garage and I have completed several things I didn't even know I took part in.

Kicky92 #14 Posted 17 May 2020 - 04:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16647 battles
  • [EMRYS] EMRYS

I don't play all the events / specials / missions for this reason. Too much grinding in the game, not enough fun = burnout.

I usually stop playing for a few days then come back refreshed and eager. Breaks from the game do help. 

I got so burnt out from FL last year, im not playing it this year, even though its a good mode.

StronkiTonki #15 Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 35672 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View Postxx984, on 16 May 2020 - 09:50 PM, said:

But not everyone should get the full reward, if they don't do good. If people want every single reward, they should improve themselves at the game and get better. 

I agree with that.

To get rewards, people should put in time and effort, and get more skillfull at the game.

But that doesn't mean that people still won't get burned out for trying.

VsUK #16 Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles
To be honest with you, I don't play that much. But while we're in the lockdown, I figured i'd grind to a new tank & I got my 430U the other day & after getting it, I have to say I'm somewhat bored now. 

xx984 #17 Posted 17 May 2020 - 11:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 68477 battles
  • [T1LT] T1LT

View PostStronkiTonki, on 17 May 2020 - 09:00 PM, said:

But that doesn't mean that people still won't get burned out for trying.

I agree, but thats not WG's fault. Which was my original point. as the OP said "WG successfully managed to make me play a bit more often than intended. "

Nebuched #18 Posted 18 May 2020 - 06:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14753 battles

View Postxx984, on 16 May 2020 - 07:45 PM, said:

Wrong, marketing is all about little pushes, and jamming on people's buttons.  We have TWO extra banners in the garage now., for example. 

xx984 #19 Posted 18 May 2020 - 10:59 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 68477 battles
  • [T1LT] T1LT

View PostNebuched, on 18 May 2020 - 05:17 AM, said:

Wrong, marketing is all about little pushes, and jamming on people's buttons.  We have TWO extra banners in the garage now., for example. 

maybe read the other posts I made too 

Echotun #20 Posted 18 May 2020 - 11:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24251 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1

Taking a break, or at least slowing down, can work wonders. 

I did this the last 2 weeks, pretty much just played 1-2 games per day for the tank rewards, often arty while eating dinner. 

Did a few matches of road to berlin yesterday, just so I tried it out. Dont regret my decision at all. Nice to relax and focus on other things every once in a while. 

Also, this so called FOMO literally only excist in your head. It will only control your actions if you let it. 

Also tagged with burnout

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users