• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

bnmm113 #1 Posted 17 May 2020 - 12:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12379 battles
  • [ISW2] ISW2

so i had an idea....

as there were a lot of different ammo types used thruoghout history, some of them could be implemented into the game.

so i had an idea of making every player choose three of 4 categories. and within a category only one of three avalible.

-regular ammo (AP, APCR, SHOT)

-improved ammo (HEAT, SABOT, HVAPDS)

-high explosive (HE, HEHP, HESH)

-special effect (Beehive, Canister, SHOCK)

the first ones, REGULAR AMMO, are kinetic penetrators, and cause usuall damage, reliable and with mediocre penetration.

AP-has medium damage and medium pen

APCR- has a bit lower damage and a bit higher penetration

SHOT- has higher damage, but lower penetration

the second ones, improved ammo, have more penetration, but have a distinct weakness

HEAT-a lot of pen, medium damage but no normalisation and can penetrate just up to 45degrees, also looses penetration over spaced armour

SABOT-even more penetration, a bit less damage, however, if it impacts spaced armour, it causes 0 damage. it can also overpenetrate and cause half damage

HVAPDS- same as SABOT, but less pen and more damage, but doesnt loose damage on spaced armour

high explosive ammunition acts almost the same as current ones, but there are some exceptions...

HE-can not penetrate, however it causes damage reliably, if it hits main armour plate.

HEHP-has low penetration, but more damage than AP, it can get through some spaced armour, but looses penetration at first spaced plate, acting as lower damage HE shell...

HESH- has most pen from HE shells, but lowest damage

the SPECIAL EFFECT ammo has very specific use, and is usally good for a distinct role and is practically useless for anything else.

Beehive- a couple of smaller dart-like objects fired, having low pen and alpha, however, it causes a lot of damage to crew and internal modules.

Canister- like beehive, but with a bit more pen and damage, however causes less damage to internal modules and crew.

both of the above loose effect at ranges over 200m.

SHOCK- kinetic damage round, that doesnt penetrate, but fragments the inner armour structure. it doesnt penetrate, but causes more damage, if the armour plate is thicker, but it doesnt cause damage at angles over 30 degrees.

i hope i have written clearly enough and please let me know what you think..

ilmavarvas #2 Posted 17 May 2020 - 12:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24045 battles
  • [PR-22] PR-22
Nice, but big part of the WOT playerbase still struggles to click left mouse button when seeing an enemy, you really want to mess them up more with those kind of options?

shikaka9 #3 Posted 17 May 2020 - 12:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 78403 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
... and no lasers?

bnmm113 #4 Posted 17 May 2020 - 12:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12379 battles
  • [ISW2] ISW2

View Postilmavarvas, on 17 May 2020 - 12:56 PM, said:

Nice, but big part of the WOT playerbase still struggles to click left mouse button when seeing an enemy, you really want to mess them up more with those kind of options?

well, yeah there we see the problem...

as usally even the best ideas can be destroyed byidiotic users...

unfortunatelly, i must agree with you

11:58 Added after 0 minute

View Postshikaka9, on 17 May 2020 - 12:57 PM, said:

... and no lasers?

every single one of ammo types was used historically

shikaka9 #5 Posted 17 May 2020 - 12:59 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 78403 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View Postilmavarvas, on 17 May 2020 - 11:56 AM, said:

agree. now we have "press2" ... how many "pressX" do we need? Why outsmart WG?

Erwin_Von_Braun #6 Posted 17 May 2020 - 12:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 45749 battles

Some pretty decent ideas - definitely something to work on.

The game could certainly use a greater variety of ammo types.

Now we just wait for the usual suspects to poo poo your work cuz they know best...……..:sceptic:

Edit: quite like the idea of some of the special rounds in arty - maybe an airburst variant of the needle/beehive rounds to replace stun?

Edited by Erwin_Von_Braun, 17 May 2020 - 01:07 PM.

shikaka9 #7 Posted 17 May 2020 - 01:00 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 78403 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View Postbnmm113, on 17 May 2020 - 11:58 AM, said:

every single one of ammo types was used historically

good news - game is not historical :great: lasers now!

btw I think they had lasers in secret then  :) from 1960 officialy , non-officialy  ... hmm

Edited by shikaka9, 17 May 2020 - 01:03 PM.

bnmm113 #8 Posted 17 May 2020 - 01:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12379 battles
  • [ISW2] ISW2

View Postshikaka9, on 17 May 2020 - 01:00 PM, said:

good news - game is not historical :great: lasers now!

you got me here, have your lasers

UrQuan #9 Posted 17 May 2020 - 01:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22389 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postbnmm113, on 17 May 2020 - 01:01 PM, said:

you got me here, have your lasers

Thank you!

Installed them on my favorite tank!

But serious reply. It is a good proposal imo & would been fun to see it in the game in some form. Making choices between damage, penetration & shell mechanics; It already exists a bit in the game, mainly when tanks have AP & HEAT options (and HE) but more often the choice is price/pen rather then a choice between advantages & drawbacks of the shells themselves.

Realistically it won't happen as that would change the game greatly, but I remember Armored Warfare had something similar with shell choices & I liked that aspect of the game.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing the third shell slot offer a choice between the classic HE round (more damage on low armor targets) and your proposed SHOCK round (more damage on armored targets). Bonus, it would offer WG a quick & easy way to establish if there's too much armor in the game or not enough. Most folks load SHOCK? Hmm perhaps there is too much armored tanks around. Most people load HE? perhaps armored tanks do need some buff to see them played more.

Edited by UrQuan, 17 May 2020 - 01:58 PM.

qpranger #10 Posted 17 May 2020 - 02:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

Different ammo types make sense if they

both penetrate differently

and do damage inside differently.

In WOT the latter is not working.

Kartoshkaya #11 Posted 17 May 2020 - 02:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29472 battles
  • [MORFA] MORFA
What about patriot missiles that locks onto artilleries and EBRs ?

Slind #12 Posted 17 May 2020 - 02:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58822 battles

View Postbnmm113, on 17 May 2020 - 01:51 PM, said:

so i had an idea....

as there were a lot of different ammo types used thruoghout history, some of them could be implemented into the game.

so i had an idea of making every player choose three of 4 categories. and within a category only one of three avalible.

-regular ammo (AP, APCR, SHOT)

-improved ammo (HEAT, SABOT, HVAPDS)

-high explosive (HE, HEHP, HESH)

-special effect (Beehive, Canister, SHOCK)

the first ones, REGULAR AMMO, are kinetic penetrators, and cause usuall damage, reliable and with mediocre penetration.

AP-has medium damage and medium pen

APCR- has a bit lower damage and a bit higher penetration

SHOT- has higher damage, but lower penetration

the second ones, improved ammo, have more penetration, but have a distinct weakness

HEAT-a lot of pen, medium damage but no normalisation and can penetrate just up to 45degrees, also looses penetration over spaced armour

SABOT-even more penetration, a bit less damage, however, if it impacts spaced armour, it causes 0 damage. it can also overpenetrate and cause half damage

HVAPDS- same as SABOT, but less pen and more damage, but doesnt loose damage on spaced armour

high explosive ammunition acts almost the same as current ones, but there are some exceptions...

HE-can not penetrate, however it causes damage reliably, if it hits main armour plate.

HEHP-has low penetration, but more damage than AP, it can get through some spaced armour, but looses penetration at first spaced plate, acting as lower damage HE shell...

HESH- has most pen from HE shells, but lowest damage

the SPECIAL EFFECT ammo has very specific use, and is usally good for a distinct role and is practically useless for anything else.

Beehive- a couple of smaller dart-like objects fired, having low pen and alpha, however, it causes a lot of damage to crew and internal modules.

Canister- like beehive, but with a bit more pen and damage, however causes less damage to internal modules and crew.

both of the above loose effect at ranges over 200m.

SHOCK- kinetic damage round, that doesnt penetrate, but fragments the inner armour structure. it doesnt penetrate, but causes more damage, if the armour plate is thicker, but it doesnt cause damage at angles over 30 degrees.

i hope i have written clearly enough and please let me know what you think..

Lol the average 46% WR player is too stupid to follow lines on the screen, hence the tech tree re-work, do you think they can understand different ammunitions? I've seen players with 25k battles and playing tier 9 medium tanks only shooting HE because they are too stupid to know the difference between 3 different ammo types. This would be a great idea if WG banned all 46% WR players first.

VsUK #13 Posted 17 May 2020 - 05:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles
It's bad enough having the option to pay for the privilege of using ammo that can pen every type of armour in the game & you want to suggest more? I suppose its one way to ruin the reputation of a game & join the ranks of the money pit games.

bnmm113 #14 Posted 17 May 2020 - 06:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12379 battles
  • [ISW2] ISW2

View PostVsUK, on 17 May 2020 - 05:18 PM, said:

It's bad enough having the option to pay for the privilege of using ammo that can pen every type of armour in the game & you want to suggest more? I suppose its one way to ruin the reputation of a game & join the ranks of the money pit games.

there wouldnt be a need for different ammo costs...

because ammo with more pen has enough drawbacs for it to be balanced

shikaka9 #15 Posted 17 May 2020 - 06:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 78403 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostUrQuan, on 17 May 2020 - 12:57 PM, said:

Thank you!

Installed them on my favorite tank!

Beautiful :great:

VsUK #16 Posted 17 May 2020 - 06:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles

View Postbnmm113, on 17 May 2020 - 05:23 PM, said:

there wouldnt be a need for different ammo costs...

because ammo with more pen has enough drawbacs for it to be balanced

The only drawback for wallet warrior ammo I would settle for is that it can cause a % of damage every time you fire. 

Scabolcz #17 Posted 17 May 2020 - 06:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18922 battles
I liked the incendiary shells that were introduced in Road to Berlin, might be a cool mechanic if balanced right... But seing how WG balance their stuff  :unsure:

bnmm113 #18 Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12379 battles
  • [ISW2] ISW2

View Postshikaka9, on 17 May 2020 - 12:59 PM, said:

agree. now we have "press2" ... how many "pressX" do we need? Why outsmart WG?

it would still be press 1/2/3, as you would choose in garage what ammo types you want in battle...

and you can only have three, one of each category...

Balc0ra #19 Posted 19 May 2020 - 12:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77209 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

No reason to confuse Steve more tbh.

Then again some aspects like the Beehive I suspect won't do much good unless you fire it at the tier 7 Scorpion with 1mm armor. As it's indeed an anti-personnel weapon, not an anti-armor one. So why add many more ammo types, when HE and HESH does more or less the same job vs crew etc if it's a paper target. As crew damage % chance depends on ammo used. AP doesn't have the same chance as an internam explotion to name one.

View PostVsUK, on 17 May 2020 - 05:18 PM, said:

That would make sense if we had an ammo type that could counter anything. But we don't. As p2w HEAT is stopped by a target AP can counter. Same as HEAT can get past something AP would bounce right off at a high angle. Thus adding more situational ammo won't help on anything other than to add confusion than a p2w aspect.

Edited by Balc0ra, 19 May 2020 - 12:22 PM.

Richthoffen #20 Posted 19 May 2020 - 02:25 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32725 battles
  • [MS-] MS-

APCR and sabot are basicaly the same, the later being to modern to wot

and shot, canister and your beehive idea are anti personal , would do nothing against armored targets.

your shock grenade is HESH so again 2 identical projectiles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users