• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Marlekin #1 Posted 17 May 2020 - 05:19 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33934 battles
  • [BEUKR] BEUKR

Hey there 

I've been playing WoT again for almost two months now and I notice that map ping spam is still a thing! We all know how it goes. Some player on a team is displeased (with or without cause) with another player and starts pinging his or her's location on the map incessantly, forcing your entire team to listen in to someone else's map ping tantrum. 

I am well aware that I can block players for that one battle, just to prevent this king of map ping abuse, but doing this when you need to pay attention to whats going on around you can be deadly. Getting damaged or killed when im busy blocking a map spamming "teammate" is one of the most annoying things that can happen to me ingame. 

I'd rather have something that actually prevents my game from spamming me with destracting and annoying map pings. Maybe there are mods that limit the amount of map pings per player? Maybe disable them altogether?

Any suggestions on map ping spam prevention would be appreciated. 

shikaka9 #2 Posted 17 May 2020 - 05:23 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 78302 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
use your ignore superpower, works for me

Nebuched #3 Posted 17 May 2020 - 05:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14750 battles

View PostMarlekin, on 17 May 2020 - 05:19 PM, said:

Hey there 

I've been playing WoT again for almost two months now and I notice that map ping spam is still a thing! We all know how it goes. Some player on a team is displeased (with or without cause) with another player and starts pinging his or her's location on the map incessantly, forcing your entire team to listen in to someone else's map ping tantrum. 

I am well aware that I can block players for that one battle, just to prevent this king of map ping abuse, but doing this when you need to pay attention to whats going on around you can be deadly. Getting damaged or killed when im busy blocking a map spamming "teammate" is one of the most annoying things that can happen to me ingame. 

I'd rather have something that actually prevents my game from spamming me with destracting and annoying map pings. Maybe there are mods that limit the amount of map pings per player? Maybe disable them altogether?

Any suggestions on map ping spam prevention would be appreciated. 

Aslain modpack used to have a ping spam blocker, other sanctioned mods might too. WG has a website for them. Reporting the pingspammers...well it takes a loooooong time to have effect and many reports before that has consequences. Most don't even bother anymore. 

VsUK #4 Posted 17 May 2020 - 05:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles
Or maybe the player has XVM with the ability to draw on the minimap & they're giving directions/suggestions to the team on the off chance they also have XVM. If you don't have it, it just looks like ping spamming. 

Nebuched #5 Posted 17 May 2020 - 05:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14750 battles

View PostVsUK, on 17 May 2020 - 05:29 PM, said:

Or maybe the player has XVM with the ability to draw on the minimap & they're giving directions/suggestions to the team on the off chance they also have XVM. If you don't have it, it just looks like ping spamming. 

Should be a feature in the base game. Sad that it isn't. Especially useful for Assault, FL, team battles. 

Marlekin #6 Posted 17 May 2020 - 05:33 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33934 battles
  • [BEUKR] BEUKR

View PostNebuched, on 17 May 2020 - 05:29 PM, said:

Aslain modpack used to have a ping spam blocker, other sanctioned mods might too. WG has a website for them. Reporting the pingspammers...well it takes a loooooong time to have effect and many reports before that has consequences. Most don't even bother anymore. 

I will look this up! Sounds like its worth a shot. Thanks lot :)

VsUK #7 Posted 17 May 2020 - 05:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles

View PostNebuched, on 17 May 2020 - 04:30 PM, said:

Should be a feature in the base game. Sad that it isn't. Especially useful for Assault, FL, team battles. 

Yeah, its a lot better than having to stop & type & get caught mid sentence by an enemy & your still in typing mode. Map writing is simple & clear to those who can see it. But I'm sure WG will make it a feature for premium account users. Everything has a catch with them. 

divsmo #8 Posted 17 May 2020 - 06:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40810 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostVsUK, on 17 May 2020 - 04:41 PM, said:

Yeah, its a lot better than having to stop & type & get caught mid sentence by an enemy & your still in typing mode. Map writing is simple & clear to those who can see it. But I'm sure WG will make it a feature for premium account users. Everything has a catch with them. 

It's only really useful if you're in a platoon but then chances are you'll be on voice comms anyway. Allowing every player to do it would just leave the same problems we have now with ping spamming. That and people will abuse it to draw phallic symbols on the minimap.

VsUK #9 Posted 17 May 2020 - 06:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles

View Postdivsmo, on 17 May 2020 - 05:04 PM, said:

It's only really useful if you're in a platoon but then chances are you'll be on voice comms anyway. Allowing every player to do it would just leave the same problems we have now with ping spamming. That and people will abuse it to draw phallic symbols on the minimap.

Yeah, I've seen that already. But its much easier & quicker to draw an error somewhere then explain it.

wsatnutter #10 Posted 17 May 2020 - 06:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27378 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postshikaka9, on 17 May 2020 - 04:23 PM, said:

use your ignore superpower, works for me

what this geezer said

Snagfang #11 Posted 17 May 2020 - 06:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16537 battles
This is a really good mod on the WoT official site
https://wgmods.net/2601/

Marlekin #12 Posted 17 May 2020 - 06:53 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33934 battles
  • [BEUKR] BEUKR

View Postwsatnutter, on 17 May 2020 - 06:22 PM, said:

what this geezer said

I have a rather nice surround sound setup on my system these days. The sound is great!... untill someone starts spamming the map. It ruins the entire experience. 

Anyway,
I found WG's mod hub and downloaded Champi's minimap spam protector. It limits players players ability to ping the map and dead players can no longer ping the map. Seems to work like a charm. I'm happy.

@snagfang,
Yep, thats the one!  

Edited by Marlekin, 17 May 2020 - 06:54 PM.

mateyflip #13 Posted 17 May 2020 - 07:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40938 battles

I, let about 15 or so go, then the child in me comes out and I type in chat STFU. Which I'm not proud of.

If it continues the player gets an honorary place in my block list.

What what

kubawt112 #14 Posted 17 May 2020 - 07:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View Postdivsmo, on 17 May 2020 - 06:04 PM, said:

Well, if someone else is using XVM, then it might be warranted. Also, thanks for the 'tip'. ;)

View PostVsUK, on 17 May 2020 - 05:41 PM, said:

If it is to become a feature for premium users, how would you propose it would work for the plebs?

I mean, even the "evils" of Wargaming would not go the lengths of demanding a properly formatted formal letter by registered mail or for someone to open up a GoFundMe to acquire funds for a court case (which would be sorta impractical, seeing as it is unlikely to gather more than a penny or two, if anything at all in the span of a match's length).

Edited by kubawt112, 17 May 2020 - 07:46 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users