MoE goes down after good battle result? Whut?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Grimago #1 Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 36330 battles
  • [NO-BS] NO-BS
So I had a decent battle in my Defender, dealing 3.291 damage, killing 4 and bouncing 1.780. I received 1.244 base XP and over 100k credits. As you can see in the screenshot it says I had over 5k WN8. So it was a good battle. For me anyway. 

But I was amazed to see that, with all those other results in mind, my overall MoE tumbled by a full 3,43% to 51,67%. I had games in which I was afk where I lost less MoE!!!
Furthermore; I can understand how a result like I had could not yield a lot when you're trying to get to the third mark, as you have to do really really good to get that, and I will probably never be that good. But for the first gunmark? The requirements for a first gunmark can not possible that much higher than the result I had. 

Does anyone know if this is a bug of some sort? I understand that it might be coming from the Yasen Krasen mod, and that might be faulty, but I never noticed that before. Or is there something else happening I am overlooking? 

Thanx for helping me clear this up.

(btw, this is a "thing" for me, as my first priority for playing this tank was to get that first gunmark. I kinda like all my tanks to have at least one star, stripe or whatever on its guns. Cuz it looks so cute) ;) 

LethalWalou #2 Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:00 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35437 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA
It's the MoE expected values updating to the amounts of last 14 days. The expected values don't stay the same all the time. They are based on the results of players playing the tank in last 14 days. This is why low tier expected values rose quite a lot weeks after the HP buffs because on average more damage was done in the tanks.

Leadfire #3 Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:08 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8053 battles
Other players have pushed the needed requirements up in the last 14 days.

VsUK #4 Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles
My hit % has gone up. My average damage per battle has gone up. My average exp per battle has gone up. Every other statistic has gone up apart from the win rate which I have no control over & still my overall rating has been falling. 

Leadfire #5 Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:24 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8053 battles

View PostVsUK, on 17 May 2020 - 09:13 PM, said:

My hit % has gone up. My average damage per battle has gone up. My average exp per battle has gone up. Every other statistic has gone up apart from the win rate which I have no control over & still my overall rating has been falling. 

Don't worry, you said the only control you had was what ammo type you chose, so none of what you said matters. Right?

Edited by Leadfire, 17 May 2020 - 10:24 PM.

Grimago #6 Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 36330 battles
  • [NO-BS] NO-BS

View PostLethalWalou, on 17 May 2020 - 10:00 PM, said:

It's the MoE expected values updating to the amounts of last 14 days. The expected values don't stay the same all the time. They are based on the results of players playing the tank in last 14 days. This is why low tier expected values rose quite a lot weeks after the HP buffs because on average more damage was done in the tanks.

So if I understand what you're saying correctly, the base of my MoE score for the Defender was too high by comparison to what is currently being done in that tank. Basically; the height of my MoE score so far was based on results that would not have yielded a MoE score that high in the current meta. So that MoE drop would have been even higher because of this adjustment, if I didn't have this good result to sort of dampen the fall? Something like that? 

Leadfire #7 Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:35 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8053 battles

View PostGrimago, on 17 May 2020 - 09:30 PM, said:

So if I understand what you're saying correctly, the base of my MoE score for the Defender was too high by comparison to what is currently being done in that tank. 

No....it was now too low.

LethalWalou #8 Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:39 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35437 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostGrimago, on 17 May 2020 - 09:30 PM, said:

So if I understand what you're saying correctly, the base of my MoE score for the Defender was too high by comparison to what is currently being done in that tank. Basically; the height of my MoE score so far was based on results that would not have yielded a MoE score that high in the current meta. So that MoE drop would have been even higher because of this adjustment, if I didn't have this good result to sort of dampen the fall? Something like that? 

Yes, exactly that. Do you remember how long it was since you last played the Defender? Most likely it was before the last time Defender was sold and after that the expected values rose. This all works both ways too. I played the Obj 416 quite a long time ago before it was reworked, and I played it quite well then. I decided to mark it a while back and in the first game with a 633 dmg + 414 assist I jumped from 87,41% to 96,01%.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77184 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostLeadfire, on 17 May 2020 - 10:24 PM, said:

Don't worry, you said the only control you had was what ammo type you chose, so none of what you said matters. Right?

He contradicts himself more or less daily.

View PostGrimago, on 17 May 2020 - 10:30 PM, said:

Last you played he had a different set of numbers to work with. Those have now updated to cause a drop. I suspect partly due to the HP buff on tier 1 to 6. So even as top tier in a -2, he has more damage to farm on the enemy team vs before. That alone could have caused the average needed vs when you played it last to jump. Mix that will more players having better matches vs when you played it last. You could say the meta or if it's popular or not will affect it. As then average needed will adjust vs it from week to week.

Even tank reward tanks are affected by it. As when a tank is given for free to more players, and it's popularity spikes. You usually get a jump on MOE even on a bad game, as all the bad tankers getting it drags the average down.

24doom24 #10 Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9466 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
New update dropped MOE for tier 8 and lower.  I dropped 13% in my Lefh from 86% to 73% though my Skorp G has stood still at about 90%. You'll recover soon enough anyway.:)

Edited by 24doom24, 17 May 2020 - 10:45 PM.

Grimago #11 Posted 17 May 2020 - 11:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 36330 battles
  • [NO-BS] NO-BS

View PostLethalWalou, on 17 May 2020 - 10:39 PM, said:

Yes, exactly that. Do you remember how long it was since you last played the Defender? Most likely it was before the last time Defender was sold and after that the expected values rose. This all works both ways too. I played the Obj 416 quite a long time ago before it was reworked, and I played it quite well then. I decided to mark it a while back and in the first game with a 633 dmg + 414 assist I jumped from 87,41% to 96,01%.

Hahaha.. guess that was one welcome surprise! So WG basically gifted that third MoE. Ima ask them for which of my tanks they have that prepared!
You were right about how long ago it was I played Defender. I occasionally pick it for Skirmishes and stuff, but I cant remember when i picked it for a regular battle. So yeah, that kinda makes sense.

View Post24doom24, on 17 May 2020 - 10:44 PM, said:

New update dropped MOE for tier 8 and lower.  I dropped 13% in my Lefh from 86% to 73% though my Skorp G has stood still at about 90%. You'll recover soon enough anyway.:)

I hope so. But its not that much of big deal to me anymore to get that MoE. It's nice to get it and I was surprised by that drop, but I am not actively trying to grind for anything anymore. To be fair... at this point in my long WoT career I kinda don't care that much about stats and stuff. Whereas back in the day I felt really engaged and committed to this game and was actively trying to achieve tons of stuff, nowadays I feel like I had a decent night of gaming if I didn't hate the game too much. I feel Wargaming has a speshul skill of not changing what needs to be changed, and instead adding stuff that makes the game less enjoyable. But thats just my two salty cents. ;)

LethalWalou #12 Posted 17 May 2020 - 11:30 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35437 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostGrimago, on 17 May 2020 - 10:01 PM, said:

Hahaha.. guess that was one welcome surprise! So WG basically gifted that third MoE. Ima ask them for which of my tanks they have that prepared!
You were right about how long ago it was I played Defender. I occasionally pick it for Skirmishes and stuff, but I cant remember when i picked it for a regular battle. So yeah, that kinda makes sense.

Yeah I didn't feel ''gifted'' as I had to re-buy it, put it in top configuration, retrain crew, buy ammo, totaling about 3m credits. All that just for 1 game. There are some of these tanks that have lower expected values than in past. The problem is that you would have had to play them in past already for them to upgrade now. Defender requirements can go down to old levels at some point, so if you want to mark the tank easier way, just play sometimes to update the requirements maybe.

Nebuched #13 Posted 18 May 2020 - 06:15 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14750 battles

View PostLethalWalou, on 17 May 2020 - 10:00 PM, said:

MoE is a rollercoaster ride and a cluster[edited]. As is the hp increase for low tiers

Edited by Homer_J, 18 May 2020 - 02:03 PM.
Swearing

_AiSaatana #14 Posted 18 May 2020 - 06:37 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 34500 battles
  • [FIPDR] FIPDR

Dont worry. You Will learn to play this game someday

BattleMetalChris #15 Posted 18 May 2020 - 09:29 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10401 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

2 things could have happened:

• You've not played that tank for a while and the MoE requirement has gone up since.
  • It's based on your last 100 battles, so you may have had an even more amazing game 101 battles ago which was being counted towards the total before but now is not.

Moomiss #16 Posted 18 May 2020 - 02:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8231 battles
  • [KBAD] KBAD

I dont know what a MoE is

Grimago #17 Posted 18 May 2020 - 03:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 36330 battles
  • [NO-BS] NO-BS

View PostLethalWalou, on 17 May 2020 - 11:30 PM, said:

Yeah I didn't feel ''gifted'' as I had to re-buy it, put it in top configuration, retrain crew, buy ammo, totaling about 3m credits. All that just for 1 game. There are some of these tanks that have lower expected values than in past. The problem is that you would have had to play them in past already for them to upgrade now. Defender requirements can go down to old levels at some point, so if you want to mark the tank easier way, just play sometimes to update the requirements maybe.

I see. That seems like a somewhat large investment for 1 whole battle. Yet, think about your bragging rights in your clan. "Oh you so cool for getting the first gunmark in 10 battles? I got my third gunmark in one. Sucks to be you, scrub!" ;)

View PostBattleMetalChris, on 18 May 2020 - 09:29 AM, said:

• You've not played that tank for a while and the MoE requirement has gone up since.

That's the one. I have played it recently, but hardly ever if not never in random battles. 

14:11 Added after 5 minute

View PostMoomiss, on 18 May 2020 - 02:21 PM, said:

I dont know what a MoE is

They're also called gunmarks. Little symbols on your gun, to showcase whether you're any good at playing that tank, by comparison to other players, measured by your last 100 battles or so. You get 1 gunmark for being in the top 35%, a second gunmark for being in the top 15% and finally a third gunmark for achieving a position within the top 5% of players who played that tank recently. These percentages are based on the damage or damage assistance you do.

Slyspy #18 Posted 18 May 2020 - 03:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15292 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Also the sample of your games used for a comparison is the last 100 games IIRC so if you've played more than 100 games then this result might have knocked another, even better, result out of the comparison. 

Gixxer66 #19 Posted 18 May 2020 - 03:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20335 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

Your overall average damage is 1361 at and average tier of 7.95 with a WN8 of 1681

Your last 7 days is 1603 at an average tier of  9.11 with a WN8 of 1287

It's all relative - you are performing worse relative to the tiers you are playing. Simple explanation for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users