I don't understand the EBR logic.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

VsUK #1 Posted 18 May 2020 - 12:24 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles
I don't know if people can remember back when people could platoon up in a tier 10 tank with a tier 1 tank & that tier 10 tank would end up dragging that tier 1 into a tier 10 game? Well I remember as it was a problem that was ruining games. But I also remember, it didn't matter where you hit the tanks, be it on the tracks or even shooting that empty cup left on the turret, it was always a 1 shot kill. So, with that said. The EBR 105, which has less armour than a tier 3 Valentine which is a 1 shot kill by most t10 tanks. Yet I've hit them in my FV215b with a shell most likely heavier than the EBR & all you get is critical. I've had shots bounce off them & in my Loor 40t, had 3 of my 4 shots critical only. 

I do not get how something so fragile in terms of armour can be so resilient to high tier shots. And if you hit the wheels, you rarely cause damage. Which begs to question, how is this possible? Is this a special type of rubber their wheels are made of? If so, can I buy it to coat my tanks.

Tanks have been removed from the game because WG & people complained they were broken. Well, I'm failing to find reason's why EBR's are any better, as I believe they're worse. There's no trade off with them  at all. They have the ability to lock onto tanks without having to highlight the enemy tank, which is basically an aimbot. Their accuracy whilst moving full pelt up & around objects whilst avoiding enemy fire looking the other way is far too accurate. They shake off shots like a Maus & seem to have the remarkable ability to jump off cliffs, landing on all 6 wheels without slowing down, then WG thought, you know what. We don't like the fact players have to let go of that W key to turn sharply, so we're going to give them that ability whilst moving full speed. 

For me, as I like using heavy & meds mostly, they ruin game play. You can't move with them in the game. You can't spot them when they charge you because they almost always manage to get a shot off at you before they even appear. I've had games on Malinovka where the enemy EBR just drove strait into our team & lost half our tanks inside the first minutes because of it. There's no skill required nor any tactic, you just keep moving full speed & never stop. 

I didn't like lights to start with, but they were manageable because they still had to play smart. EBR's are just a joke, a clown car for people who can't be bothered to play the game. Yes I know, they're actually playing the game, but using an EBR isn't world of tanks, it's an embarrassment to world of tanks I can only come to the conclusion that the sole purpose of them is to make players use more gold ammo & make games shorter.

xtrem3x #2 Posted 18 May 2020 - 01:53 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 37037 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

Stop shooting their wheels and you'll stop getting critical hits, the EBR is high off the ground so a lot of shots to the lower half have no hull behind the wheels

The rubber is not special, it's an arcade game not a real life simulator therefore the rubber doesn't come off and incapacitate the vehicle

There is a sticky already for threads like this so the forum doesn't get flooded, you probably knew this already but chose to post your whine here because it's too important to get lost in the big sticky whine thread

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 18 May 2020 - 05:52 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 36960 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostVsUK, on 18 May 2020 - 12:24 AM, said:

So, with that said. The EBR 105, which has less armour than a tier 3 Valentine which is a 1 shot kill by most t10 tanks. Yet I've hit them in my FV215b with a shell most likely heavier than the EBR & all you get is critical. 

Because you missed. Aim better. 

Jauhesammutin #4 Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24255 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostVsUK, on 17 May 2020 - 11:24 PM, said:

So, with that said. The EBR 105, which has less armour than a tier 3 Valentine which is a 1 shot kill by most t10 tanks. Yet I've hit them in my FV215b with a shell most likely heavier than the EBR & all you get is critical. I've had shots bounce off them & in my Loor 40t, had 3 of my 4 shots critical only. 

Just like a MS-1 can "bounce" a 183mm AP shell the wheels of the EBR can bounce FV215's shells. That's how the game mechanics works. Learn the basics and you'll understand why things like that happen.

Cobra6 #5 Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16624 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Like with any other tank in the game, if you hit an area on the vehicle that does not have the actual hull/turret behind it, you'll do no damage.

1/3 of the EBR side profile has nothing behind it, so if you hit that 1/3, you do no damage. It's not rocket science.

Then when there is something behind it, due to the angles, it might very well create auto-bounces from various angles.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 18 May 2020 - 07:52 AM.

Bigtime_Alarm #6 Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23941 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 18 May 2020 - 05:52 AM, said:

yeah right since they zig zag at warp speed you are lucky to hit the thing at all, choosing where is just a joke.  

wsatnutter #7 Posted 18 May 2020 - 08:02 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27378 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 18 May 2020 - 04:52 AM, said:

best post of the day so far I laughed hard

malowany #8 Posted 18 May 2020 - 08:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6788 battles
  • [H-O-A] H-O-A

It's the same old story as with SPG threads, people will come and tell you to aim better just like people been telling for years to stay in arty cover even though it has been debunked so many times that there really isn't such thing as viable arty cover in WOT.

It's not about aiming better, I have great leading skills since I am coming from FPS background and lately mainly hardcore military shooters, I will hit speeding EBR 9/10 times (excluding RNG misses). The issue is that even the best aim and leading skills won't save you from hitting those damn wheels, and saying aim better is such bullcrap too if it was War Thunder I would maybe agree but did people forget that in WOT shells fly as they please? 

Block Quote

Stop shooting their wheels and you'll stop getting critical hits, the EBR is high off the ground so a lot of shots to the lower half have no hull behind the wheels

This is actually horrendous advice, you always aim for the mass centre, if you don't all you have is a tiny top part of a wheelie wheezing around.

The bottom line is, I've seen wheelies have better survival rate than meds for crying out loud, its always 3 obligatory misses, one hit which doesn't kill the tank anyway and 2 critical hits on the wheels, most meds would be dead by now. And for the job it does and the efficiency it does it with even when hit for dmg it still survives 2-3 hits, it doesn't care and carries on devastating opposition.

But I've seen this rinse and repeat so many times, generally, people would rather see WOT crash and burn than have their latest broken toy taken away, I never understood it but that's how it always is. My favourite moment is from HearthStone, there was this blatantly OP card, and since its CCG you can actually prove that with actual math, and yet there was always an army of people on the forum yelling its fine, ridiculing the opposition. Well because this is a CCG devs finally nerfed the card and admitted that it was filthy OP and joked that what were they thinking, I haven't seen any of the vivid defenders of that card post a single thing about it post nerf, since they stopped caring and went looking for new OP toy. It's the same on any game forum.

ilmavarvas #9 Posted 18 May 2020 - 08:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24029 battles
  • [PR-22] PR-22
Just laughed when I saw our teams BC 25t shoot & hit EBR 105 4 times in a row yesterday - all criticals... :trollface:

Ceeb #10 Posted 18 May 2020 - 08:47 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 35730 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

WG have made it stupidily easy to get to Tier 10 with all the XP bonuses,  People are smashing thier way to that tier then are too scared to get a mark on thier tanks, players that have no right (in gameplay terms) being there. Hell I dont belong there, I get the tier 10, then rearly play it.

WG have also ruined tier 10, although there are people here on this forum that think otherwise,  Tier 11-12 tanks being introduced.

They can keep the speed,  They need the same physics as all other lights same, take the same damage jumping off the medium hill that say an Even 90 takes.   I was on Pilsen yesterday trying to get behind a PTA, and lost my tracks for no reason what so ever, The EBR would just shrug it off. Right click and autoaim.

1) Keep the Speed, No issues with it personally.

2) remove the Autoaim+, If I had that on anyother tank, Id get banned.

3) Same Phyiscs as other tanks, make them a class that SKILL is required.

Then all the Simps that think there is nothing wrong with them will kick off.  Saying they have ruined the WVs. But something needs to be done about them.

SuperOlsson #11 Posted 18 May 2020 - 09:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25293 battles
  • [Q-KEN] Q-KEN

"Aim better" 

Yeah agreed, it is very easy to hit a tank that can change direction and dodge your shell twice within your shells travel time. Piece of cake, just git gud!

Ceeb #12 Posted 18 May 2020 - 09:25 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 35730 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostSuperOlsson, on 18 May 2020 - 08:12 AM, said:

"Aim better" 

Yeah agreed, it is very easy to hit a tank that can change direction and dodge your shell twice within your shells travel time. Piece of cake, just git gud!

I'm a member of Sarcasmaholics Anonymous, I think you should join :)

ilmavarvas #13 Posted 18 May 2020 - 09:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24029 battles
  • [PR-22] PR-22

View PostSuperOlsson, on 18 May 2020 - 09:12 AM, said:

"Aim better" 

Well... That's why you have to aim better, otherwise you won't hit, right?

arthurwellsley #14 Posted 18 May 2020 - 10:17 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55838 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostVsUK, on 17 May 2020 - 11:24 PM, said:

Yet I've hit them in my FV215b with a shell most likely heavier than the EBR & all you get is critical. The forum would love to see the proof with a replay.

I've had shots bounce off them & in my Lorraine 40t, had 3 of my 4 shots critical only. Again the replay of this would be fascinating to analyze.

I've had games on Malinovka where the enemy EBR just drove strait into our team & lost half our tanks inside the first minutes because of it. There's no skill required nor any tactic, you just keep moving full speed & never stop. Maybe the forum would enjoy seeing the replay of how the EBR driver managed to do this?

Replays or it never happened!

dusan2916 #15 Posted 18 May 2020 - 10:23 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19399 battles
  • [4FATE] 4FATE

View PostVsUK, on 18 May 2020 - 12:24 AM, said:

I don't know if people can remember back when people could platoon up in a tier 10 tank with a tier 1 tank & that tier 10 tank would end up dragging that tier 1 into a tier 10 game? Well I remember as it was a problem that was ruining games. But I also remember, it didn't matter where you hit the tanks, be it on the tracks or even shooting that empty cup left on the turret, it was always a 1 shot kill. So, with that said. The EBR 105, which has less armour than a tier 3 Valentine which is a 1 shot kill by most t10 tanks. Yet I've hit them in my FV215b with a shell most likely heavier than the EBR & all you get is critical. I've had shots bounce off them & in my Loor 40t, had 3 of my 4 shots critical only. 

I do not get how something so fragile in terms of armour can be so resilient to high tier shots. And if you hit the wheels, you rarely cause damage. Which begs to question, how is this possible? Is this a special type of rubber their wheels are made of? If so, can I buy it to coat my tanks.

Tanks have been removed from the game because WG & people complained they were broken. Well, I'm failing to find reason's why EBR's are any better, as I believe they're worse. There's no trade off with them  at all. They have the ability to lock onto tanks without having to highlight the enemy tank, which is basically an aimbot. Their accuracy whilst moving full pelt up & around objects whilst avoiding enemy fire looking the other way is far too accurate. They shake off shots like a Maus & seem to have the remarkable ability to jump off cliffs, landing on all 6 wheels without slowing down, then WG thought, you know what. We don't like the fact players have to let go of that W key to turn sharply, so we're going to give them that ability whilst moving full speed. 

For me, as I like using heavy & meds mostly, they ruin game play. You can't move with them in the game. You can't spot them when they charge you because they almost always manage to get a shot off at you before they even appear. I've had games on Malinovka where the enemy EBR just drove strait into our team & lost half our tanks inside the first minutes because of it. There's no skill required nor any tactic, you just keep moving full speed & never stop. 

I didn't like lights to start with, but they were manageable because they still had to play smart. EBR's are just a joke, a clown car for people who can't be bothered to play the game. Yes I know, they're actually playing the game, but using an EBR isn't world of tanks, it's an embarrassment to world of tanks I can only come to the conclusion that the sole purpose of them is to make players use more gold ammo & make games shorter.

Stop being salty about the game, just get better and learn to aim, thats it. Its the same, when you hit tracks on the tank and dont do any damage apart from actually stopping the tank. Everybody is just hating it, guys learn to play against it...

aps1 #16 Posted 18 May 2020 - 10:31 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29991 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6
My EBR must be broken then as last night on the world map I got slammed by an E3 on sand river. Came over the crest of a dune unSpotted  and slammed straight away for 800ish before sixth sense went off(yes I know there is a delay)

Ebrs are very much like chefitains and 907s one or two not so much of an issue but when they hunt in packs they are. One saving grace is that anyone can grind an Ebr and I recommend you do as you might not whine so much about them.

Long_Range_Sniper #17 Posted 18 May 2020 - 11:22 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 40766 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postdusan2916, on 18 May 2020 - 09:23 AM, said:

Stop being salty about the game, just get better and learn to aim

That's easier said than modded.

SuperOlsson #18 Posted 18 May 2020 - 01:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25293 battles
  • [Q-KEN] Q-KEN

View Postilmavarvas, on 18 May 2020 - 09:38 AM, said:

Well... That's why you have to aim better, otherwise you won't hit, right?

My point is, sure you can try to perfect the aiming by predicting where and EBR is going, carefully preaiming and timing the shot to hit the middle of the silhouette and not the 1/3rd of the side silhouette that doesn't contain a hitbox will. But it will only take you so far since your target possess such dynamics that it can start turning after you have taken your shot and still evade your shell.

shishx_the_trash_can #19 Posted 18 May 2020 - 01:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4580 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View Postdusan2916, on 18 May 2020 - 10:23 AM, said:

Stop being salty about the game, just get better and learn to aim, thats it. Its the same, when you hit tracks on the tank and dont do any damage apart from actually stopping the tank. Everybody is just hating it, guys learn to play against it...

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 18 May 2020 - 11:22 AM, said:

That's easier said than modded.

ROFL inb4 "I was just trollin' since 2012"

Stig_Stigma #20 Posted 18 May 2020 - 01:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23012 battles
  • [DOCTR] DOCTR
The EBR are currently my fav tanks to play (after them I like fast tanks and autoloaders), but even I get angry when I hit a wheel. That doesnt make those tanks OP. When I have an anemy EBR I try to outplay him, by baiting him where my team can shoot. By making him miss so I have more time to shoot him. And by shooting at him only when he is going straight to me or away from me. Also dont bother shooting with low velocity shell guns. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users