Ping Connectivity issues Server change Lag Asia Europe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Haxelrode #1 Posted 18 May 2020 - 11:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6843 battles
  • [SSBLU] SSBLU

I downloaded the game 3 years ago, and of course like any random new comer had no idea about the regions blaa blaa stuff so when I opened the website it automatically directed me to the European region (though it was a bit confusing that why the hell would I go for the eu server instead of the asian one) and I thought alright the game knows better so I went on downloading.So after getting 300 average ping for 3 constant years my dumb a** has finally come to the conclusion that the problem is really not with my internet connection as I get a 14mbps average speed, but with the server.You see I am from Pakistan and am on the European server so it pretty much tells why I am having the ping issues.

I would really really wish to come to the Asian server now but I have read the forums and am a bit confused as some people are saying that the server changing mods don't work or you have to make a new account.

So please tell me what to do...will a simple mod do? And if yes please tell which one.Do I have to download another client? Or can that be avoided (I would def. Want to avoid that).Do I have to make a whole NEW account?(you see I can't really start all over again

Edited by Haxelrode, 18 May 2020 - 12:22 PM.

jabster #2 Posted 18 May 2020 - 12:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12856 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
Bad news I'm afraid WG won't do it and there is no mod so you'll have to create a new account.

arthurwellsley #3 Posted 18 May 2020 - 12:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56495 battles
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD

View PostHaxelrode, on 18 May 2020 - 10:37 AM, said:

I downloaded the game 3 years ago, and of course like any random new comer had no idea about the regions blaa blaa stuff so when I opened the website it automatically directed me to the European region (though it was a bit confusing that why the hell would I go for the eu server instead of the asian one) and I thought alright the game knows better so I went on downloading.So after getting 300 average ping for 3 constant year my dumb a** has finally come to the conclusion that the problem is really not with my internet connection as I get a 14mbps average speed, but with the server.You see I am from Pakistan and am on the European server so it pretty much tells why I am having the ping issues.

I would really really wish to come to the Asian server now but I have read the forums and am a bit confused as some people are saying that the server changing mods don't work or you have to make a new account.

So please tell me what to do...will a simple mod do? And if yes please tell which one.Do I have to download another client? Or can that be avoided (I would def. Want to avoid that).Do I have to make a whole NEW account?(you see I can't really start all over again

Server changing mods allowed you to download one game client and then switch region. However you still needed separate accounts in say SEA and in EU.

Eventually WG coded the server changing ability into the WoT Launcher so that you can now change regions there, but again it still requires separate accounts.

For a number of years WG talked about enabling accounts to change server for a price. However, recently WG have said that they are not going to offer this service as the "offers" and prices that they have made on different servers have diverged.

So I am sorry OP but either (a) you must continue to play on EU with poor ping, and (b) you must create a new account elsewhere.

The other thing I am interested in is your choice of SEA. I understand English might be used more there, but (i) relatively small population, and (ii) the cost of pixels on RU will be cheaper, and (iii) might you not get better ping from one of the RU servers?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users