Jump to content


The Mad M4A3E8 Fury. Oh, What a Tank!


  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:00 AM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 33,886
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
The right choice not only for cinema enthusiasts but also for every fan of a great Sherman tank.

The full text of the news item

EinMizlingDk #2 Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:03 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 28854 battles
  • 81
  • Member since:
    10-18-2014
:popcorn:

wsatnutter #3 Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:20 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27401 battles
  • 10,246
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
haven't taken mine out in ages and not a bad price considering the bloat

Misago #4 Posted 19 May 2020 - 07:13 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 20502 battles
  • 89
  • Member since:
    04-21-2012

Tier 6, eh?

 

That means it will run up against Tier 8. Wonder how this thing will fare against a defender.



Miepie #5 Posted 19 May 2020 - 07:26 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 6130 battles
  • 2,177
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-19-2018

View PostMisago, on 19 May 2020 - 07:13 AM, said:

Tier 6, eh?

 

That means it will run up against Tier 8. Wonder how this thing will fare against a defender.

It will sacrifice its' two platoon mates to do a yolo run to the rear of the Defender, setting it on fire by shooting into the engine. :popcorn:



O_o_Babbuino #6 Posted 19 May 2020 - 07:28 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 43871 battles
  • 457
  • [SCOBA] SCOBA
  • Member since:
    06-15-2011

View PostCommunity, on 19 May 2020 - 06:00 AM, said:

The right choice not only for cinema enthusiasts but also for every fan of a great Sherman tank.
<a href="https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/special-offers/m4a3e8-fury-offer-may2020/">The full text of the news item</a>

nice line :)

06:31 Added after 2 minute

I have a Revalorise

 

It's "big Fury" tier 8...and it is terribly bad...paper, clumsy and long reload with long aim time...not competetive at all

 

Fury could be a fun tank to play....

 

Absolutely the best of Sherman tanks in the game.



yodelihiti #7 Posted 19 May 2020 - 07:45 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 73605 battles
  • 251
  • [LEHR] LEHR
  • Member since:
    07-01-2011

View PostMiepie, on 19 May 2020 - 06:26 AM, said:

It will sacrifice its' two platoon mates to do a yolo run to the rear of the Defender, setting it on fire by shooting into the engine. :popcorn:


And it bounces a shot.

 

In the end 30.000 soldiers will come with 30.000 panzerfausts. When the morning sun it will win. :popcorn:



Hammerhead20 #8 Posted 19 May 2020 - 08:18 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 31656 battles
  • 2,312
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

"Cinema enthusiasts"?

 

The movie is bad and the vehicle itself is nothing special.

 

Just a quick snack for higher tiers most of the time...



guest273 #9 Posted 19 May 2020 - 08:20 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 37707 battles
  • 2,725
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012
If a tank is bad on +2 MM then:
a) It's not worth it, don't buy it.
b) If you want to buy it then you need to preach +/- 1 MM on every updates feedback.

There's just no other way.

Virusas #10 Posted 19 May 2020 - 08:30 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 18585 battles
  • 134
  • [ALTTD] ALTTD
  • Member since:
    12-23-2011

View PostHammerhead20, on 19 May 2020 - 08:18 AM, said:

"Cinema enthusiasts"?

 

The movie is bad and the vehicle itself is nothing special.

 

Just a quick snack for higher tiers most of the time...

Well, if you didnt like the movie it doesnt  mean that others disliked that also :). Or youre working as a movie critic or something like that?:P



BSHDBCG #11 Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:12 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 6520 battles
  • 1,131
  • Member since:
    04-20-2015

At least Thunderbolt comes with a BiA crew... unlike this one.

 

:trollface:



Morgan_the_Reaper #12 Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:12 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 85265 battles
  • 802
  • [AN_GR] AN_GR
  • Member since:
    07-09-2013

my premium account ending so i was thinking if this one worth it to buy with 17 euros adding 15% coupon and grab 2500 gold paying only 7 for the tank

Suggestions ?


Edited by Morgan_the_Reaper, 19 May 2020 - 09:12 AM.


O_o_Babbuino #13 Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:23 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 43871 battles
  • 457
  • [SCOBA] SCOBA
  • Member since:
    06-15-2011

View PostMorgan_the_Reaper, on 19 May 2020 - 09:12 AM, said:

my premium account ending so i was thinking if this one worth it to buy with 17 euros adding 15% coupon and grab 2500 gold paying only 7 for the tank

Suggestions ?

View PostMorgan_the_Reaper, on 19 May 2020 - 09:12 AM, said:

my premium account ending so i was thinking if this one worth it to buy with 17 euros adding 15% coupon and grab 2500 gold paying only 7 for the tank

Suggestions ?

You can't use coupon for this one

 

 


Edited by O_o_Babbuino, 19 May 2020 - 09:23 AM.


Darth_CareBear #14 Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:36 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 23536 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View PostMorgan_the_Reaper, on 19 May 2020 - 09:12 AM, said:

my premium account ending so i was thinking if this one worth it to buy with 17 euros adding 15% coupon and grab 2500 gold paying only 7 for the tank

Suggestions ?

Discliamer: I am a bit of an underdog tank collector and collect all things sherman.

 

I have this Fury, it is a heavier, slower Easy 8.

 

Think of its closest rival cromwell, crommie is better in every way Pen, Alpha, speed, dispersion, turret and side armour (slightly, and not that it matters in T8 but still).

Shell velocity is slightly faster in with Fury (standard rounds) 790ish m/s but still requires leading shots quite a bit and the shot arcs quite a bit. Traverse is better than crommie tho, but turret traverse is worse, view range is slightly better...all these things will hopefully show you that it makes for a better 3rd line support tank sitting hull down with its gun depression almost TD like. It is not a med that will quickly rush in do some burst dmg behind circle jerking an enemy and wizzing off like crommie. Many people play the Firefly the same way more of a mobile versatile TD than a medium.

 

As a crew trainer for the E8 etc it suits them, however for T10 patton the Radio opperator is 1 too many so it makes it a bit odd, other than that i do njoy it, coz Murica and it shoots Freedom!!:teethhappy:


Edited by Darth_CareBear, 19 May 2020 - 09:48 AM.


Nexuo #15 Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:40 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22049 battles
  • 269
  • [DPG3] DPG3
  • Member since:
    09-19-2013

View PostMorgan_the_Reaper, on 19 May 2020 - 09:12 AM, said:

my premium account ending so i was thinking if this one worth it to buy with 17 euros adding 15% coupon and grab 2500 gold paying only 7 for the tank

Suggestions ?

You already have the T26E4 SuperPershing, T25 Pilot, ThunderBolt VII for crew training. Unless you are a tank collector or really enjoy tier 6.... but than again, 7 euro for a premium tank on it's self isn't much.

And the coupon do apply. I can see mine 10% coupon (for purchase above 9,95eu) active for it. Depends on the terms and condition of your coupon. 



Morgan_the_Reaper #16 Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:44 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 85265 battles
  • 802
  • [AN_GR] AN_GR
  • Member since:
    07-09-2013

View PostNexuo, on 19 May 2020 - 08:40 AM, said:

You already have the T26E4 SuperPershing, T25 Pilot, ThunderBolt VII for crew training. Unless you are a tank collector or really enjoy tier 6.... but than again, 7 euro for a premium tank on it's self isn't much.

And the coupon do apply. I can see mine 10% coupon (for purchase above 9,95eu) active for it. Depends on the terms and condition of your coupon. 

tank reward coupon can be used 15% on purchase of 19.99 i buy almost everything and 7 euros i think its ok for tier 6 premium

 

08:45 Added after 0 minute

View PostO_o_Babbuino, on 19 May 2020 - 08:23 AM, said:

You can't use coupon for this one

 

 

tank reward coupon can be used



adameitas #17 Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:50 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 72765 battles
  • 1,085
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011

View PostDarth_CareBear, on 19 May 2020 - 08:36 AM, said:

Discliamer: I am a bit of an underdog tank collector and collect all things sherman.

 

I have this Fury, it is a heavier, slower Easy 8.

 

Think of its closest rival cromwell, crommie is better in every way Pen, Alpha, speed, dispersion, turret and side armour (slightly, and not that it matters in T8 but still).

Shell velocity is slightly faster in with Fury (standard rounds) 790ish m/s but still requires leading shots quite a bit and the shot arcs quite a bit. Traverse is better than crommie tho, but turret traverse is worse, view range is slightly better...all these things will hopefully show you that it makes for a better 3rd line support tank sitting hull down with its gun depression almost TD like. It is not a med that will quickly rush in do some burst dmg behind circle jerking an enemy and wizzing off like crommie. Many people play the Firefly the same way more of a mobile versatile TD than a medium.

 

As a crew trainer for the E8 etc it suits them, however for pershing and patton etc the Radio opperator is 1 too many so it makes it a bit odd, other than that i do njoy it, coz Murica and it shoots Freedom!!:teethhappy:

while i agree that cromwell overall is a better tank but not better in everything. Fury has some very important gun stats better also better gun dep. All in all fury is like most of USA meds - based on gun dep and gun. Personal i dont like cromwell bc of that horrible gun handling and like USA meds bc gun dep and gun handling is very important for my gameplay style. Fury is the last one from shermans family i am missing and this offer is quite good might take it for collection.



bandit287 #18 Posted 19 May 2020 - 10:03 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 41026 battles
  • 407
  • [GEUF] GEUF
  • Member since:
    01-13-2013
Why would anyone need it if there's VC Firefly available...

wobblybob #19 Posted 19 May 2020 - 10:09 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 73976 battles
  • 696
  • [TNAC] TNAC
  • Member since:
    07-23-2011

It looks pretty and you can tell hapless pubbies to do their F'ing job with righteous indignation. Its very high dpm is utterly lethal to tier 4/5 tanks and allow you to dominate these games. Unfortunately these matches occur as about as frequently as a coherent Trump coronavirus briefing. 

 

The actual reality is you have a slightly worse easy 8 that is totally outclassed by its peers. Don't expect to do well against T34-85 clones and don't expect to make money as 128 pen is unworkable in most matches. With a few small improvements it could be nice but right now maintain social distance.



PewPewLikeABoss #20 Posted 19 May 2020 - 10:09 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 2345 battles
  • 9
  • [E-A-M] E-A-M
  • Member since:
    12-26-2014

View Postadameitas, on 19 May 2020 - 09:50 AM, said:

while i agree that cromwell overall is a better tank but not better in everything. Fury has some very important gun stats better also better gun dep. All in all fury is like most of USA meds - based on gun dep and gun. Personal i dont like cromwell bc of that horrible gun handling and like USA meds bc gun dep and gun handling is very important for my gameplay style. Fury is the last one from shermans family i am missing and this offer is quite good might take it for collection.

U will notice i mentioned the gun depression but its not crzy good like easy 8 -12 degrees, but 10 is decent. The fury gun handling is meh, not much better than crommie 0.40 dispersion for fury vs 0.36 for crommie, don't know if hidden gun stats is worse...i dunno be careful if you think the fury has better gun stats...the low shell velocity and round ARC feels the same, but for the MEME's and collection i think it is worth it, the fast reload and gun mantlet armour has allowed me to do consistent dmg. Now sure i have not played it yet that much since owning it, trying to get ALL the tier 10s, but 1000dmg is fairly easy and i enjoy the thunderbolt and easy 8, Fury fits in nicely.

 

But as mentioned above the pen is bad, so you have to sit in back but not far back otherwise no pen, i try to sit on 2nd line or 3rd line behind the frontline heavies etc little off to side to get pen shots in.

 

But it is not Ruskie, *cough raaashan bias* *cough* so a t34-85m is way better.


Edited by PewPewLikeABoss, 19 May 2020 - 10:22 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users