Sapphire r9 280x

i5 4690

i reinstalled the game

i have no mods

i used the file checker

i used wg checker

all drivers are up to date.

i experience nothing like this in any other game

don't advise me system related stuff as this is strictly the game's issue.

crashes don't follow any pattern, completely random both in battle and in the garage and often when when i click on go back to garage of when a battle ends.

Steve8066 #2 Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21934 battles
are you using HD? mine started crashing 3 days ago so ive gone back to SD and seems fine.

katemeow99 #3 Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1651 battles

View PostSteve8066, on 19 May 2020 - 09:49 PM, said:

are you using HD? mine started crashing 3 days ago so ive gone back to SD and seems fine.

yep hd, imma try sd now,.

20:59 Added after 4 minute
nvm, crashes anyways.
21:00 Added after 5 minute

now the crashing is so bad i can't even play a battle. i play a battle, crash, log back in, play for 2 mins, crash again.

i'm so [edited]done, i wasted my entire day.  tried unplugging my 2nd monitor, disabling my 2nd gpu, uninstalling antivirus, win 7 compatibility, literally nothing works. considering the absolutely pathetic things this company has done in the past they probably just don't know how to support win 7 fully anymore lol.

Edited by katemeow99, 19 May 2020 - 10:04 PM.

Kingfish__ #4 Posted 19 May 2020 - 10:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8184 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
To be fair I don't think they can fully support Windows 7 anymore as it was released 11 years ago, can you get hold of Windows 10?

unhappy__bunny #5 Posted 19 May 2020 - 10:33 PM

Brigadier

• 21177 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Postkatemeow99, on 19 May 2020 - 08:55 PM, said:

yep hd, imma try sd now,.

20:59 Added after 4 minute
nvm, crashes anyways.
21:00 Added after 5 minute

now the crashing is so bad i can't even play a battle. i play a battle, crash, log back in, play for 2 mins, crash again.

i'm so [edited]done, i wasted my entire day.  tried unplugging my 2nd monitor, disabling my 2nd gpu, uninstalling antivirus, win 7 compatibility, literally nothing works. considering the absolutely pathetic things this company has done in the past they probably just don't know how to support win 7 fully anymore lol.

Even Microsoft stopped supporting Windows 7. 

Have you tried a different server? 

Can you run Pingplotter and point it at the login server for whichever server you connect to? Run it until the crash happens ad then post the result here.

katemeow99 #6 Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1651 battles

View Postunhappy__bunny, on 19 May 2020 - 10:33 PM, said:

Even Microsoft stopped supporting Windows 7. 

Have you tried a different server? 

Can you run Pingplotter and point it at the login server for whichever server you connect to? Run it until the crash happens ad then post the result here.

Ping plotter checks for Internet issues. I'm not getting Internet issues. My game. Is experiencing crashing, not timeout from servers

22:09 Added after 2 minute

View PostKingfish__, on 19 May 2020 - 10:30 PM, said:

To be fair I don't think they can fully support Windows 7 anymore as it was released 11 years ago, can you get hold of Windows 10?

I would, but I don't wanna lose all my files and apps, and no matter how you upgrade you will lose some programs etc. (the updater from win 7 to 10 is glitch and often fails, and if you do a clean install you a backup won't let ya keep everything)

Besides that I don't really wanna switch to an inferior OS yet, trying to use win 7 till the last breath. At least 40% of gamers on steam still use win 7.on wot its probably close to 55 considering most people have a potato pc especally on ru server. (BTW this is my wife's account, that's why it has few battles. Too lazy to switch to main) 

Scabolcz #7 Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18949 battles
You are not alone in this, mine started to crash yesterday, happenned only twice though when exiting battle... And im using nvme ssd, so i doubt HHD has any to do wiht it.

Edited by Scabolcz, 19 May 2020 - 11:12 PM.

VsUK #8 Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles
HD is buggy & just wrecks your system. I've tried both SD & HD & yeah, HD does look better, but if you want it to look amazing, buy a painting. This is a game & looks won't improve your gameplay, FPS & Ping does. 
I can easily handle HD, but I find SD far more pleasing. But I have found since 1.9.0.0 my client randomly closes to desktop when I click on battle at the moment it starts loading into a game after the queue. Only happens once per run & it always happens, it's just a matter of when. But 9/10 times it happens when I minimise the game while It waits in a queue & loads into battle. 

evilchaosmonkey #9 Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:44 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18900 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

View Postkatemeow99, on 19 May 2020 - 08:34 PM, said:

don't advise me system related stuff as this is strictly the game's issue.

I absolutely bet you it's not and it's your system.  Random crashes is the clue.  I bet a component is on its long journey to death - be that hardware or OS.

What are you running for cooling - fans or water cooling block?  Have you looked at a hardware monitor's status on crash in terms of especially CPU temp?

VsUK #10 Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 19 May 2020 - 10:44 PM, said:

I absolutely bet you it's not and it's your system.  Random crashes is the clue.  I bet a component is on its long journey to death - be that hardware or OS.

What are you running for cooling - fans or water cooling block?  Have you looked at a hardware monitor's status on crash in terms of especially CPU temp?

It infuriates me when people always say "It's your system". Firstly, if it was a cooling, hardware issue, the crashing wouldn't be specific to a specific program, he would experience this when doing other activities as well. 
I'm a software & hardware engineer & even with all my knowledge, I still get random crash to desktops with this game & only this game. I can play Eve Online whilst streaming live + encoding video or even 3DF Zephyr to patch 300+ photo's to create a 3D image & still not have any issue's with heating or crashing. But playing this game which uses 17% of the resources my other activities use, seem's to just crash regardless. 

I take the view your comment is coming from lack of knowledge rather than ignorance. World of Tanks client has bugs, bug's that still exist since the 0.8 days they still haven't fixed, just painted over!

katemeow99 #11 Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1651 battles

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 19 May 2020 - 11:44 PM, said:

hardwere is fine. temps are fine. i ran games way more intensive than wot that use all of my components at 100%. never had issues.

i have fan cooling as i find water cooling to be useless and just a gimmick unless you have a 3k pc lol

23:16 Added after 6 minute

View PostVsUK, on 19 May 2020 - 11:51 PM, said:

It infuriates me when people always say "It's your system". Firstly, if it was a cooling, hardware issue, the crashing wouldn't be specific to a specific program, he would experience this when doing other activities as well. 
I'm a software & hardware engineer & even with all my knowledge, I still get random crash to desktops with this game & only this game. I can play Eve Online whilst streaming live + encoding video or even 3DF Zephyr to patch 300+ photo's to create a 3D image & still not have any issue's with heating or crashing. But playing this game which uses 17% of the resources my other activities use, seem's to just crash regardless. 

I take the view your comment is coming from lack of knowledge rather than ignorance. World of Tanks client has bugs, bug's that still exist since the 0.8 days they still haven't fixed, just painted over!

omg dude, i love you, can we be best friends? you took the words out of my mouth.

i mean, it could even be my system, but maybe it's just a combination of win 7 + for example, my GPU, causing the crash because world of tanks doesn't support them well due to [edited]up something with the last update, soo many things it could be. so far nothing i did worked.

i work in IT too, however, i'm far from being an engineer like you lol, i'm just a hardware/software technician, i do get why people blame the system first however, sadly there is a lot of ignorant people who might not know, that's why i always specify, I CHECKED EVERYTHING, NOT A SYSTEM ISSUE.

honestly you know what?

i'm gonna hook up an ssd i have lying around and do a clean install on it with windows 10, i bet my balls it will work fine. i'm so sure they fucked up cuz they don't know how to support win 7. (even tho on their Russian server probably 70% of people are still using it since everyone has a potato pc there lol. they'll never show us stats tho. steam does.)

anyways, love your comment. thanks man.

Edited by katemeow99, 20 May 2020 - 12:10 AM.

katemeow99 #12 Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1651 battles
lmfao, win 10 runs fine xDDDDD

NekoPuffer_PPP #13 Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:14 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 36650 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Postkatemeow99, on 20 May 2020 - 01:58 AM, said:

lmfao, win 10 runs fine xDDDDD

Well this issue seems to be affecting only a select few players because I've only seen a couple threads about it.

Somebody mentioned it might have to do with 64-bit being buggy. There's a "run game in 32-bit mode" option in the same place where you'd select "start in safe mode", in the little arrow on the side of the big PLAY button in WGC.

So try running it in 32-bit mode, for curiosity's sake.

Robbie_T #14 Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22559 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I have maybe a solution

Are you playing full screen or windowed?

I had some clan mates in the past having crashing problems  and it was full screen mode that was the problem.

(dont ask me why i had found it online)

For windows 7 that is not the problem

Becuase last month i played on a old laptop with windows 7. and had no problems with disconnecting.

i7940 6gb GT425m and old Harddisk

Also  SSD or old hard drive is not the problem  because my old laptop also had a 5200rpm harddisk

(must say i had 10 seconds left before battle starting)

And play SD  Much less stress for your laptop CPU and GPU wise.

Edited by Robbie_T, 20 May 2020 - 02:48 AM.

drakkanax #15 Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:28 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16718 battles

I also had a lot of crashes since last update. Win 10, i7, 16G, R260+, WoT SD

It's not the system as it worked fine with WoT until 3 days back and it still works ok with other games like WoWP, which is in fact more demanding.

What I noticed is that suddenly WoT became more memory hungry and it crashes a lot less if I let it have a ton of RAM. It's seems it's some direct memory allocation, probably inter process memory sharing that is more demanding to allocate. They probably tried to allocate some huge continuous block and failed to handle failures gracefully. Such things often fail and are bad programming practice. You can do around it, but that requires you to recognize what you're doing in the first place... anyway that's a theory only that would explain the behavior I've witnessed.. and I happen to have experience in the field.

So to OP try freeing all possible memory and then running WoT even if it did work fine before with other things running(like memory hungry Chrome). See if it makes a difference.

PS. Another concern I have with WoT is that it has massively deteriorated "synching" times. It sometimes takes up to 20-25s to synch account, shops, garrage and so on... which is of course bad game experience,  but also a software stability risk if unaccounted properly.. which likely it isn't judging from past experience. Considering I'm on a wired connection to a optical line with very good speed, it's likely not my connection that's the issue. WoT does not show speeds on game startup but EVE online, which has a lot more to actually synch, does so at 70MB/s(that's 600mbit+)

Edited by drakkanax, 20 May 2020 - 07:33 AM.

Voldemars_Veiss #16 Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:34 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34054 battles
it seems to happen for many players, i have seen many streamers getting game crashes lately as well, even though they are not even using any mods, so its not an issue with mods, that causes it, for me it happens pretty much every session, fortunately it happens when im in garage, just after the battle at post game result screen. For some this happens during battles, once every hour pretty much lol. So i guess berlin game mode effed something up.

Blubba #17 Posted 20 May 2020 - 08:26 AM

Major

• Player
  • 63999 battles

I had my first CTD last night in a very long time. Very odd. Sent some info to WG that wot asked for. Lets hope they get more than just my financial details out of it! :great:

imendars #18 Posted 20 May 2020 - 11:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14339 battles

View Postkatemeow99, on 20 May 2020 - 01:07 AM, said:

I would, but I don't wanna lose all my files and apps, and no matter how you upgrade you will lose some programs etc. (the updater from win 7 to 10 is glitch and often fails, and if you do a clean install you a backup won't let ya keep everything)

Besides that I don't really wanna switch to an inferior OS yet, trying to use win 7 till the last breath. At least 40% of gamers on steam still use win 7.on wot its probably close to 55 considering most people have a potato pc especally on ru server. (BTW this is my wife's account, that's why it has few battles. Too lazy to switch to main) 

You will loose all your data anyways sooner or later.

One of my contacts experienced an event called "HDD or hard drive died"... with all his old data on it... it contained 10 or more years of information and he had no backup...

So get a backup and enjoy the reinstall. :trollface:

Windows 10 is not inferior, its actually by far better.

Edited by imendars, 20 May 2020 - 11:42 AM.

katemeow99 #19 Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1651 battles

View PostRobbie_T, on 20 May 2020 - 02:41 AM, said:

I have maybe a solution

Are you playing full screen or windowed?

I had some clan mates in the past having crashing problems  and it was full screen mode that was the problem.

(dont ask me why i had found it online)

For windows 7 that is not the problem

Becuase last month i played on a old laptop with windows 7. and had no problems with disconnecting.

i7940 6gb GT425m and old Harddisk

Also  SSD or old hard drive is not the problem  because my old laptop also had a 5200rpm harddisk

(must say i had 10 seconds left before battle starting)

And play SD  Much less stress for your laptop CPU and GPU wise.

why would i play sd when my pc can handle hd? it's like buying a ferrari and driving it like a fiat panda.

just because your win 7 works doesn't mean everyone's works, there is many different versions of win 7, mine being the ultimate, also it might be a combination of win 7 + some drivers/hardwere that cause the crash

11:05 Added after 1 minute

View Postdrakkanax, on 20 May 2020 - 07:28 AM, said:

I also had a lot of crashes since last update. Win 10, i7, 16G, R260+, WoT SD

It's not the system as it worked fine with WoT until 3 days back and it still works ok with other games like WoWP, which is in fact more demanding.

What I noticed is that suddenly WoT became more memory hungry and it crashes a lot less if I let it have a ton of RAM. It's seems it's some direct memory allocation, probably inter process memory sharing that is more demanding to allocate. They probably tried to allocate some huge continuous block and failed to handle failures gracefully. Such things often fail and are bad programming practice. You can do around it, but that requires you to recognize what you're doing in the first place... anyway that's a theory only that would explain the behavior I've witnessed.. and I happen to have experience in the field.

So to OP try freeing all possible memory and then running WoT even if it did work fine before with other things running(like memory hungry Chrome). See if it makes a difference.

PS. Another concern I have with WoT is that it has massively deteriorated "synching" times. It sometimes takes up to 20-25s to synch account, shops, garrage and so on... which is of course bad game experience,  but also a software stability risk if unaccounted properly.. which likely it isn't judging from past experience. Considering I'm on a wired connection to a optical line with very good speed, it's likely not my connection that's the issue. WoT does not show speeds on game startup but EVE online, which has a lot more to actually synch, does so at 70MB/s(that's 600mbit+)

works with 10 no prob, also even when running this game+ chrome with a video on + 10 tabs i only get 9 gb . of used memory

11:08 Added after 4 minute

View Postimendars, on 20 May 2020 - 11:41 AM, said:

You will loose all your data anyways sooner or later.

One of my contacts experienced an event called "HDD or hard drive died"... with all his old data on it... it contained 10 or more years of information and he had no backup...

So get a backup and enjoy the reinstall. :trollface:

Windows 10 is not inferior, its actually by far better.

i backup my data monthly, besides i have an ssd which are arguably more reliable. a backup doesn't save everything you know that right? it won't save programs and settings of those programs. i have 50+ programs and 20+games with specific settings, and i'd have to tweak all of those settings back if i updated to win 10, would take days of work

windows 10 is inferior in every way, it uses more memory and cpu with useless background stuff, to disable windows defender you need to tweak the registry and it's such hassle, instead of one control panel, there is control panel + settings which makes it SO confusing and stupid, also it don't even get me started on the amount of absolutely useless stuff like Microsoft gaming or whatever that garbage is called or cortana. only reason to use win10 is support for newer hardwere.

Edited by katemeow99, 20 May 2020 - 12:10 PM.

imendars #20 Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14339 battles

View Postkatemeow99, on 20 May 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

windows 10 is inferior in every way, it uses more memory and cpu with useless background stuff, to disable windows defender you need to tweak the registry and it's such hassle, instead of one control panel, there is control panel + settings which makes it SO confusing and stupid, also it don't even get me started on the amount of absolutely useless stuff like Microsoft gaming or whatever that garbage is called or cortana. only reason to use win10 is support for newer hardwere.

Windows Defender can be turned off permanently easily (dont know since when, they have changed a lot), besides most antivirus does that while they are active.
And memory usage - windows 10 simply uses the memory you have lot better. Whats the point of having 16gb of ram if it uses only 2 of them...

About turning stuff off... well... yea, they got lots of stuff these days (and all of that gets improved).

But than again... when windows have too few features - people scream that its too bare. When windows have lots of features - people scream that its too full.

Also i love that windows apps (not desktop programms) now are actually usable like desktop apps. I absolutely hated them when they came out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users