Excluded maps not working

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Kalonianhydra #1 Posted 19 May 2020 - 10:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32466 battles
Is there a lot of players getting maps they have excluded?

I got it today. And it annoys that the system doesn't work, it can't be that hard to get that simple function to work properly. 

Private_Miros #2 Posted 19 May 2020 - 10:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28635 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

It does work.

Keep in mind that it clearly states it only excludes the Standard variant of the map. Encounter and Assault variants are different maps.

galloways #3 Posted 19 May 2020 - 10:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25668 battles
  • [BM8] BM8
Have you also disabled assault and encounter? I think you still get excluded maps on those modes

TheDrownedApe #4 Posted 19 May 2020 - 10:20 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 52936 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
One every week

VsUK #5 Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles
So really, you can't exclude a map, you can only exclude 2 of its variations & still be forced to play the 3rd. Which makes the map exclusion pointless. I couldn't care less what mode the map is, if I don't like playing on that map, I should only have to add that map & that's it. It's a bit like telling the waiter not to put cheese on your burger. When it arrives, it has cheese on it & you remind the waiter you said no cheese. But the waiter says, yes that's right, but this is cheese with parsley. You didn't say no cheese with parsley. 

I've excluded himmelsdorf & Ensk because those maps are just too small & if the enemy has an EBR with half a brain, there's nothing you can do to stop it because it'll detect you & be out of sight before you even realise it was there. 
Playing tier 6+ on those maps should be banned because the tanks, esp tier 9/10 on those maps is just stupid. It's like throwing everyone in a box & giving it a shake to see who comes out on top.

BravelyRanAway #6 Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25337 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostVsUK, on 19 May 2020 - 10:29 PM, said:

So really, you can't exclude a map, you can only exclude 2 of its variations & still be forced to play the 3rd. Which makes the map exclusion pointless. I couldn't care less what mode the map is, if I don't like playing on that map, I should only have to add that map & that's it. It's a bit like telling the waiter not to put cheese on your burger. When it arrives, it has cheese on it & you remind the waiter you said no cheese. But the waiter says, yes that's right, but this is cheese with parsley. You didn't say no cheese with parsley. 

No...you can only exclude standard maps...not encounter or assault. The maps themselves are different, the objectives are different....they are not the same maps.

VsUK #7 Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 19 May 2020 - 10:34 PM, said:

No...you can only exclude standard maps...not encounter or assault. The maps themselves are different, the objectives are different....they are not the same maps.

I live on a very busy hill. Some days when I drive back home, I come up the hill to my house. Sometimes I end up coming down the hill to my house. Makes no difference how I access the hill or what I do on the hill, it's the same hill. 

The map is the same map regardless of what you do on it. People don't dislike maps because of the specific game mode. They dislike the map because its just rubbish for their own reason's. 
I'm not saying you're wrong, because WG do consider these game modes on those maps as different maps. It's a false positive when they added this feature. You think you can exclude a map you hate from being played on. But in the small print, it only excludes the standard battle maps, not all 3. Which in my view, makes the feature pointless because you still can't exclude the map!

BravelyRanAway #8 Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25337 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostVsUK, on 19 May 2020 - 10:45 PM, said:

I live on a very busy hill. Some days when I drive back home, I come up the hill to my house. Sometimes I end up coming down the hill to my house. Makes no difference how I access the hill or what I do on the hill, it's the same hill. 

No...the maps are not the same, there are differences in the maps themselves, ie:- Ensk standard is different from Ensk encounter(nothing to do with the cap circle placement) I'm not surprised you don't know this.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:19 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77184 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostVsUK, on 19 May 2020 - 11:45 PM, said:

The map is the same map regardless of what you do on it.

Actually it's not. Maps differ vs their standard counterpart. So your drive home to the hill, now suddenly has a massive block on the road you need to drive around. As cover etc are either moved, removed or in some cases made bigger. Take Ensk as a simple example. On standard, you can go and fire towards the center out via the buildings to the north. On encounter, those buildings are blocked off as now the cap is in the center. So that North doesn't get a bigger advantage. On other maps a hill is made flatter to make it harder to defend on assault. So no, the maps are not the same as such. Thus each map has 1 to 3 different file variants of himself under different names.

Atm the system only covers one variant of the maps. And as WG have said, it's still subject to change. But for now, it only covers standard battle. They gave a solid reason a while back, inc that some maps in the rotation don't have all modes. Thus you would only get assault on the "good" map all the time.

View PostVsUK, on 19 May 2020 - 11:45 PM, said:

The map is the same map regardless of what you do on it. People don't dislike maps because of the specific game mode. They dislike the map because its just rubbish for their own reason's.

For some that might be true. But Encounter on some maps I like, actually made he despise the map. It's why I have encounter off. As it made even a fun map, trash. 

Kalonianhydra #10 Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:39 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32466 battles

View PostVsUK, on 19 May 2020 - 10:29 PM, said:

I've excluded himmelsdorf & Ensk because those maps are just too small & if the enemy has an EBR with half a brain, there's nothing you can do to stop it because it'll detect you & be out of sight before you even realise it was there. 
Playing tier 6+ on those maps should be banned because the tanks, esp tier 9/10 on those maps is just stupid. It's like throwing everyone in a box & giving it a shake to see who comes out on top.

Yeah, like this.

09:42 Added after 3 minute
But I don't care about the small differences, the map is essentially the same, just some rocks moved or small path blocked. And that's for play ability of the different modes, on the same map. And if I don't want that map, I don't want it, regardless of the game mode.

apples33d #11 Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5748 battles
My main problem is that I'd like to exclude 90% of wot map because I dont like the way they're made :D 

TankkiPoju #12 Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:50 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25867 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 19 May 2020 - 11:54 PM, said:

No...the maps are not the same, there are differences in the maps themselves, ie:- Ensk standard is different from Ensk encounter(nothing to do with the cap circle placement) I'm not surprised you don't know this.

But it has to do with the cap circle placement on Ensk: The map differences on Encounter are to protect the cap circle better, so north side doesnt have clear advantage.

AFAIK most maps like El Halluf are exactly the same on Standard and Encounter, except where the cap circle is located.

Edited by TankkiPoju, 20 May 2020 - 10:52 AM.

Kalonianhydra #13 Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32466 battles
I don't care if they move a stone or a bush, it's the same map, same name. It should be excluded. Period.

Tankobatics #14 Posted 23 May 2020 - 11:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 34384 battles
  • [EC-IT] EC-IT

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 19 May 2020 - 10:14 PM, said:

It does work.

Keep in mind that it clearly states it only excludes the Standard variant of the map. Encounter and Assault variants are different maps.

Incorrect!

The Mines map only come in one flavour, and I have exclusion on for that map right now.

....with the result I gotten it every bloody time despite what tank I choose, from MT-25 to SPG to M2

HJN #15 Posted 23 May 2020 - 11:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 40738 battles

Sorry, but I'm quite sure you are all mistaken.

On selection a map for blocking, it clearly stats, that the block is only for a period of 4 hours, after which time, you have to unselect said maps to select them again.

Pain in the butt, but I think it is implemented that way, course WG don't really want people to be able to block maps, as it interfere with the MM.

The 4 hour period is to allow you to block a map if you are trying to do a mission, like in an arty, and you don't want to end up on a city map. - Encounter or not.

RockyRoller #16 Posted 23 May 2020 - 11:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40654 battles
If it is the very first game of the morning and that battle happens to be one on the excluded list then I get it. After that I don't get any more excluded maps until the next days first game.. maybe? I haven't had an excluded for a general restarting of the game.

barison1 #17 Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:17 AM

Major

• Player
  • 47077 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostHJN, on 23 May 2020 - 11:28 PM, said:

Sorry, but I'm quite sure you are all mistaken.

On selection a map for blocking, it clearly stats, that the block is only for a period of 4 hours, after which time, you have to unselect said maps to select them again.

Pain in the butt, but I think it is implemented that way, course WG don't really want people to be able to block maps, as it interfere with the MM.

The 4 hour period is to allow you to block a map if you are trying to do a mission, like in an arty, and you don't want to end up on a city map. - Encounter or not.

that 4 hour is a cooldown when you want some other map blocked instead, when having a map blocked you wont get the regular version of that map forever

it even says so on the announcement page "Finally, if you wish to block a different map, you will have to wait at least 4 hours to pass since you banned the previous one. "

Edited by barison1, 24 May 2020 - 12:20 AM.

Private_Miros #18 Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:24 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28635 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostTankobatics, on 23 May 2020 - 10:06 PM, said:

Incorrect!

The Mines map only come in one flavour, and I have exclusion on for that map right now.

....with the result I gotten it every bloody time despite what tank I choose, from MT-25 to SPG to M2

Mines standard is blocked then, Mines encounter not.

General_Jack_D_Ripper #19 Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:25 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4904 battles

View PostVsUK, on 19 May 2020 - 11:29 PM, said:

I do hate Assault on Siegfriedline with a passion. Is completely inbalanced. Not in regard to the teams, but to teamcomposition. No other map comes to mind, when I think about how the wrong tanks my result in a quick defeat.

But I do enjoy Assault on Erlenberg very much.

There is no way for me to block Sigfriedline Assault and at the same time enjoy Erlenberg Assault.

That's just bad game design.

I fully agree, the exclude map option is rather useless.

BravelyRanAway #20 Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25337 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postbarison1, on 23 May 2020 - 11:17 PM, said:

that 4 hour is a cooldown when you want some other map blocked instead, when having a map blocked you wont get the regular version of that map forever

it even says so on the announcement page "Finally, if you wish to block a different map, you will have to wait at least 4 hours to pass since you banned the previous one. "

You can't seriously expect people to understand what they read in black and white...when they can make up their own interpretation which can give them a royal rant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users