how are players making credits in this game

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

sumbodybelives #1 Posted 20 May 2020 - 11:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 24631 battles
I'm wondering how players are making credits in this game as I'm sure people are carrying a lot of gold ammo and are firing it at opponents from the start of the battle irrelevant of tier or type of tank. how can this be profitable for the majority of players even if your running a premium account and of course the higher the tier the harder it is to make a profit. 

Kingfish__ #2 Posted 20 May 2020 - 11:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8184 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Tiers 9 and particularly 10 are expensive (I think a bit too expensive). I'm enjoying the 430U but it keeps bankrupting me.

To make money a lot of money, save credit boosters and play Frontline with tier 8 premiums (don't use gold ammo or large consumables). You can make millions per hour. Also, have a look what campaign missions you can do, or easier ones that you can improve results in. Also worth checking you haven't got useless stuff you can sell in the depot. Also play lower tiers (around 5) more — you'll usually make credits each game at that level.

But after 25,000 games you know all this I'm sure. :) #preachingtothechoir

Edited by Kingfish__, 20 May 2020 - 11:34 AM.

Uh_Oh_ #3 Posted 20 May 2020 - 11:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3696 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I got a rental of the Skorpion G through twitch and that makes decent money. Even on a 0 score loss I get £25K which I think is around £15K profit and obv good rounds give loads more, think on average I get £50K a game with it not including repairs/ammo cost and use no premium ammo.

There was another thread on this just the other day if you look through first few forum pages.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 20 May 2020 - 11:37 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77299 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Even tho one tank hits you with 3 rounds. Don't mean every single one he fired at others that game was gold. As most of my tanks, even at tier 8 don't go in the red with a few rounds here and there non-premium. And even then I can still afford to go "all-out" a game or two here and there. As in firing every single gold round I have, be it 5 or 10... and still, make a profit at the end of the day, again non-premium. Unless ofc I do it every game. As then it will quickly drop to - a few 100K if I keep that up, as some terrible stock grinds have done in the past. Then you need a few games with credit boosters on a tier 8 premium to get that back again.

Edited by Balc0ra, 20 May 2020 - 11:38 AM.

Homer_J #5 Posted 20 May 2020 - 11:37 AM

Field Marshal

• 33872 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

With this.

You are welcome.

sumbodybelives #6 Posted 20 May 2020 - 11:42 AM

Private

• Player
  • 24631 battles

View PostKingfish__, on 20 May 2020 - 10:34 AM, said:

Tiers 9 and particularly 10 are expensive (I think a bit too expensive). I'm enjoying the 430U but it keeps bankrupting me.

To make money a lot of money, save credit boosters and play Frontline with tier 8 premiums (don't use gold ammo or large consumables). You can make millions per hour. Also, have a look what campaign missions you can do, or easier ones that you can improve results in. Also worth checking you haven't got useless stuff you can sell in the depot. Also play lower tiers (around 5) more — you'll usually make credits each game at that level.

But after 25,000 games you know all this I'm sure. :) #preachingtothechoir

this post isn't so much as a i cry for help more a want of understanding, like when I'm playing the leopard pta and the first hit i take is gold ammo. as someone who doesn't carry a lot of or use very much gold ammo I want to know why is that person is using gold ammo on a lightly amoured tank at the start of a game. Is it that they carry more gold than regular ammo or that they had already fired at a different person and hadnt changed back 

vilken_banana #7 Posted 20 May 2020 - 11:53 AM

Private

• Player
  • 37857 battles
Do some spotting. You don't get hit or have to shoot at all. That saves repair an ammo costs. If you do 2k spotting dmg and 2k dmg by shooting you should be fine atleast tier9. Play also tanks which doesn't need gold ammo, like PTA, stdB, AMX30 and all light tanks. Frontline also starts in few days. You can make millions of credits playing that.  

Zapfhan #8 Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:00 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 24440 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View Postsumbodybelives, on 20 May 2020 - 10:25 AM, said:

I'm wondering how players are making credits in this game as I'm sure people are carrying a lot of gold ammo and are firing it at opponents from the start of the battle irrelevant of tier or type of tank. how can this be profitable for the majority of players even if your running a premium account and of course the higher the tier the harder it is to make a profit. 

One way to earn credits is obviously to buy and use a premium tank. 

But besides that you still have other options.

• Taking part in Frontline if you have ~3 tier VIII tanks that you like to play and have a solid record with
  • Tanks around tier VI and VII. On these tiers you usually have tanks that are fairly good but also cheap to maintain (repair cost, ammunition etc.) If you have one or two tanks that you really like and are comfortable playing, I'd say keep them and play them frequently to earn some credits. 
  • Tier VI and VIII stronghold. 

There in general certain types of players who use a lot of premium rounds.

• Guys who want to three mark these tanks and thus want to limit the times they couldn't deal damage
  • Those who grind a certain tank and want to compensate for a stock gun
  • On tanks that have double APCR they more or less do not have to trade off something. 

Using them in a spammy nature isn't really profitable (with maybe some exceptions). Usually those guys who spam premium rounds rely on modes like FL or Stronghold in combination with premium account to earn credits back. 

dan_dix #9 Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21551 battles

View PostUh_Oh_, on 20 May 2020 - 11:35 AM, said:

I got a rental of the Skorpion G through twitch and that makes decent money. Even on a 0 score loss I get £25K which I think is around £15K profit and obv good rounds give loads more, think on average I get £50K a game with it not including repairs/ammo cost and use no premium ammo.

Now, if you are making £15K profit per battle (£ as in GBP as in pounds as in real money) then I want to play the game you are playing, cause I'll quit my dayjob tomorrow... ah... you mean silver credits... not so exciting then :P

View Postsumbodybelives, on 20 May 2020 - 11:42 AM, said:

this post isn't so much as a i cry for help more a want of understanding, like when I'm playing the leopard pta and the first hit i take is gold ammo. as someone who doesn't carry a lot of or use very much gold ammo I want to know why is that person is using gold ammo on a lightly amoured tank at the start of a game. Is it that they carry more gold than regular ammo or that they had already fired at a different person and hadnt changed back 

Well, this is a valid tactic at the start of the game, load gold first because you don't know what you meet and usually the first shot is not too well aimed, increasing your chances to pen just increases chances to win. Sometimes, even at high tiers, using gold if you do well you can end up with a profit. A hit with gold can be more profitable than many misses with standard.

Mid-game it can also happen that people don't reload standards even on lightly armoured targets, because no time, forgetting, etc. And, again, a pen on a win can still be profitable even with gold.

Then there is also premium time, when using gold is just not a problem basically, many people have lots of premium time or play on premium most of the time

TankkiPoju #10 Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:17 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25871 battles

View Postsumbodybelives, on 20 May 2020 - 11:25 AM, said:

I play a lot of tanks with full premium ammo loadout, and lot of tanks with literally ZERO premium ammo.

It's because premium tanks like Skorpion G or Cent 5/1 or Progetto 46 or Obj252u don't really need premium ammo in my opinion, so I don't shoot any. So I make credits with those.

And shooting full premium ammo in IS-7 doesn't actually lose credits either, it's pretty much plus minus zero.

Sure if you shoot 100% premium with every tank, you lose credits.

Miepie #11 Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:26 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 6133 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I'm playing the leopard pta and the first hit i take is gold ammo. as someone who doesn't carry a lot of or use very much gold ammo I want to know why is that person is using gold ammo on a lightly amoured tank at the start of a game. 

For the very same reason that people put a layer of gold on their perfectly fine teeth: because chicks with large tattoos just above their butt like those displays of financial independence and reliability. If someone shoots your Leo PTA with gold, it is to signify they most definitely are a ladies man. Rawrrrrr! :medal:

Slyspy #12 Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15327 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Many people load a gold round first because they don't know what their first contact will be. It could be a PTA or a super heavy. Or because they were expecting to meet something heavy first. Or their regular rounds have low velocity. Or because they are not top tier. Or just because they can. On the plus side you in your PTA will get penned anyway, so you are costing them extra credits!

Miller1973 #13 Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14159 battles
I usually make a small profit playing tier 5 or 6 premiums even when firing mostly gold, plus selling reward consumables keeps me in the black.

Cobra6 #14 Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16624 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postsumbodybelives, on 20 May 2020 - 10:25 AM, said:

Premium accounts and premium tanks.

Over the years WG has made gold-ammo an ever more compulsory part of the gameplay experience by gradually increasing average armor thickness and in recent years the complete removal of viable frontal weakspots on most tanks.

It's having a rather detrimental effect on the overall quality of gameplay but that is unimportant as long as it brings in more money, directly or indirectly.

Cobra 6

Claus_KeIIerman #15 Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:16 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 27153 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

It may have been a Dinger shooting you

If that is the case, he has an obligation to do so.

_GrooziN_ #16 Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3616 battles
By winning games. You can afford to shoot gold more often if you end up on a winning team. Winning gives you more credits. 

ZlatanArKung #17 Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:08 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View Postsumbodybelives, on 20 May 2020 - 11:25 AM, said:

I make profit by not shooting premium ammo pretty much. Rarely use food on tank. And sometimes play premium tanks.

No premium account used.

OofBerry #18 Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22558 battles

Premium account, premium tanks, credit boosts.

Can make some profit at tier 10 with a premium account and enough gold ammo even without credit reserves. I only use credit reserves on tier 8 premiums (especially frontline) so I can maximize the most profitable games. 

wsatnutter #19 Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27425 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
pimp a KV1 and then watch the credits roll in

imendars #20 Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14339 battles

View Postsumbodybelives, on 20 May 2020 - 01:25 PM, said:

Tier 8 tanks that you are good with will also generate credits.

For example, one of my friends generates credits with UDES regular tank destroyer in random...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users