how? why?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

DiMtopia #1 Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16621 battles
  • [1ADRM] 1ADRM

every once in a while i see a player that totally baffles me and when i say that i mean a player that has rather good stats but acts like a bot or does something completely illogical.

for example today i saw 2 weird players.

1. leo pta. sat in a bush spinning his turret round and round. didn't fire a single shot. at first i thought he's a bot that's constantly spinning turret in search for targets or something. but no. when i pinged him and said "leo pta reported for bot" he responded with "report your mother" then proceeded to resume spinning his turret all the way until the end of the battle. what can i say? power move from him, that totally shut me up. i can't even remember if i reported him or not.

2. kranvagn. he wasn't particularly weird in the way he acted. i mean he went along with the meds to play hull down. fair enough. and i didn't think much of it until i died and switched around and watched the game from his perspective. i managed to see him fire 2 whole clips at enemies 1-200 meters away and not hitting anything. then i looked at post game stats and he had zero damage 23 shots fired zero hits. i don't mean zero pens. i mean zero hits, as in he didn't freaking hit any shot out of 23.

now, as i said both players had good stats 53/54% win rate and plenty of games, both being above 15k.

the first guy is quite mysterious, i'm thinking he either had a meltdown after a patch of horrible games, maybe figured out that battle was going to be another loss and simply flipped and started turning the turret in frustration.

of course it could be the good old fashioned scenario where little brother gets a hold of big brother's account and has no idea what to do.

as for the second one. there could be so many things here. maybe he had an eye exam and had ophthalmic atropine administered and now he can't see crap. or maybe he broke his dominant hand and is playing with the other. :D

Sinner_wrath #2 Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 33742 battles

first one was suffering from high ping.

second one was suffering from the most absurd RNG.

I am familiar with both

Edited by Sinner_wrath, 20 May 2020 - 02:34 PM.

mateyflip #3 Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41008 battles

Yesterday I had a weird/ moron  player, he pushed me off the hill on mines and harassed another player.

I reported him and PM ed the clan leader and executive officers of hes clan saying what had happened and that player was bringing a bad name to their clan.

I did get replies, and nice ones at that explaining that the players account got hacked.

The short of this is, those players might not have been the true account owners.

What what

Balc0ra #4 Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77209 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Could be several reasons, even good players get bad ping that locks them or makes their gun act all potato even at close range. Or they get a phone call and are not as good as playing with one hand as arty is, or the door rang and the kid took over. Or he got attacked by a bee and the turret motion you did see was him trying to wave it off. And considering all the rng topics... is 23 with zero hits so far fetched?

Point is, at times things occur that forces your hand to make even bots look good.

Nebuched #5 Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14753 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 20 May 2020 - 02:49 PM, said:

Could be several reasons, even good players get bad ping that locks them or makes their gun act all potato even at close range. Or they get a phone call and are not as good as playing with one hand as arty is, or the door rang and the kid took over. Or he got attacked by a bee and the turret motion you did see was him trying to wave it off. And considering all the rng topics... is 23 with zero hits so far fetched?

Point is, at times things occur that forces your hand to make even bots look good.

No but it brings up some serious concerns about RNG. Wouldnt play any other game that makes me miss all battle, and at some point I might stop with WOT too. 

Balc0ra #6 Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77209 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostNebuched, on 20 May 2020 - 02:55 PM, said:

No but it brings up some serious concerns about RNG. Wouldnt play any other game that makes me miss all battle, and at some point I might stop with WOT too. 

That is IF that was RNG alone. He could have had a dead gunner and no medkit for all we know on the targets 200m away on the misses, as it's not a sniper at long range either.

That said, we all had games were the gun was 100% potato one match. Be it a 0.43 gun or a 0.32. But mostly at mid to long-range when the target is only 1/4th of the sight. I've not missed 23 shots on 1 to 200m in anything on tier 8+ covering more or less all the sight. I've had games where half my Emil shots did nothing sure, but all of them? That is what I would call rather rare if it was RNG. So even if WG did make a system to prevent RNG from low balling him to often in a row etc. Who knows if it would have made a difference or not IF it did happen.

smokeytheband1t #7 Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10880 battles

I meet plenty of weird people on a daily basis..

most common for me atm is,

people going full tilt because i drive a EBR at the start of a game and trying to wall me in..

people going full tilt when i ask for help/fire support on targets because i drive EBR and telling me to stfu and i should just die.

people reporting me  at the start of the game for driving a EBR in the first place.

Edited by smokeytheband1t, 20 May 2020 - 05:22 PM.

Corrupted_Pling #8 Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55796 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

four letter word.

Beings with E

Ends with Y

qpranger #9 Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View Postmateyflip, on 20 May 2020 - 04:45 PM, said:

Yesterday I had a weird/ moron  player, he pushed me off the hill on mines and harassed another player.

I reported him and PM ed the clan leader and executive officers of hes clan saying what had happened and that player was bringing a bad name to their clan.

I did get replies, and nice ones at that explaining that the players account got hacked.

Yeah, right.

Enherjaren #10 Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 75844 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View Postmateyflip, on 20 May 2020 - 02:45 PM, said:

The short of this is, those players might not have been the true account owners.

What what

Yeah there lot's of hacked accounts out there. Lately they have started spamming phishing/scam messages as well.

16:41 Added after 1 minute

View Postqpranger, on 20 May 2020 - 05:40 PM, said:

Yeah, right.

Yeah actually!
A lot of my clanmates have gotten scam messages from clearly hacked accounts.

Robbie_T #11 Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22512 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostDiMtopia, on 20 May 2020 - 02:08 PM, said:

every once in a while i see a player that totally baffles me and when i say that i mean a player that has rather good stats but acts like a bot or does something completely illogical.

for example today i saw 2 weird players.

1. leo pta. sat in a bush spinning his turret round and round. didn't fire a single shot. at first i thought he's a bot that's constantly spinning turret in search for targets or something. but no. when i pinged him and said "leo pta reported for bot" he responded with "report your mother" then proceeded to resume spinning his turret all the way until the end of the battle. what can i say? power move from him, that totally shut me up. i can't even remember if i reported him or not.

2. kranvagn. he wasn't particularly weird in the way he acted. i mean he went along with the meds to play hull down. fair enough. and i didn't think much of it until i died and switched around and watched the game from his perspective. i managed to see him fire 2 whole clips at enemies 1-200 meters away and not hitting anything. then i looked at post game stats and he had zero damage 23 shots fired zero hits. i don't mean zero pens. i mean zero hits, as in he didn't freaking hit any shot out of 23.

now, as i said both players had good stats 53/54% win rate and plenty of games, both being above 15k.

the first guy is quite mysterious, i'm thinking he either had a meltdown after a patch of horrible games, maybe figured out that battle was going to be another loss and simply flipped and started turning the turret in frustration.

of course it could be the good old fashioned scenario where little brother gets a hold of big brother's account and has no idea what to do.

as for the second one. there could be so many things here. maybe he had an eye exam and had ophthalmic atropine administered and now he can't see crap. or maybe he broke his dominant hand and is playing with the other. :D

Seen those type of guys before having high winrate but playing like a tomatoe.

Cant say what it is because forum moderators wil QQ again.

But think a guy playing like a tomatoe (or even worse) and have 55% winrate...it aint mods its  E...    !

Biggest muppet i ever saw was a Amx50100 (that french heavy tank with a clip)

Didnt even play the game only thing he did was driving over tree's.

Private_Miros #12 Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28768 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostRobbie_T, on 20 May 2020 - 04:46 PM, said:

Seen those type of guys before having high winrate but playing like a tomatoe.

Cant say what it is because forum moderators wil QQ again.

But think a guy playing like a tomatoe (or even worse) and have 55% winrate...it aint mods its  E...    !

Biggest muppet i ever saw was a Amx50100 (that french heavy tank with a clip)

Didnt even play the game only thing he did was driving over tree's.

1. If you're not a good player, most what good players do will seem strange to you, because if it wouldn't, you would be doing the same things and be good yourself.

2. Good players get great stats while still being horrible in 1/4 to 1/3 of the battle they play, because of over-aggression, bad choices or plain bad luck. (Horrible is relative here. There are people that have global stats almost as bad as me only looking at the battles I did horrible - a full 310 out of my last 975, where if only looking at those I get 795 WN8 - though still 50% win rate.)

malachi6 #13 Posted 20 May 2020 - 06:17 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51526 battles
The trouble with speculation is it is just speculation.  You could try communicating with people and asking them if their ping is okay or if they are having other issues.  Data is the key to understanding.  Guessing is a waste of time.

Scanmen #14 Posted 20 May 2020 - 06:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27661 battles
  • [WNB] WNB

View PostBalc0ra, on 20 May 2020 - 02:49 PM, said:

Or he got attacked by a bee and the turret motion you did see was him trying to wave it off. 

:D :D :D

NekoPuffer_PPP #15 Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:34 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36600 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

The other day I met a guy who just would not cap no matter what.

I was left to cap alone and got reset at 95%, while this guy stood right next to the base, the whole time.

We almost lost but by some miracle we managed to pull out a win in the end.

He got destroyed in the middle of his "wasted damage" hunting.

I was screaming at him in chat, SCREAMING! CAP! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, JUST CAP!

I have to say I'm happy he got killed doing what he thought was best. Poor fool.

evilchaosmonkey #16 Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18891 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

View PostDiMtopia, on 20 May 2020 - 01:08 PM, said:

I like how you've tried to find a reasonable humane excuse. 

Being drunk in lock down is possibly nearer the mark and a zone I am wishing I could enter 24/7.....bliss.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users