Jump to content


Best Medium NON-Premium tank?


  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

catalinbogdy #1 Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:08 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1778 battles
  • 4
  • [NV_RO] NV_RO
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013
I've played heavies and td's on this account, but i really wanna try some medium tanks. Any suggestions? I would like to grind in tier 6-8 or sum. 

Edited by catalinbogdy, 20 May 2020 - 04:49 PM.


Miepie #2 Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:16 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 6130 battles
  • 2,178
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-19-2018

View Postcatalinbogdy, on 20 May 2020 - 04:08 PM, said:

I've played heavies and td's on this account, but i really wanna try some medium tanks. Any suggestions? I would like to grind in tier 6-8 or sum. 

T-34-85 is nice, T-44 in the same line as well... Cromwell... Skoda T25 is nice too...



dan_dix #3 Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:18 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21419 battles
  • 351
  • Member since:
    01-09-2016

Define "best".

 

Otherwise many many contestants in that range

T-44

Pantera

Udes 14

Leo

T-20

T-35-85M

Skoda T25

Cromwell

 

But overall, IS-3 beats them all...:P



Search_Warrant #4 Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:18 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 28951 battles
  • 6,529
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011
The rasha 6-8 are some of the better all rounders. i honestly liked the italian ones. the tier 6-7 have good DPM and alpha for the tier. armors not reliable but it can bully to a degree and tier 8 is the autoreloader.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:24 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 77209 battles
  • 23,262
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

That depends on your style. Do you want some of the HT aggressiveness? Or the TD support style. Or did you like assault TDs?

 

You have the likes of the Cromwell and Skoda T25 that are flankers and bullies. High ROF or a fast clip gun, decent mobility and good camo. Then you have the Sherman Jumbo, with more effective armor than most HTs, strong stock turret and a derp gun. Great to push fronts with as top tier. Or the Swedish med. Great gun handling, but a pure support med, or 2nd line sniper vs flanker or brawler. 

 

Tier 7 you have the Comet that can use the turret on the ridgeline to bounce a few while using his ROF. Or the agility and gun depression of the Swedish Leo with a high alpha combo for some ridgeline bullying. Tier 8 have the Pantera with the flexible clip gun that's rather amazing, or the T-44 that's a solid all rounder, or the Swedish Udes that is almost like the Udes TD with a turret... So again, it depends on your style I guess. 


Edited by Balc0ra, 20 May 2020 - 04:25 PM.


catalinbogdy #6 Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:47 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1778 battles
  • 4
  • [NV_RO] NV_RO
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013

View PostBalc0ra, on 20 May 2020 - 03:24 PM, said:

That depends on your style. Do you want some of the HT aggressiveness? Or the TD support style. Or did you like assault TDs?

 

You have the likes of the Cromwell and Skoda T25 that are flankers and bullies. High ROF or a fast clip gun, decent mobility and good camo. Then you have the Sherman Jumbo, with more effective armor than most HTs, strong stock turret and a derp gun. Great to push fronts with as top tier. Or the Swedish med. Great gun handling, but a pure support med, or 2nd line sniper vs flanker or brawler. 

 

Tier 7 you have the Comet that can use the turret on the ridgeline to bounce a few while using his ROF. Or the agility and gun depression of the Swedish Leo with a high alpha combo for some ridgeline bullying. Tier 8 have the Pantera with the flexible clip gun that's rather amazing, or the T-44 that's a solid all rounder, or the Swedish Udes that is almost like the Udes TD with a turret... So again, it depends on your style I guess. 

I was thinking about swedish line or the italian, but without a premium account it's painful at tier v with P.43. I never tried swedish tho



BattleMetalChris #7 Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:50 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 10481 battles
  • 7,917
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011
Italian line is great on the way up to tier 6 as well so it'll be fun as you grind to where you want. I didn't like the Tier 3, but the Tier 4 and 5 are a joy to play (the P26 was a keeper and is now my sealclubber of choice).

Mimos_A #8 Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:58 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 31724 battles
  • 2,541
  • [SPESH] SPESH
  • Member since:
    05-30-2015

Depends on the tier you're looking for and what you want.


Imho at tier 9 there's a lot of meds in a really good place right now, the AMX30, leopard pta, UDES 16, skoda t50 and Standard B are all very nice tanks with their own specialties. At tier 8 the t-44 and pantera are good.

 

All in all I'd say the Leopard pta and standard b have the least annoying grinds. There's very few real stinkers to endure getting there.



Balc0ra #9 Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:00 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 77209 battles
  • 23,262
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postcatalinbogdy, on 20 May 2020 - 04:47 PM, said:

I was thinking about swedish line or the italian, but without a premium account it's painful at tier v with P.43. I never tried swedish tho

 

How so? Just take the middle gun with high HE pen, and just bully high tier lights and paper TD's and side of weak mediums. It's not a bad little tier 5 medium.



catalinbogdy #10 Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:00 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1778 battles
  • 4
  • [NV_RO] NV_RO
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013

View PostMimos_A, on 20 May 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

Depends on the tier you're looking for and what you want.


Imho at tier 9 there's a lot of meds in a really good place right now, the AMX30, leopard pta, UDES 16, skoda t50 and Standard B are all very nice tanks with their own specialties. At tier 8 the t-44 and pantera are good.

 

All in all I'd say the Leopard pta and standard b have the least annoying grinds. There's very few real stinkers to endure getting there.

And at tier 7? 



Mimos_A #11 Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:09 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 31724 battles
  • 2,541
  • [SPESH] SPESH
  • Member since:
    05-30-2015

View Postcatalinbogdy, on 20 May 2020 - 05:00 PM, said:

And at tier 7? 

 

For me there's not really any med that stands out at tier 7 atm. The Comet used to be a lot of fun, but IMHO isn't really worth it in 2020 anymore. The lack of pen, gun handling and the fact that it entirely relies on DPM with the low alpha make it very hard to be effective in a lot of games. T-43 is fine, but unremarkable. Same goes for the kv-13. I hate the t-34/100 and t20 with their absolutely horrendous gun handling. The german med (vkwhateverthehell) isn't any better than the tier 6 before it. The Leo can be fun at times and actually has a nice thing going on with regards to choosing the gun you use on it.



Slyspy #12 Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 15301 battles
  • 17,956
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011
T-34-85 is my favourite. I've also enjoyed most of the Italian line up to the Pantera, although it is a shame that the tier six and seven are essentially the same tank (much like the t-34-85 and T43 in fact).

DaniulSims #13 Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:27 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11471 battles
  • 856
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K
  • Member since:
    03-29-2014
The Italians and Swedes are gorgeous to play throughout, with the tier IV and V Italians being more akin to heavies than mediums tho, and the Swedes having keepers at both tier VI and VII (as long as you use the 105mm gun on the Leo, which is the correct choice), and high tier for both lines are very competitive, with the tier IX Swede being a bit less so.

Edited by DaniulSims, 20 May 2020 - 05:27 PM.


vonadnan #14 Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:31 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30985 battles
  • 253
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012
Obj 430U 

Spurtung #15 Posted 20 May 2020 - 08:52 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 80615 battles
  • 8,132
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013
Nice poll.

Gixxer66 #16 Posted 20 May 2020 - 09:07 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20440 battles
  • 875
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    01-11-2013

View PostMimos_A, on 20 May 2020 - 04:09 PM, said:

 

For me there's not really any med that stands out at tier 7 atm. The Comet used to be a lot of fun, but IMHO isn't really worth it in 2020 anymore. The lack of pen, gun handling and the fact that it entirely relies on DPM with the low alpha make it very hard to be effective in a lot of games. T-43 is fine, but unremarkable. Same goes for the kv-13. I hate the t-34/100 and t20 with their absolutely horrendous gun handling. The german med (vkwhateverthehell) isn't any better than the tier 6 before it. The Leo can be fun at times and actually has a nice thing going on with regards to choosing the gun you use on it.

 

I like tier 7 Mediums, picking the T-43 over the T20 are you mad bro? T20 is a fine tank, 240 Alpha - Full View range +, decent camo and mobility, and when needed 243pen APCR.

 

The T-34-1 is much better tier for tier than the Tier 8, again 240 Alpha, great turret, aim time longer than the Bismark is it's downside.

 

If you can make the 107mm work the A44 can be fun, very different play style to everything else, Panther can be good / effective with it's pew pewstyle, same with the Comet. The other T7 German med, VK3002 is nice in it's top config, fantastic mobility / agility - poor pen 220 Alpha are it's downsides imo. Everything mentioned I have as keepers except the Panther ( have the M10 Panther instead ) and T-43 which I think is trash



JocMeister #17 Posted 20 May 2020 - 09:36 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 29020 battles
  • 2,810
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015
As many already said T34-85, T-43 and T-44 are great tanks all of them. Very good line to start playing MTs. 

TungstenHitman #18 Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:30 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 33462 battles
  • 6,828
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

T6. T-34-85, Strv 74

 

T7. meh....

 

T8. Pantera with a side order of Udes 14

 

That's about it really. There's other "ok" meds in there don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't go recommending them as "wow!" there decent grind through's but nothing much I would say was tier for tier as strong as the above. There used to be the VK(P) at tier6 which was also a pretty stronk med(with a good crew) but that's a stupid pointless boring and weak heavy tank now so... ya, just the above at least for me anyway. 



vp56 #19 Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:04 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 3424 battles
  • 191
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    01-10-2013

TVP VTU, for obvious reasons. People underestimating it, in case you were thinking about someone that suggested a TVP in the hands of a superior player would beat a 'newbie' Defender.

 

Anyway, T-44 or Pantera, and "go play heavies instead". Aside from superheavies, you may find your tanks is plenty fast enough to reach critical positions and even function as an 'ersatz' medium in unfavourable matchmaking (rather important up to and including T8). If you're bottom tier, why would you not be in an IS-3 rather than a mediocre/non-premum medium tank?



JocMeister #20 Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:29 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 29020 battles
  • 2,810
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015

Amazed to see people recommending the Pantera. For some reason I cant get that piece of garbage to work. I find it absolute horrible. Pure support, extremely team and map dependent, gun is garbage and you will miss about half your shots.

 

I hate that tank with a passion.  






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users