Tier 10 credit earnings.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Babyna #1 Posted 20 May 2020 - 09:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8004 battles

Hi.

I'm just wondering, is this normal that fighting in tier 10 tank, being in top 5 by exp earned, winning the battle, not shooting a single premium shell i always loose about 20k credits. If my team gets defeated and i die i reap up as much as -50k credits a battle. Like WTF? Is this normal? tier 9 i was able to break even on lost battles, but tier 10 is insane.. if i have to play 2 battles in tier 8 premium tank just so i can roll out 1 battle in my tier 10, then this is really screwed up.. whats the point grinding all the way to tier 10 then if you cant even play those tanks?

Edited by Babyna, 20 May 2020 - 09:39 PM.

JocMeister #2 Posted 20 May 2020 - 09:41 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28902 battles

View PostBabyna, on 20 May 2020 - 09:38 PM, said:

Hi.

I'm just wondering, is this normal that fighting in tier 10 tank, being in top 5 by exp earned, winning the battle, not shooting a single premium shell i always loose about 20k credits. If my team gets defeated and i die i reap up as much as -50k credits a battle. Like WTF? Is this normal? tier 9 i was able to break even on lost battles, but tier 10 is insane.. if i have to play 2 battles in tier 8 premium tank just so i can roll out 1 battle in my tier 10, then this is really screwed up.. whats the point grinding all the way to tier 10 then if you cant even play those tanks?

Unless you are a very good player you won´t make credits playing tier 10. Its by design. 

NekoPuffer_PPP #3 Posted 20 May 2020 - 09:49 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36491 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostBabyna, on 20 May 2020 - 09:38 PM, said:

whats the point grinding all the way to tier 10 then if you cant even play those tanks?

See, that's the thing...if you're good enough, you'll make a small profit. If you're not good, you'll get chewed up and spat out into a lower tier, where you can actually make a profit.

It's designed that way to try and keep bad players out of higher tiers, to encourage them to get better.

24doom24 #4 Posted 20 May 2020 - 09:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9466 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
It's so that you buy tier 8s and premium time to grind credits to fund tier 10s.

Edited by 24doom24, 20 May 2020 - 09:56 PM.

Babyna #5 Posted 20 May 2020 - 09:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8004 battles

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 20 May 2020 - 09:49 PM, said:

See, that's the thing...if you're good enough, you'll make a small profit. If you're not good, you'll get chewed up and spat out into a lower tier, where you can actually make a profit.

It's designed that way to try and keep bad players out of higher tiers, to encourage them to get better.

But it doesnt make sense.. If top 5 isnt good enough in a victory.. lets say top 3 can break even in a victory credit wise. You can have a team of 15 best players ever, 12 of them will be top 4-15 at the end of the battle loosing massive credits.. 

Im not talking about making credits in tier 10, or shooting premium ammo and not loosing credits.. But like cmon.. you deal 3k+ dmg in a medium, you win, you survive, you never shoot a single premium and you cant even resupply ammo and repair half a tank in what you make after the victory? thats just bad...

Edited by Babyna, 20 May 2020 - 10:01 PM.

Spurtung #6 Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:28 PM

General

• Player
  • 80495 battles

View PostBabyna, on 20 May 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

But it doesnt make sense.. If top 5 isnt good enough in a victory.. lets say top 3 can break even in a victory credit wise. You can have a team of 15 best players ever, 12 of them will be top 4-15 at the end of the battle loosing massive credits.. 

Im not talking about making credits in tier 10, or shooting premium ammo and not loosing credits.. But like cmon.. you deal 3k+ dmg in a medium, you win, you survive, you never shoot a single premium and you cant even resupply ammo and repair half a tank in what you make after the victory? thats just bad...

Right.

What consumables did you have?

Balc0ra #7 Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77182 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostBabyna, on 20 May 2020 - 09:59 PM, said:

Again, it's by design. If you would make a profit doing 3K damage in a tier X. Why buy a tier 8 premium? Why play mid-tiers for income as a f2p player? So with that in mind, it's done for several reasons, inc spreading the population. As tier X is not the end game area. So WG doesn't want 90% of the server population to play there, as that's where the income is.

As you need to get past 6K to have a chance of a good profit in a tier X game. That and not drive a HT. As repair costs on those are not cheap. And also connect every round. As a round that does nothing are credits out the window.

View PostSpurtung, on 20 May 2020 - 10:28 PM, said:

Right.

What consumables did you have?

And that. If you run food etc you resupply, you won't make a profit non-premium on most tiers.

Babyna #8 Posted 20 May 2020 - 11:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8004 battles
i didnt mention consumables at all, as i only use small med kit and small repair that i have bought tons of when they do 50% discounts on them. so no consumables adds to my expenses.. its just general half a tank repair 25k, ammo resupply 50k and all this totals into a loss. thx for the replies, appreciated.. Guess WG can chew on their carrot then as i wont be researching no more tier 9s or 10s.. End game is tier 8 lol

vp56 #9 Posted 20 May 2020 - 11:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3424 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 20 May 2020 - 08:49 PM, said:

(...)

While that is arguably a consequence of the system, do you in fact believe that is how the system is designed to work?

Pretty sure the intention is to have a 'soft' paywall to keep non-paying players out of playing only "top tier" tanks. It's not like you have to be great at the game to make a profit, if you throw some money at it.

EdvinE20 #10 Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Community Contributor
  • 42332 battles
  • [-AEG-] -AEG-
You are not supposed to make credits at tier 10.

LepiSale #11 Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:25 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 55770 battles

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 20 May 2020 - 09:49 PM, said:

Unfortunately, this design has miserably failed.

NekoPuffer_PPP #12 Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:47 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 36491 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Postvp56, on 20 May 2020 - 11:27 PM, said:

While that is arguably a consequence of the system, do you in fact believe that is how the system is designed to work?

Pretty sure the intention is to have a 'soft' paywall to keep non-paying players out of playing only "top tier" tanks. It's not like you have to be great at the game to make a profit, if you throw some money at it.

Well for a free-to-play player, that's how it is.

Paying customers don't need to be good. They just need to pay... It's kind of a mess.

Babyna #13 Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:53 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8004 battles

View Postvp56, on 20 May 2020 - 11:27 PM, said:

What do you classify as a "non-paying players"? I personally have WOT premium purchased, sometimes i buy small amounts of gold when  needed to swap equip or retrain crew. I would defo class myself as a paying customer. yes, i dont splash the cash buying gold non stop, converting it to credits to load my tank full or premium rounds and roll into battle. Some ppl do that, i get it.. paying 5 quid a battle is not for me, but i do not play as f2p either. And if subbed, premium player is not good enough for WG to give full unrestricted access to the game content without having to grind credits in tanks you dont want to play to be able to play the ones you want, then the other questions raises whether its even worth being subbed to such game... 

Edited by Babyna, 21 May 2020 - 12:54 AM.

Hedgehog1963 #14 Posted 21 May 2020 - 01:31 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 57495 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

Edited by Hedgehog1963, 21 May 2020 - 01:31 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #15 Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:38 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 36960 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostBabyna, on 21 May 2020 - 12:53 AM, said:

And if subbed, premium player is not good enough for WG to give full unrestricted access to the game content without having to grind credits in tanks you dont want to play to be able to play the ones you want, then the other questions raises whether its even worth being subbed to such game... 

You aren't being denied any content whether you pay or not and paying doesn't make you special either.

If everyone could play tier 10 and make a profit then why would you play any of the lower tiers? If nobody plays the lower tiers how do new players find games? What do you do when you want to work up a new line?

It's designed the way it is to help keep all tiers populated which is good for the health of the game and as a gentle nudge to those that might want to contribute to the cost of running the servers which is again good for the health of the game. 

This is how it is and you've got two options. Either play a premium tank now and again which should give you more than enough credits for a few tier 10 games or 'git gud' and start pulling some regular 5k+ damage games.

shikaka9 #16 Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:50 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 78302 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
Victories in big tiers worth less ...  worthless :trollface:

JocMeister #17 Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:54 AM

Major

• Player
  • 28902 battles

View PostBabyna, on 20 May 2020 - 09:59 PM, said:

Credit earnings have nothing to do with the position on the team you end up on and 3k damage in a TX tank isn´t a spectacular result in the first place...

If everyone earned credits playing TX why have the other 9 tiers in the game? I really can´t understand your obsession with tier 10 in the first place. Its basically the worst tier in the game to play.

4ztec #18 Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:37 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 666 battles
  • [B33R] B33R

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 20 May 2020 - 08:49 PM, said:

LOL! I hope that was sarcasm.

As if WG gives a damn about encouraging players to get better. 

They just want to sell premium tanks, fort knox packages, premium account and credit boosters to you to keep playing tier 10.

Nishi_Kinuyo #19 Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:20 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10845 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Yeah, that's normal...

Back in January I had 5.9k damage battle in my STB-1, 17 out of 27 shells penned my target, and I ended up with only around 8k credits profit if I had a standard account.

View Post4ztec, on 21 May 2020 - 07:37 AM, said:

LOL! I hope that was sarcasm.

As if WG gives a damn about encouraging players to get better. 

They just want to sell premium tanks, fort knox packages, premium account and credit boosters to you to keep playing tier 10.

No, they want people to play lower tiers.

The premiums, fort knox, etc. just mean you need to play less battles at lower tiers in order to play battles at tier 9-10.

Babyna #20 Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8004 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 21 May 2020 - 06:38 AM, said:

If everyone could play tier 10 and make a profit then why would you play any of the lower tiers? If nobody plays the lower tiers how do new players find games? What do you do when you want to work up a new line?

I get what you are saying, but you answered your own question yourself (highlighted in red).

If i cant afford playing tier 10 i grinded for, i go back playing tier 8. New players dont start at tier 8 unless they buy premium tank.. For the very same reason new players would have who to play with too, as old players would develop a new line. So i dont believe limiting players in tier 10 games has anything to do with the pop in low tiers. As low tiers would always have ppl playing due to simply combining new players and others researching new lines. Also kicking players from tier 10 only makes them go back to play tier 8, thats no where near "low tier" scale, so all this argument is really irrelevant in my opinion. 

But either way, thank you all for the replies, i think i will just have to readjust the way i play and look for some tier 8 tank i would prefer playing as "end game" without even buying no more t9 or t10 tanks ever again (as whats the point) lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users