• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Jumping_Turtle #21 Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:44 PM

General

• Player
  • 74439 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostVsUK, on 21 May 2020 - 12:56 AM, said:

Missions are designed in a way to encourage people to spend money. I've been trying to track 3 diff tanks in 1 battle all day & this game just wont let it happen, even when its point blank.

Play arty. it is the most easiest mission of them all.

StinkyStonky #22 Posted 21 May 2020 - 01:08 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38355 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 20 May 2020 - 11:11 PM, said:

This is of course perfect for light tanks YOLOing other lights, dealing some damage or even killing them...which will set you up in the top 10 most of the time.

I've been playing like said YOLOmuppet because the mission is incredibly grindy...you only get tokens every 10th match.

It just seems bad...

Of course you could argue the negatively affected gameplay is entirely the players' fault for playing like this, and you'd be right, but I've got other things to do, too. So, YOLO-mode it is.

I'd disagree that your "YOLO muppet" approach is bad.  In general if you get into the top 10 then you are doing better than 1/3rd.

In your specific case it hasn't affected your win rate.  Your 7 days is the same as 30 days and both significantly better than your whole account average - both much higher than player base average.

So your implication that the YOLOmuppeting is bad for your team is just wrong.  You may not enjoy it, but if it's fast, don't worry about it affecting others because it isn't.

Personally the light tank Yolo doesn't work for me.  It often results in bottom 5.

So what I do is play the tier 9s I'm grinding and the 10s that I enjoy or that take my fancy.

This is clearly the hardest Tank Rewards so far but it's still much easier than the T8 marathons - for people who play every day.

Every day gets you 2500pts

Playing 15-20 battles will get you 10 in the top 10 for 10 or 20 points - do that 2 or 3 times a week and that'll get you 100-200 points.

Grind 30 tier 9/10s on a weekend session - 90 points.

It's not so hard.  I'm currently on 2010 points and I haven't played yet today.

jabster #23 Posted 21 May 2020 - 02:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12836 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 20 May 2020 - 11:11 PM, said:

The requirement for progressing through the missions for tokens is simple - finish in the top 10 by xp, win or lose.

If you want to get one of the tanks from the final stage, you need 120 tokens per day. This means mandatory 10 battles, or even 20 if you miss some days.

This is of course perfect for light tanks YOLOing other lights, dealing some damage or even killing them...which will set you up in the top 10 most of the time.

I've been playing like said YOLOmuppet because the mission is incredibly grindy...you only get tokens every 10th match.

It's annoying, and my team often hates me. But I don't blame myself, or them.

I don't believe I'm the only one doing this, either. So, imagine what the matches are like because of this. Just imagine.

Poorly designed, exploitable missions...negatively affecting gameplay... Why can't the requirement have been something like; 2000 damage dealt, assisted and blocked in total? Or 3 kills?

It just seems bad...

Of course you could argue the negatively affected gameplay is entirely the players' fault for playing like this, and you'd be right, but I've got other things to do, too. So, YOLO-mode it is.

So to sum it up, you act like a bit of an arse but heh you got other things to do. Probably other ways of being more of an arse.

Search_Warrant #24 Posted 21 May 2020 - 02:15 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 28948 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF

Or just play like me and not care, just enjoy the game. why play if you dont enjoy it?

I dont even try do normal missions and i managed to get the T55A just playing.

SoupFork #25 Posted 21 May 2020 - 02:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17293 battles

WindSplitter1 #26 Posted 21 May 2020 - 03:52 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21337 battles
  • [WINDY] WINDY

View PostVsUK, on 20 May 2020 - 11:56 PM, said:

Missions are designed in a way to encourage people to spend money. I've been trying to track 3 diff tanks in 1 battle all day & this game just wont let it happen, even when its point blank.

Artillery would get that done in your first battle.

Unless, of course, you dislike the said class or there is a restriction on the mission.

Sadly I have no SPGs myself. Selling the M55 for credits was a terrible mistake.

Nebuched #27 Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14750 battles

View PostSoupFork, on 21 May 2020 - 10:24 AM, said:

yup. No need to yolo. Decided this would be a good time to combine Tank Rewards with doing the T-55 SPG missions in the M53/55. Pot of coffee, packet of cookies, headphones with some chill music instead of game sound.  

Click. Sip. Munch.

Click. Sip. Munch.

Click. Sip. Munch. Pee.

Click. Sip. Munch.

did that a few leisurely afternoons and I’ve done them all except the “honors” bit on SP:15.

Only need to do my daily single battle now to get the tier V reward. No stress, no fuss.

Your WoT life gets so much more relaxed if you simply stop hating Arty.

You are a thinking man. My current is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKuqzR-iMas

Edited by Nebuched, 21 May 2020 - 06:41 PM.

drakkanax #28 Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16715 battles
Instead of playing like a potato, just play at tier 3 in some premium tank to train some new crew or something. Battles are fast and more or less naturally yolo-ish. Seal clubbing is a natural sport in this game.

DiSaBor #29 Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22590 battles

Just ignore the mission.

They come or they wont, doesn't matter.

Not like the final rewards were something exciting.

Pansenmann #30 Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38066 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I checked whether it is possible for me to get the tankrewards if I don't play fri-sat

and came to the conclusion that I should not tryhard it.

without the 500 points bonus missions like the ones we had in april
those tankrewards things require too many battles for me.

so I am content that I might make it to stage III

Edited by Pansenmann, 22 May 2020 - 05:42 PM.

mikem70 #31 Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19984 battles
I managed to get the AT15a today just from playing my normal (some would say sub-normal) playstyle. Mostly playing my conq, T30, T95, obj 705 and obj 430, not a yoloer among them.

Nexuo #32 Posted 22 May 2020 - 09:44 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22039 battles
  • [DPG3] DPG3

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 21 May 2020 - 12:11 AM, said:

The requirement for progressing through the missions for tokens is simple - finish in the top 10 by xp, win or lose.

If you want to get one of the tanks from the final stage, you need 120 tokens per day. This means mandatory 10 battles, or even 20 if you miss some days.

I don't believe I'm the only one doing this, either. So, imagine what the matches are like because of this. Just imagine.

Poorly designed, exploitable missions...negatively affecting gameplay... Why can't the requirement have been something like; 2000 damage dealt, assisted and blocked in total? Or 3 kills?

It just seems bad...

So you blame the mission rules that allows you to justify playing like a fool in the game. Interesting concept.

NekoPuffer_PPP #33 Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:03 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36536 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostNexuo, on 22 May 2020 - 09:44 PM, said:

So you blame the mission rules that allows you to justify playing like a fool in the game. Interesting concept.

Exactly.

The missions shouldn't allow someone to play like a fool and still complete them. Especially if they're this grindy.

Pansenmann #34 Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:32 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38066 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNexuo, on 22 May 2020 - 09:44 PM, said:

your avatar picture somehow reminds me of the Ghost in the Shell - SAC series. :great:

Edited by Pansenmann, 23 May 2020 - 08:32 AM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #35 Posted 23 May 2020 - 11:57 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10857 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostVsUK, on 21 May 2020 - 12:56 AM, said:

Try a better aimbot?

As for me, I think I managed it a few days ago while playing my Type 4 Heavy...

As for the tankrewards thing, I guess you could yolo with lowtiers... tier 2s are fine for it after all...

szgege79 #36 Posted 25 May 2020 - 10:24 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 42328 battles
The mission main use is to force people to play. When you want to play fine, you will be angry in the first 3-4 battles. The game is unplayable, WG knows this, that is why this missions are there....  The game is leading the community to play like noobs or no thinking needed.  Now you have to look on your teammates, some of them won't use small repair kit or large. The "player" plays a td with damaged aimer.... Last time I had players, who wont use minimap, but now that could go more stupid....

Edited by szgege79, 25 May 2020 - 10:27 AM.

13_BlackCat #37 Posted 25 May 2020 - 11:09 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2809 battles

Edited by 13_BlackCat, 25 May 2020 - 12:13 PM.

RSA_TriHard_7 #38 Posted 25 May 2020 - 11:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52957 battles
  • [FARMS] FARMS
Got the Tog last month and my life is complete.:trollface:

13_BlackCat #39 Posted 25 May 2020 - 11:24 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2809 battles

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 21 May 2020 - 12:11 AM, said:

It just seems bad...

I see what you mean and understand your point of view.

Although I'm a new player, I had friends that played this game before I started,  and from watching them I have noticed some differences in game play ...

The missions have changed peoples mentality in the game, there used to be a bit more strategy, patience and defensive playing.

Now I've noticed that most players are more aggressive, more eager to do an offensive game play style.

This has changed my game play style also, when I first started playing, before the missions, I had a more defensive and cautious style,

later on, I became more eager and motivated to attack, starting this behavior just at the beginning of each battle.

This is good and bad, I learned to play more aggressively but at the same time not to care much about strategy and my teammates,

because everybody is rushing to get those HP,  Kills, Spotting Damage etc etc ...

I've had players jumping in front of me on purpose trying to block my shot so they can get the HP, pushing me out of the way so they can get the kill, even off a cliff,

I have raced with teammates to get the kill from a low HP vehicle and the worst, players not letting you back up after a shot to take cover, so they can have less competition ...

In a few cases some of these events happened by accident, but in most cases they didn't.

I also think that many people don't care about winning the battle, just getting the Kills, the HP or anything else required to complete a mission.

Fighting against the enemy team I understand but fighting against your allies, something is going wrong here.

I know WOT is a competitive game, even among teammates, but I feel like it's gone up to a new level the past few months ...

Nexuo #40 Posted 25 May 2020 - 08:59 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22039 battles
  • [DPG3] DPG3

View PostPansenmann, on 23 May 2020 - 08:32 AM, said:

your avatar picture somehow reminds me of the Ghost in the Shell - SAC series. :great:

Yes it is! <3 the autonomous Tachikoma tank with personalities.

Also tagged with Tankrewards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users