6th Sense ... not always working as intended ?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

OllieCromwell #1 Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48822 battles
  • [GENB] GENB

Hi all,

Just a question for you all .. .Lately I've got the impression that my 6th sense doesn't always work as intended ... On a few occasions I suddenly get hammered by shots from 3 or 4 tanks with no warning of being detected which pretty much rules out being blind-fired. I do like to (try to) take advantage of sneaky bushes etc and am known to make mistakes, however normally I get a pre-warning of being nuked and have come to trust this warning. 

All the more surprising to be pretty much insta-popped, getting hit by 4 tanks simultaneously without warning. 

For the record, yes, I do run a few mods from Aslains mod-pack. Pretty much the same mods I've been using for years now and those mods have never before caused any trouble. 

Anyway, I'm just wondering if other people have the same impression(s).

Private_Miros #2 Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28768 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostOllieCromwell, on 21 May 2020 - 08:11 AM, said:

normally I get a pre-warning of being nuked and have come to trust this warning. 

There's your issue. Sixth sense is not a pre-warning, it's a post warning. It means you have been spotted for a three seconds now.

If in those seconds you are killed (or your commander is killed), you obviously don't get the warning anymore that you were spotted three seconds ago.

And three seconds is enough to shoot someone in locations where enemies are to be expected.

OllieCromwell #3 Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48822 battles
  • [GENB] GENB

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 21 May 2020 - 09:15 AM, said:

There's your issue. Sixth sense is not a pre-warning, it's a post warning. It means you have been spotted for a three seconds now.

If in those seconds you are killed (or your commander is killed), you obviously don't get the warning anymore that you were spotted three seconds ago.

And three seconds is enough to shoot someone in locations where enemies are to be expected.

Agreed, but it also happens every now and then in the 'not so obvious' locations ... As said, it could be my own failure, I'm certainly not ruling that posibility out, but I have the impression there is more to it than that.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:25 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 36967 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
As above, if you get instagibbed you'll never know you were spotted as there's nobody left alive to tell you. If you're sitting in a bush and your sixth sense goes off that's just telling you the enemy team were slow to react and you got lucky.

Slyspy #5 Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15301 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostOllieCromwell, on 21 May 2020 - 09:25 AM, said:

Agreed, but it also happens every now and then in the 'not so obvious' locations ... As said, it could be my own failure, I'm certainly not ruling that posibility out, but I have the impression there is more to it than that.

If you are sitting in a well known lurking spot or if you have been previously spotted at that location then people we aim at that location waiting for you to be spotted again. Their fire will hit you before your sixth goes off. 

You also won't receive a warning if your commander is dead or if you haven't dropped from the radar since you were last spotted. 

Private_Miros #6 Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28768 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostOllieCromwell, on 21 May 2020 - 08:25 AM, said:

Also keep in mind that it doesn't go off if you were simply spotted the whole time (didn't wait long enough before popping back up or spotted from another angle).

Orkbert #7 Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:34 AM

Major

• Player
  • 29958 battles

View PostOllieCromwell, on 21 May 2020 - 09:11 AM, said:

On a few occasions I suddenly get hammered by shots from 3 or 4 tanks with no warning of being detected which pretty much rules out being blind-fired.

A replay of such a situation would be very helpful.

Without it all we can say is that Sixth Sense works but your perception of the situation is wrong.

sokolicc #8 Posted 21 May 2020 - 03:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34939 battles
  • [D4EAM] D4EAM
In last CW campaign Dawn of industry, our EBR was sitting in, let's say, semi obvious bush. Theybprobably preaimed him. He suddenly dissapeared from full hp to zero.
No 6th sense...
Everyone was 'Wow, insane preaim, so many bushes, how they all aimed at that specific location...

It turned out that he sneezed and pressed left click and fired. His 6th sense in fact activated...

It's all about human perception and ways the bain works.

Recently i was watching skill4ltu playing live and being deatroyed or hit without 6th sense being activated.
Then i replayed that part of the video and saw 6th sense going on.
Not that he missed it but even me as viewer missed it.

Therefore, it happens. Stress, work, anxiety or just not being focused 100% can make that happen. :)

crnakoza #9 Posted 21 May 2020 - 03:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 63228 battles

Few things, sixth sense has delay of three seconds, if you get spotted and destroyed before those three seconds pass, it will never activate (because you're now dead). Something else which has been pointed out, if you are spotted, and didn't made yourself invisible again, your sixth sense won't trigger because you're spotted the entire time even though you might feel like you're not (sometimes enemies won't shoot at you for whatever reason, even though they can clearly see you). So every time you get spotted, take care to make yourself invisible again (the time varies, and takes up to 10 seconds, for you to disappear). Also if your commander is dead you will lose sixth sense.

Sixth sense is working just fine, it's just that people don't really understand how spotting and camouflage works in this game.

_Signal_ #10 Posted 21 May 2020 - 04:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 49326 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
I can say I;ve had a couple of times my sixth sense hasn't gone off (not perma spotted, not dead before it appears) but I'm like talking one game out of 500

Bigtime_Alarm #11 Posted 21 May 2020 - 04:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24087 battles
6th goes off 3 seconds after you are spotted so its key function is to tell you your tank was destroyed 2.9 seconds ago.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 36967 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostBigtime_Alarm, on 21 May 2020 - 04:41 PM, said:

6th goes off 3 seconds after you are spotted so its key function is to tell you your tank was destroyed 2.9 seconds ago.

Or you could pop up and pull back immediately, then after 3 seconds you know whether it's safe or not.

Balc0ra #13 Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77209 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Hi all,

Just a question for you all .. .Lately I've got the impression that my 6th sense doesn't always work as intended ... On a few occasions I suddenly get hammered by shots from 3 or 4 tanks with no warning of being detected which pretty much rules out being blind-fired. I do like to (try to) take advantage of sneaky bushes etc and am known to make mistakes, however normally I get a pre-warning of being nuked and have come to trust this warning.

The thing about 6th sense is... it only tells you when you are spotted, not when you get de-spotted. So thus you might go a big circle behind cover to lose line of sight, but there is a light on the far side still looking at you, and keeps you lit when you get back. And you get to sit there for 10 seconds before you get hit again. And so 6th sense doesn't go off again. Or you got de-spotted after you got back into cover. But by then they already knew you were there. Thus blind fire starts, and you don't get spotted before you move again. Thus the delay is bigger then it seems.

There are many reasons as to why 6th sense might seem off. The easiest way to check is simply to ask someone on the enemy team that was alive when you died or got hit if they would not mind sending you their replay. You would be surprised on how often that works out when I ask. So then I can look out for my dot at that location on his map at the time in question. And a few times, my dot has been there all the time, and there was a light a hell of a lot closer then I did expect.

Steve8066 #14 Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21833 battles

Hi all,

All the more surprising to be pretty much insta-popped, getting hit by 4 tanks simultaneously without warning. 

For the record, yes, I do run a few mods from Aslains mod-pack. Pretty much the same mods I've been using for years now and those mods have never before caused any trouble. 

Anyway, I'm just wondering if other people have the same impression(s).

very very occasionally it just simply doesnt go off. Ive not had it happen, or at least not noticed that its happened, for a long time.

P33K #15 Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:28 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27946 battles
  • [YOKE_] YOKE_
It doesn't seem to always alarm, if you are hit before alarm. Sometimes it's a bit hard to distinguish blind shots from getting spotted.

Bigtime_Alarm #16 Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24087 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 21 May 2020 - 05:52 PM, said:

Or you could pop up and pull back immediately, then after 3 seconds you know whether it's safe or not.

Sure if you can retreat in 0.1 second that will work. Usually you barely get past the p of pop before you lose tracks then ammo then fuel then tracks again. 

Slyspy #17 Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15301 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBigtime_Alarm, on 21 May 2020 - 10:13 PM, said:

Sure if you can retreat in 0.1 second that will work. Usually you barely get past the p of pop before you lose tracks then ammo then fuel then tracks again. 

He doesn't mean pop out and sit there waiting for the alarm to go off.

Bigtime_Alarm #18 Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24087 battles

View PostSlyspy, on 22 May 2020 - 12:58 PM, said:

He doesn't mean pop out and sit there waiting for the alarm to go off.

of course not, neither did I. I will be surprised to last 3 seconds. If I start to pop my turret over a ridge I am usually hammered before I can move my finger from w to d. Commonly it is tracks and ammo rack as well in spite of them being way below the ridge. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #19 Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 36967 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostBigtime_Alarm, on 22 May 2020 - 03:41 PM, said:

of course not, neither did I. I will be surprised to last 3 seconds. If I start to pop my turret over a ridge I am usually hammered before I can move my finger from w to d. Commonly it is tracks and ammo rack as well in spite of them being way below the ridge. 

If they're able to shoot your tracks and ammo rack then they clearly are not below the ridge now are they?

OofBerry #20 Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:46 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22429 battles
I have felt like I have had sixth sense not going of before, but I tend to put this down to my lack of concentration and me just missing it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users