Is teamkilling now unpunishable?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Ipos #1 Posted 21 May 2020 - 04:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9324 battles

Had a playsession a couple of days ago. On several occasions throughout that session I got pushed into enemy fire, presumably to bait enemy shots to allow the offending player a chance to fire back or to use my wreck as cover as well as grab whatever position I was having.

There's no evidence that I have ever seen of the in-game report function working. The automatic system doesn't work because it is no longer possible to deal damage to friendly tanks by shooting or ramming them. Petitions to WoT EU get responded to with an automatic response stating that the automatic system covers this issue when it does not. Even when asking for a non-automated response I get an automated response back within two minutes.

So is this behavior sanctioned then? The new way to play WoT?

Example

https://imgur.com/a/KAT1w6b

http://wotreplays.eu...ipos-object_430

UPDATE: It is NOT sanctioned. When upon your recommendations I filed as physics abuse I got a personal and prompt response. 

Edited by Ipos, 21 May 2020 - 07:42 PM.

24doom24 #2 Posted 21 May 2020 - 04:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9466 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

The only thing I know for sure is sanctioned is chat behaviour:trollface:

The best thing you can do is write a nicely worded report with replay evidence. 

LethalWalou #3 Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:06 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35443 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostIpos, on 21 May 2020 - 03:25 PM, said:

Had a playsession a couple of days ago. On several occasions throughout that session I got pushed into enemy fire, presumably to bait enemy shots to allow the offending player a chance to fire back or to use my wreck as cover as well as grab whatever position I was having.

That is not teamkilling, that is physics abuse. Report it to customer support under physics abuse ticket, describe what happened along with time stamp and attach the replay file to the ticket.

Why do so many people report physics abuse as ''teamkill'' when it's not that? And then complain that ''nothing happens''? You don't report a physical assault as car theft to the police.

Block Quote

There's no evidence that I have ever seen of the in-game report function working. 

I wonder why. Oh wait, it was abused by the players so WG was forced to tone it down and now it basically doesn't work because the threshold is high enough so that it can't be abused and people don't report offenses.

Block Quote

The automatic system doesn't work because it is no longer possible to deal damage to friendly tanks by shooting or ramming them. Petitions to WoT EU get responded to with an automatic response stating that the automatic system covers this issue when it does not. Even when asking for a non-automated response I get an automated response back within two minutes.

The automated system for punishing team killing works just the same as before the removal of friendly fire. You get punished if you do team damage and banned if you do too much of it.

Automated responses from customer support are quite a common thing in customer support and they work perfectly fine. Now with the mess in the world, WG CS is under staffed. And even if they were in normal conditions the automated responses are perfectly fine. What do you need a personalized response for anyways? What are you looking for in it that can't be dealt with a template message?

And since you're sending a ticket under ''team kill'', what else do you need for them to say other than it's governed by automated system?

Edited by LethalWalou, 21 May 2020 - 05:07 PM.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77209 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostIpos, on 21 May 2020 - 04:25 PM, said:

There's no evidence that I have ever seen of the in-game report function working. The automatic system doesn't work because it is no longer possible to deal damage to friendly tanks by shooting or ramming them.

If the old system was here, you would be here asking why you got banned for firing back instead. As neither then nor now do we have a system that monitors if someone was in contact with you when you took damage from shells. If it was, half the HT lane would be blue all the time. And as it stands now, the only way to get banned for team damage or turn blue. Is to drown someone or push someone off from height so they get destroyed. As that is based on last contact. Not you taking damage from shells on last contact. As a system like that would be sketchy at best with all the rubbing going at all times in battle.

And there is no evidence for most, as no one follows everyone they report around to see if they still play the next day or a week. If you do that's kinda creepy. But if only you care about it, and there is only one report on the incident. Then no, WG won't care. As if it was that easy, we would all be on ban 10 by now. But if half your team reacts the same way you do, then something might come out of it via reports. I can show you clips of several streamers that have been banned a few matches later after pushing someone around. As I suspect they got more than one report their way.

Petitions to WoT EU get responded to with an automatic response stating that the automatic system covers this issue when it does not. Even when asking for a non-automated response I get an automated response back within two minutes.

Two things to keep in mind here. Support staff due to local covid19 work laws are understaffed badly vs daily tickets. So to get them going at a good speed, I suspect most go by the headline alone. Vs reading all of what you wrote in detail, and slam a pre-written response to keep it going.

Thus you getting a good point across on the headline alone is vital vs the rant you type in the ticket. As if you used the word team kill and push. That would be enough for him to think you got killed when you got pushed off from height. That is indeed monitored. So drop the word team kill from it, and find a better headline to grab his attention more. As in these times, that's what you need to do. I've only submitted one ticket the past 3 months. It took 3 days to get a response, but according to them, they dealt with the player in question and reponsed to what I acutally did write vs a copy paste one.

Edited by Balc0ra, 21 May 2020 - 05:13 PM.

Wankelschrauben #5 Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16387 battles
  • [5REST] 5REST
I sent a replay of team killing (was pushed onto my roof in a WT german TD by two friendly heavies), they were banned.

Edited by Wankelschrauben, 21 May 2020 - 06:23 PM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #6 Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:17 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36600 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

There's no evidence that I have ever seen of the in-game report function working.

You'll get a response from Support if they took action.

Write in a nice ticket, categorize it as Physics Abuse, and the trolls will be dealt with.

BravelyRanAway #7 Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25337 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostLethalWalou, on 21 May 2020 - 04:06 PM, said:

That is not teamkilling, that is physics abuse. Report it to customer support under physics abuse ticket, describe what happened along with time stamp and attach the replay file to the ticket.

^^What he said^^......as Lethal says, include the time-stamp, as they are more likely to act if they can go straight to viewing the incident than having to watch the whole replay.

Orkbert #8 Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:23 PM

Major

• Player
  • 29958 battles

Well, that imgur video could also have been an accidental push (just like you drove in sniper mode for a bit maybe the player of the pushing tank did the same and didn't see you)

And the replay link doesn't even exist.

Ipos #9 Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9324 battles
Alright, resubmitted as physics abuse. Will update if anything comes from it. Thanks for the advice.

LethalWalou #10 Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:36 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35443 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

Regarding the imgur link, I'm interested to know why after OP changed to 3rd person view and saw what was happening, he reversed, in a way that he would be fully in front of the 60TP and get pushed out fully. If reported, the 60TP will most likely be punished, but to me it looks like bit of like throwing yourself to the ground when someone touches you.

_Carpaccio_ #11 Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38936 battles

Team damage had its issues and crayon eaters fired on for example streamers when meeting them in battle, XVM bots shot unicums (not necesarily content creators) because 60 % winrate = hacker, etc. But there are situations when I wish they didnt remove it. Like for example when last week we had clicker who started complaining about team right from the battle start. I told him to F off, and he went to chase me and push me for the battle duration. Back before removal I would just kill him and let him enjoy his time in team chat. 

Ipos #12 Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9324 battles
Update: When filed as physics abuse I got a personal and prompt response. Lesson learned for me.
18:46 Added after 4 minute

View PostLethalWalou, on 21 May 2020 - 05:36 PM, said:

Regarding the imgur link, I'm interested to know why after OP changed to 3rd person view and saw what was happening, he reversed, in a way that he would be fully in front of the 60TP and get pushed out fully. If reported, the 60TP will most likely be punished, but to me it looks like bit of like throwing yourself to the ground when someone touches you.

Can't recall the train of thought I had, came as a curveball. Most likely I was instinctively just trying to angle up my side armor vs shots from imagined TD's up ahead given how you can have a quite aggressive angle with the 430 and still have shots roll off you.

BravelyRanAway #13 Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25337 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostIpos, on 21 May 2020 - 06:41 PM, said:

Update: When filed as physics abuse I got a personal and prompt response. Lesson learned for me.

Players who follow you to the garage to insult also get a prompt service;)......you file that to support with a 'screenshot' under 'chat violation'---> 'private message'. :)

LethalWalou #14 Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:56 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35443 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

Can't recall the train of thought I had, came as a curveball. Most likely I was instinctively just trying to angle up my side armor vs shots from imagined TD's up ahead given how you can have a quite aggressive angle with the 430 and still have shots roll off you.

I'm actually surprised the VK or AMX didn't pen you there when you side scraped, as 430 has those ''shoulders'' of 40mm armor that both of those enemies can overmatch. The tank isn't really that good for side scraping even though it has the angled side armor that is basically auto bounce.

18:58 Added after 1 minute

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 21 May 2020 - 06:55 PM, said:

Players who follow you to the garage to insult also get a prompt service;)......you file that to support with a 'screenshot' under 'chat violation'---> 'private message'. :)

And just a tip for this, turn on time stamps for messages in settings. That helps customer support massively, they can simply check the chat archive from that time and issue the ban.

Black_Rojer #15 Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28433 battles
  • [LOLRS] LOLRS

There's no evidence that I have ever seen of the in-game report function working. The automatic system doesn't work because it is no longer possible to deal damage to friendly tanks by shooting or ramming them. Petitions to WoT EU get responded to with an automatic response stating that the automatic system covers this issue when it does not. Even when asking for a non-automated response I get an automated response back within two minutes.

Example

UPDATE: It is NOT sanctioned. When upon your recommendations I filed as physics abuse I got a personal and prompt response. 

Congratulation! Now you know it. WG does nothing against such types as well as against rigged battles. Moderators closed all topics with such content.

Look at this

*edited*

Edited by Immensive, 21 May 2020 - 10:25 PM.
Removed the video (Naming & Shaming)

BravelyRanAway #16 Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25337 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostBlack_Rojer, on 21 May 2020 - 07:04 PM, said:

Congratulation! Now you know it. WG does nothing against such types as well as against rigged battles. Moderators closed all topics with such content.

Look at this

*edited*

Yes...moderators close topics where players name and shame other players, that's in the forum rules if you care to read them before posting.

Anyway....didn't see rigged game, did see some bad players. Got any real rigged vid stuff? instead of vids of you cursing.

Black_Rojer #17 Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28433 battles
  • [LOLRS] LOLRS

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 21 May 2020 - 08:16 PM, said:

Yes...moderators close topics where players name and shame other players, that's in the forum rules if you care to read them before posting.

Anyway....didn't see rigged game, did see some bad players. Got any real rigged vid stuff? instead of vids of you cursing.

Look this battle, I hoped this did not come to european servers.

LethalWalou #18 Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:30 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35443 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 21 May 2020 - 07:16 PM, said:

Actually that looked quite definitely like described. I also have met a group of players that played in the same fashion, enemy tier 10 3-man platoon was feeding one player in my team that was part of a 3-man platoon with 2 players with extremely bad stats.

BravelyRanAway #19 Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25337 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostLethalWalou, on 21 May 2020 - 07:30 PM, said:

Actually that looked quite definitely like described. I also have met a group of players that played in the same fashion, enemy tier 10 3-man platoon was feeding one player in my team that was part of a 3-man platoon with 2 players with extremely bad stats.

He said it was rigged by WG...how?

Objec7 #20 Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17092 battles
  • [OOUUF] OOUUF

Example

If someone pushes you in front of enemy and you get killed, you can send video report to WG and the person might get banned. You can avoid getting pushed by playing as a team instead of trying to have the spot all for yourself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users