Jump to content


It was so close


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Bullwerine #1 Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:48 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 545 battles
  • 29
  • Member since:
    09-16-2017

...I did not become a deserter for a first time.

2 fully aimed shots from a good position with Leopard PTA from 300 meters to stationary enemy T-54. Nowhere even near. T-54 gets stunned, runs and while running stunned snapshots me, sets me on fire and leaves me with 6 hp. Time for a killshot, oh yeah! lands 3 meters short and our arty gets him. We are down 6-14. 

 

All kind of crap happens in this game, but sometimes its just too much.

 

My last post from this account, original owner wants it back. My only advice to him will be, "never play fully sober". :)

 



wsatnutter #2 Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:10 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27401 battles
  • 10,246
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

Replay please 

Oh wait 



Bigtime_Alarm #3 Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:12 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24087 battles
  • 688
  • Member since:
    05-14-2013

View PostBullwerine, on 21 May 2020 - 07:48 PM, said:

...I did not become a deserter for a first time.

2 fully aimed shots from a good position with Leopard PTA from 300 meters to stationary enemy T-54. Nowhere even near. T-54 gets stunned, runs and while running stunned snapshots me, sets me on fire and leaves me with 6 hp. Time for a killshot, oh yeah! lands 3 meters short and our arty gets him. We are down 6-14. 

 

All kind of crap happens in this game, but sometimes its just too much.

 

My last post from this account, original owner wants it back. My only advice to him will be, "never play fully sober". :)

 

welcome to 9 out of 10 of my matches 

 



General_Jack_D_Ripper #4 Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:27 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4955 battles
  • 163
  • Member since:
    08-21-2016

Welcome to 12 out of 3 of my matches.

Perfect score.



Bigtime_Alarm #5 Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:44 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24087 battles
  • 688
  • Member since:
    05-14-2013

View PostGeneral_Jack_D_Ripper, on 21 May 2020 - 08:27 PM, said:

Welcome to 12 out of 3 of my matches.

Perfect score.

Stuff all else to do in  between shovelling as much fat, sugar and alcohol down my gullet as I can.



bnmm113 #6 Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:27 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12379 battles
  • 345
  • [ISW2] ISW2
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012
replay or didnt happen

JocMeister #7 Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:33 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 29020 battles
  • 2,810
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015
Just had a game on Minsk where I missed 3 fully aimed shots at the back of the turret of a 277 from 250m. 3 times in a row... Not even surprised any more. I just go "German accuracy da" with a Russian accent in my head every time I miss.

Edited by JocMeister, 22 May 2020 - 07:33 AM.


imendars #8 Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:20 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14339 battles
  • 1,158
  • Member since:
    04-17-2014

View PostBullwerine, on 21 May 2020 - 09:48 PM, said:

My last post from this account, original owner wants it back. My only advice to him will be, "never play fully sober". :)

 

Perhaps you shouldnt write such things officially.

But than its good that world have brave people too...



TheDrownedApe #9 Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:25 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 52989 battles
  • 6,794
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

This is my biggest frustration with the game i think. The fricking accuracy RNG. It mac's me off that you go to that aggressive position, slightly in danger, aim, aim, aim then miss whilst the enemy turns, snapshots whilst running away.

 

Where is the skill? Where is the payoff??



Bigtime_Alarm #10 Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:47 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24087 battles
  • 688
  • Member since:
    05-14-2013

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 22 May 2020 - 08:25 AM, said:

This is my biggest frustration with the game i think. The fricking accuracy RNG. It mac's me off that you go to that aggressive position, slightly in danger, aim, aim, aim then miss whilst the enemy turns, snapshots whilst running away.

 

Where is the skill? Where is the payoff??

When this becomes commonplace no wonder people suspect aimbots.



Lagalaza #11 Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:20 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 15144 battles
  • 539
  • [W0WW] W0WW
  • Member since:
    08-11-2018

It always amazes me how people remember and write about the times that RNG screws them over, but don't remember their own "miracle shots".

 

A couple of days ago in KV-2. Fully aimed at another KV-2 from 50 metres max. He snapshots and does 300ish damage. I go for full aim and fire... miss and get zero damage!! I back away and he follows. He fires on the move and does 300ish damage which is enough for the kill shot. I'm left cussing RNG.

Twenty minutes later i'm behind a rock at a "heavy corner" and snap shot at a moving tier 8 premium wheelie from 300 metres while in the KV-2. Whallop and the wheelie disappears in a tumbling mess of steel, wheels and smoke!! Laughing to myself, I remember the previous bad RNG and say to myself "what goes around, comes around".

The clue is in the name folks... RANDOM!!

Lighten up and try to remember the good as well as the bad.

 

On a different note, the abuse I got from the Wheelie driver was hysterically funny. Apparently, various middle eastern terrorist organisations are coming to do awful things to my mother!!


Edited by Lagalaza, 22 May 2020 - 11:21 AM.


Bigtime_Alarm #12 Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:45 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24087 battles
  • 688
  • Member since:
    05-14-2013

View PostLagalaza, on 22 May 2020 - 11:20 AM, said:

It always amazes me how people remember and write about the times that RNG screws them over, but don't remember their own "miracle shots".

 

A couple of days ago in KV-2. Fully aimed at another KV-2 from 50 metres max. He snapshots and does 300ish damage. I go for full aim and fire... miss and get zero damage!! I back away and he follows. He fires on the move and does 300ish damage which is enough for the kill shot. I'm left cussing RNG.

Twenty minutes later i'm behind a rock at a "heavy corner" and snap shot at a moving tier 8 premium wheelie from 300 metres while in the KV-2. Whallop and the wheelie disappears in a tumbling mess of steel, wheels and smoke!! Laughing to myself, I remember the previous bad RNG and say to myself "what goes around, comes around".

The clue is in the name folks... RANDOM!!

Lighten up and try to remember the good as well as the bad.

 

On a different note, the abuse I got from the Wheelie driver was hysterically funny. Apparently, various middle eastern terrorist organisations are coming to do awful things to my mother!!

I remember well enough every twenty or thirty matches when RNG favours me and every two or three where the other guys gets lucky. Random implies it will be even in the long run, if so I am going to have at least a few hundred miracle matches sometime.



Private_Miros #13 Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:48 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28747 battles
  • 11,261
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostBigtime_Alarm, on 22 May 2020 - 11:45 AM, said:

I remember well enough every twenty or thirty matches when RNG favours me and every two or three where the other guys gets lucky. Random implies it will be even in the long run, if so I am going to have at least a few hundred miracle matches sometime.

 

Well when you get shot at more than you shoot, it does mean that RNG has more opportunities to favour those dishing out than it does to favour you.



Bigtime_Alarm #14 Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:26 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24087 battles
  • 688
  • Member since:
    05-14-2013

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 22 May 2020 - 12:48 PM, said:

 

Well when you get shot at more than you shoot, it does mean that RNG has more opportunities to favour those dishing out than it does to favour you.

of course, its all my fault as usual. I should have thought of that. How stupid of me to imagine that I am a real person and might deserve anything better than being the one who is the butt of the joke as usual. Well you have convinced me I should go back to being the cannon fodder for the *** magicians who can't miss if they tried and be quiet about it like a good little nonentity.



General_Jack_D_Ripper #15 Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:57 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4955 battles
  • 163
  • Member since:
    08-21-2016

View PostLagalaza, on 22 May 2020 - 11:20 AM, said:

It always amazes me how people remember and write about the times that RNG screws them over, but don't remember their own "miracle shots".

 

 

I was driving my Type 4 Heavy and the now heavy tank T54E1 penetrated the whole magazine in my good angled armor without any problem. Also fought against T-25-2 and IS-2-S alongside of him.

When the time for his second magazine came, none penetrated and I finished him and afterwards his smaller vasalls.



Private_Miros #16 Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:18 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28747 battles
  • 11,261
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostBigtime_Alarm, on 22 May 2020 - 12:26 PM, said:

of course, its all my fault as usual. I should have thought of that. How stupid of me to imagine that I am a real person and might deserve anything better than being the one who is the butt of the joke as usual. Well you have convinced me I should go back to being the cannon fodder for the *** magicians who can't miss if they tried and be quiet about it like a good little nonentity.

 

Wow, if you are that frustrated about, it, it's not that hard to improve. I never said or implied any those things, so no need to reflect your insecurities on me. It's just a game, have fun. Seesh.

 

All I am pointing out is objective numbers. If you shoot 200 times, you'll get more luck than if you shoot 100 times in absolute numbers. So if you only shoot once per two shots you take, it's obvious you'll get twice the lucky shots against you than you will be taking.



Claus_KeIIerman #17 Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:27 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 27135 battles
  • 3,733
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011

View PostBullwerine, on 21 May 2020 - 06:48 PM, said:

 

My last post from this account, original owner wants it back.

 

 

Isn't sharing accounts a bit frowned upon by WG ?



ZlatanArKung #18 Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:33 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1537 battles
  • 5,758
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 22 May 2020 - 08:25 AM, said:

This is my biggest frustration with the game i think. The fricking accuracy RNG. It mac's me off that you go to that aggressive position, slightly in danger, aim, aim, aim then miss whilst the enemy turns, snapshots whilst running away.

 

Where is the skill? Where is the payoff??

The payoff is that if you do that multiple times, you will hit him way more then he hits you.

But you only remember when you don't hit and he hit.



Bigtime_Alarm #19 Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:32 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24087 battles
  • 688
  • Member since:
    05-14-2013

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 22 May 2020 - 02:18 PM, said:

 

Wow, if you are that frustrated about, it, it's not that hard to improve. I never said or implied any those things, so no need to reflect your insecurities on me. It's just a game, have fun. Seesh.

 

All I am pointing out is objective numbers. If you shoot 200 times, you'll get more luck than if you shoot 100 times in absolute numbers. So if you only shoot once per two shots you take, it's obvious you'll get twice the lucky shots against you than you will be taking.

So what you think is I am such a clown I sit there while they shoot me and I try to remember which button to fire the gun. Because i have to be doing something wrong don't I or you can't be superior.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #20 Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:41 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 36967 battles
  • 6,100
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostBigtime_Alarm, on 22 May 2020 - 03:32 PM, said:

So what you think is I am such a clown I sit there while they shoot me and I try to remember which button to fire the gun. Because i have to be doing something wrong don't I or you can't be superior.


Unless you plan to share a replay or two to highlight your issue we've no idea what you do. All we do know is the game mechanics don't work the way you seem to think they do.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users