WoT Fast&Furious vs Speed limit for track/tires repairs?

repair suggestion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Killtech #1 Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34304 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

With movies like Fast & Furious my imagination has expanded so that now i can picture how changing a tire would look like while going 70+ km/h with intensive maneuvering and under heavy fire with explosions left and right (hmm, perhaps need more then 3 arties for proper F&F footage), and of course a tank fyling by (yep, in that picture there is at least one or it's not F&F!).

But unless we get proper skins for wheeled light tanks crews it remains somewhat hard to imagine normal mortals achieving the same feat. When I consider that normal tanks (including lights) in nearly all circumstances have to stand entirely still to repair their tracks i wouldn't count it as such a devastating disadvantage for wheeled racing tanks if tire repairs would only continue (i.e no reset) when the vehicle goes lower then 20 or 30 km/h - doesn't have to be entirely stationary though as this isn't always even feasible in certain areas or when someone is nearby with a chance of minor pushing. Anyhow this doesn't touch their ability to move with broken wheels and of course there is still the wonder of the repair kit, so it might be a soft enough nerf to consider. 

well just a thought though.

Ah, I should have added a poll maybe. Anyhow which option do you prefer to fix exchanging tires at 70 km/h?

• Fast & Furious crew skins for all wheeled vehicles, including a Vin Diesel voice over trying to speak French
  • A speed limit for repair of tracks and tires

Edited by Killtech, 21 May 2020 - 10:22 PM.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77203 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Let's see how the upcoming repair nerf will work first for the wheels before they do anything more. As I suspect a 25% speed loss per wheel that they suggested might cripple them even more than enough. As it's 5% for one wheel now iirc.

Galan7891 #3 Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10291 battles
The option of not having to see WV whine threads everyday when there is a thread stickied at the top  allready.

Immensive #4 Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 50477 battles
  • [T1LT] T1LT

Topic closed as there is already an ongoing pinned topic about wheeled verhicleshttp://forum.worldof...cussion-thread/

Also tagged with repair, suggestion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users