• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Dwigt #1 Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• WG Staff
  • 1348 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Commanders!

The second Common Test of Update 1.9.1 is now available. Make sure to check out the upcoming changes and new features that are planned for the next patch. We already made adjustments, fixed issues, and changed things based on your feedback.

So, give them another try, test the new features for the first time and let us know what you think them.

Take care and good luck on the battlefields!

sokolicc #2 Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34934 battles
  • [D4EAM] D4EAM
What exactly in the middle of fisherman's bay? Iirc bushes from both sides aren't working so it seems kinda balanced.

guest273 #3 Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:25 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37707 battles
Ummm where are the actual changes?

Moving textboxes some pixels to the left / right can be done by an intern - I would know, that was my job as an intern a few years ago :D

You guys (WG) are really not addressing the issues which you (WG) made in 1.9.

British up-tiered tanks are still trash, a lot of tanks lack ammo, no compensation for needing to add more ammo to tier 1-5 tanks (we players credits were updated with a negative balance)

Dwigt #4 Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• WG Staff
  • 1348 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postsokolicc, on 22 May 2020 - 01:23 PM, said:

What exactly in the middle of fisherman's bay? Iirc bushes from both sides aren't working so it seems kinda balanced.

There was an issue with the bushes in the middle of the Fisherman's Bay close to the hill. It has been brought up during the dev talk with Circon and Andrey Bieletsky. 

In this new version of CT server the issue should have been addressed so feel free to test it and report any unusual issues that you may encounter with a screenshot if possible. 

View Postguest273, on 22 May 2020 - 01:25 PM, said:

Ummm where are the actual changes?
Moving textboxes some pixels to the left / right can be done by an intern - I would know, that was my job as an intern a few years ago :D

You guys (WG) are really not addressing the issues which you (WG) made in 1.9.

British up-tiered tanks are still trash, a lot of tanks lack ammo, no compensation for needing to add more ammo to tier 1-5 tanks (we players credits were updated with a negative balance)

I imagine that was a very boring internship :P

Seriously, we addressed some of the issues that were in the game before and after 1.9. You should know that with every patch new unexpected issues can show up!

The ammo and HP buff on low tiers was part of the New Balance changes but needed to be added on it's own since the shell rebalance system has been withdrawn and is being reworked now.

Big changes and balance need more time and have been reported to our devs and that's why we urge you to go on our CT servers, test the features and share your feedback with us.

guest273 #5 Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:46 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37707 battles

View PostDwigt, on 22 May 2020 - 02:05 PM, said:

I imagine that was a very boring internship :P

It was, not gonna lie! :D

Seriously, we addressed some of the issues that were in the game before and after 1.9. You should know that with every patch new unexpected issues can show up!

What issues were addressed, I don't remember?
EBR's not nerfed (8 premium and 10) still got obsidian 0 mm wheels that absorb shells, Chieftains, 279e's, 907's allowed in CW and Ranked, Maps with problems (Airfield / Paris / Abbey / Ensk / Mannerheim line (no bushes, 4 or 5 death holes where you can get stuck)) and only 1/2 bannable maps + busted map rotation where the 8th or 9th battle is always same map as 1st or 2nd battle was (This was very noticeable when you played 10 battles a day for tank-rewards 10 battles with the same tank), tier 5-6 arty being able to 2 shot tanks, some cars not letting AP/APCR shelsl trough them like before...

The unexpected issues ... why do we have test-servers then? WoT has been available for 10 years, have the current devs never changed tank tiers / classes?
(Check out Quickybabies 1.9. stream, he found a bug on Crusaider - it was changed from med to LT and had med ventilation still on)

The ammo and HP buff on low tiers was part of the New Balance changes but needed to be added on it's own since the shell rebalance system has been withdrawn and is being reworked now.

Big changes and balance need more time and have been reported to our devs and that's why we urge you to go on our CT servers, test the features and share your feedback with us.

1.9. was a rushed update, it changed 3 MAYOR things in a single update, which each needed to be their own update due to how impactful they were. And the devs didn't see / understand this?

1) Tech tree changes - well fine, there were too many tier 2-4 tanks in the tech tree, I agree, but tier 2-4 SPG's / TD's should have been kept in due to their unique play-styles. Still, a lot of tanklines lost / gained new interconnections. A lot of players complain they were grinding for example German medium leo pta from HWK light (They had RU already researched) or smth like that and the line was cut off completely and the exp remained on the tank and nothing was compensated ...
2) HP buff of course affects not only Health but also ammo / battle duration - longer battle duration favors fast tanks and armored tanks, so ofc armor is and should be looked at like extra health the tank has. If an object 279e player ding dongs average 2k armor, this tank doesn't have 2400 health, it has 4400. Sometimes 3400, other times 5400, but on average 4400. So ofcourse if you add health on a tank which armor, it takes 3 more shots to destroy a tank and if on average 33% of the shots on the tank ding, then you in reality add 4 shots of health for this tank not 3. Also as I wrote players lost credits overall due to only having lets say 70/100 for like 5-10-15 tanks in their garage.
3) Tank uptiering / nerfs / type change should also have been it's own thing, HOW CAN YOU BALANCE A TANK (THAT IS OP DUE TO BEING ABLE TO 2 CLIP SAME TIER TANKS [LUCHS]) WHEN ALL TANKS HEALTH GETS BUFFED ??? That is already a nerf to it. But no, Luch / Pz I C etc. just got a double nerf.

Like when it comes to update 1.9. it should always be looked at as a bad example update to avoid this in the future. Big game changing overhauls should happen 1 at a time to avoid millions of things that no one though about becoming an issue. Just thinking about 1.9. makes me mad, so that's why I ask - when do fixes to this hole which now need to be filled come?

Edit: Just to add to my point. Why couldn't these changes came out 1 at a time? Wot is rushing somewhere? Where are you running? Take a chill pill and do 1 thing at a time. Wot desperately needs to sprint to a "happy place" to achieve this state that the developers think the game is ideal in? I don't get where the problem is literally to only do 1 thing per update?

Edited by guest273, 22 May 2020 - 03:51 PM.

Anastasia100 #6 Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 29048 battles
  • [JKB] JKB
As usual, nothing important for the game....actually, everything is irelevant for the game....nothing what players want you to change in the game....AS USUAL....... :sceptic:

Lytton #7 Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15951 battles
Will there be a feedback thread for CT2? I mean those changes to the Progetto, just wow. Nobody complains about the Italian line, nobody. The tank has awful armour and a reasonable gun to balance it. If these changes are fully implemented it will become a wheeled toilet that literally has cannelloni for a gun. The mind boggles.

baratoz1701 #8 Posted 23 May 2020 - 11:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27486 battles
  • [DNUTZ] DNUTZ

View PostLytton, on 22 May 2020 - 06:08 PM, said:

Will there be a feedback thread for CT2? I mean those changes to the Progetto, just wow. Nobody complains about the Italian line, nobody. The tank has awful armour and a reasonable gun to balance it. If these changes are fully implemented it will become a wheeled toilet that literally has cannelloni for a gun. The mind boggles.

they arent on common test, thats "supertest", means if they do come it will not be until at least next patch, maybe even after

ionut20121 #9 Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11984 battles
  • [FF-AL] FF-AL

Just another [edited]move from WG. So you are going to finally make the Obj 430Us cupolas pennable WITH gold. And you start to nerf the Progetto 65 as absolutely no one complained about it. I see what you are trying to do right there. Get a lot of people to complain about the changes and then cancel tham all together and then say "you listened to the comunity". Or you might just be really [edited]stupid and ignorant towards the people who support you. I don't even know what to believe rn.

Nerf your [edited]EBRs, Objects and Chieftan first.

Ciki_el_Tigre #10 Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:04 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 69237 battles
  • [WP_OS] WP_OS

This update really doesn't matter!
A much more important thing for players is what happens to the balance of the game. Now, we have a sudden announcement that was already current and then canceled - The nerfing of obj 430u and 430. And then, like thunder from the clear sky, the weakening of the Tiers 9 and 10 in Italian line. It’s something NO ONE has ever asked for and it’s there to just bring confusion among the players. At the same time, this is the company's old practice of letting players waste time until they reach the desired model, followed by a penalty - Massive NERFING.... But not Clown Cars, Obj 279e, Chieftain or Obj 907.

Edited by Ciki_el_Tigre, 24 May 2020 - 09:08 PM.

Dwigt #11 Posted 25 May 2020 - 11:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• WG Staff
  • 1348 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLytton, on 22 May 2020 - 06:08 PM, said:

Since there are no big changes and new features added in this CT2 version I would consider this thread as the CT2 feedback thread. The medium tanks changes are still on ST so nothing is set in stone and are not part of the current version of the 1.9.1. Re balancing does not only take into consideration the actual stats but there are other factors like pick rate, win rate... of the tank.  

View Postbaratoz1701, on 23 May 2020 - 10:04 AM, said:

they arent on common test, thats "supertest", means if they do come it will not be until at least next patch, maybe even after

Thank you for pointing it out! :honoring:

View PostCiki_el_Tigre, on 24 May 2020 - 08:04 PM, said:

This update really doesn't matter!
A much more important thing for players is what happens to the balance of the game. Now, we have a sudden announcement that was already current and then canceled - The nerfing of obj 430u and 430. And then, like thunder from the clear sky, the weakening of the Tiers 9 and 10 in Italian line. It’s something NO ONE has ever asked for and it’s there to just bring confusion among the players. At the same time, this is the company's old practice of letting players waste time until they reach the desired model, followed by a penalty - Massive NERFING.... But not Clown Cars, Obj 279e, Chieftain or Obj 907.

The changes are still on ST so I wouldn't consider them as final changes. As I previously said re balancing a tank isn't only about raw stats but also its performance in the game. If a tank is highly picked and is over performing then it should mean that this tank should be adjusted (or not). Now regarding the wheeled tanks, based on your feedback over the years and the stats that we're gathering, we are working on nerfing their mobility.

Again it's still in testing phase, nothing is set to stone and we count on your constructive feedback so feel free to share it here.

Feldmanis_Lv1 #12 Posted Today, 12:19 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4579 battles
  • [VELLI] VELLI
Is CT2 still available? why WG never post CT server due date?

Also tagged with 1.9, 1.9.1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users