just how?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

_Carpaccio_ #1 Posted 23 May 2020 - 02:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38876 battles

Sorry as this is quite meaningless post.

I played my derp sheridan, that I play with derp because its - ye its bad tank with that gun, buts its really fun :D - and I somehow penned angled turret of enemy Maus.

Now, I dont have replay, I dont have anything to back it up, as my old PC that was able to run WoT on medium/low details died, and my "reserve laptop" is happy to run it on lowest, so I disabled anything I could and anything I thought could eat extra memory and everything. 

I shot enemy Maus with derp first for like 100, then for 200, and then I fired on his angled turret and hit him for full damage. Is there some stupid weakspot like that? But even then, how much % is chance to hit Maus with F derp sheridan for full 900-1K damage? Could I hit his roof or something?

Spurtung #2 Posted 23 May 2020 - 03:22 AM

General

• Player
  • 80514 battles

The cheeks are curved.

When you hit the bottom of the cheeks, it splashes the hull.

Then, it can even set it on fire, as it's only 50mm thick.

-the end-

Desyatnik_Pansy #3 Posted 23 May 2020 - 03:40 AM

Bartender

• 19402 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

There is a pixel spot on the turret ring that's 50/55mm thick. You probably somehow sniped that, and penned, which is super unlucky for the Maus driver (I've seen a Maus get penned by 50B HE In that spot hilariously).

_Carpaccio_ #4 Posted 23 May 2020 - 04:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38876 battles
Thanks, I honestly didnt know about that. I swear, I just aimed my derp on his turret as I knew hitting turret should do more damage than hitting his hull, and sudenly, 1K damage :D

Desyatnik_Pansy #5 Posted 23 May 2020 - 04:24 AM

Bartender

• 19402 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Post_Carpaccio_, on 23 May 2020 - 04:13 AM, said:

Thanks, I honestly didnt know about that. I swear, I just aimed my derp on his turret as I knew hitting turret should do more damage than hitting his hull, and sudenly, 1K damage :D

I mean, even if you know about it it's not like you can really try and hit it since it's so tiny. Just RNGesus guiding the shell really.

_Carpaccio_ #6 Posted 23 May 2020 - 04:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38876 battles
So I guess a classic example of RNG gives and RNG takes, even more with derp guns.

StronkiTonki #7 Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 35625 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

Sheridan with derp is bad?

Oh... That's my favorite tier 10 LT though. :teethhappy: Yes, with the 152mm.

fwhaatpiraat #8 Posted 23 May 2020 - 12:10 PM

Major

• Player
  • 63175 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 23 May 2020 - 03:40 AM, said:

There is a pixel spot on the turret ring that's 50/55mm thick. You probably somehow sniped that, and penned, which is super unlucky for the Maus driver (I've seen a Maus get penned by 50B HE In that spot hilariously).

This. Not well known and very unlikely, but the Maus indeed has a very thinly armored turret ring, albeit is very hard to hit.

24doom24 #9 Posted 23 May 2020 - 12:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9466 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
Yeah there is 55mm turret ring that's literally 1 pixel, would be a miracle if you actually hit that. Are you sure you didn't just overmatch the hull deck?

fwhaatpiraat #10 Posted 23 May 2020 - 01:47 PM

Major

• Player
  • 63175 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Post24doom24, on 23 May 2020 - 12:58 PM, said:

Yeah there is 55mm turret ring that's literally 1 pixel, would be a miracle if you actually hit that. Are you sure you didn't just overmatch the hull deck?

Heat/he don't overmatch.

_Carpaccio_ #11 Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38876 battles

View PostStronkiTonki, on 23 May 2020 - 06:07 AM, said:

Sheridan with derp is bad?

Oh... That's my favorite tier 10 LT though. :teethhappy: Yes, with the 152mm.

Thats a tricky question for me. Its bad, especially for consistency with its aiming time, gun handling, accu, and reload, when standart gun has very good aim time, DPM close to mediums. Or is the derp really bad? Its main problem is now if you have one LT on team, and enemies get EBR, but other than that you can sometimes abuse that derp so much. Smashing hulldown S.Conquerors for example, but what I really about it derp is if enemies got some of the broken reward edits like chief or 279, and if they are stuck on some position and cant push, just sit and bounce damage, you can take this little bugger and balance them a bit with HE. And ofc main reason why play with derp is fun factor.

But its time to go back into reality. Standart gun is the way for competitive gameplay, but then again, if I wanted to play LT I could play anything else, could grind T100 LT. Sheridank is just speshul in this, and you could joke that "Derp is the only proper gun" or something :trollface:

and every once in a while you get those insane RNG moments when you hit somebody on the move and pen for 900, then you get fanmail: Hacker replay sent WG. Or like what happened with Maus. I just dont know how that happened, so I learned about that mini pixel weakspot, but like whats the chance to hit it and more so with derp. And there wasnt any other tank next to the Maus that would be unspotted, to I did indeed hit that Maus. Really wish I had that replay but as I said, I disabled everything that I thought might eat even the smallest ammount of extra memory. 

StronkiTonki #12 Posted 24 May 2020 - 05:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 35625 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View Post_Carpaccio_, on 23 May 2020 - 09:45 PM, said:

Thats a tricky question for me. Its bad, especially for consistency with its aiming time, gun handling, accu, and reload, when standart gun has very good aim time, DPM close to mediums. Or is the derp really bad? Its main problem is now if you have one LT on team, and enemies get EBR, but other than that you can sometimes abuse that derp so much. Smashing hulldown S.Conquerors for example, but what I really about it derp is if enemies got some of the broken reward edits like chief or 279, and if they are stuck on some position and cant push, just sit and bounce damage, you can take this little bugger and balance them a bit with HE. And ofc main reason why play with derp is fun factor.

But its time to go back into reality. Standart gun is the way for competitive gameplay, but then again, if I wanted to play LT I could play anything else, could grind T100 LT. Sheridank is just speshul in this, and you could joke that "Derp is the only proper gun" or something :trollface:

and every once in a while you get those insane RNG moments when you hit somebody on the move and pen for 900, then you get fanmail: Hacker replay sent WG. Or like what happened with Maus. I just dont know how that happened, so I learned about that mini pixel weakspot, but like whats the chance to hit it and more so with derp. And there wasnt any other tank next to the Maus that would be unspotted, to I did indeed hit that Maus. Really wish I had that replay but as I said, I disabled everything that I thought might eat even the smallest ammount of extra memory. 

Basically like this: https://clips.twitch.tv/MiniatureGrossSkunkFUNgineer

My best moment in the Sheridan. :teethhappy:

But yeah, in general I'll admit that derp guns aren't really competetive. (Unless it's the SU-152 with 250 pen HEAT)

But like you said, if I wanted to play an LT with a "normal" gun, I might as well just play any other LT.

I generally don't feel comfortable scouting with the Sheridan, so I might as well just use it with the derp gimmick. And it's loads of fun.

I actually kinda hated the T49, which I also played with derp. The gun was just too inconsistent for me. Added more frustration than fun.

But when it comes to the Sheri with derp, I feel like it's just consistent enough to be comfortable for me. :)

_Carpaccio_ #13 Posted 25 May 2020 - 11:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38876 battles
I tried T49 with derp, but I too didnt like it compared to Sheri. The difference between gun handling and aiming time is really big. Playing session with Sheridank always ruins my recent wn8, wr, and all that :D, but like I dont really care anymore, as I am trying to focus more on "having fun" than tryharding like I once did. I even have full bonds equipment on derp sheri :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users