• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

saxsan4 #1 Posted 23 May 2020 - 03:36 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23139 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

Hello,

I have two replays I wouldn't mind you watching for me, as many of you said I need to improve I would like you to tell me how :)

http://wotreplays.eu...xsan4-excelsior

http://wotreplays.eu...t_268_version_4

Mods PLEASE DELATE - I am leaving forums - bye all

Edited by saxsan4, 23 May 2020 - 07:20 PM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 23 May 2020 - 04:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 45749 battles

You could try saying "please"

:ohmy:

JocMeister #3 Posted 23 May 2020 - 04:27 PM

Major

• Player
  • 29020 battles

View Postsaxsan4, on 23 May 2020 - 03:36 PM, said:

Hello,

I have two replays I wouldn't mind you watching for me, as many of you said I need to improve I would like you to tell me how :)

http://wotreplays.eu...xsan4-excelsior

http://wotreplays.eu...t_268_version_4

Come back when you genuinely want help. Taking your 2 best games from the last month or so trying to show them them off under the guise of asking for help is just...:sceptic:

It takes A LOT of time looking at replays and analyzing them while taking notes to provide feedback...as you have already shown in other threads you have zero interest in any kind of constructive feedback. You just want to tell everyone how you really are a unicum. But you have had bad luck, and XVM is not accurate etc etc...

Edited by JocMeister, 23 May 2020 - 04:34 PM.

Unicorn_of_Steel #4 Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20170 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 23 May 2020 - 04:07 PM, said:

You could try saying "please"

:ohmy:

Stop brushing your teeth with vinegar... Please... 

qpranger #5 Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
Aim better.

Erwin_Von_Braun #6 Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:17 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 45749 battles

View PostUnicorn_of_Steel, on 23 May 2020 - 04:02 PM, said:

I have no idea what that means :unsure:

azakow #7 Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:19 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 85750 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 23 May 2020 - 05:17 PM, said:

Acid in your breath.

Or GER: Haare auf den Zähnen.

Edited by azakow, 23 May 2020 - 05:19 PM.

jabster #8 Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12836 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 23 May 2020 - 04:17 PM, said:

I’d imagine it’s one of those we have this saying so it works fine if I translate it to English.

Private_Miros #9 Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28768 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View Postjabster, on 23 May 2020 - 04:22 PM, said:

I’d imagine it’s one of those we have this saying so it works fine if I translate it to English.

Make that the cat wise.

Desyatnik_Pansy #10 Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:30 PM

Bartender

• 19414 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Two replays is nowhere near enough to go on when trying to tell someone how to improve, it doesn't show us enough about how you're actually playing and we can only really pick apart that singular battle (and honestly, I'm inclined to go with Joc on this). It's like if I were to pick a random replay from my uploads and ask someone to teach me how to improve from that, then link them a 5k damage 8 Kills game or something. They have no idea how I actually played the rest of that session, or the games in that tank, all I'm giving them is a really good game.

That's not to say you can't give a pointer or two as a result when something is clearly present (i.e that one user who posted a replay of him in his Skorp G Firing HE On Westfield while camping in the back, trying to snipe poking T34s/Conqs or something), but yes, if you're actually looking for this kinda stuff you should play a session and upload pretty much all the replays (or a good portion, since 50-60 Replays is asking too much), not just two random replays from different sessions.

Erwin_Von_Braun #11 Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 45749 battles

View PostUnicorn_of_Steel, on 23 May 2020 - 04:02 PM, said:

View Postazakow, on 23 May 2020 - 04:19 PM, said:

Acid in your breath.

Or GER: Haare auf den Zähnen.

Excellent, now I know what it means (tnx azakow) I can confirm, with a degree of certainty, that there was no 'acid in my breath' so much as there was an attempt to remind the OP that manners cost nothing.

If you require help from people, assuming that is the OP's intent, a favourable outcome is more likely when simple courtesy is employed :)

saxsan4 #12 Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:51 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23139 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostJocMeister, on 23 May 2020 - 03:27 PM, said:

Come back when you genuinely want help. Taking your 2 best games from the last month or so trying to show them them off under the guise of asking for help is just...:sceptic:

It takes A LOT of time looking at replays and analyzing them while taking notes to provide feedback...as you have already shown in other threads you have zero interest in any kind of constructive feedback. You just want to tell everyone how you really are a unicum. But you have had bad luck, and XVM is not accurate etc etc...

wow rude much 

Kdingo #13 Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:51 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32344 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 23 May 2020 - 05:37 PM, said:

Excellent, now I know what it means (tnx azakow) I can confirm, with a degree of certainty, that there was no 'acid in my breath' so much as there was an attempt to remind the OP that manners cost nothing.

If you require help from people, assuming that is the OP's intent, a favourable outcome is more likely when simple courtesy is employed :)

If you have enough acid in your breath you get a +100 corrosive bonus against enemy armor, just make sure to spit at the enemy while yelling "cuk* bly*t".

saxsan4 #14 Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:51 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23139 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 23 May 2020 - 04:30 PM, said:

Two replays is nowhere near enough to go on when trying to tell someone how to improve, it doesn't show us enough about how you're actually playing and we can only really pick apart that singular battle (and honestly, I'm inclined to go with Joc on this). It's like if I were to pick a random replay from my uploads and ask someone to teach me how to improve from that, then link them a 5k damage 8 Kills game or something. They have no idea how I actually played the rest of that session, or the games in that tank, all I'm giving them is a really good game.

That's not to say you can't give a pointer or two as a result when something is clearly present (i.e that one user who posted a replay of him in his Skorp G Firing HE On Westfield while camping in the back, trying to snipe poking T34s/Conqs or something), but yes, if you're actually looking for this kinda stuff you should play a session and upload pretty much all the replays (or a good portion, since 50-60 Replays is asking too much), not just two random replays from different sessions.

I only have last replay saved so I can't uploaded any otherwise my platoon mates get tired of waiting 

Erwin_Von_Braun #15 Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 45749 battles

View PostKdingo, on 23 May 2020 - 04:51 PM, said:

If you have enough acid in your breath you get a +100 corrosive bonus against enemy armor, just make sure to spit at the enemy while yelling "cuk* bly*t".

:D

saxsan4 #16 Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:58 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23139 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostJocMeister, on 23 May 2020 - 03:27 PM, said:

also every who has Iiked this is now blocked , no need for toxic players

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 23 May 2020 - 04:30 PM, said:

hello, I will respond to you because I like you and have helped me in the past, when I post other repays no one wants to help, plus I uploaded these to show an average game of how I play. I pick one random battle in one of my favourite tanks in WOT (Not in real life)

you see, do quick baby uploaded games where he does worse? no, so why should I, plus I did that before posted a 2nd class game ad no one helps, because people are only nitrated in trolling me yet call me a troll LOL. My clan platoons with me so I will ask them instead as they are genuine players

Although I recommend watching the reaplys as they are fun games

also most people here message me in game saying they like my threads and me posting its just small keyboard warriors who are rude

Desyatnik_Pansy #17 Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:09 PM

Bartender

• 19414 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postsaxsan4, on 23 May 2020 - 05:51 PM, said:

I only have last replay saved so I can't uploaded any otherwise my platoon mates get tired of waiting 

Then change it. Replays are only small files, it's not like them racking up in the folder is going to mean you have something like a 10gb folder to delete later. I usually let replays pile up for a session or two and then delete them afterwards, while others I know can hold onto replays for months.

View Postsaxsan4, on 23 May 2020 - 05:58 PM, said:

hello, I will respond to you because I like you and have helped me in the past, when I post other repays no one wants to help, plus I uploaded these to show an average game of how I play. I pick one random battle in one of my favourite tanks in WOT (Not in real life)

you see, do quick baby uploaded games where he does worse? no, so why should I, plus I did that before posted a 2nd class game ad no one helps, because people are only nitrated in trolling me yet call me a troll LOL. My clan platoons with me so I will ask them instead as they are genuine players

Even though it's the second line, I'll tackle that first. Does QB Upload replays to a forum thread asking for tips? No. Literally the premise of this thread is "help me improve", and then you're posting two unrelated replays of good games. Wotlabs shows you as having played 96 Games in the past hour, one of which I assume is the Excel game, do you really think that one game tells us anything about the rest of your session?  When you're asking for help, it works simply to have more than one game to go off of, because singular battles can be very deceiving.

Let me double down on my example. I've been playing the Chimera recently and been trying to get the hang of it, I have (only) 23 Games in it at the moment and I'm still trying to find what I'm comfortable doing in tank and whatnot. There's plenty of maps, scenarios and all that I've yet to put the tank into, so I've got plenty to learn. I have one replay from my Chimera games, a 5k game and 6 Kills Ace Tanker. Should I use that replay to ask for tips on how to play the tank? Hell no, it's literally a great game in the tank for me, it ignores the rest of my performance in the tank is just cherrypicking a game I did well in. Your Excelsior replay is basically this, it is far above the rest of your performance in your 96 Game session and is even well above your Excelsior performance, so this isn't just showing "an average game".

As I said, there's still a thing or two you can say about single battles, but when it comes to providing assistance we really need more than one paint to actually draw the picture. Unless of course, your goal wasn't to actually ask for tips? 

Although I recommend watching the reaplys as they are fun games

I did, but what exactly do you want me to say about them?

UrQuan #18 Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22389 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

To add a bit of helpful tips regarding replays, good replays to upload are those where you feel you could have done better, but aren't sure what. I done it in the past myself, to learn where I could do better & it helped me well.

The two replays you uploaded are two where you did well, so it will be hard to give tips on how to play better, because even bad calls turned out to be good, because enemies made bad calls as well, nullifying yours. I can say 'the excelsior should have been more aggressive/less aggressive' but it would be null advice, as it turned out well in this specific replay as the enemy played right into your hands. This will not always happen & then a bad behaviour that worked for one single great game can work against you in most other ordinary games. Part of skill is knowing when something might work or not in a given circumstance.

Mind you, congratulations on both games, you played well & carried home victory, but due to that, very little tips can be given.

Regarding quickbaby uploads. He only uploads good replays to show what works (or doesn't work regarding enemy tanks) not because he is asking help to improve.

Edited by UrQuan, 23 May 2020 - 06:17 PM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #19 Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:13 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 45749 battles

View Postsaxsan4, on 23 May 2020 - 04:58 PM, said:

also every who has Iiked this is now blocked , no need for toxic players

Excellent :great:

I guess I should be happy?

:D

Edited by Erwin_Von_Braun, 23 May 2020 - 06:13 PM.

Kdingo #20 Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:15 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32344 battles

plus I uploaded these to show an average game of how I play.

I´d like to have the number of his dealer, he must sell dank stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users