Game is less toxic recently, Fourms on the other hand...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

saxsan4 #1 Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:07 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23586 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

Hello,

Has anyone else noticed that the game is much more friendly in battles. I start every game with press k to honk and everyone honks and starts of all happy. Less rage goes on now and everyone seems a bit friendlier. 

Props to WG for the lovely future of honking, has been one of the best micro addictions in recent years 

The fourms on the other hand are much more hostile. A small minority of players post very snide comments, but I am thankful for many who message me saying they enjoy my content. I would like to say I have been on the forums for years, my big thread on British tech tree was even less hostile than this. Before people were just rude but it was funny rude.

Now people hide behind snide remarks liking peoples post but never say anything to me. I SEE ALL OF YOU, very few genuine helpers and when I ask questions they troll me YET  accuse me of trolling. This is not acceptable to me, I am never rude to anyone of you but a small minority think its funny to be rude to me. For example, I said once, about tank rewards and people reply with ' in 22k games you still don't know what tank to pick'. WOW. I was asking for advice ok. Another example is someone posted about being called names in chat and people replying silly comments about why do you care. What are the forums if not to discuss on topic. I think people should take a leaf out of the game and how friendlier its been and not spread so much rudeness around.

This is not about moderators btw, they are very nice people and always keep things under control, this is about a few people who are causing me anxiety 

Mods PLEASE DELATE - I am leaving forums - bye all

Edited by saxsan4, 23 May 2020 - 07:19 PM.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77299 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
This week? Sure. On stage one of the event with cross chat? I would not go that far to say it's.... better in the game always. As honking is retuned by the equal minded... chat less so.

Wintermute_1 #3 Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:27 PM

Major

• Player
  • 54184 battles
The two examples of toxicity you give are pretty tame tbh by the standard of the interwebz. You don't have to pay any attention to anything anyone posts and theres an ignore function that can be used....

saxsan4 #4 Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:28 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23586 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 May 2020 - 05:26 PM, said:

This week? Sure. On stage one of the event with cross chat? I would not go that far to say it's.... better in the game always. As honking is retuned by the equal minded... chat less so.

Yes, honking has brought everyone together, I hope they keep it permanently 

17:28 Added after 0 minute

View PostWintermute_1, on 23 May 2020 - 05:27 PM, said:

The two examples of toxicity you give are pretty tame tbh by the standard of the interwebz. You don't have to pay any attention to anything anyone posts and theres an ignore function that can be used....

thats what gets to me, its small stuff, if someone is rude in chat swearing I laugh, but people are posting small things with digs at me causing me stress. 

General_Jack_D_Ripper #5 Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5109 battles

I love this passive aggressive topic.

Good work!

saxsan4 #6 Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:36 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23586 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostGeneral_Jack_D_Ripper, on 23 May 2020 - 05:34 PM, said:

I love this passive aggressive topic.

Good work!

I am just explain that certain people are very rude but in passive ways. If you understand what I mean. 

ZlatanArKung #7 Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:38 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View Postsaxsan4, on 23 May 2020 - 06:07 PM, said:

Hello,

Has anyone else noticed that the game is much more friendly in battles. I start every game with press k to honk and everyone honks and starts of all happy. Less rage goes on now and everyone seems a bit friendlier. 

Props to WG for the lovely future of honking, has been one of the best micro addictions in recent years 

The fourms on the other hand are much more hostile. A small minority of players post very snide comments, but I am thankful for many who message me saying they enjoy my content. I would like to say I have been on the forums for years, my big thread on British tech tree was even less hostile than this. Before people were just rude but it was funny rude.

Now people hide behind snide remarks liking peoples post but never say anything to me. I SEE ALL OF YOU, very few genuine helpers and when I ask questions they troll me YET  accuse me of trolling. This is not acceptable to me, I am never rude to anyone of you but a small minority think its funny to be rude to me. For example, I said once, about tank rewards and people reply with ' in 22k games you still don't know what tank to pick'. WOW. I was asking for advice ok. Another example is someone posted about being called names in chat and people replying silly comments about why do you care. What are the forums if not to discuss on topic. I think people should take a leaf out of the game and how friendlier its been and not spread so much rudeness around.

This is not about moderators btw, they are very nice people and always keep things under control, this is about a few people who are causing me anxiety 

Roughly 95% of the threads and post are non-constructive, off-topic and/or insults.

Wintermute_1 #8 Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 54184 battles

View Postsaxsan4, on 23 May 2020 - 06:28 PM, said:

Yes, honking has brought everyone together, I hope they keep it permanently 

17:28 Added after 0 minute

thats what gets to me, its small stuff, if someone is rude in chat swearing I laugh, but people are posting small things with digs at me causing me stress. 

Small digs don't break rules in themselves. You just get to ignore them or give the odd dig back. It is the universal truth of internet forums everywhere I'm affraid.

saxsan4 #9 Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:40 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23586 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostWintermute_1, on 23 May 2020 - 05:38 PM, said:

Small digs don't break rules in themselves. You just get to ignore them or give the odd dig back. It is the universal truth of internet forums everywhere I'm affraid.

I know. many I need a break because its those small digs that really stress me out, like if someone is rude and swearing I laugh because why are they so rude. but when its like this, they know how to push my buttons

General_Jack_D_Ripper #10 Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5109 battles

View Postsaxsan4, on 23 May 2020 - 06:36 PM, said:

I am just explain that certain people are very rude but in passive ways. If you understand what I mean. 

Yes, I understand exactly what u mean.

I saw the other thread.

U do it the exact same way here.

Therefore: Great irony, good passive aggressive thread, keep it up.

saxsan4 #11 Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:21 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23586 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

gunslingerXXX #12 Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14791 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View Postsaxsan4, on 23 May 2020 - 07:21 PM, said:

Sry couldn't resist

Desyatnik_Pansy #13 Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:23 PM

Bartender

• 19414 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
I mean.. alright then. Closed at the OP's request.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users