Remove gold ammo, not needed anymore

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Kalonianhydra #1 Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32568 battles
I have now played over 200 games, no gold fired. And I'm still doing pretty much the same as before. So we don't need to have gold in this game.
I have faced many many combinations of tanks and so far it always works out. Sometime you need to approach a match differently then if you have gold. But it will work. I have played tier 9 against tier 10 heavy and that isn't a problem. Of course it will matter what tank you have against what.

But GOLD, PREMIUM or what ever people wants to call it, is not needed. It will, and does work with out it.

Maybe some nerfs to the idiotically over powered tanks could be in order. But otherwise it's fine.

So if you are lazy and pressing the 2 key every time there is a little bigger tank in front of you, then you're doing it wrong.

ZLF111 #2 Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15593 battles
  • [STEAM] STEAM
Try to play every tier tank with stock gun and every match is +2 MM. Then you will see, your statement is so wrong especially in low tier tanks, you just can`t pen your enermy even with gold ammo.

DaniulSims #3 Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11471 battles
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K
I see you have yet to witness the glory that is playing light tanks in half of the current maps.

Kalonianhydra #4 Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32568 battles
I have played the Chinese light tier 9 with stock gun and no gold fired. So no problem there.

Edited by Kalonianhydra, 23 May 2020 - 10:04 PM.

shikaka9 #5 Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 78498 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

Yes! players today are smart they dont need gold ammo anymore, it is useless

p.s.: leve it only for murica server

NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:20 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 36972 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostKalonianhydra, on 23 May 2020 - 09:34 PM, said:

I have now played over 200 games, no gold fired. And I'm still doing pretty much the same as before. So we don't need to have gold in this game.

Equally then it doesn't make any difference if they leave it as it is. :) 

WG will thank you for letting them know they can permanently shelve their ammo rebalance plans. 

Objec7 #7 Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17296 battles
  • [OOUUF] OOUUF

I have faced many many combinations of tanks and so far it always works out. Sometime you need to approach a match differently then if you have gold. But it will work. I have played tier 9 against tier 10 heavy and that isn't a problem. Of course it will matter what tank you have against what.

But GOLD, PREMIUM or what ever people wants to call it, is not needed. It will, and does work with out it.

Maybe some nerfs to the idiotically over powered tanks could be in order. But otherwise it's fine.

So if you are lazy and pressing the 2 key every time there is a little bigger tank in front of you, then you're doing it wrong.

So you are doing good without gold ammo. Why this complaining topic then? Why not let people waste their credits if you do same without gold?

And honestly all this proves is that gold ammo doesn't make you super unicum.

Edited by Objec7, 23 May 2020 - 10:48 PM.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 23 May 2020 - 11:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77299 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

If you never press 2. That means your team is working well to counter for your guns lacking pen. Say your T29 vs a tier 9 super heavy like the Type 4 on the HT lane you are on. If you focus on the Tiger or IS next to him that your gun can pen, and your team deals with the Type 4 for you. Or hold it until you or others can flank it. Then sure. You won't need it.

T32 has the same gun one tier up, and vs the VK 100.01's cupola he has less than a 30% chance to pen it if he can't see the lower plate. And if your top tier HT ignores the VK to fight targets he can deal with as he has no #2. Then who will deal with the VK if all the guns behind the T32 have sub 200 pen?

Kdingo #9 Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:31 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32466 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 May 2020 - 11:05 PM, said:

If you never press 2. That means your team is working well to counter for your guns lacking pen. Say your T29 vs a tier 9 super heavy like the Type 4 on the HT lane you are on. If you focus on the Tiger or IS next to him that your gun can pen, and your team deals with the Type 4 for you. Or hold it until you or others can flank it. Then sure. You won't need it.

T32 has the same gun one tier up, and vs the VK 100.01's cupola he has less than a 30% chance to pen it if he can't see the lower plate. And if your top tier HT ignores the VK to fight targets he can deal with as he has no #2. Then who will deal with the VK if all the guns behind the T32 have sub 200 pen?

The age old topic, people will tell you that you are not supposed to fight higher tiers, cause thats the job of your higher tiers.

That way they literally say "roll over and die when your top tier suck".  Which would raise the question why not to desert right away if you aren't top tier.

The prem ammo arguments will never end, but the irony in the initial post is "new".

VsUK #10 Posted 24 May 2020 - 01:01 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles
As long as this game has players who want to navigate around positional play, tactics & taking the time to aim for weak spots, by looking for a way they can whip out that CC, buy a load of credits or gold & fire away. This game will always have premium ammo. Just like there's a market for people to sell their accounts for games they've just given up on & want to cash in on their hard work. Because as long as there are people who don't want to earn their role in games. There's always a market for it. 

I'm sure if WG could find a way to monetise something, they'll do it.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 24 May 2020 - 06:57 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 36972 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostKdingo, on 24 May 2020 - 12:31 AM, said:

The age old topic, people will tell you that you are not supposed to fight higher tiers, cause thats the job of your higher tiers.

That way they literally say "roll over and die when your top tier suck".  Which would raise the question why not to desert right away if you aren't top tier.

The prem ammo arguments will never end, but the irony in the initial post is "new".

And they would be right to tell you that. It is not the job of the bottom tiers to deal with their top tiers. Your job as the bottom tier is to support your top tier. It's a distinction that many seem not to get. 

etody77 #12 Posted 24 May 2020 - 07:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 80013 battles
  • [JMA] JMA

Why to remove gold ammo? Better make it more more expensive

If some players want to pay for stats, let them pay

It's best way to balance this kind of ammo, and mantain the profit for WG

General_Jack_D_Ripper #13 Posted 24 May 2020 - 08:02 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5109 battles

I drive my Type 4 (140mm gun) AP and HE only.

I wanted to go for japanese Heavy line because of Derp, but I do not like that 150mm gun at all. ANd it has really filthy gold rounds.

Therefore, I go for 140mm gun and after that awful stock gun grind I am now at 2k average damage. I guess I will archieve around 2,2k.

So, while it is completely possible in this tank, in others it is not.

I drive Kranvagen without gold, I do not like switching with magazine tanks.

And it shows. I can feel, that I perform worse in this tank because of the low pen.

Kalonianhydra #14 Posted 24 May 2020 - 08:06 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32568 battles

View Postetody77, on 24 May 2020 - 06:39 AM, said:

Why to remove gold ammo? Better make it more more expensive

If some players want to pay for stats, let them pay

It's best way to balance this kind of ammo, and mantain the profit for WG

Yes, make it available for only gold again, I'm pretty sure the amount of gold ammo that get's fired will drop.

And yes, how much of a chance should a tier 7 have against a tier 9?
Many players seems to want to fight on equal terms no matter what tier their in and what they are facing. But there is still a team, and the teams should be balanced (you can discuss that in the MM thread). So working like a team should be the way to win matches. Too bad though many players just think of them self and always think they are alone against 15 opponents.

chainreact0r #15 Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36244 battles
  • [D4EAM] D4EAM

What are you talking about?

You are a filthy standard ammo spammer stat padding noob. Normal ammo costs FOUR TIMES as much as HE ammo, and there is a big chance the shell will do ZERO DAMAGE. That's 0 damage. HE will always do damage. How can people be so stupid and self obsessed to spam normal ammo and come to the forums and brag about how the game is playable with normal ammo spam when HE is clearly the correct ammo type in every situations. You are throwing away so much money by bouncing standard ammo instead of shooting the 4x cheaper HE ammo that ALWAYS does damage.

Of course you are a wallet warrior as well cause you need to buy fort knox every month to sustain such a despicable act of spamming normal ammo?

People like you absolutely disgust me. The only reason you have the stats you have is cause you never shoot HE. Full standard ammo noob!!!11!

shikaka9 #16 Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:09 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 78498 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

WHY DO WE HAVE TO PAY FOR SHELLS FIRST OF ALL?

its not historical

:P

iraqxlol #17 Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3791 battles

Gold ammo is feature/problem that has planted it's roots deep into the game's core mechanics, It is going stay here whether I/You like it or not.

And these roots are covered in overbuffed abominations and meh map design (Although I like fjords a lot)

Kdingo #18 Posted 24 May 2020 - 10:14 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32466 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 24 May 2020 - 06:57 AM, said:

And they would be right to tell you that. It is not the job of the bottom tiers to deal with their top tiers. Your job as the bottom tier is to support your top tier. It's a distinction that many seem not to get. 

Funny that you only focus on one part and totally ignore the part where those top tiers just die and would leave  othing to support.

After all this is a game, 30 players are thrown in a match, there wouldn't be much point in that if some would just have to roll over and die just cause their higher tiers are horrible.

This kind of team dependency works in pre made teams, not in randoms.

General_Jack_D_Ripper #19 Posted 24 May 2020 - 10:17 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5109 battles

View PostKdingo, on 24 May 2020 - 10:14 AM, said:

Funny that you only focus on one part and totally ignore the part where those top tiers just die and would leave  othing to support.

After all this is a game, 30 players are thrown in a match, there wouldn't be much point in that if some would just have to roll over and die just cause their higher tiers are horrible.

This kind of team dependency works in pre made teams, not in randoms.

I still remember the days without premium ammo, do you?

And if so, do u honestly say he is wrong?

Kdingo #20 Posted 24 May 2020 - 10:25 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32466 battles

View PostGeneral_Jack_D_Ripper, on 24 May 2020 - 10:17 AM, said:

I still remember the days without premium ammo, do you?

And if so, do u honestly say he is wrong?

You mean the pre powercreep, shell dispersion/normalization nerfs, when you could actually reliably hit weakspots?

Yeah remember those days, the old times have been much better. Then wg started to "balance" and create the prem ammo environment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users