New Tech Tree - poor decision?

tech tree

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

nc30_guy #21 Posted 24 May 2020 - 03:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28120 battles

Now seeing far too many of the same tanks in low tier battles not a great thing for new players as many want choice in a game and hiding it away is no real way to give them the experience they need.

Streamlining their way to higher tiers early will only lead to worse battles for the rest of us.

TIGERACE007 #22 Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:08 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16605 battles

View Postkrose_pl, on 24 May 2020 - 01:06 AM, said:

I find new reduced tech tree so damning! Why? What was the point? Work was done already anyway? So many german (and others) tanks from early levels not available - it WAS FUN to start the game with new nation, boring now.

I agree, it was a pretty straightforward tech tree. No idea why they had to dumb it down further. I would however like if they added all the rare and unavailabale tanks for each nation down below the premium ones just so I could see every tank that has ever been available in the game for any specific nation.

apples33d #23 Posted 25 May 2020 - 11:00 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7044 battles

View Postkaneloon, on 24 May 2020 - 03:54 AM, said:

The collector store is for now just a graveyard. Why would anyone pick a tank there ? They have 0 interest.

KV85 and T67 says otherwise

Bulldog_Drummond #24 Posted 25 May 2020 - 11:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37049 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostHomer_J, on 24 May 2020 - 01:12 AM, said:

All the tanks are still available.

While this is of course true, the "collectors tanks" have been tucked away and hidden, and I doubt that 1 new player in 1,000 will ever stumble across them.

This is a pity as there are many very interesting tanks there, which repay further acquaintance, and into which the WG design team has put a lot of time and effort.

dan_dix #25 Posted 25 May 2020 - 11:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22914 battles

It was all so predictable that the low tiers would end up non-existent with this change.

The problem was that low-tiers were a massive slog for new players. Having to buy each new tank, grind through modules, buy new crew at 75%, lose 10 or 20% of crew skills every time you move up, have no equipment of any value whatsoever.... and all that while playing against fully pimped-up 4-skill sealclubers is nobody's idea of fun. Getting to tier 6 was like a "rite of passage" kind of thing where you just have to get your a** spanked for a while to get to the big boy's club.

Of course at the end of the day that situation was all of WG's making. And they could have easily solved it by removing the module grind and equipment and extra crew skills from low tiers and level the playing field. But no, they just hid the problem under the carpet, called it a "too complicated tech tree" and threw away into the bin half of the fun of their own game. They prefer to just throw new players into the meatgrinder at tier 6 in the same helpless position.

Also tagged with tech tree

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users