Banned! LOL

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

VsUK #1 Posted 26 May 2020 - 11:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15370 battles

It's not a laughing matter, nor really am I that bothered about it, it's more the principle of it. Here I was today having just purchased the Progetto 46 elite package with a bunch of gold & what not because every time I come up against that tank, i tend to lose. So if you can't beat them, join them right? Anyways, I was in a platoon & recording my game play to share with the group I was in on Discord. Anyways, towards the end of the battle, I got a pop up saying I have been logged out because I have been banned. I mean, the most annoying part is, I was doing really well & about to turn to tide of the game to a win. Anyways, I contacted support & even gave them the video of me playing the game I was apparently cheating at, that showed the pop up box saying I was banned & asked them to point out at any part of that video or my previous 3 I had made today where I was cheating. They refrained from answering & just posted a reply & closed the ticket with a usual ignorant cop & paste job. 

Luckily for me, I have their UK office address & its not too far from an old school buddy of mine. I'm thinking of paying him a visit to catch up ;) 

Anyways, I've heard a few people have been banned, including a 14 yr old who just spent some birthday money on in game stuff. This game has no soul, along with the staff! 

Discussion on a sanction received in-game.

Recently World of Tanks has performed a massive ban wave on cheaters. You may refer to this forum article for more information.

Getting banned in mid-game does not necessarily mean that you are cheating/ using forbidden modification in that particular game.

To appeal for a sanction received in-game, please contact Player Support.

Thread closed.

~MaxandChloe4ever, Forum Moderator

Edited by MaxandChloe4ever, 27 May 2020 - 02:51 AM.

Private_Miros #2 Posted 26 May 2020 - 11:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29730 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

They should specify why you were banned, whether it was cheating (unlikely) or something like physics abuse or unsportsmanship behaviour (not unrealistic - and can be something you did days ago).

If the first though:

View PostVsUK, on 17 May 2020 - 04:09 PM, said:

When WG stop making money from these players who use illegal mods, then they'll take action. But so far from what the video's suggest of people caught cheating, is they almost always use premium ammo. Far easier to say they've banned a load of people that no one knows or heard of than to actually take action. As they say, denial is far cheaper than the cure! 

Edited by Private_Miros, 26 May 2020 - 11:58 PM.

qpranger #3 Posted 26 May 2020 - 11:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
How long did they ban you for?

Balc0ra #4 Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:01 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77836 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postqpranger, on 26 May 2020 - 11:57 PM, said:

How long did they ban you for?

As this would be his 2nd one. I suspect permanent.

View PostVsUK, on 26 May 2020 - 11:51 PM, said:

Anyways, I contacted support & even gave them the video of me playing the game I was apparently cheating at, that showed the pop up box saying I was banned & asked them to point out at any part of that video or my previous 3 I had made today where I was cheating.

As bans are done in waves, so are their checks. Who says it was anything you did today? It could have been a mod you installed 2 months ago, and they had you on the list until today.

Edited by Balc0ra, 27 May 2020 - 12:03 AM.

apples33d #5 Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:01 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6916 battles
Well, do you cheat or not? I play since the 90's and I've never seen a game with such shadow practice about cheating... 

Some mods are legal some arent, kek, come play Qlive bro, we have cookies. 

Anyway you're obviously too good for WG and they dont care to drop a whale or two at this point, from a newcomer perspective, gonna reinstall warthunder asap, cheers. 

Kdingo #6 Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:02 AM

General

• Player
  • 33334 battles

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 26 May 2020 - 11:55 PM, said:

They should specify why you were banned, whether it was cheating (unlikely) or something like physics abuse or unsportsmanship behaviour (not unrealistic - and can be something you did days ago).

Those bans for unsportmanlike behavior are seriously retarded as it only requires tons of people to report you, play enough games in a row and you may end up banned for a day while doing nothing wrong.

Just disgusting amounts of people love to report in anonymity cause they didn't like how you played, killed them or whatever.

divsmo #7 Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40844 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
Can you not ask your wife to drop them an email?

barison1 #8 Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:03 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 47199 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

so what did you get banned for?

physics abuse? just dont push others out, you wouldnt like it either

mods? well guess ironic then as you been flaming about it in other topics

anyways learn from yer mistakes and dont repeat them in the future

BravelyRanAway #9 Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25755 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postapples33d, on 26 May 2020 - 11:01 PM, said:

Well, do you cheat or not? I play since the 90's and I've never seen a game with such shadow practice about cheating... 

Some mods are legal some arent, kek, come play Qlive bro, we have cookies. 

Anyway you're obviously too good for WG and they dont care to drop a whale or two at this point, from a newcomer perspective, gonna reinstall warthunder asap, cheers. 

So, you complain about cheaters, but when WG do something about it.....you move to another game. Interesting.

kaneloon #10 Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:09 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33207 battles
  • [CROWD] CROWD

Yeah as said Balco I was banned 3 days and it didn't occur before 1 or 2 days after the event (shooting at each other).

I don't think you get a perma ban for just the 2nd time.

Private_Miros #11 Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:10 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29730 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostKdingo, on 26 May 2020 - 11:02 PM, said:

Those bans for unsportmanlike behavior are seriously retarded as it only requires tons of people to report you, play enough games in a row and you may end up banned for a day while doing nothing wrong.

Just disgusting amounts of people love to report in anonymity cause they didn't like how you played, killed them or whatever.

That was an issue at the start of the automated system, but now it seems to work alright. You really need to piss off people enough to have more than a few report you in multiple battles. And it's not possible to just let a clan report someone from garage for it. So even if there's the occasional collateral, I think the fact that rarely any of the superunicums get banned shows that it generally works.

Edited by Private_Miros, 27 May 2020 - 12:16 AM.

Kdingo #12 Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:14 AM

General

• Player
  • 33334 battles

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 27 May 2020 - 12:10 AM, said:

That was an issue at the start of the automated system, but now it seems to work alright. You really need to piss off people because enough report you, in multiple battles. And it's not possible to just let a clan report someone from garage for it. So even if there's the occasional collateral, I think the fact that rarely any of the superunicums get banned shows that it generally works.

So they reworked the system finally... granted i was gone for years so i might remember the "old" system which is  no longer in place.

Captain_Kremen0 #13 Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:18 AM

Major

• Player
  • 40623 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB
History repeating itself

_LongRangeSniper_ #14 Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 41202 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostVsUK, on 10 September 2016 - 02:18 PM, said:

The aimbot I used ONCE & intentionally uploaded a reply with contradictory complaints was to prove a point. A point idiots like you continue to to help prove in part. I don't cheat & the only mod I use is XVM because I like to know what idiots are in my team! 

WG haven't banned me or suspended me for illegal mod use. I was banned for team killing.

I'll fill you in a little. Part of the point I was proving to a select few players was how easily it is to manipulate people's way of thinking & get them to focus on me & as the cause of all the cheating claims. This despite multiple youtube video's clearly proving many top players & clans cheat. If you really want to know who cheats. Download & install the laser mod pack. It basically add's lines to enemy's aiming so you can tell what enemy that is detected is aiming at you. I will remind you though. Auto aim doesn't track you through buildings, hillsides & it locks onto the centre of your tank. Not your turret, your tracks or your weak spots. So, go download it & you will clearly see for yourself. 

But, I was asked to prove a point & I proved it well. Your all ignorant & too easy to blame 1 person that intentionally cheats with a replay as the sole cause of all the cheating in the game. Even one idiot made a youtube video about me, which was sweet but miss informed as it was stated server side games cant be hacked or able to cheat. Yes you can & only idiots with no programming ability say otherwise! 

I guess Wargaming don't have a statute of limitations.

View PostTankGirl_UK, on 10 September 2016 - 07:02 PM, said:

Just for the record. VsUK was proving a point to a group of players. He doesn't cheat, nor does he condone cheating. But, he was asked by us to do a test because he made his views quite clear over a long period of time regarding cheating & aimbotting that he was the perfect candidate.

He downloaded SAE aimbot & used it for a single game & created & uploaded the replay with a complaint. The complaint was left to him to decide. The task was to prove how easily people presume to know facts when in fact they know nothing but assumption. He also proved something that WG do not punish cheating & that was the purpose of the replay with the intention of having it used as evidence against him. WG did nothing, point proven!

Just to put the record strait. SAE aimbot does no longer offer a trial any more. The maker asks for $100 USD to buy a license. Now, do you really think a casual gamer that's got a long history of campaigning against cheating would really be a cheater himself or pay that amount of money for something he's bitterly against?

You people have clearly lost focus of the issue & have a very short memory! You all know cheating exists & you all know in some form that some of the top clans cheat & I bet you have all watched the YouTube video's about it. Yet, your so fixated on 1 single player that used probably the simplest cheat available!

On topic, As for the exp boost! I have a question! If WG do not show the exp you gain for the crew or the bonus these supplies give you. How do you actually know your getting anything? These supplies could just be cosmetic offering the illusion of something!

Anyway, enough with the irrelevant trolling of someone you know perfectly well isn't a gaming cheater. You know perfectly well he has a long history of anti cheating & fingering possible cheaters! Do you not remember the replay he posted to show everyone that someone was clearly cheating. 12k+ stats. Over 150K games played with a win rate over 77%. Do you not remember how many kills & the damage that player did during the game. How he killed tanks not even detected & even his own team mates asked everyone to report him for cheating during the game? Finally, do you remember how long that post lasted for & the replay? It took less than 30 minutes for the post & the replay that was uploaded to vanish!

So, don't even try & accuse someone that's done just about everything he can to combat cheating. You know perfectly well he doesn't. History speaks & you're clearly ignoring the history & fixating on the something that was done to prove a point. 1 single game. 1 free trial of an aimbot & this is how you treat someone who would love nothing more than to have the mods folder removed completely so everyone plays on an equal footing!

Think people for christ sake! Stop jumping on the first few people to start all this off, which I would like to point out. Have a history of accusations of cheating themselves! What a way to divert the attention away from them by focusing it on someone who doesn't!

You want to check out the latest case. This needs your defence skills in court.

GodTank2 #15 Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11348 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
go cry at their offices lol

BravelyRanAway #16 Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:23 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25755 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 26 May 2020 - 11:18 PM, said:

I guess Wargaming don't have a statute of limitations.

You want to check out the latest case. This needs your defence skills in court.

LOL...that post by T_G................bahahahahahaaa!:D

kubawt112 #17 Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Seems like they just can't get over you, because this seems like a deja vu.

Fine, past history aside, and in all seriousness: Would you mind volunteering what sort of ban you got this time around? It would likely be in the interest of whomever would happen to share your fate. While I assume you did not manage to clear your name the last time, whatever that was about, it would now appear that you got a more serious ban (?). While it would be surprising, considering you are indeed posting still, was it in fact permanent?

While the forum rules likely prevent you from doing so, publically anyway, it would likely be prudent to send documentation to someone that were curious about your case. I'd be more than happy to have a look at a screenshot or two, and second your statements.

Regardless, I'm sure you understand that a replay made you prove you did not, in fact, cheat, would hardly count for much. That's before even considering how typical "anti-cheat" systems work, which is certainly not banning instantly. Before you, or anyone else asks, I assume that the matter is about cheating - commonplace behaviour in WoT would suggest that mere "unsportsmanlike conduct" would not qualify for a permanent ban.

Balc0ra #18 Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:31 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77836 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postkaneloon, on 27 May 2020 - 12:09 AM, said:

Yeah as said Balco I was banned 3 days and it didn't occur before 1 or 2 days after the event (shooting at each other).

I don't think you get a perma ban for just the 2nd time.

For mod usage, then you only get two chances. And he already used up one 4 years ago.

View Postkubawt112, on 27 May 2020 - 12:25 AM, said:

Fine, past history aside, and in all seriousness: Would you mind volunteering what sort of ban you got this time around? It would likely be in the interest of whomever would happen to share your fate. While I assume you did not manage to clear your name the last time, whatever that was about, it would now appear that you got a more serious ban

He did mention the word "cheat". So I suspect it's the same again. Last time he came here to complain about arty hacking, posted a replay in his T69 with a sight that "jumped around" if you will.

Edited by Balc0ra, 27 May 2020 - 12:36 AM.

Bulldog_Drummond #19 Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:40 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36271 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT
When struck by a thunderbolt it is unnecessary to consult the Book of Dates as to the precise meaning of the omen.

Kdingo #20 Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:51 AM

General

• Player
  • 33334 battles

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 27 May 2020 - 12:40 AM, said:

When struck by a thunderbolt it is unnecessary to consult the Book of Dates as to the precise meaning of the omen.

In this case just read in your boiling guts to find the precise meaning of the omen like a proper oracle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users