Berbo #5 Posted 27 May 2020 - 02:22 PM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 34147 battles

View Post__R4v3n_, on 27 May 2020 - 11:20 AM, said:

Who cares, with your OP tanks ...

View Postnando2u, on 27 May 2020 - 11:02 AM, said:

I gues not so many cares about !

You'd be surprised how many care, I do love it personally. :)

Without rushing to say it's this or that, I invite you to check it and who knows, you may like it.

Cheers

H4NI #6 Posted 27 May 2020 - 04:15 PM

Major

• Player
  • 46297 battles
  • [O-S-C] O-S-C

View Post__R4v3n_, on 27 May 2020 - 11:20 AM, said:

Who cares, with your OP tanks ...

damn, you must be so triggered with the event to come in the topic you don't care about to write that you don't care about it.

:(

Lorensoth #7 Posted 27 May 2020 - 04:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24506 battles
  • [JSTCE] JSTCE

Funny even on event art, shows 907 vs chief, supported by another 907, ebr.. Even Is7 and 277 had to hide behind there.. They exactly know how unbalanced their game is due said few tanks but they just don't care.

Its like they shouting "If you don't have chief or 907 by now, well, sux to be you" WG Logic at its best.

Weak_man #8 Posted 27 May 2020 - 07:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9548 battles
  • [AMURG] AMURG

View PostLorensoth, on 27 May 2020 - 05:18 PM, said:

Funny even on event art, shows 907 vs chief, supported by another 907, ebr.. Even Is7 and 277 had to hide behind there.. They exactly know how unbalanced their game is due said few tanks but they just don't care.

Its like they shouting "If you don't have chief or 907 by now, well, sux to be you" WG Logic at its best.

No problem, they will nerf progetto 65 because T95/FV4201 have problem againts progettos in ranked.

guest273 #9 Posted 28 May 2020 - 01:17 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37707 battles

Did that guy in the image wear a green screen? The complexion is identical on each shirt :D

Edit: Regarding the event

How were these 6 clans chosen? What's the format 7v7 10v10 15v15? I'm blind I don't see that anywhere.
And if it's 7v7 maybe next time use the current tournament page so some new stars can join the top? Again it's the same, top players getting fed bonds and gold, only R4YD is a new face.

Edited by guest273, 28 May 2020 - 01:22 PM.

Miepie #10 Posted 28 May 2020 - 01:31 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 6393 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postguest273, on 28 May 2020 - 01:17 PM, said:

only R4YD is a new face.

Is it, though? Looks an awful lot like a De-Vi B-Team to me. :sceptic:

guest273 #11 Posted 28 May 2020 - 01:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37707 battles

View PostMiepie, on 28 May 2020 - 12:31 PM, said:

Is it, though? Looks an awful lot like a De-Vi B-Team to me. :sceptic:

Lol. That's even better :teethhappy:

Dwigt #12 Posted 28 May 2020 - 03:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• WG Staff
  • 1519 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postguest273, on 28 May 2020 - 12:17 PM, said:

Did that guy in the image wear a green screen? The complexion is identical on each shirt :D

Edit: Regarding the event

How were these 6 clans chosen? What's the format 7v7 10v10 15v15? I'm blind I don't see that anywhere.
And if it's 7v7 maybe next time use the current tournament page so some new stars can join the top? Again it's the same, top players getting fed bonds and gold, only R4YD is a new face.

Special ability to stand still :teethhappy:

You can have all the info in the link below.

It's going to be a 15v15 format.

https://worldoftanks...vals-2020-ep-1/

View PostLorensoth, on 27 May 2020 - 03:18 PM, said:

Well these tanks are in fact given to the top clan players. It's more like "If you want to these tanks you'll have to be earn them" 

Also important FYI, Global Map will be frozen from 30.05 (03:00 UTC) until 01.06 (03:00 UTC) due to the Clan Rivals event.

Keyhand #13 Posted 28 May 2020 - 06:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Clan Diplomat
  • 68632 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View Postguest273, on 28 May 2020 - 01:17 PM, said:

Regarding the event

The format is 15v15 with 150 tierpoints, otherwise no tankrestrictions as this event has a strong connection to the Clan Wars event "Dawn of Industry"

The 6 Teams we are left with at this point took part in a qualification tournament after the campaign (apart from those who qualified directly via their Dawn of Industry campaign placements)

In those qualification tournaments, basically everyone could participate with the restriction of having played a certain number of battles during the aforementioned campaign.

As for those qualification tournaments, the tournament page is indeed used -> Link to that

The only reason for this last stage of this event to take place this far after the end of the campaign is because the last part had to be delayed due to Covid-19 related issues.

Other than that, I can not really follow your criticism as you are basing it off wrong assumptions.

First, as outlined before, the minimum requirements to take part were pretty low, indicating it is not "top players getting fed" but instead skill, dedication and commitment being rewarded.

Second, if you check the players in R4YD you will see they were mostly playing for one Clan which is still in the tournament with another team still - a new new name does not mean new players.

Third, If you want "new stars" to join the top, I would recommend you start training up with friends and challenge those who play at this competitive level.

TheMaroko1337 #14 Posted 29 May 2020 - 12:45 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17197 battles

Hope DEVI wont choke so we can have a good competition to watch

guest273 #15 Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:06 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37707 battles

View PostKeyhand, on 28 May 2020 - 05:22 PM, said:

The only reason for this last stage of this event to take place this far after the end of the campaign is because the last part had to be delayed due to Covid-19 related issues.

This is what I had forgotten, that they postponed a tournament. I though they just pulled 1 right out the blue to meme on "good but not quite pro" players.

Other than that, I can not really follow your criticism as you are basing it off wrong assumptions.

First, as outlined before, the minimum requirements to take part were pretty low, indicating it is not "top players getting fed" but instead skill, dedication and commitment being rewarded.

Wasn't this the tournament where the artificial restriction of "all players in team must have played X battles in clan during CW event" led to a situation where in 2 different playoff finals 1 team got disqualified while another got placed the winner because of similar circumstances or smth like that? Like 2 teams had players that were reserve but not in the clan?

Second, if you check the players in R4YD you will see they were mostly playing for one Clan which is still in the tournament with another team still - a new new name does not mean new players.

This got pointed out to me in a previous post.

Third, If you want "new stars" to join the top, I would recommend you start training up with friends and challenge those who play at this competitive level.

Your recommending me to join a clan outside a CW season where it's possible to earn reward tanks :/

(The bold is stuck for some reason, can't cancel aaaaaaaa :D)

See the things I am criticizing are that:
1) In order to win c a s h you MUST be in a clan

That's like saying in order to be a pro chess player you currently need to be in a chess club. B r u h

2) 15v15 / 10v10 formats. Good ESL needs:
    a) Memorable names. I recognize like 10 people total among these 6 teams and recognize means "I think this guy was in last years tournament too". 7v7 imo (and 5v5) because of this was a better format. It felt like individual players mattered more.
Now it just feels like rock paper scissors where the only factors are: which side is better for camping + arty play / and which for aggressive play? How much of the map can we lock down and how constantly can we keep enemy lit for our arty superiority.
It feels like in these 15v15 formats there's a lot of "taking 1 for the team" and mostly the plays EBR's and FC's make matter.

b) Continuity:
3) €3000 + 15x €100 in 1 big tournament that happens once a year Instead of making smaller tournaments lets say each 2 weeks where it would be like 1st place 400, 2nd place 200, 3rd place 100 for example.
Edit1: I have to clarify that this prize pool would be for like 5v5, of-course 15v15 to win 100 bucks makes no sense.
And at the end of the year making a tournament where all the 1st place teams qualify automatically and teams placed 2-8 on these tournaments get to battle out again (+ maybe some new teams can try to join) idk.
4) Also having no tank bans doesn't help.

I just got 2 ideas when writing about 4).

I. Maybe each team can ban 2-3 tanks the enemy team cannot choose. The Chieftan / 279e / EBR meta is not enjoyable to spectate.

II. Special game mode mono battles where it's 7v7 and you can play solo or in platoon and the whole team gets matched with the same tank. Like one team has 7 Progetto's other team 7 Defenders etc. Make this a fun mode.

Edited by guest273, 29 May 2020 - 02:11 AM.

Keyhand #16 Posted 29 May 2020 - 08:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Clan Diplomat
  • 68632 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View Postguest273, on 29 May 2020 - 02:06 AM, said:

A) Wasn't this the tournament where the artificial restriction of "all players in team must have played X battles in clan during CW event" led to a situation where in 2 different playoff finals 1 team got disqualified while another got placed the winner because of similar circumstances or smth like that? Like 2 teams had players that were reserve but not in the clan?

B)Your recommending me to join a clan outside a CW season where it's possible to earn reward tanks :/

See the things I am criticizing are that:
C) In order to win c a s h you MUST be in a clan

That's like saying in order to be a pro chess player you currently need to be in a chess club. B r u h

D) 15v15 / 10v10 formats. Good ESL needs:
    a) Memorable names. I recognize like 10 people total among these 6 teams and recognize means "I think this guy was in last years tournament too". 7v7 imo (and 5v5) because of this was a better format. It felt like individual players mattered more.
Now it just feels like rock paper scissors where the only factors are: which side is better for camping + arty play / and which for aggressive play? How much of the map can we lock down and how constantly can we keep enemy lit for our arty superiority.
It feels like in these 15v15 formats there's a lot of "taking 1 for the team" and mostly the plays EBR's and FC's make matter.

b) Continuity:
E) €3000 + 15x €100 in 1 big tournament that happens once a year Instead of making smaller tournaments lets say each 2 weeks where it would be like 1st place 400, 2nd place 200, 3rd place 100 for example.
Edit1: I have to clarify that this prize pool would be for like 5v5, of-course 15v15 to win 100 bucks makes no sense.
And at the end of the year making a tournament where all the 1st place teams qualify automatically and teams placed 2-8 on these tournaments get to battle out again (+ maybe some new teams can try to join) idk.
F) Also having no tank bans doesn't help.
I just got 2 ideas when writing about 4).
I. Maybe each team can ban 2-3 tanks the enemy team cannot choose. The Chieftan / 279e / EBR meta is not enjoyable to spectate.
II. Special game mode mono battles where it's 7v7 and you can play solo or in platoon and the whole team gets matched with the same tank. Like one team has 7 Progetto's other team 7 Defenders etc. Make this a fun mode.

I put letters in front of your points so the responses make more sense ;)

A) In the team that got disqualified, the players which did not fit the requirements actually played, whereas in the team that did not get disqualified, the player did not participate in battles

Obviously once a team gets disqualified, the opposing Clan gets to advance.

Admin decision was made here as per tournament rules which everyone agrees to prior to playing.

B) I am recommending that in order to participate in tournaments like this on a competitive level like this one should not just join clans for CW tanks.

If you do not want to take part in clan life thats fine but dont expect to be part of the competitive top if you dont.

That being said, if you join a Clan only for getting your hands on a rewardtank you are missing out on quite a lot of other fun stuff that Clans are just a platform for

C) The difference being here that your comparison is inherently flawed as chess is a singleplayer game. If you want to earn cash as a football player you are not going to do it by yourself either - you will need to enlist in a team.

D)
a)I do not have exact numbers but I would say at least 90% of the players that are part of the group stage now also played the last Clan Rivals tournament.

As this tournament is basically an extension of the Dawn of Industry Campaign, obviously it should and will take place in the 15v15 mode.

I dont get your problem with "taking one for the team" though - this mode is centered around teamplay with the goal being the win and I would 10/10 times sacrifice my own tank if that gives my team a good shot at winning.

Also, it feels to me like you have not quite understood what the implication of this tournament being linked to the Campaign means - normally there are 2 campaigns a year which means 2 tournaments as well.

This obviously means the information game as well as FC decisions have a big impact on the outcome of the games although raw playerskill can have a huge impact as well.

Obviously, there would be other ways to organize this but keep in mind for most people including the players you see onstream, WoT is a hobby they do a few evenings a night when they want to and not a job where they have to turn up evening after evening.

If you have such problems with the format and or the frequency, I would suggest you organize a tournament - like Svitman did very recently - his tournament was actually very well received by everyone.

E) Please consider the money is not the only prize - there is hardware stuff given out as well.

F) While I agree that having Techtreetanks/ no EBR makes for very enjoyable games to watch, running a tournament based off a campaign and then banning the rewards for the campaign in the tournament makes little to no sense for me.

I) see F)

II) see the last line of D)

guest273 #17 Posted 30 May 2020 - 03:29 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37707 battles

View PostKeyhand, on 29 May 2020 - 07:47 PM, said:

A) In the team that got disqualified, the players which did not fit the requirements actually played, whereas in the team that did not get disqualified, the player did not participate in battles

Obviously once a team gets disqualified, the opposing Clan gets to advance.

Admin decision was made here as per tournament rules which everyone agrees to prior to playing.

Okay, fair enough.

B) I am recommending that in order to participate in tournaments like this on a competitive level like this one should not just join clans for CW tanks.

If you do not want to take part in clan life thats fine but dont expect to be part of the competitive top if you dont.

That being said, if you join a Clan only for getting your hands on a rewardtank you are missing out on quite a lot of other fun stuff that Clans are just a platform for

The problem with ME joining clans is that:
a) I have an extensive clan history: https://wotlabs.net/eu/player/guest273
b) The way this extensive clan history was made in simple 4 steps:
1) I'm clanless and 1 of the 300 players form my contact list sees this. He messages me: "Hey join our clan [ABCDE], we're doing SH / Advances / blabla - you will get boosters etc."
2) I tell my friend beforehand - expect 0 activity from me in SH as I don't enjoy the mode at all.
Tier X 15v15 because tactical rock paper scissors that I discussed before.
Tier VIII because Defender / Somua SM 'weakspots' / Progetto & EBR spam - basically ONLY premium tanks - but this would be the most likely tier I would probably try, just whats the point - play T8 to make credits, need to spam APCR's to give Defender a weakspot since WG failed to do so. - Legit if they would remove 20/30 mm armor from Defender, Chrysler, LT432 and Somua tier 8 would be fixed in SH at least imo. And as much as I hate to say it also removing Progettos gun rammer :/
Tier 6 because I still have flashbacks of O-I camps on Mountain Pass, other than that it's 7v7 quick yolo battles most of the time + the skill based clan MM trys to make it 50/50 (unless you are legit the NR1 team on EU and cannot be balanced). It was fun while you could get 7/10 or 8/10 bad teams vs you as in the quick gunfights you would still win and once in a while some team would pull a "special" tactics on you. With getting good teams vs good teams it's drastically pulled to 50/50 and super standardized meta plays.

3) My friend say's it's ok. They don't ask any SH activity at all.
4) 2-3 weeks later I'm excluded from clan because no SH activity.

And yeah, joining a clan 1 week before CW event be like:
"Hey man, why do you switch clans each 3-4 weeks?"
"Because they lied to me about no SH requirements and then were mad that I have 0 SH battles"

These recruitment discussions be like: "pLeAsE bEliEvE mE iTs ThEm wHo iS sTuPid."

So yeah, now I'm gonna sit clanless till the next Campaign and get 3-4 clan invites daily clogging up my notifications.

C) The difference being here that your comparison is inherently flawed as chess is a singleplayer game. If you want to earn cash as a football player you are not going to do it by yourself either - you will need to enlist in a team.

You missed my point a bit. Let's try again.
Why is CS:GO and Dota2 E-sports more successful than WoT?
Yes, they are all different games.

But in 5v5 you can get attached more to individual players as individual plays stand out / matter more.

Yes, to win a 5v5 tournament, the 5 of you still need to team-play, choose proper setups etc.

I was looking for this gem game and I found it:

39:46
Amazing to watch. This is what gets the viewers pumped.

Not that 15v15 let's split map into two sides and put 279e behind a house so they can't push lololol

D)
a)I do not have exact numbers but I would say at least 90% of the players that are part of the group stage now also played the last Clan Rivals tournament.

As this tournament is basically an extension of the Dawn of Industry Campaign, obviously it should and will take place in the 15v15 mode.

I dont get your problem with "taking one for the team" though - this mode is centered around teamplay with the goal being the win and I would 10/10 times sacrifice my own tank if that gives my team a good shot at winning.

Also, it feels to me like you have not quite understood what the implication of this tournament being linked to the Campaign means - normally there are 2 campaigns a year which means 2 tournaments as well.

This obviously means the information game as well as FC decisions have a big impact on the outcome of the games although raw playerskill can have a huge impact as well.

Obviously, there would be other ways to organize this but keep in mind for most people including the players you see onstream, WoT is a hobby they do a few evenings a night when they want to and not a job where they have to turn up evening after evening.

If you have such problems with the format and or the frequency, I would suggest you organize a tournament - like Svitman did very recently - his tournament was actually very well received by everyone.

I don't get your problem with "taking one for the team" though - maybe i've been playing too many 2v2 / 3v3 / 5v5 standard wg tournaments, but taking one for the team is not a good play, yet in 15v15 it's almost mandatory to make any progress towards a flank. It's just not exciting game play for the player to be 1st tank in a wolfpack, get focused down and watch the remaining 5 min game in spectator mode.

Yeah, that no EBR tournament was great. That + the delay of this tournament is what got me confused why EBR's are suddenly allowed again.

E) Please consider the money is not the only prize - there is hardware stuff given out as well.

I did say above I was blind :hiding:

F) While I agree that having Techtreetanks/ no EBR makes for very enjoyable games to watch, running a tournament based off a campaign and then banning the rewards for the campaign in the tournament makes little to no sense for me.

^ They should do more of those, we can agree on that. Better for viewers and better for players.

I) see F)

II) see the last line of D)
Gotta grow a bit in popularity beforehand tho.

The things that get me really upset when it comes to tournaments are:

1) Limited registrations.
This really pisses me off. That Dakillzor 7v7 (or was it 5v5) tier 7 tournament - I wanted to f r e a k i n g play that. Tier 7 was such a good tier for tournament those 3-4 months when it existed. So one day WG just announces - btw today you can watch a stream for this 7v7 Dakillzor tournament. I was immediately like - oh sheeet, time to call the boyz, to make a team and... where can you register ? WG ? WG what's this? B e t r a y a l ? And Daki gave like 7/10 prize tanks to his players / opponent teams and his subscribed viewers had bigger chance to get the remaining 3 lololololol - I still remember the comments people left on the forum - watched for 4h straight hoping to get Progetto 46 / Type 59. Got middle finger instead as he gave out rewards to his opponents - like how were these opponents even chosen. Were these teams handpicked? Sure, I can also make my own tournament and only invite my friends and stream it and then give 70% of the rewards to them.

And clan only events are kind-of in the same bowl. It's like you can't join this marathon if you don't wear Nike / Addidas. But yeah it makes sense if you played CW together and afterwards do the tournament together.

2) OP tanks (Cash tanks) allowed in tournaments. T6/8 suffer from this as 85M and Defener/IS-3A/703/E75/Somua SM/Chrysler/E75/Progetto 46 - daaaamn that a lot of broken tanks for a single tier wg? are just way better than their regular counterparts. Makes no sense to play IS-3 when you can just have a paid version that shoots 3 shots. bUt AcCuRaCy - yeah, if you miss 30-50 meter brawl distance shots then WG really hates you.

And tier X everyone knows about the reward tank issue.

Everyone should get a fair playing field. I don't care how. Maybe you can have a rental IS-3A for tournaments or just ban tanks like that all together from joining.

3) No group stage rewards.
Yeah I know, to win a final you need 11 wins in a row or so, it's just anti climactic to win 6 matches, lose 1, still get nothing for your effort and wasted 1h of your life.

And I really don't want the 1st issue to fester. Different tournaments = YAY. Don't make them gated. Not nation gated / not clan gated / definitely not registration gated.

Edit1: Sorry for the long posts. It's way shorter and more organized in my head, I just feel obliged to explain why I think the way I think providing examples etc. You know, so this wouldn't be another helpless internet discussion where both of the parties gain no new perspectives.

Edited by guest273, 30 May 2020 - 03:33 PM.

Keyhand #18 Posted 30 May 2020 - 10:31 PM

Lieutenant General

• Clan Diplomat
  • 68632 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View Postguest273, on 30 May 2020 - 03:29 PM, said:

The things that get me really upset when it comes to tournaments are:

1) Limited registrations.
This really pisses me off. That Dakillzor 7v7 (or was it 5v5) tier 7 tournament - I wanted to f r e a k i n g play that. Tier 7 was such a good tier for tournament those 3-4 months when it existed. So one day WG just announces - btw today you can watch a stream for this 7v7 Dakillzor tournament. I was immediately like - oh sheeet, time to call the boyz, to make a team and... where can you register ? WG ? WG what's this? B e t r a y a l ? And Daki gave like 7/10 prize tanks to his players / opponent teams and his subscribed viewers had bigger chance to get the remaining 3 lololololol - I still remember the comments people left on the forum - watched for 4h straight hoping to get Progetto 46 / Type 59. Got middle finger instead as he gave out rewards to his opponents - like how were these opponents even chosen. Were these teams handpicked? Sure, I can also make my own tournament and only invite my friends and stream it and then give 70% of the rewards to them.

And clan only events are kind-of in the same bowl. It's like you can't join this marathon if you don't wear Nike / Addidas. But yeah it makes sense if you played CW together and afterwards do the tournament together.

2) OP tanks (Cash tanks) allowed in tournaments. T6/8 suffer from this as 85M and Defener/IS-3A/703/E75/Somua SM/Chrysler/E75/Progetto 46 - daaaamn that a lot of broken tanks for a single tier wg? are just way better than their regular counterparts. Makes no sense to play IS-3 when you can just have a paid version that shoots 3 shots. bUt AcCuRaCy - yeah, if you miss 30-50 meter brawl distance shots then WG really hates you.

And tier X everyone knows about the reward tank issue.

Everyone should get a fair playing field. I don't care how. Maybe you can have a rental IS-3A for tournaments or just ban tanks like that all together from joining.

3) No group stage rewards.
Yeah I know, to win a final you need 11 wins in a row or so, it's just anti climactic to win 6 matches, lose 1, still get nothing for your effort and wasted 1h of your life.

And I really don't want the 1st issue to fester. Different tournaments = YAY. Don't make them gated. Not nation gated / not clan gated / definitely not registration gated.

Edit1: Sorry for the long posts. It's way shorter and more organized in my head, I just feel obliged to explain why I think the way I think providing examples etc. You know, so this wouldn't be another helpless internet discussion where both of the parties gain no new perspectives.

I guess in the end what we can agree on is that the more tournaments the merrier - I do enjoy playing and watching competitive gaming myself.

As for this particular tournament I am very happy with the way it is set up - keeping to the theme of CW mostly that is.

As I mentioned before, the requirements were actually VERY low to participate - 5 games played during the last campaign is really nothing if you think about it.

That all being said, I have to admit I did not follow the tier 7 tournament you mentioned so I cannot comment other than saying that it obviously is in the interest of the streamers involved to push people into subscribing - daki for example is making his living by streaming so I would say something like that is perfectly reasonable.

About certain tanks being OP: In CW-related tournaments like this I prefer seeing the same tanks as in CW, in different tournaments it is interesting to see other metas evolve.

Regarding lower tiers, the issues are certainly viable but as soon as you start making restrictions, where do you stop?

Next, people might feel treated unfairly because team1 has 6skill-Crews because they have gold to transfer them over for a tournament so you ban that?

It is always easy to call out problems, coming up with sensible solutions to them is a whole different thing.

guest273 #19 Posted 31 May 2020 - 02:55 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37707 battles

View PostKeyhand, on 30 May 2020 - 09:31 PM, said:

As I mentioned before, the requirements were actually VERY low to participate - 5 games played during the last campaign is really nothing if you think about it.

Easy FAME life I guess - when you have all the reward tanks.

That all being said, I have to admit I did not follow the tier 7 tournament you mentioned so I cannot comment other than saying that it obviously is in the interest of the streamers involved to push people into subscribing - daki for example is making his living by streaming so I would say something like that is perfectly reasonable.

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/april-fools-tournament-2020/

MATCH SETTINGS

• 10v10
  • Tier VII only
  • Battle time: 10 min
  • Attack/Defence
  • A maximum of one E 25 per team
  • A maximum of one Arty per team
  • A maximum of two of the same tanks

10v10, but still, it has special tank pick rules, would have loved to play that. Ofc finding 9 other players to form a team would probably take about a week beforehand to make sure everyone is free at that day / time. 

About certain tanks being OP: In CW-related tournaments like this I prefer seeing the same tanks as in CW, in different tournaments it is interesting to see other metas evolve.

Regarding lower tiers, the issues are certainly viable but as soon as you start making restrictions, where do you stop?

Next, people might feel treated unfairly because team1 has 6skill-Crews because they have gold to transfer them over for a tournament so you ban that?

It is always easy to call out problems, coming up with sensible solutions to them is a whole different thing.

Well, the king of OP on tier 8 is IS-3A, you simply cannot beat the ability to shoot 3 shells for no real drawback. So a solution: A maximum of 0 IS-3A's allowed. The other tanks at least have some minor drawbacks.
For the crews - They are giving out crew-books as rewards for different modes (Berlin, battle pass), if they do it constantly enough ... or if you can farm lump sums of 2M credits for the silver crewbooks ...

For the question "where do you stop" I feel like the correct answer is 2 steps forward, 1 step back - aka you go too far first and then start allowing tanks 'back in'.
Just ban all premium tanks at first, then un-ban the ones that people never complained about, like Škoda T27, Lorr 40, Scrop G, Su130PM etc.

I think the devs / tournament organizers have access to data which tanks where picked by each team each round? I would love if that data got released in some way - it would be possible to make iterations, such as I mentioned before, like:

Iteration 1 (no premium tanks allowed) ---> most picked tanks (example): 1) IS-3 2) Caernarvon 3) Amx 50100 4) Pantera P44 5) 53TP
Iteration 2 (all standard tanks + Škoda T27, Lorr 40, Scrop G, Su130PM---> most picked tanks (example): 1) Caernarvon 2) IS-3 3) Škoda T27 4) Pantera P44 5) Lorr 40
Iteration 3 ...

If they (WG) would re-add group stage rewards, make this a "experimental tournament" like each Friday at the same time and publish gathered data after each tournament - I think some unique trends could be noticed. You could see how the meta shifts. Current tournament schedule is quite static for the most part. This one I mean (
https://worldoftanks.eu/en/tournaments/all/#wot&w_s=registration_started-upcoming-registration_finished-running)

Of course I don't know how difficult managing that tournament page is - I'd really love a developer diaries type of video on that.

TheMaroko1337 #20 Posted 31 May 2020 - 05:04 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17197 battles

15 vs 15 is not interesting at all, the games are too fast. This is not the format where you can see the essence of World of Tanks.

5 vs 5 or 7 vs 7 are way more interesting, tactical, easier to follow specially for new players. I feel like with these formats (specially with banning the reward tanks and EBR) more teams could challenge (i didn't say they can beat them) the top teams.

But i would keep a competition with all tanks allowed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users