• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Dwigt #1 Posted 27 May 2020 - 04:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• WG Staff
  • 1519 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Greetings commanders,

I am trying this new concept on the EN forum inspired by the French forum.

I'll be collecting all of your questions in the coming days and I'll get back to you with some answers.

It goes without saying, not all the questions will be answered but I will try to answer as many as I can within the limits of confidentiality.

I will be mainly re sharing information and past announcements from our different channels and will not be revealing future leaks or answer questions like "when will this tank be sold on the shop".

The thread will be pinned in the announcement section so feel free to ask or suggest anything that comes to your mind.

Hopefully this concept this will improve the communication. Let's see how it goes!

Looking forward to hearing your questions and may the RNG gods grant you their blessings. :honoring:

Trudgery #2 Posted 25 June 2020 - 08:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 58984 battles
  • [NEZO] NEZO

Hi Dwigt

Are any more multinational tanks planned (Rudy is the only one at present I think).

efs0sajeti #3 Posted 26 June 2020 - 12:43 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1102 battles

View PostDwigt, on 27 May 2020 - 04:01 PM, said:

Greetings commanders,

I am trying this new concept on the EN forum inspired by the French forum.

I'll be collecting all of your questions in the coming days and I'll get back to you with some answers.

It goes without saying, not all the questions will be answered but I will try to answer as many as I can within the limits of confidentiality.

I will be mainly re sharing information and past announcements from our different channels and will not be revealing future leaks or answer questions like "when will this tank be sold on the shop".

The thread will be pinned in the announcement section so feel free to ask or suggest anything that comes to your mind.

Hopefully this concept this will improve the communication. Let's see how it goes!

Looking forward to hearing your questions and may the RNG gods grant you their blessings. :honoring:

Wow,you sure did get a lot of positive feedback on this. We can see here how WoT is growing. My question is why you guys dont start really listening to us players and implementing the changes that we want before your servers look like this thread?

Desyatnik_Pansy #4 Posted 26 June 2020 - 03:39 AM

Bartender

• 19766 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

I'll ask some questions related to what I tend to mess with in modding and all; customisation features:

-are there any plans to include a transparent set of camouflages (as is done on World of Tanks Console), or to make paints themselves offer camouflage bonus (non-stacking) so you can actually use the paint customisation feature without it often just.. being pointless, since even camouflages that use transparency usually only look good with a few specific paints.

-we've seen a lot of 3D Styles being implemented, mostly at Tier X Or on Premium tanks. Are there plans to try to expand this to more tech tree vehicles below Tier X, like we see with the two IS-3 Styles (Pike and Montu) or the new T30 Assault Kit style. I would love to see more historically-inspired 3D Styles for mid-tier tanks such as the Tiger I, Cromwell, M4A3E8, or imagine something like the Shot'Kal, Magach or Tiran styles for the Centurions, Pattons or T-54/T-55As respectively (the 430U Style is based on a Tiran, but a proper T-54/T-55 Would look so much better).

-are WG Aware that some tanks have particularly dated textures, even since being updated to HD, such as the T-55A, Obj. 260 Or the more recently available Obj. 777 II. Are there any plans to potentially update the textures for such tanks? I recall that while they were still updating new tanks from SD, they went and updated textures on some tanks such as the Churchill I, M4 Sherman, Tiger I And Panther, but I can't recall the last time they updated an already HD Model since every tank transitioned to HD (and while I love 3D Styles, I unfortunately feel like they'd rather just give a tank a 3D Style than updated the base textures (some 3D Styles such as the IS-7 Or 13 90 NY Styles have modified, better textures even ignoring the new custom materials).

-with the generic custom look styles (Made in NationNation Assault and Nation School), we've seen some camouflages receive alternative palettes. In particular, one of my favourites is modifying one of the Swedish summer patterns into a winter pattern for one of the styles. Could this possibly be used to expand the limited camouflages options for nations such as Italy, Japan, Sweden, Poland and Czechoslovakia? Or perhaps simply add new camouflages for these nations?

Oh and, obviously, Swiss tanks when:trollface:

leggasiini #5 Posted 26 June 2020 - 09:39 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18640 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

1.  Since you mentioned that Japanese TDs won't be released in 2020, are they planned for next year (2021)? Will the branch be similar to one in WoT Blitz or should we expect something different?

2.1.  It's now been a year since the Type 5 Heavy (and other Japanese super-heavy tanks alongside with it) was nerfed, how does it perform now a year after? The nerf to the 15 cm HE gun was definitely necessary in my opinion, it was the the biggest issue with the tank and I think it was a good change. 14 cm AP gun was finally made more usable, which was also a great change, even though I still feel like it needed a little more. However, I feel like that leaving the armor layout untouched made the tank frustrating to play for the majority of the playerbase. This leaves me with another question:

2.2.  Are there plans to change the armor layout of the Japanese super-heavies so that they are more enjoyable to play and more enjoyable to play against? In my personal opinion, the general problem with the armor of the Type 5 Heavy and all other Japanese super-heavies is that they lack frontal weakspots against standard shells, but in return their frontal armor doesn't have enough "strongpoints" that defends them from special shells, and their inability to angle their armor makes the issue even worse. What this means is that the armor of the Type 5 Heavy is often too strong against standard shells, as the lack of viable weakspots forces people to load special shells to be able to fight it more effectively. However, special shells in return are very effective at penetrating the armor of the Type 5 Heavy, because even the thickest parts of the front armor isn't thick enough to protect the tank, and the tank isn't very effective at angling it's armor, either. It leaves either the player fighting the Type 5 Heavy or player playing the Type 5 Heavy frustrated. 

I think the solution to this would be completely redesigning the armor layout of the Type 5 Heavy (and other Japanese super-heavies) so that it has clear frontal weakspots, but rest of the frontal armor is strengthened so that special shells won't penetrate those parts as easily. This should make the tanks more fun and interesting to play with, as well as more enjoyable to play against. Player playing the Type 5 Heavy would be more rewarded for angling the armor, hiding the weakspots and so on, while the opposing player would be more rewarded for knowing the weakspots. There would be more depth in both the tank and playing against it. Right now the tank's performance being is heavily reliant on "whether the opposing player loads special shells or not" makes it frustrating experience for either of the players and there's little depth in both playing the tank and playing against it.

Here's a rough example of how I would suggest to change the armor layout of the Type 5 Heavy (and other Japanese super-heavies), which would make them more fun to play with, more fun to play against, add more depth in both playing with them and playing against them (their armor would reward skillful usage more, opponent would be rewarded for weakspot knowledge more), and overall make them more interesting.

2.3. Are there plans for a tier VIII Japanese premium heavy tank? Currently the Japanese heavy branch is the only non-artillery branch without a tier VIII premium vehicle. I understand the issue of the lack of historical candidates and the struggle with researching historical Japanese vehicles; however, you have already added fictional vehicles to fill the role of a tier VIII premium vehicle, such as the Skoda T 27, so this shouldn't be a major issue I feel.

3.  Are there plans to introduce a vehicle branch with a multi-turret mechanism (ex. French super-heavy tanks like FCM F1)? You've mentioned that you're "actively looking for new vehicles with new and interesting mechanics", and I feel like vehicles such as multi-turreted French super-heavy tanks could fit this perfectly. Multi-turret mechanism would undoubtedly be completely unique from anything else in the game. As demonstrated with Halloween event in 2017, though, there were some issues with the mechanism. One of the key issues was the concerns of team damage, as you could easily hit your ally with the secondary weapon. However, team damage has since then been removed from random battles, eliminating one big issue with the multi-turret mechanism. Now that team damage is gone, have you reconsidered the possibility of introducing a vehicle branch with multi-turret mechanism?

Edited by leggasiini, 26 June 2020 - 09:42 AM.

WotPizza #6 Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 41336 battles
  • [P1XEL] P1XEL
How are you going to tackle around the hugely growing toxidity in the in game chat?

Dwigt #7 Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• WG Staff
  • 1519 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hey guys, 
Thank you for posting your questions!
This thread was created back in May but I had to postpone posting it until last week. So to have a better visibility, I created another thread and copied all of your questions there :)

I will close this one and unpin it to avoid any confusion.

Also tagged with Q&A

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users