Jump to content


The real impact of APCR and HEAT rounds in WOT

apcr; heat; rounds ammo

  • Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

BravelyRanAway #81 Posted 30 May 2020 - 12:12 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 26368 battles
  • 14,266
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostMrKrotchy, on 29 May 2020 - 11:09 PM, said:

You mean those few shots that I save for a very select few targets that I don't meet every game and because of that I rarely actually fire off any of my gold shells? And you compare that to going full gold every game? Yeah, you think wrong.

If you have a statistically outright better ammo/consumable it's only natural that if you used exclusively those you'd get a statistical bump compared to using the standard ones only.

Make up your mind, if it's only a few shots, the getting high WR's isn't dependent on Premium ammo then....is it?:rolleyes:



MrKrotchy #82 Posted 30 May 2020 - 12:42 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 27089 battles
  • 197
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 30 May 2020 - 12:12 AM, said:

Make up your mind, if it's only a few shots, the getting high WR's isn't dependent on Premium ammo then....is it?:rolleyes:

 

My mind is made up, it's you thats going in circles. A person going full gold is going to be statistically better than if the same person went with standard only. And it's not about high WR, it's about getting a slight bump in your WR.

A 48% player isn't going to jump to 60% with full gold, but he is going to do a shot or two of damage more per game and have atleast extra 1% WR.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



BravelyRanAway #83 Posted 30 May 2020 - 12:51 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 26368 battles
  • 14,266
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostMrKrotchy, on 29 May 2020 - 11:42 PM, said:

A 48% player isn't going to jump to 60% with full gold, but he is going to do a shot or two of damage more per game and have atleast extra 1% WR.

That's what I was waiting on.......how pointless a difference it makes....at last.....thank you!:great:



MrKrotchy #84 Posted 30 May 2020 - 01:14 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 27089 battles
  • 197
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 30 May 2020 - 12:51 AM, said:

That's what I was waiting on.......how pointless a difference it makes....at last.....thank you!:great:

So just because you don't become a super uni overnight you're willing to overlook the blatant P2W aspect? But when a tank gives +2% WR then everyone cries how it's OP. With a community like this no wonder this game is in this state.



BravelyRanAway #85 Posted 30 May 2020 - 01:24 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 26368 battles
  • 14,266
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostMrKrotchy, on 30 May 2020 - 12:14 AM, said:

So just because you don't become a super uni overnight you're willing to overlook the blatant P2W aspect? But when a tank gives +2% WR then everyone cries how it's OP. With a community like this no wonder this game is in this state.

I thought you said it made a huge difference, what you just said was that it makes an average guy....an average guy. 48%-49%....whoopee!

 

No need to throw tank choice into the mix to fluff it up, this is about premium ammo...start another topic about premium tanks if you must, but stay on topic.

 



Spammable_Lecter #86 Posted 30 May 2020 - 01:32 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 49353 battles
  • 732
  • [_DOG] _DOG
  • Member since:
    03-06-2011
The only problem i have with prammo is Teir X spamming on teir 8s , teir 8 v teir 8 no problem. Everybody hates getting farmed by tanks that can't be pennned by tier x prammo never mind teir 8 prammo.

MrKrotchy #87 Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:01 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 27089 battles
  • 197
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 30 May 2020 - 01:24 AM, said:

I thought you said it made a huge difference, what you just said was that it makes an average guy....an average guy. 48%-49%....whoopee!

 

No need to throw tank choice into the mix to fluff it up, this is about premium ammo...start another topic about premium tanks if you must, but stay on topic.

 

 

In the last 40 games I got screwed by AP twice which lost me the game. 

1. when I bounced a 250 pen AP from the E100 lowerplate making me take a 750 HEAT instead of killing him. Last 1v1 I was a 1 shot because of that. With gold it would be a win.

2. Left a JgPzE100 on 200hp because he got hulldown after my last shot and my 258 pen AP couldn't pen his superstructure, he went on to do 3k extra winning him the game. If I spammed HEAT that would be a win. 

 

So in my case, in the last 40 games I'd have 75% WR instead of 70%. Sure, small sample size but still extra 5%.

 

Blitz devs saw that with prammo you'd do 15% on average more damage and they nerfed it accordingly.

 

And there is a whole thread about a tank that only has 2% extra WR.

 

So yeah, extra 1-3% WR is a big difference especially considering it's basically a paid advantage AKA P2W. And that 1-3% I'd say is fairly possible.



Kdingo #88 Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:06 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 33570 battles
  • 9,186
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 30 May 2020 - 01:24 AM, said:

I thought you said it made a huge difference, what you just said was that it makes an average guy....an average guy. 48%-49%....whoopee!

 

No need to throw tank choice into the mix to fluff it up, this is about premium ammo...start another topic about premium tanks if you must, but stay on topic.

 

 

Bold statement: If one solely relies on prem ammo without learning how to play his wr/dpg will most likely be even worse.

Cause some lucky high rolls give them a false sense of security.

Even on tier v there is often someone spamming prem left right and center. Sometimes its a reroll but mostly average joes jo tomatos trying to compensate but fail.



BravelyRanAway #89 Posted 30 May 2020 - 12:39 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 26368 battles
  • 14,266
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostKdingo, on 30 May 2020 - 01:06 AM, said:

 

 Sometimes its a reroll but mostly average joes jo tomatos trying to compensate but fail.

Yes, that is a point, they fail regardless of gold ammo, which is what I'm saying, there are only so many shots they will fire in a game anyway and they'll miss just as many.

That other guy says I'm going around in circles, but he appears to forget that he's the one making the claims, which even by his own analysis after all his fluff and bluster doesn't amount to much.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users