Free XP economy

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

General_Jack_D_Ripper #1 Posted 28 May 2020 - 01:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5227 battles

So I started playing again in November. I used free XP like I used free XP back in the day: relatively conservative. Never use it to unlock a tank, only use it if needed.

I always use free XP personal reserves, because somehow they seem to not run dry. Still got over 30 in total.

In the old days free XP was kind of rare and WG (I guess) earned money by people using gold to convert Tank XP to free XP.

But WG seems to have given up on that idea. I currently sit on 325.000 Free XP, while grinding tech trees. I usually free XP the tracks, since in most cases you cannot even mount equipment without them.

But still it is getting more and more. Somehow the Free XP economy is completely off now. - compared to the state 5-10 years ago.

Maybe WG did not find a way to run the players dry of gold and therefore they gave up on Free XP as a way to motivate players to buy gold.

Any ideas?

Did you notice the same?

qpranger #2 Posted 28 May 2020 - 01:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
I stopped playing in December (always had premium account, also often used premium tanks) and I never experienced much of a surplus of free XP, so what could have changed this year?

Edited by qpranger, 28 May 2020 - 01:51 PM.

Maschinenkanone #3 Posted 28 May 2020 - 01:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 49802 battles
  • [MBEV] MBEV

Yes, Reserves have somewhat increased the rate we gain freeXP.

However, we also gained new ways to use it like improving individual Crewman XP.

I would still suggest to handle freeXP in a conservative way. As soon as u arrive in tier8 and 9 modules will be quite expensive in terms of freeXP.

In case u really feel that you have too much of it, pump it into your crews, 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 28 May 2020 - 02:27 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37237 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
So start using your freexp to get the better modules as well and not just the tracks? Really not seeing how this is even a problem..

Jauhesammutin #5 Posted 28 May 2020 - 02:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24287 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostGeneral_Jack_D_Ripper, on 28 May 2020 - 12:18 PM, said:

So I started playing again in November. I used free XP like I used free XP back in the day: relatively conservative. Never use it to unlock a tank, only use it if needed.

I always use free XP personal reserves, because somehow they seem to not run dry. Still got over 30 in total.

In the old days free XP was kind of rare and WG (I guess) earned money by people using gold to convert Tank XP to free XP.

But WG seems to have given up on that idea. I currently sit on 325.000 Free XP, while grinding tech trees. I usually free XP the tracks, since in most cases you cannot even mount equipment without them.

But still it is getting more and more. Somehow the Free XP economy is completely off now. - compared to the state 5-10 years ago.

Maybe WG did not find a way to run the players dry of gold and therefore they gave up on Free XP as a way to motivate players to buy gold.

Any ideas?

Did you notice the same?

Reserves increased the rate we get free XP and blueprints removed the need to use free XP to skip tanks we don't want to grind.

Now there's more left to unlock modules.

gunslingerXXX #6 Posted 28 May 2020 - 03:03 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15118 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Crewbooks are more efficient for crew XP compared to free XP. Also direvtibes are usefull for vrews without sixth sense. 

Daily missions give lots of free XP now. I also found myself sitting on 150k free XP without realizing it. In the past I used it toskip tier 1-4 mainly, but that is not necessary anymore either. 

Balc0ra #7 Posted 28 May 2020 - 03:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77807 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

You get free XP via daily missions, you get it as the odd mission reward. So yes, it's rewarded more vs 5 years ago. But they also have added blueprints etc since then, and crew books so you don't have to use free XP on even those. So most rely less on it vs 5 years ago.

Is this a bad thing? Well, as with any game that gets older. You can only have focus on one thing long enough before players spend less on it. Free XP might be the same way. And WG has shifted focus to cosmetics etc of late vs other older aspects like Free XP conversions, bunks or even garage slots. As I've not bought slots for tanks or crews for 5 years. Last I bought 10 as I had zero free garage slots. Now I have over 50 free slots as WG has given out lots of them vs 5-6 years ago. And the shift to a more cosmetic aspect in the garage vs free XP, bunkers and garage slots is not a bad thing in my book.

Unicorn_of_Steel #8 Posted 28 May 2020 - 04:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20902 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A
Could the recent changes in the tech tree's be the source of that huge amount of free XP? The compensation for the tech tree tanks that became collectors items? 

TheJ4ckal #9 Posted 28 May 2020 - 05:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5556 battles

View PostUnicorn_of_Steel, on 28 May 2020 - 04:46 PM, said:

Could the recent changes in the tech tree's be the source of that huge amount of free XP? The compensation for the tech tree tanks that became collectors items? 

No, blueprints were given as compensation.

To the OP, you are only self inflicting your conservative use of Free XP. With 300k just start using some of it, as you clearly know that it comes quite easily to you.

Use it to reduce the grind on new tanks higher up the tree,

WG still persuade people to convert tank xp to free xp with XP Fever ever month.

I dont see the problem.

HaZardeur #10 Posted 28 May 2020 - 05:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 37361 battles
Free XP only to unlock modules, never tanks apart from that one shitter WG put in every line as free XP sink.

General_Jack_D_Ripper #11 Posted 28 May 2020 - 06:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5227 battles

View PostTheJ4ckal, on 28 May 2020 - 05:11 PM, said:

To the OP, you are only self inflicting your conservative use of Free XP. With 300k just start using some of it, as you clearly know that it comes quite easily to you.

I simpy did not recorgnize this huge amount until a couple of weeks ago, when I reached Torte. I really did not want to play Torte with AT-15 gun, so I looked if I could afford tracks and gun.

And I did.

And I still got masses.

It is of course not a problem for me. It was just something that struck me odd.

I like Balc0ras answer it makes a lot of sense.

Steiner011 #12 Posted 28 May 2020 - 09:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45212 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB

Free XP has been sideways shunted by me now , because of:

1. hunting blueprints in daily missions

2. bunch of manageable x5 boosters coupled with occasional free prem day.

Lets just say i can finish 25% Jagdtiger grind in one day with x5 boosters  , prem time.  In one day. Before , tier 9 grind used to be weeks long job.

Hedgehog1963 #13 Posted 28 May 2020 - 10:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 58451 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View PostGeneral_Jack_D_Ripper, on 28 May 2020 - 12:18 PM, said:

Any ideas?

Did you notice the same?

It's the new daily missions.  It rains free XP, universal blueprint fragments and credits when instead we want bonds.

Nebuched #14 Posted 28 May 2020 - 10:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14782 battles

View PostGeneral_Jack_D_Ripper, on 28 May 2020 - 01:18 PM, said:

Any ideas?

Did you notice the same?

Is it off ? Not for newer players  and those without certain boosters. Do you use premium account? Do you have many prem tanks ?

Also realize that if it inflated it is a little help for grinding new tanks when your used tanks run out of points to gain for Battle Pass. 

Edited by Nebuched, 28 May 2020 - 10:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users