But what do the Veterans get?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

StronkiTonki #1 Posted 29 May 2020 - 06:11 AM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 36283 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

As a long time player, I am very happy to see that players nowadays are getting bombarded with rewards, in contrary to the early days of WoT.

These include a large variety of rewards for missions, the battle pass, Twitch Prime and a gazillion specials! To that, I want to give great props to WG!

However, I personally find myself with a problem, that a lot of veteran players can probably relate to:

Newer players will probably drool over all this stuff.
But I honestly have almost no use for all of this. I do not want to come across as ungrateful or anything. I am more than happy that I am getting so many things.
But I just cannot put it to any use, which is a problem for me and veteran players.

Let me just make clear that:

-I have fully researched all tech trees.

-I have every single tier 10 Tech Tree tank in my garage.

-All of these tier 10 tanks are filled with 4-6 skill crews.

-I pretty much always activate personal reserves for crew exp and free exp. I also use credit boosters if I decide to only play premium tanks.

And yet:

-I cannot possibly seem to use up these personal reserves. I used to have 1500 and then 1600. But I am literally getting them quicker than I can use them.

-Blueprints I can literally not use, since I cannot research any more vehicles. I am simply waiting for new tech trees to appear. And this takes a very long time. I am not even expecting that many more tech trees to appear in the future.  I will probably have enough free exp for an entire line anyway, before a new tech tree comes out.

-Crew books are pretty much not getting used by me either. Since I would not want to waste them on my high skilled crews to gain 1 or 2 percent. I would rather save them for a crew that I will use for a new tech tree in the future. So that I can actually give them a skill or two right off the bat.

-Overwhelming amount of extra crew members that go unused as well. Again, waiting for new tech trees to use these crew members on, since most, if not all, come with a free zero skill, which is very helpful for tier 10 vehicles. And this screenshot only shows my recruits. I have a lot more in the actual barracks, because I had to claim crew members within a certain time limit.

Now some people might tell me that I can use all this stuff for other lower tier tanks that I enjoy. Which I am already doing to a certain degree.

I am re-buying pretty much all tech tree tanks, in order to get Ace Tankers and Marks of Excellence.

And when playing these tanks, I constantly use personal reserves as much as I can.

But I still feel like the smarter thing to do, would be to save the crew members and crew books for actual tier 10 tanks, since that is the most competetive tier, where ranked is played and bonds are earned in randoms. And bonds are very precious to me.

So what do I want?

Well... Something that I can use. Perhaps being able to exchange most of this stuff for bonds or large amount of credits. But even then, there are other players with hundreds of millions of credits, who would not want any more. Even bonds are something that some players might have too much of.

For me personally, bonds are definitely the most valuable.

In general, I just really wish that I could really put all this stuff to use, or exchange it into something useful for a veteran player.

Edited by StronkiTonki, 29 May 2020 - 06:17 AM.

wsatnutter #2 Posted 29 May 2020 - 06:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27578 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

nothing will change for you, im afraid you will have to put up with it.

Spurtung #3 Posted 29 May 2020 - 07:21 AM

General

• Player
  • 82263 battles
  • [USSRX] USSRX

View PostStronkiTonki, on 29 May 2020 - 05:11 AM, said:

-Overwhelming amount of extra crew members that go unused as well. Again, waiting for new tech trees to use these crew members on, since most, if not all, come with a free zero skill, which is very helpful for tier 10 vehicles. And this screenshot only shows my recruits. I have a lot more in the actual barracks, because I had to claim crew members within a certain time limit.

Not to mention the ones from marathons, already allocated to the respective tank, and hence not showing in the 'Recruits' list, but very much being exactly that.

TankkiPoju #4 Posted 29 May 2020 - 07:34 AM

General

• Player
  • 25893 battles

Its worth noticing WG gives fragments and XP boosts to unlock tanks, but not really that much means to make credits to actually buy the tanks.

fwhaatpiraat #5 Posted 29 May 2020 - 08:05 AM

Major

• Player
  • 63871 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Apparently you really focused on grinding the different tank lines. Quite surprised you have all your tier X tanks filled with such good crews. Did you use large amounts of gold for that? Did you leave the lower tier tanks without a crew? If that's the case I would use those special crew members for those tanks and play the tanks you enjoy.

StronkiTonki #6 Posted 29 May 2020 - 08:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 36283 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 29 May 2020 - 07:05 AM, said:

Apparently you really focused on grinding the different tank lines. Quite surprised you have all your tier X tanks filled with such good crews. Did you use large amounts of gold for that? Did you leave the lower tier tanks without a crew? If that's the case I would use those special crew members for those tanks and play the tanks you enjoy.

The only thing I used gold for was to skip stock grinds honestly. Not from the very start of playing WoT. But there definitely were times where I converted large amounts of exp into free exp in order to not have to deal with playing stock tanks.

Played through all tanks by just playing and unlocking the next tank though. Including all lower tiers.

The only vehicles that I have legit skipped with free exp would be the tier 9 Foch, since I did not have enough time to get the Foch 155 in time, before it got replaced. So entirely skipped the tier 9 vehicle in order to get the Foch 155 reward tank.

I also skipped the tier 9 British LT using fragments. Cause I coudl not stand playing any more of those garbage tanks.

The last few years, progress was just insanely fast, with the usage of fragments, exp personal reserves, x5 missions that were spammed in Twitch Prime and the extra redeemable x3 exp for wins with the new prem account.

Basically gotten spoiled with extra exp bonuses that just helped me race up to tier 10 with every line insanely quick.

Some tier 9 tanks took me barely any battles to get to tier 10.

The 50TP being my record. Starting from a fully upgraded tank, having unlocked the tier 10 with only 29 battles.

And the Standard B for example only taking me 37 battles.

As for your suggestion, I already answered that in my original post.

Edited by StronkiTonki, 29 May 2020 - 08:32 AM.

MeetriX #7 Posted 29 May 2020 - 09:15 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27392 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE
Now you can play the game.

qpranger #8 Posted 29 May 2020 - 09:17 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
We the veterans want WT auf E100 !!!

Cobra6 #9 Posted 29 May 2020 - 09:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16624 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Well, since us veterans players have already paid as much as we are ever going to pay, probably nothing will be done especially for us.

Still, pretty impressive what you have there :D

Cobra 6

Homer_J #10 Posted 29 May 2020 - 09:29 AM

Field Marshal

• 33938 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I understand what you mean but I really don't know what they could give us.

More pixel tanks to play once and then ignore?

Kdingo #11 Posted 29 May 2020 - 10:32 AM

General

• Player
  • 33292 battles
This topic just showcases the problem with handing out rewards, they loose value and people even complain about it while demanding more.

Olias_0f_Sunhillow #12 Posted 29 May 2020 - 10:36 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 27251 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
You get a gold badge, 'I Beat World of Tanks'.

bnmm113 #13 Posted 29 May 2020 - 11:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12744 battles
  • [4K1LL] 4K1LL

View Postqpranger, on 29 May 2020 - 09:17 AM, said:

We the veterans want WT auf E100 !!!

+1

bnmm113 #14 Posted 29 May 2020 - 11:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12744 battles
  • [4K1LL] 4K1LL

i found i had 200k free exp on an account i never played on....

it must have been something weird

Flicka #15 Posted 29 May 2020 - 12:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23759 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

23000 games here, do not think I have 50% of the vehicles researched, grind some lines that seem interesting, and still mostly play tanks I enjoy, that work and are all over the higher tiers (plus trying to get E4 and Grille over 50% GODDANG percent).

I guess the way you approached the game caught up with you, and now you just do not have something to play for. And WGs helping hand, with all the boosters is not good for the game, but will bring players in that will spend cash once they progress up the tiers fast enough.

You can have fun in some tanks you like playing, or you find another thing to do.

qpranger #16 Posted 29 May 2020 - 12:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View PostHomer_J, on 29 May 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

World peace would be nice,.

Kdingo #17 Posted 29 May 2020 - 12:45 PM

General

• Player
  • 33292 battles

View Postqpranger, on 29 May 2020 - 12:37 PM, said:

World peace would be nice,.

I would appreciate crossteam chat a lot more.

Cobra6 #18 Posted 29 May 2020 - 12:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16624 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostHomer_J, on 29 May 2020 - 08:29 AM, said:

More pixel tanks to play once and then ignore?

Imagine if those were just properly balance, not broken/OP like premiums and not underwhelming like most are now. Just solid tanks that are fun to drive.....

Cobra 6

Balc0ra #19 Posted 29 May 2020 - 01:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77815 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

They have said they are considering other options for prints etc you can't use. Inc trading, selling and having the ability to select your reward or see it beforehand etc. But atm the system is "new" they did not want to screw with the ecosystem for it just yet.... whatever that meant.

But, that said. There are new lines coming. Two this year alone they said, with UK wheeled meds etc next year. So I'm sure you will find some use for that crew at some point, and spend some of those prints on top of it. Tho, not all of it ofc.

Either way, personally I don't mind having a stack of universal and national prints. I would not trade them away even if I could. So that when the new line comes I don't have to grind more than I need to. And having extra crews around is never bad. I've bought some oldies of late and found new enjoyment that some of the crews have been tossed into.

mpf1959 #20 Posted 29 May 2020 - 01:53 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 37701 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

But what do the Veterans get?

Our old age pensions deferred for another year! :bajan:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users