[Sandbox] Equipment 2.0 Test Kicks off June 2

• Please log in to reply
758 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:00 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Be the first to try out the reworked equipment on the Sandbox server!

The full text of the news item

SharpBlue #2 Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 71487 battles
  • [DASH] DASH

Well thats a lot of stuff to take in :P

Sael_ #3 Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:11 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 2323 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
It's already in the article, but let's kick off the conversation about it with an important reminder: everything tested on Sandbox is heavily dependent on your collaboration - that is, you share with us your informed feedback (try the new stuff first, then you tell us what you think about it :P ) and you will get to affect how and if the changes will be implemented.

undutchable80 #4 Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:14 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15316 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Interesting!!

Binocular Telescope All Tier II and higher tank destroyers
Coated Optics All Tier II and higher light, medium, and heavy tanks
Camouflage Net All Tier II and higher tank destroyers and SPGs

So no binocs or camo net on LTs, or Optics on TDs?? 

Edited by undutchable80, 29 May 2020 - 03:46 PM.

Traktorista4 #5 Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:17 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36004 battles

POPULAR

Nope. Strictly against this change. We don´t want current tanks to receive even more advantages when it comes to anything. New players are already in a huge disadvantage for not having all the current equipment. The proposal to make it easier for a new player to buy the equipment by making it cheaper doesn´t change anything, because once they get into higher tiers (which they can pretty fast these days, let's be honest), they won't have enough credits to buy all the equip. Then they will get destroyed by an enemy player having the same tank as them because he has all the equipment and there you go, new player has quit the game. 

In addition to that, it is simply not right to have such a big difference in reload times etc etc on one tank. Let's say we have a T-10: this tank has got around 10s reload. It may vary a bit, depending on whether you have improved or normal gun rammer, but the reload time still will be around 10-11s. By increasing the dpm variety on tanks, you are removing yet another "skill" from this game that you can learn by playing it, and therefore making it even worse than before.

To sum it up: I STRONGLY DISAGREE WITH ANY CHANGES TO THE CURRENT EQUIPMENT. IF THESE CHANGES COME THROUGH, I AM QUITTING THIS GAME FOR GOOD.

Edited by Traktorista4, 29 May 2020 - 02:17 PM.

Sir__Alonne #6 Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25782 battles

POPULAR

View PostTraktorista4, on 29 May 2020 - 02:17 PM, said:

To sum it up: I STRONGLY DISAGREE WITH ANY CHANGES TO THE CURRENT EQUIPMENT. IF THESE CHANGES COME THROUGH, I AM QUITTING THIS GAME FOR GOOD.

Let's be honest,wg doesn't care what the eu players think,we are only good for milking,it's the russian playerbase that decides everything.

grouch666 #7 Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19177 battles
  • [UWA] UWA

Ignore me

Edited by grouch666, 29 May 2020 - 02:32 PM.

RollOut52 #8 Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17893 battles
  • [KAZMA] KAZMA

View PostTraktorista4, on 29 May 2020 - 03:17 PM, said:

Nope. Strictly against this change. We don´t want current tanks to receive even more advantages when it comes to anything. New players are already in a huge disadvantage for not having all the current equipment. The proposal to make it easier for a new player to buy the equipment by making it cheaper doesn´t change anything, because once they get into higher tiers (which they can pretty fast these days, let's be honest), they won't have enough credits to buy all the equip. Then they will get destroyed by an enemy player having the same tank as them because he has all the equipment and there you go, new player has quit the game. 

In addition to that, it is simply not right to have such a big difference in reload times etc etc on one tank. Let's say we have a T-10: this tank has got around 10s reload. It may vary a bit, depending on whether you have improved or normal gun rammer, but the reload time still will be around 10-11s. By increasing the dpm variety on tanks, you are removing yet another "skill" from this game that you can learn by playing it, and therefore making it even worse than before.

Goodbye then, reading about these new changes and only talking about this particular thing wouldn't help you anyways. They wish to make the useless equipment useful, help the newer players, spice up the higher tier gameplay but no, I got to be salty about a minor problem and threaten the company with millions of users.

Pistol_Only #9 Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 340 battles
@low tier equipment changes: if you're overwhelmed by the complexity of a bicycle pump, maybe the game is not for you. Alternatively, just buy Löwe or Defender before you even try low tiers.

ps: Why does Yurij's voiceover sound like Agent 47? :D

Psticide #10 Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47244 battles

I think its a slap in the face of clans and competitive players that all of a sudden tanks can drive faster and reach positions earlier then was ever before possible, changing the balance of maps and tactics completely for no real apparant reason but just to change things just because u can, not because the players asked u too

yes u have a lot of useles equipment, all u have to do is press one button 'delete' . there , done ... , now u can go work on things the playerbase actually asked u to do like new maps and tank buffs of is4 and e100

Giving tanks more top speed should be removed for sure, it affects to many things in the game, not to mention its already a pain in the [edited]to have clan wars setup of ammo and randoms, now imagine what a cluterfrack it will be when i need to change my equipment too not for clanwars and randoms ... no thank u

Edited by Psticide, 29 May 2020 - 02:40 PM.

puffader #11 Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4352 battles
Keen to try it out :) I do think with bond equipment rammer going to 13.5 % and vents 8.5% we going to see silly levels of dpm :D but I guess this why we do testing.

leggasiini #12 Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18657 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

So you're telling me that with the engine power and top speed booster, I can create a Type 5 Heavy that has power the weight ratio of 10 hp/ton and 30 kph top speed and KV-5 with power the weight ratio of 13 hp/ton and 45 kph top speed?

Hmmm...

Weak_man #13 Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9592 battles
  • [AMURG] AMURG

Nice changes for low tier. I know someone that play at tier 1 and have less that 60 battles and he received insulting messages from players with more than 30000 battles that is a bad player.

wsatnutter #14 Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27591 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
looks interesting but lets not throw thee toys out of thee pram until we test it please

lolek4311 #15 Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:43 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22086 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

View PostRollOut52, on 29 May 2020 - 02:31 PM, said:

Goodbye then, reading about these new changes and only talking about this particular thing wouldn't help you anyways. They wish to make the useless equipment useful, help the newer players, spice up the higher tier gameplay but no, I got to be salty about a minor problem and threaten the company with millions of users.

Well none of the mentioned changes to equipment do that though. Co2, spall liner, suspensions, toolkit etc will still be just as useless and never used by anyone. 

Edit: I do like the changes to lower tiers in the sense that people can't just club in fully kitted low tier tanks though i'd still let people use small consumables there maybe just remove the option of large kits and food.

Edited by lolek4311, 29 May 2020 - 02:45 PM.

Fire_man74 #16 Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20084 battles
  • [LASNA] LASNA
What abt my Prems, tier 2-4??? Nerf? Money back?:izmena:

zmijoguz #17 Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 33257 battles
  • [TRUT_] TRUT_
This all looks interesting, but the main question is will it help with the variety. I don't think so, because I would still mostly mount rammer, stabilizer, optics and vents (3 of the 4). But now I would get even bigger bonus.
Except in some special cases.

milomark #18 Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:50 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 17818 battles

View PostRollOut52, on 29 May 2020 - 02:31 PM, said:

Seem to me that you have no idea what you are talking about here.

They are in a way catering to new players when you just take stuff for granted, like shiny new things and just notice the surface level.

The point here is that he is right. These changes are BAD, it will just take a little bit of time to notice for majority of people. Case and point: The equipment gives significant advantage in game but they are simple to understand and the optimal thing is to use the best combination on  a specific tank. Now you will have an even bigger problem with this. Its never about variety but about what is good and useful in practice here. There are a lot of equipment that give a huge advantage here and some are nerfed like coated optics.

Lets look at the elephant in the room: The so called "variety" i mentioned.

You cant use all equipment on all tanks and if that specific tank doesn't have the "special" slot you are wasting the slot if you put something that is not from that category. Check this: "Camouflage Net - All Tier II and higher tank destroyers and SPGs". That reads: Camo net will not be available on Light, Heavy or Medium tanks. So in the end variety goes down the drain. Now you will have other OP stuff to try and handle and its more based on RNG than anything. At least before you knew what view range and how accurate an enemy tank can be, you knew their HP (durability boost) and fire chance. Now they can negate fire chance and modules getting destroyed , because, how often are you set on fire once in a game? But how often are you set on fire multiple times in a game? yeah almost never. Oh yeah. Now we have Increased durability, increased rotation speed of a tank and power to weight ratio (imagine giving wheeled vehicles this lmao). This increases the performance of already OP tanks. Before it was just a simple pick 3 of 6 combo - basic and simple. Now its more complicated, more annoying and changes the game even more. Now the gap is even bigger between players.

[removed]  I seriously doubt WG are doing this for the benefit of new players cause there aren't a lot of new guys coming anyway. Its a change for the sake of change. They've invested money and will not even try to fix broken stuff, just change it, add new OP/ broken stuff in so they get more time to "fix" it again. Jesus if this is equipment rework then i don't even want to know what Crew changes await us.

Edited by Homer_J, 29 May 2020 - 04:03 PM.
Insulting language

Zamieszki #19 Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10390 battles

Some of these new equipment pieces are gamebreaking....

Like for example:

• improved consumables (50s less cooldown)
  • jamming device (get unspotted 4s earlier)
  • commander's vision system (spot through bushes 20% easier)
  • experimental powder (reduce camo lost after firing by 17.5%)

these can cause massive gameplay issues.

...also forcing tds to use binos instead of optics is dumb as [edited].

I have optics on all my tds and I like to play them actively if mm allows for it. This change will just force me to bush[edited] like a bot.

Edited by Homer_J, 29 May 2020 - 04:04 PM.
Language

Denton_0451 #20 Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27236 battles

Block Quote

equipment that previously could be demounted for free can now only be demounted for gold or with the Demount Kit

You come up with some really interesting changes then quickly mess the whole thing up.

How about allowing us to have different loadout setups for different gamemodes or even better, for different maps? For example a light tank with a scouting focused loadout is handicapped on Himmelsdorf, focusing on mobility or gun handling on that map would be way more useful.

Edited by Denton_0451, 29 May 2020 - 02:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users