This is not acceptable.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

lunguraresh #1 Posted 30 May 2020 - 01:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22861 battles
  • [UCLA] UCLA

I can`t stand this thing anymore. It`s starts to bother me way more than it should . So it`s time to post it.

A "tank" that has wheels and it weights 15 tons, should not be under any circumtances able to take a hit from a E3 155mm gun and run away like nothing happened.

A shot from this type of gun that hits that thing should wipe the toy car from the face of the earth. No critical hits , no low rolls , WIPED OUT.

And to add the other stupid thing about hiting those bastards, the critical hit, doesn`t affect them at all. If i`mm on the highway with my car at 90km/h and a wheel gets blown, i need to perfectly control the car until i come to a complete stop to be able to repair it. but NOOOO, the critical hits on these wheeled vehicles don`t affect their control at all, it`ss just like a bug crashed intro your arm and you feel a little something but you don`t know exactly what it is. So to get to my point. Okay you critical hit a "ferrari" once , he uses repair kit, but the next time when he does not have a repair kit and he gets hit and an wheel gets blown of, he should come to a complete stop, then the wheel should start to get repaired, even if it is half the time of what it takes to repair the normal tank track, but we need a way to get them to come to a complete stop. 

They ruined the game for everyone, from the true light tank player, to the sneaky tank destroyers.

A tank battle it`s not happening at 100km/h, and definetly not with jumps and sharp turning at 60km/h.

If you WG care enough to read this, think about what i said. Because it`s not just me, there are ten or more thousands of players with the same problem. And FIX it.

And here it the proof. First shot of the game, first critical hit.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5407103#empire_s_border-lunguraresh-t110e3

Edited by lunguraresh, 30 May 2020 - 01:56 PM.

shikaka9 #2 Posted 30 May 2020 - 01:59 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 79423 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
they didnt ruin game for me :)

Kdingo #3 Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:04 PM

General

• Player
  • 33290 battles

Imo the wheeled vehicles immunity to getting tracked is what really makes them annoying.

A light tank doing speedy stuff risks getting tracked and vaporized before he can repair the tracks and get momentum back, ferraris are immune to this.

TheJungleBeast #4 Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:04 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14135 battles
I can't say they ruin the game but do they make it worse at times, and totally agree that they are far too fast for the pace of this game, but they are never going to remove them, I hear there is some potential nerfs coming though ?

lbot #5 Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21605 battles

I will just repeat myself:

this game is a very poor simulator and an over sophisticated arcade at the same time.

Which makes it possible for this game's advocates to use both "arcade" and "simulator" reasons to justify its imbalance. Too fast? It's an arcade, what did you want? Didn't penetrate? Well, you see, the normalization of the APCR shell works in such a way, that under these weather conditions and moon phase you just could not penetrate that piece of paper by no means...

Edited by lbot, 30 May 2020 - 02:07 PM.

OllieCromwell #6 Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 49502 battles
  • [GENB] GENB

View PostKdingo, on 30 May 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

Imo the wheeled vehicles immunity to getting tracked is what really makes them annoying.

A light tank doing speedy stuff risks getting tracked and vaporized before he can repair the tracks and get momentum back, ferraris are immune to this.

That and the fact that they can 'auto aim' you by roughly right-clicking in the same half of the screen where you are, whilst when you want to auto-aim them you have to right-click their commanders-hatch pixel perfect. WG should 'AT LEAST' make them clickable by the same margins as they get when do that to you.

qpranger #7 Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:11 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
If you want to experience a more realistic implementation of wheeled vehicles instead of the WOT Circus, you should try in War Thunder.

DaniulSims #8 Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11471 battles
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K

View Postlbot, on 30 May 2020 - 03:06 PM, said:

I will just repeat myself:

this game is a very poor simulator and an over sophisticated arcade at the same time.

Which makes it possible for this game's advocates to use both "arcade" and "simulator" reasons to justify its imbalance. Too fast? It's an arcade, what did you want? Didn't penetrate? Well, you see, the normalization of the APCR shell works in such a way, that under these weather conditions and moon phase you just could not penetrate that piece of paper by no means...

It's an arcade through and through. Normalisation IRL is a much more varied topic, and stuff like the 3 times overmatching rule don't exist either. 

What does happen tho, is that people like the OP don't understand that, don't know that there's nothing behind half of the wheels to actually hit and should honestly git. Gud.

Kdingo #9 Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:15 PM

General

• Player
  • 33290 battles

View PostOllieCromwell, on 30 May 2020 - 02:08 PM, said:

That and the fact that they can 'auto aim' you by roughly right-clicking in the same half of the screen where you are, whilst when you want to auto-aim them you have to right-click their commanders-hatch pixel perfect. WG should 'AT LEAST' make them clickable by the same margins as they get when do that to you.

If you make it easy to aim lock them you could as well remove them entirely as every bob would now be able to reliably hit them.

Balc0ra #10 Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77807 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postlunguraresh, on 30 May 2020 - 01:55 PM, said:

I can`t stand this thing anymore. It`s starts to bother me way more than it should . So it`s time to post it.

A "tank" that has wheels and it weights 15 tons, should not be under any circumtances able to take a hit from a E3 155mm gun and run away like nothing happened.

A shot from this type of gun that hits that thing should wipe the toy car from the face of the earth. No critical hits , no low rolls , WIPED OUT.

A: It's an arcade game, not a tank sim with kinetic energy added to shells that also goes into what it hits. Thus B: The wheels don't cover 100% of the EBR's side. As in if you hit too low or too far forward, you crit hit the wheels and the air behind it, not hitting any armor. As it has a high ground clearance and the armor stops at the front and rear wheel at its center. Not in front of it. It's like when a 257 comes around the corner. Hitting his front wheel will only track it. As there again, is no armor behind it. Same with head-on. The skirts covering the wheel etc has no hitbox, thus wide shots into the wheels there won't damage any armor. Thus the only fix, is to add armor to the wheels.

Thus at medium to long-range when leading at it. Lead on the turret vs the hull. As then if it goes center, you hit it. If it goes low, you still hit the hull vs the ground clearance under it.

Edited by Balc0ra, 30 May 2020 - 02:24 PM.

Galan7891 #11 Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11089 battles

View Postlunguraresh, on 30 May 2020 - 01:55 PM, said:

And to add the other stupid thing about hiting those bastards, the critical hit, doesn`t affect them at all. If i`mm on the highway with my car at 90km/h and a wheel gets blown, i need to perfectly control the car until i come to a complete stop to be able to repair it. but NOOOO, the critical hits on these wheeled vehicles don`t affect their control at all, it`ss just like a bug crashed intro your arm and you feel a little something but you don`t know exactly what it is. So to get to my point. Okay you critical hit a "ferrari" once , he uses repair kit, but the next time when he does not have a repair kit and he gets hit and an wheel gets blown of, he should come to a complete stop, then the wheel should start to get repaired, even if it is half the time of what it takes to repair the normal tank track, but we need a way to get them to come to a complete stop. 

They ruined the game for everyone, from the true light tank player, to the sneaky tank destroyers.

A tank battle it`s not happening at 100km/h, and definetly not with jumps and sharp turning at 60km/h.

If you WG care enough to read this, think about what i said. Because it`s not just me, there are ten or more thousands of players with the same problem. And FIX it.

And here it the proof. First shot of the game, first critical hit.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5407103#empire_s_border-lunguraresh-t110e3

A failed shot either due to poor aiming or poor RNG isnt "proof" that the ebr90 is OP.

Edited by Galan7891, 30 May 2020 - 03:58 PM.

lunguraresh #12 Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22861 battles
  • [UCLA] UCLA

View PostDaniulSims, on 30 May 2020 - 01:14 PM, said:

It's an arcade through and through. Normalisation IRL is a much more varied topic, and stuff like the 3 times overmatching rule don't exist either. 

What does happen tho, is that people like the OP don't understand that, don't know that there's nothing behind half of the wheels to actually hit and should honestly git. Gud.

I perfectly know that. But the shell when it hits the wheel chair should at least do something to it. The hitting power of that shell even if its a critical hit should at least change his normal course or at least make it go sideways.

Slyspy #13 Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15422 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postqpranger, on 30 May 2020 - 02:11 PM, said:

If you want to experience a more realistic implementation of wheeled vehicles instead of the WOT Circus, you should try in War Thunder.

You've become an evangelical then? The born-again War Thunder player?

Kdingo #14 Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:34 PM

General

• Player
  • 33290 battles

View PostSlyspy, on 30 May 2020 - 02:30 PM, said:

Cultist suck on either side of the fence. War Thunder isn´t any better then wot, its just different but has its own flaws. Just like AW and whatever else is around.

WoT despite its flaws still, in my opinion, offers the best experience specially from a free 2 play experience. The only real shitty habit WG has is to release broken crap, either in a new techtree or as premium/reward tanks.

qpranger #15 Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:39 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View PostSlyspy, on 30 May 2020 - 04:30 PM, said:

Sure it got its fair share of flaws, but clown cars ain't one of them.

Overall a more sensible gameplay experience to me.

More of a tank battle than a racing event.

WindSplitter1 #16 Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21753 battles
  • [WINDY] WINDY

View PostDaniulSims, on 30 May 2020 - 01:14 PM, said:

↑This

I've been in FL which supposedly has plenty of WVs. The times I hit them, I do damage to them. The times I don't hit them, well, I aim better next time.

In the start of the week I had 2 encounters where 4 hits were scored on the WVs. All hit the main hull body armour and went right through them.

I think people just want the easy mode vs them rather than adjusting. Then, it's nothing that hasn't been discussed to death, beyond and reincarnation on the dedicated WV thread.

wsatnutter #17 Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27578 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
Op learn where to hit them

Tom_Deekanarry #18 Posted 30 May 2020 - 03:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17687 battles

View Postwsatnutter, on 30 May 2020 - 02:43 PM, said:

Op learn where to hit them

Next you can explain how to circumvent the RNG so the shot actually goes where you aim it?

Kdingo #19 Posted 30 May 2020 - 03:12 PM

General

• Player
  • 33290 battles

View PostTom_Deekanarry, on 30 May 2020 - 03:10 PM, said:

Next you can explain how to circumvent the RNG so the shot actually goes where you aim it?

Yell "Russia!" before you shoot.

Tom_Deekanarry #20 Posted 30 May 2020 - 03:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17687 battles

View PostKdingo, on 30 May 2020 - 03:12 PM, said:

Yell "Russia!" before you shoot.

OH, bugger, noone bothered to tell me!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users