Jump to content


Ok I just have to ask...........

RU Assault TDs

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Inappropriate_noob #1 Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:58 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 18999 battles
  • 5,786
  • [KV1] KV1
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

When playing the SU-101 M1 (which seems to be a whole lot better armoured than it's tier 8 brother) how do you get the best out of it, and what does it teach you about playing the 263 and the Bobject?

 

I like the concepts of these vehicles, but struggle to make any of them work, especially if you get the campy Prokhorovka or Sand River maps, advice welcome.



Private_Miros #2 Posted 30 May 2020 - 03:19 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29728 battles
  • 11,837
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostInappropriate_noob, on 30 May 2020 - 01:58 PM, said:

When playing the SU-101 M1 (which seems to be a whole lot better armoured than it's tier 8 brother) how do you get the best out of it, and what does it teach you about playing the 263 and the Bobject?

 

I like the concepts of these vehicles, but struggle to make any of them work, especially if you get the campy Prokhorovka or Sand River maps, advice welcome.

 

Honestly, with your current performance in them, just shooting the enemy would improve it...

 

That's not trolling or being rude for the sake of it. That's just a fact. Based on your stats all you do is die and and every third game or so get 3 penetrating hits. It's very difficult to give some advice that requires game insight and ability when the main premise of shoot the red tanks and don't get shot by the red tanks isn't fulfilled.


Edited by Private_Miros, 30 May 2020 - 03:32 PM.


Kdingo #3 Posted 30 May 2020 - 03:27 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33292 battles
  • 8,815
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View PostInappropriate_noob, on 30 May 2020 - 02:58 PM, said:

When playing the SU-101 M1 (which seems to be a whole lot better armoured than it's tier 8 brother) how do you get the best out of it, and what does it teach you about playing the 263 and the Bobject?

 

I like the concepts of these vehicles, but struggle to make any of them work, especially if you get the campy Prokhorovka or Sand River maps, advice welcome.

 

Maybe do yourself a favor and upload a game of yours so we can figure out where to begin with the advice.

You can upload replays here wotreplays and then post the link to it here.

(Replays are by default "recorded" in every game and saved in your World_of_Tanks_EU\replays folder.)



Inappropriate_noob #4 Posted 30 May 2020 - 03:35 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 18999 battles
  • 5,786
  • [KV1] KV1
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 30 May 2020 - 03:19 PM, said:

 

Honestly, with your current performance in them, just shooting the enemy would improve it...

 

That's not trolling or being rude for the sake of it. That's just a fact. Based on your stats all you do is die and and every third game or so get 3 penetrating hits. It's very difficult to give some advice that requires game insight and ability when the main premises of shoot the red tanks and don't get shot by the red tanks isn't fulfilled.

Yeah ok, I ask about the SU 101 and you quote stats, ok sure my stats are bad, in fact they will never rise I was told this by someone who is an ingame mate and who I jokingly refer to as the Silent Unicom, he jokingly refutes that idea, so on the issue of stats alone, a very good forumite suggested i start a new account, I thought what the hell and did so, stats for that are better, (naturally did the same for WoW's and my stats are also a lot better there) due to now to many battles being fought, now, how do you play the SU 101 to get the best out of it, just a simple question ofc you don't have to answer that if you don't want to, but thank you for not trolling and being rude:justwait:

I am given to understanding that these types of TD's are the Assault ones, that is my biggest problem as if I play the Marder or Alecto (both of which I do better in on my alt (so i believe my name is cursed:D) which are as Skillz calls them, proper 'bushw&nkers.'

14:36 Added after 0 minute

View PostKdingo, on 30 May 2020 - 03:27 PM, said:

 

Maybe do yourself a favor and upload a game of yours so we can figure out where to begin with the advice.

You can upload replays here wotreplays and then post the link to it here.

(Replays are by default "recorded" in every game and saved in your World_of_Tanks_EU\replays folder.)

I had better try and have a few good games then eh?:D

 

 

On a side not, why does the tier 8 SU feel much worse than the tier 7 one?


Edited by Inappropriate_noob, 30 May 2020 - 03:37 PM.


Kdingo #5 Posted 30 May 2020 - 03:38 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33292 battles
  • 8,815
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View PostInappropriate_noob, on 30 May 2020 - 03:35 PM, said:

I had better try and have a few good games then eh?:D

 

 

On a side not, why does the tier 8 SU feel much worse than the tier 7 one?

 

There wouldn´t be much point in trying hard to upload a good game, just go with some of your average games without thinking much about it.

After all you want advice on how to get better/play better so just be yourself.



Private_Miros #6 Posted 30 May 2020 - 03:48 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29728 battles
  • 11,837
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostInappropriate_noob, on 30 May 2020 - 02:35 PM, said:

Yeah ok, I ask about the SU 101 and you quote stats, ok sure my stats are bad, in fact they will never rise I was told this by someone who is an ingame mate and who I jokingly refer to as the Silent Unicom, he jokingly refutes that idea, so on the issue of stats alone, a very good forumite suggested i start a new account, I thought what the hell and did so, stats for that are better, (naturally did the same for WoW's and my stats are also a lot better there) due to now to many battles being fought, now, how do you play the SU 101 to get the best out of it, just a simple question ofc you don't have to answer that if you don't want to, but thank you for not trolling and being rude:justwait:

I am given to understanding that these types of TD's are the Assault ones, that is my biggest problem as if I play the Marder or Alecto (both of which I do better in on my alt (so i believe my name is cursed:D) which are as Skillz calls them, proper 'bushw&nkers.'

14:36 Added after 0 minute

I had better try and have a few good games then eh?:D

 

 

On a side not, why does the tier 8 SU feel much worse than the tier 7 one?

 

At this point it would be very easy to improve by simply not triple pressing r in the direction of the enemy and hoping for the best.

What do new accounts have to do with that? And you seem to refer to stats as some entity outside of just the write down of your actions in battle.

 

My point being that at this point you shouldn't worry about getting the best out of the SU 101, you should worry about doing something in it.

 

Baby steps first: try to set yourself the goal by not camping out of draw range of any possible enemy, not dying as much as possible and getting at least a penetrating shot per minute alive on an enemy (if you don't have any shooting opportunities, generally you should relocate).

I think if you manage that, you basically get 70-80% of your HP and 49% win rate consistently.

 

As for the SU's, the tier 10 can push, the others not, though tier 7 comes closest. They are closer support TDs, but that means using armor from distances about 200m away at first so that they cannot hit your weakspots, and only pushing on lower HP or lower tier enemies.

 

The tier 8 is worse than the tier 7 simply because the tier 7 has no real frontal weakspots and really good armor for the tier.

 

And obviously the point of asking replays is too 5 or so consecutive ones, as they happen. Not cherry picked ones.


Edited by Private_Miros, 30 May 2020 - 03:50 PM.


Inappropriate_noob #7 Posted 30 May 2020 - 04:47 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 18999 battles
  • 5,786
  • [KV1] KV1
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 30 May 2020 - 03:48 PM, said:

 

At this point it would be very easy to improve by simply not triple pressing r in the direction of the enemy and hoping for the best.

What do new accounts have to do with that? And you seem to refer to stats as some entity outside of just the write down of your actions in battle.

 

My point being that at this point you shouldn't worry about getting the best out of the SU 101, you should worry about doing something in it.

 

Baby steps first: try to set yourself the goal by not camping out of draw range of any possible enemy, not dying as much as possible and getting at least a penetrating shot per minute alive on an enemy (if you don't have any shooting opportunities, generally you should relocate).

I think if you manage that, you basically get 70-80% of your HP and 49% win rate consistently.

 

As for the SU's, the tier 10 can push, the others not, though tier 7 comes closest. They are closer support TDs, but that means using armor from distances about 200m away at first so that they cannot hit your weakspots, and only pushing on lower HP or lower tier enemies.

 

The tier 8 is worse than the tier 7 simply because the tier 7 has no real frontal weakspots and really good armor for the tier.

 

And obviously the point of asking replays is too 5 or so consecutive ones, as they happen. Not cherry picked ones.

Now you see right there, there is a ton of useful information, for that I thank you.



24doom24 #8 Posted 30 May 2020 - 04:51 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9571 battles
  • 1,937
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012
W

NUKLEAR_SLUG #9 Posted 30 May 2020 - 05:27 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 37251 battles
  • 6,377
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
As above, just post 5 games in row, good, bad or indifferent. If you want advice on getting better we need a general idea of how you play the tank so that will help see if there is a common thing you are doing/not doing. 

gunslingerXXX #10 Posted 30 May 2020 - 05:28 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 15150 battles
  • 4,474
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

SU-101m is one of the easiest tanks imo, especially in a tier 7 battle is just press&hold 'w' (or RRR) and click mouse when enemy is in sight. I just go heavy line mistly unless its a tier 9 battle with lots of heavies, then I go with mediums. 

 



StronkiTonki #11 Posted 30 May 2020 - 08:05 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Clan Commander
  • 36297 battles
  • 1,552
  • [T0AST] T0AST
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011
Russian assault TD's:
1: Hold W
2: Bounce all incoming shells
3: Derp enemies to death




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users