Jump to content


Char Futur 4 Crew Skills


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

ReloadMechanism #1 Posted 30 May 2020 - 04:41 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 7586 battles
  • 53
  • [NOTHX] NOTHX
  • Member since:
    02-17-2016

Hi guys,

 

what crew skills should I go for in the new Char Futur 4? I don't plan on retraining.

 

Equipment is stab, optics, vents.

 

Thanks in advance for your help!



p6kk #2 Posted 30 May 2020 - 04:51 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27534 battles
  • 816
  • Member since:
    05-15-2015
With all the spamming gold in this tank, it is a very pointless tank to play with.

SupremeMaster #3 Posted 30 May 2020 - 05:03 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 48658 battles
  • 1,909
  • [EDBFE] EDBFE
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011
There is an article about this on news section of the site. It is somewhat accurate enough.

Desyatnik_Pansy #4 Posted 30 May 2020 - 05:07 PM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 19784 battles
  • 27,949
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostSupremeMaster, on 30 May 2020 - 05:03 PM, said:

There is an article about this on news section of the site. It is somewhat accurate enough.

 

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/char-futur-4-review/

 

Personally I'd probably swap out Snap Shot/Smooth Ride initially for camouflage for the 3rd skill, because I feel the tank is more of a sniper and would benefit more from that immediately than SS/SR, though the softstats are pretty trash and any bonus to them is appreciated.



Galan7891 #5 Posted 30 May 2020 - 05:16 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11106 battles
  • 859
  • Member since:
    02-22-2018

View PostReloadMechanism, on 30 May 2020 - 04:41 PM, said:

Hi guys,

 

what crew skills should I go for in the new Char Futur 4? I don't plan on retraining.

 

Equipment is stab, optics, vents.

 

Thanks in advance for your help!


Do you plan on using credits to buy a couple of books?



vonadnan #6 Posted 30 May 2020 - 05:36 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30985 battles
  • 259
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012
For me it will be Batchat crew that has 3-4 perks, so BIA, camo and gun handling skills, I was going to get it today but having the worst hangover in years.. 

ReloadMechanism #7 Posted 30 May 2020 - 05:44 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 7586 battles
  • 53
  • [NOTHX] NOTHX
  • Member since:
    02-17-2016

View PostGalan7891, on 30 May 2020 - 05:16 PM, said:


Do you plan on using credits to buy a couple of books?

Yes, I have 3x 20000 xp books, and one universal book. I could buy 3x 2mio credit books.



Galan7891 #8 Posted 30 May 2020 - 06:31 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11106 battles
  • 859
  • Member since:
    02-22-2018

View PostReloadMechanism, on 30 May 2020 - 05:44 PM, said:

Yes, I have 3x 20000 xp books, and one universal book. I could buy 3x 2mio credit books.

That would give around 1 full and 50-60 % to the second skill iirc.I could be wrong though.(Not counting books you can buy)

So i guess 6th sense/Smooth ride/snap shot as first and training camo as second skill?3rd BiA and 4th repairs(You are a sniper in this tank so repairs are not really needed also you have the special repair kit that makes repairs go slightly faster).

On the other hand if you have a BC crew or Bourasque crew you can also use those!



ReloadMechanism #9 Posted 30 May 2020 - 06:51 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 7586 battles
  • 53
  • [NOTHX] NOTHX
  • Member since:
    02-17-2016

I have no BC crew sadly, only the BC12t crew. I might make an effort to get the tier 9 Bat Chat, but currently I only have the crew that came with the Futur 4


Edited by ReloadMechanism, 30 May 2020 - 07:27 PM.


TankkiPoju #10 Posted 30 May 2020 - 07:08 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 25893 battles
  • 8,023
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 30 May 2020 - 05:07 PM, said:

 I feel the tank is more of a sniper and would benefit more from that immediately than SS/SR, though the softstats are pretty trash and any bonus to them is appreciated.

 

It is a mobile sniper or a vulture.

 

I call Char Futur 4 "Pingu tank", because your team pings it constantly because they usually don't understand autoloaders.

 

And definitely needs a good crew to really work. Bia, Camo, Repairs, and gun handling skills.


Edited by TankkiPoju, 30 May 2020 - 07:11 PM.


ReloadMechanism #11 Posted 30 May 2020 - 07:27 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 7586 battles
  • 53
  • [NOTHX] NOTHX
  • Member since:
    02-17-2016

Okay thanks for the suggestions! Should I not go for Spotting Skills? Just asking... 

I will take these skills:

Gunner: BIA, Snap Shot, Camo, Rep

Driver: BIA, Smooth Ride, Camo, Rep

Commander: Have a female, so BIA and Sixth Sense are free. Cant decide which skills to take next. Camo, Situational Awareness, or Recon? Cant decide in which order. I have optics, might swap them for bounty GLD later, if the crew skills make up for that

 

Of course I will use all my books (3x 20000xp and one universal) and maybe 2-3 2mio credit books?

 

Any tips? @TankkiPoju


Edited by ReloadMechanism, 30 May 2020 - 07:31 PM.


Hyina #12 Posted 30 May 2020 - 07:39 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 66746 battles
  • 657
  • Member since:
    05-16-2013

Tbh, my honest advice would be leave it untouched for now until you naturally grind up the BC line. I've seen a lot of people misplaying the Char in game and blaming the tank when they don't understand how to utilise it the best.

 

Not saying you will but with your relative lack of experience (anticipated from your no. of battles) you may not enjoy this tank and frankly waste of crew books and credits.

 

People tend to think playing higher tiers is more enjoyable but you need to more experience and map knowledge, and a tank as specific as the Char, where people with 50k-100k battles misplay it quite commonly, I would advise you to leave it for now.



ReloadMechanism #13 Posted 30 May 2020 - 07:43 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 7586 battles
  • 53
  • [NOTHX] NOTHX
  • Member since:
    02-17-2016

Well I wanted to try it. Also, I love my Leo PTA, managed to get the second gunmark on it. Which is 3000 dmg at least per battle. 

 

But you're right, the Char has a high skill cap I guess. I thought I could play it a bit sniper-ish, because that pen and APCR scream for some sniping :D  I only had autoloader experience with 3 tanks, amx12t, amx13 75, and bc12t. My rating isnt good with these tanks, but I just hate light tanks. I hate it to drive around enemies to get a chance to pen them. Low pen, low accurac, and low alpha is what I hate. Thats why the Leo PTA is so much fun.

 

People told me the same about the PTA, that I should play lower tiers etc. But I think 2nd gunmark and over 2000wn8 on this tank is somewhat good?

 

I wont play the Char now, as I will think about it. Also, there will be too many people playing it now


Edited by ReloadMechanism, 30 May 2020 - 07:45 PM.


Galan7891 #14 Posted 30 May 2020 - 08:03 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11106 battles
  • 859
  • Member since:
    02-22-2018

View PostHyina, on 30 May 2020 - 07:39 PM, said:

Tbh, my honest advice would be leave it untouched for now until you naturally grind up the BC line. I've seen a lot of people misplaying the Char in game and blaming the tank when they don't understand how to utilise it the best.

 

Not saying you will but with your relative lack of experience (anticipated from your no. of battles) you may not enjoy this tank and frankly waste of crew books and credits.

 

People tend to think playing higher tiers is more enjoyable but you need to more experience and map knowledge, and a tank as specific as the Char, where people with 50k-100k battles misplay it quite commonly, I would advise you to leave it for now.


Not that i disagree(especially considering my stats on it) but i thought it doesnt play like the BC line.Due to longer time between shots and different gun handling no?



ReloadMechanism #15 Posted 30 May 2020 - 08:12 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 7586 battles
  • 53
  • [NOTHX] NOTHX
  • Member since:
    02-17-2016
That was my thought too, and thats why I chose this tank. I like the APCR standard rounds, and that high pen. I tought it might be somewhat a "Leo PTA Autoloader"

Hyina #16 Posted 30 May 2020 - 08:39 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 66746 battles
  • 657
  • Member since:
    05-16-2013

View PostGalan7891, on 30 May 2020 - 08:03 PM, said:


Not that i disagree(especially considering my stats on it) but i thought it doesnt play like the BC line.Due to longer time between shots and different gun handling no?

 

It's much much harder to play than a BC.

 

I advised to wait until the BC is done because you're going to be spending all that for a brand new crew with possibly v little rewards.


Edited by Hyina, 30 May 2020 - 08:40 PM.


Uruquel #17 Posted 02 June 2020 - 10:47 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 29802 battles
  • 35
  • Member since:
    01-08-2014

View PostReloadMechanism, on 30 May 2020 - 06:27 PM, said:

Okay thanks for the suggestions! Should I not go for Spotting Skills? Just asking... 

I will take these skills:

Gunner: BIA, Snap Shot, Camo, Rep

Driver: BIA, Smooth Ride, Camo, Rep

Commander: Have a female, so BIA and Sixth Sense are free. Cant decide which skills to take next. Camo, Situational Awareness, or Recon? Cant decide in which order. I have optics, might swap them for bounty GLD later, if the crew skills make up for that

 

Of course I will use all my books (3x 20000xp and one universal) and maybe 2-3 2mio credit books?

 

Any tips? @TankkiPoju

Rep for one crew member, since it has an infinite big rep module.

 



ReloadMechanism #18 Posted 04 June 2020 - 04:40 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 7586 battles
  • 53
  • [NOTHX] NOTHX
  • Member since:
    02-17-2016

View PostUruquel, on 02 June 2020 - 10:47 PM, said:

Rep for one crew member, since it has an infinite big rep module.

 

What do you mean? So for example Gunner: BIA and then rep?






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users