Play your class right for light tanks makes no sense

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Steffin #1 Posted 31 May 2020 - 09:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29831 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF

What is the point of spotting the enmy tanks the first time without being spotted yourself?  And how does that fit in with the wheeled vehicles who are build for the exact opposite?

And when you allied wheeld vehicled rushed in before you, does that mean you played your tank wrong?  Should I then abandon the game and try with another tank?

Draakard #2 Posted 31 May 2020 - 09:31 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23325 battles

The only point beeing passive scout is to help your team win.

You do the work that nobody else in your team bothers to do. They want to have fun, kill stuff and win, right ?

If it's worth it or not, everyone has to decide for themselves.

You can't realy compete with the EBRs in any other light tank line.

Mimos_A #3 Posted 31 May 2020 - 11:16 AM

Major

• Player
  • 32619 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View PostDraakard, on 31 May 2020 - 09:31 AM, said:

The only point beeing passive scout is to help your team win.

You do the work that nobody else in your team bothers to do. They want to have fun, kill stuff and win, right ?

If it's worth it or not, everyone has to decide for themselves.

You can't realy compete with the EBRs in any other light tank line.

Passive spotting is very useless in a lot of cases. On some maps it has its time and place, but in general being active you can help your team a lot more.

Galan7891 #4 Posted 31 May 2020 - 11:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11106 battles

View PostSteffin, on 31 May 2020 - 09:22 AM, said:

What is the point of spotting the enmy tanks the first time without being spotted yourself?  And how does that fit in with the wheeled vehicles who are build for the exact opposite?

And when you allied wheeld vehicled rushed in before you, does that mean you played your tank wrong?  Should I then abandon the game and try with another tank?

The point of not being spotted usually means you will not get shot.Which usually means you will stay alive for longer and continew to  spot.That doesnt exactly fit with the WV way of spotting but can be done in certain maps where there are plenty of cover.

There are 15 enemies to spot.And most maps usually have 2-3 viable "flanks".Obviously when the MM decides to put 6 LTs together such missions are challenging to do regardless of wether they are tracked or wheeled.

And no you shouldnt abbandon the game.There is no time restriction when the spotting should happen and usually there is always a camper or two you can spot late game.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 31 May 2020 - 11:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77816 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

It's 1 to 3 first spots. As you made it sound like your wheeled allies spots 15 each game in the first 30 seconds so you have to give up.

Wheels go to the same part of the map every single time more or less, leaving other parts of the map and the enemy moving there early unspotted. Wheels go hill on mines every time. Giving you a chance to farm spots on the 1 lane, via the 2 lane bushes to name one. My 13 90 has 480m view range on the move. And for the 3 first spots mission, I had an ally wheel move to the field under town on Highway. I moved towards the water tower and the bushes in town there. Spotted 6 targets going for A2 with no issues. The mission for 2 my wheeled ally did spot a fair bit, but died early on. Their arty and TD campers were not spotted yet. I waited, pushed the flank on their base when the flank did open, and got 2 arty before I was spotted moving in the open even. So no... I would not say it's impossible.

You can argue it's not made for wheels in mind sure. But spotting is also a bit of patience. And if you are a tracked scout... that's something you learn to use more after wheels came.

hjorte #6 Posted 31 May 2020 - 11:54 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22475 battles

These are the options you have, when playing a normal light tank, when there are also wheeled vehicles in the battle:

1. If you participate in the initial car show and tries to fight the wheeled vehicles, you will:

• be laughed at and ridiculed by your team as an idiot running around like a fool
  • die early on

2. If you wait 60-120 seconds for the car show to calm down (typically all but one wheeled dies), you will, during this period:

• be map pinged by your team constantly and called out as a coward with hopes that your family gets cancer and dies

3. If you happen to survive using method #2 (survive mentally and game-wise) and there is a stale mate late in the game for more than 6-10 seconds, you will:

• be ordered by your team to do yolo runs into enemy territory, completely similar to what only a wheeled vehicle can do
  • receive further cancer messages and profanity communication through in-game chat

No matter if your team wins or loses, no matter of the outcome of your game performance and the end score, you will:

• receive follow-up messages in your garage, describing how incapable and useless you are

Pick your choice.

Edited by hjorte, 31 May 2020 - 11:57 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users