A new Polish Medium tank, the CS-63 is heading to the Supertest!

Supertest Polish Medium Tank

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

tomatoRNGmaster #81 Posted 02 June 2020 - 11:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 39127 battles
Ah, a new installment in the ongoing series of things that should really be in a different, faster paced game WG should have developed years ago but didn't because they're fully aware WoT was a fluke and they're incapable of making a decent new game people would be willing to spend money on. Have fun with that.

henryk5pio #82 Posted 03 June 2020 - 10:35 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6423 battles

View PostFREDERINKO, on 01 June 2020 - 06:04 PM, said:

Hahahaha, WG made my day, again. The video begins with a look back in history, mentioning some independent Polish research...hmmm, even in Soviet times?!

And then - BLUEPRINTS! As usual.

As they will get the newest tier VIII premium it is no doubt it will be OP and making the older one useless to make us purchase some.

Do not fool us, just admit you want to please the Polish player base. 

Siemka!

Waiting for the Italian dreams of heavy tanks industry coming true - at least in WoT.

I'm Polish and I'm not happy with this tank (CS-63). Because I was counting on the T-55AM "Merida", but it is difficult to speak. From the video, we learn that lowering the camo of the vehicle in fast mode is currently being considered, and furthermore, it is considered to disable equipment, consumables and crew perks (from 6: 23/24). So suddenly the ventilation / dispatch / stab / optics do not work, in addition, we will not use a first aid kit or a fire extinguisher, at the same time we will lose the perks, i.e. we will cover the camouflage for the second time, because the perk and bia bonus do not work, we do not know who sees us, because the bulb is out, and perks do not work, so in this mode we should have a base view range of 400 meters. Let's not forget that it is supposed to have worse accuracy, in general, either we run or fight. The second thing is dispersion. As shown in the picture, we have a base 0.36 (in a paper tank). So as much as Bat.-Chatillion 25 tons, and better only than Obj.430U (0.38). All other tier X meds have better base accuracy (I know we don't know soft stats, but this is not optimistic).

Another problem is penetration: only 258mm on AP and 315mm on APCR. Only UDES 15/16, TVP T 50/5, AMX 30 B and 430U have worse penalties on basic ammunition, and only the first three meds on the goldy. UDES is considered a tank for better players / advanced. TVP was pushed out by Progetto 65, and the AMX 30 B was so good that it fell into the collector's tree. The current finish line meds at random are Progetto (330mm on the gold) and 430U (340mm on the gold) - both have HEATs). In addition, vol. 140 and t-62a also have 340mm penetration. On the plus side, it must include a basic view range, reload time and lowering the gun.

I know this is a supertest, but personally I am a pessimist. I think it would be better to remove this turbo for him (especially since with what WG plans to do after its launch, you can see immediately that they want to avoid comparing to wheelers and castration the tank in advance in this mode to avoid the cry of those who will fight against CS-63), and increase the accuracy and other parameters.

View PostMiepie, on 01 June 2020 - 08:55 PM, said:

The tier 6 will be called B.U.G. eh? Well, at least the Romanians can finally say they have a tank in the game. :D:great:

Mame B.U.G.I. or the new tier 6 med comes from the names of the designers - Bujnowicz, Ulrych, Grabski and Iwanicki.

View PostDenton_0451, on 01 June 2020 - 03:49 PM, said:

Why would Poland design a tank equipped with a 105mm gun when the calibers used on Warsaw pact MBTs were 100mm and later on 115mm?

Probably "conquer" - as WG itself in the development material said, Polish industry knew the design solutions of Western countries, and tried to combine them with its own solutions and those supplied with technology from Soviet comrades. Military intelligence of the Polish People's Republic tried to bring to Poland, if possible, Western combat vehicles acquired by communists from other countries in ongoing armed conflicts, such as the Korean War and the Vietnam War. In the case of this second conflict, the International Commission for the Control and Surveillance of the Geneva Agreements in which PRL was a member was helpful in gathering intelligence material, and it was not the only international commission in which PRL took part. We arrived at the CIA report from 1952, which mentions bringing three tanks for research and testing to the current Military Institute of Armored and Automotive Technology, two British - Cromwell and 50-ton Centurion, and one American very similar to Sherman. The collection of the Museum of Polish Military Technology in Warsaw includes the American M107 self-propelled artillery, caliber 170 mm, which entered service in 1962, officially the exhibit was brought to the museum in the early 90s, but not from abroad.

PS. Sorry for my english.

Edited by henryk5pio, 03 June 2020 - 10:38 AM.

Gardar7 #83 Posted 03 June 2020 - 03:35 PM

Major

• Player
  • 25466 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posthipper101, on 01 June 2020 - 09:44 AM, said:

WG you really lost it. More of these fantasy tank tech trees.

Why oh why is it so hard to do a Israel tech tree or a Yugoslavian tech tree? Unique tanks & new real tanks . 

But no WG goes and makes a fantasy tech tree......

Or Hungarian, Indian, etc.

Nebuched #84 Posted 03 June 2020 - 08:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14782 battles

View PostcRuZ0r, on 01 June 2020 - 12:57 PM, said:

please god why more hull down tanks

To silence the arty haters.

stig80 #85 Posted 04 June 2020 - 01:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 40447 battles
  • [MOOSE] MOOSE

So the Polish engineers did the same as many other countries did: copy paste or bought chassies of a tank and put on ther own equipment. But these tanks you are introducing, I would really liked to see those blueprints or drawings. As I can see from Wikipedia there is no tanks with those names. Mostly americans or soviet tanks is listed in the medium section. If you would be historical correct you should introduce those tanks with the different guns as a choice. M4,M4A1,M4A2,M4A3,M4A4 Shermans and T-34/76,T-34/85,T-34/85M1,T-34/85M2. And you could more or less rather add the T-54 as tier VIII,T-55 as tier XI and the T-72 as tier X. Would be more true for the mediums. Just drop the low tier from IV, you will only kill the joy of starting a new techtree branch. Just an opinion.

Edited by stig80, 04 June 2020 - 01:11 PM.

potshot2771 #86 Posted 07 June 2020 - 01:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16804 battles

View Poststig80, on 04 June 2020 - 12:07 PM, said:

So the Polish engineers did the same as many other countries did: copy paste or bought chassies of a tank and put on ther own equipment. But these tanks you are introducing, I would really liked to see those blueprints or drawings. As I can see from Wikipedia there is no tanks with those names. Mostly americans or soviet tanks is listed in the medium section. If you would be historical correct you should introduce those tanks with the different guns as a choice. M4,M4A1,M4A2,M4A3,M4A4 Shermans and T-34/76,T-34/85,T-34/85M1,T-34/85M2. And you could more or less rather add the T-54 as tier VIII,T-55 as tier XI and the T-72 as tier X. Would be more true for the mediums. Just drop the low tier from IV, you will only kill the joy of starting a new techtree branch. Just an opinion.

So you want copied tanks until tier 7, a down tiered tier 9 at tier 8, a copy tier 9 and a modern tier 10?

Are you ok?

captainInsano #87 Posted 16 June 2020 - 12:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 75982 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View Poststig80, on 04 June 2020 - 01:07 PM, said:

I wrote about this a long time ago, this concerns most nations with no- or few own tank designs. What you point out has already been mentioned earlier. Ie. Israeli, Polish or Yugoslavian tech trees and so on. 

They all suffer from the same thing you actually wrote in your post = either same tank or slighly modified same tank. Ie. most of the tanks you described as low to mid tier tanks are already in the game. There are already lots of M4 tanks, various versions (M4A1, M4E2, M4E8, M4 Jumbo, M4 Shielded, M4 III, M4 Firefly and all others that i dont even remember). Do we really need yet another M4? Really? Nooooope.

Same thing with the T-34 tanks, there are already several different types including the ones you mention (76/85/M). T-54 and T-55 is also already in the game = Totally pointless. Finally, skipping from T-55 to T-72 would make no sense what so ever. T-72 would be far superior to any other tank. Compare it with other semi-modern tier X tanks. Leopard and so on, mid- or late 1960s tanks. A more reasonable choice would be T-62 which fits the timeline plus it was definately massproduced....but still, it would be more reasonable to add a T-62 to the russian tech tree before any other nation imho.

stig80 #88 Posted 17 June 2020 - 02:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 40447 battles
  • [MOOSE] MOOSE

View PostcaptainInsano, on 16 June 2020 - 12:46 AM, said:

I wrote about this a long time ago, this concerns most nations with no- or few own tank designs. What you point out has already been mentioned earlier. Ie. Israeli, Polish or Yugoslavian tech trees and so on. 

They all suffer from the same thing you actually wrote in your post = either same tank or slighly modified same tank. Ie. most of the tanks you described as low to mid tier tanks are already in the game. There are already lots of M4 tanks, various versions (M4A1, M4E2, M4E8, M4 Jumbo, M4 Shielded, M4 III, M4 Firefly and all others that i dont even remember). Do we really need yet another M4? Really? Nooooope.

Same thing with the T-34 tanks, there are already several different types including the ones you mention (76/85/M). T-54 and T-55 is also already in the game = Totally pointless. Finally, skipping from T-55 to T-72 would make no sense what so ever. T-72 would be far superior to any other tank. Compare it with other semi-modern tier X tanks. Leopard and so on, mid- or late 1960s tanks. A more reasonable choice would be T-62 which fits the timeline plus it was definately massproduced....but still, it would be more reasonable to add a T-62 to the russian tech tree before any other nation imho.

I understand. And this is the problems when they are introducing a techtree line like this. Is it just to make a base of players in Poland happy?

View Postpotshot2771, on 07 June 2020 - 01:18 AM, said:

So you want copied tanks until tier 7, a down tiered tier 9 at tier 8, a copy tier 9 and a modern tier 10?

Are you ok?

I am ok. Thanks for asking. I was just making a example for the things I guess you allready know truly. But what is this forum for if not telling WG staff the opinion you may have. At least I wasn't salty by any reason.

Also tagged with Supertest, Polish, Medium, Tank

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users