A new Polish Medium tank, the CS-63 is heading to the Supertest!

Supertest Polish Medium Tank

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

SlyMeerkat #21 Posted 01 June 2020 - 01:40 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21018 battles
Just me or am i the only one who is hating this "Rapid Mode" business because its only speeding battles up which end in constant wipes in less than 3 minutes and nothing to take or learn from it, like what is the point!? :/

hennyjr #22 Posted 01 June 2020 - 01:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15705 battles
  • [B-2-K] B-2-K

View PostPathfinderII, on 01 June 2020 - 12:49 PM, said:

SPOILER! The premium tank will be better then the tech tree tanks! :)

OH NO, did you really had to do that:(

Lorensoth #23 Posted 01 June 2020 - 01:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24700 battles
  • [WHOME] WHOME

I wonder, workforce behind this project/lane in WG actually realizes there is already 2nd french light tank lane in game, that can changes cruise mode, literally doing same effect that polish meds will have? I mean, half of video was showing mechanic we already have (and mostly suffer if you are not ebr at that time) like something entirely new.

I surely won't surprise if they are unaware about it.

I also won't surprise at all if only model that is more of a completed one, will be premium tank in the end and even soon to be seen on shop.

stormermp #24 Posted 01 June 2020 - 01:54 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 53612 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostDwigt, on 01 June 2020 - 10:55 AM, said:

Today, a representative of the new Polish branch, the CS-63, will try to make it through the closed Supertest.

This Tier X medium has promising characteristics! Let’s take a closer look. 

It’s armed with a 105 mm gun delivering an alpha damage of 390 points. A standard AP round can penetrate 258 mm of enemy armor, while a special APCR can go through 315 mm. In 8.5 seconds, the gun is reloaded enabling you to cause even more damage. As for other parameters, the dispersion and the aiming times are 0.36 at 100 m and 2.3 seconds, respectively. Also, the gun sports decent stabilization values and the vehicle has a view range of 400 m.

Armor-wise, it’s quite an ordinary vehicle: its front armor plates are 260 mm thick, but mainly in the gun mask, while other areas have less protection. The hull’s protection is even weaker: 80 mm in the front, however the armor plates are well-angled. Overall, the Pole’s hit points amount to 2000.

The best thing about the CS-63 is its mobility. The tank can move in two modes: standard and rapid. Switching between them causes dramatic changes in the vehicle’s dynamic characteristics. In standard mode, the maximum speed is 55 km/h, while when put in rapid mode, the Pole can hit 70 km/h. Also, with rapid mode on, its engine reveals a whopping increase in power: from the standard 740 hp up to 1150 hp. While the dynamics increase in rapid mode, the performance of the gun suffers (the stabilization and the aiming time values decrease significantly) and the vehicle becomes more visible.  

It should be noted that the impact produced by switching between modes is far from set in stone, and both the numerical values ​​and the characteristics might change.

To Sum it up, the CS-63 is a classic medium tank. It has a decent gun, mounted on a flexible, yet poorly armored platform. However, putting the Pole in rapid mode allows for a much wider area of control over the map and expands the range of tactical options. In skillful hands this vehicle can perform to the utmost of its abilities.

And this is what you spend player's money on,not developing the game and it's many many problems but developing bogus lines to cater to Polish player base.How pathetic,this game loses the elements that made it big,instead it is becoming some blueprint race in arms

Larha #25 Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 40839 battles
  • [KLENU] KLENU

Didn't WG learn anything from their mistakes when they added the wheeled vehicles in the game? The basic mechanics of your game don't support fast-paced gameplay. Slow turretless tanks, slow aiming, inaccurate guns, lagging hitboxes and the inability to lead shots effectively are just a couple of the points I'm trying to make. In these maps these racers spot the enemies and rush to suicide over arties even before the match has even properly started. Is that good for the overall gaming experience?

The problems became apparent when the wheeled vehicles rolled in. The games have become more one-sided and fast-paced as SlyMeerkat previously stated. Then you feel the need to add even more fast tanks in the game. Then the you think that the Progetto and Standard B are the problems. At least they play like tanks, not like dunebuggies with aimbots.

Dr_Wycior #26 Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 42451 battles

Rapid mode
High pen
High alpha

Godlike vr
Napkin project
Guaranteed OP premium

Let the circus of butthurt begin

At least until the hit of inevitable nerf, abysmal bloom, low shell speed, glass modules...

Edited by Dr_Wycior, 01 June 2020 - 02:36 PM.

Misago #27 Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21234 battles

View Posthennyjr, on 01 June 2020 - 12:52 PM, said:

OH NO, did you really had to do that:(

Shouldn't you ask Wargaming that?

I kinda feel bad for being cynical, but as interesting as those tanks look, I just KNOW the T44-looking one (aka the ugly) will be the one that gets put into the techtree.

Every time something new is announced, like the equipment, or new tanks, my first instinct is "hey, this could be cool" followed by "okay, how will wargaming mess up the balance/use this for monetization"... You guys really have a PR problem. It's called your track (ha!) record.

Also, I am in the group of people who'd rather have well-balanced fantasy tanks than imbalanced historical vehicles. In fact, I fully support wreaking havoc on historical accuracy if this gives us a better game. Up the armor on underperforming heavy tanks disregarding the blueprints? Go ahead. Removing/adding unhistorical cupolas? Sure, why not. Unhistoric gun choices? Be my guest. BUT BALANCE YOUR DAMN GAME!

captainInsano #28 Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 75982 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View Posthipper101, on 01 June 2020 - 12:44 PM, said:

WG you really lost it. More of these fantasy tank tech trees.

Why oh why is it so hard to do a Israel tech tree or a Yugoslavian tech tree? Unique tanks & new real tanks . 

But no WG goes and makes a fantasy tech tree......

Well, just think about it. It didn´t take long until they had to remove the WW2-theme from the description (i´ve been here since beta). There was ALOT of complaints during that time about "fantasy" tanks, and i was probably one of those guys. Mainly because they could have implemented other nations tanks instead, which they started many years later. Doing that instead of adding various amount of blueprint-tanks.

Anyhow, WoT is after all 10 years old. Without the developers adding new content people would fairly quickly get bored, at least the few old timers like me. I personally have hit end-game, researched all tanks, clan-scene is more or less long gone dead (yes there are still tons of clans out there, but the days when CW took a majority of all playing are many years gone by now).

So they do what they got to do to keep the game alive.

But...your comment isn´t in any sense unique either. Same things have been said about other nations tree...AND...i reply the same now as then. Well, on one side you say "fantasy tech tree" and on the other side you say "Israel/Yugoslavia tech tree unique/real tanks": Yeah well...you are sort of correct, but not really. 

In example, what would an Israeli tech-tree remain of? Just think about it. More or less every single tank they had until they built Merkava was other nations tanks. Early french tanks (H35, H39), Shermans...well, yes after a while they made own upgrades to the tank. But still, there are quite alot of various Sherman versions already (M4A1, E8, III, Jumbo, Firefly...probably something i missed as well). Adding another feels like "nah, we are good". M60? Same thing, already in the game. Centurion tanks? Same here, already various versions of them in the game. Various captured tanks...First own tank is Merkava, but that would be like adding a modern tank to the game.

Yugoslavia is more or less exactly the same thing. Mainly russian and US tanks with own designations. All the tanks they used are already in the game (M4, T-55, Patton and so on). M-84 is an upgraded T-72 tank, which is even more modern than the Israeli Merkava. 

To be honest, there are only a handful nations that actually can boast with an own tech-tree. All others are more or less just copies of these nations. Finally...Yes, in a sense could you add lots of nations to the game. But it would just be an enormous amount of copy-cat tanks.

captainInsano #29 Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 75982 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View Poststormermp, on 01 June 2020 - 01:54 PM, said:

And this is what you spend player's money on,not developing the game and it's many many problems but developing bogus lines to cater to Polish player base.How pathetic,this game loses the elements that made it big,instead it is becoming some blueprint race in arms

"Becoming"? As i wrote in my previous post. This has been going on for like the last 8 years or so. It didnt take long before they started to add blueprint tanks, after that they had to remove the WW2 description of the game because they ran out of WW2 blueprint tanks. This was a very long time ago.

Without doing so WoT would have died out pretty fast. It is just basic human psychology, keep people entertained and leave them a neverending goal and they will remain. Without that people would get bored of playing same few tanks. I remember fairly well when the tech-trees (US, Russian, German) had very limited amount of tanks. Also it didn´t to up to tier 10. Without adding new tanks people would have met end-game very, very early on.

Personally i wish they could implement (a better) a version of "Historical battles". In my world i would create ie. WW2 mode, Korea/VIetnam-era and maybe Cold-war scenario (which would probably mean releasing more modern tanks). At least that WW2 era could be fairly easily done. Imagine massive battles with historical tanks, that would be awesome.

Homer_J #30 Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:53 PM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Interesting that WG have brought back an idea which they decided was too hard to balance back in 2011.  Then again they have more balancing tools available now.

I think the rapid mode needs more downside, how about no reloading when you are travelling over 50kph?  And a reduced view range could be justifiable from extra engine vibrations.

Edited by Homer_J, 01 June 2020 - 02:55 PM.

Dr_Wycior #31 Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 42451 battles
BTW: No wonder WG is nerfing Progetto line in the same Supertest.
The king is dead, long live the king!

saxsan4 #32 Posted 01 June 2020 - 03:08 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26591 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

Where is the British armoured cars

British Chieftain branch

Japanse TDs?

I dont want this fake branch 

guest273 #33 Posted 01 June 2020 - 03:13 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37707 battles
  • [NEURO] NEURO

View PostHomer_J, on 01 June 2020 - 01:53 PM, said:

Interesting that WG have brought back an idea which they decided was too hard to balance back in 2011.  Then again they have more balancing tools available now.

I think the rapid mode needs more downside, how about no reloading when you are travelling over 50kph?  And a reduced view range could be justifiable from extra engine vibrations.

Yeah and make the tank catch on fire if it stays on 70 km/h for longer than 5 seconds...

Dude...

In the video they said:
1) Need 2 seconds to enable mode (can enable at starting 30 seconds, but that's 1 free enable per battle) + 2 seconds to disable this mode -> And Swedish TD's really suffer from the siege mode more than they gain;
2) Worse camo on the move;
3) Worse gun handling (I understand for 45% win rate players this won't apply anyway);
4) No perks apply while in rapid mode.

And you're already suggesting without any testing to nerf 15 km/h speed boost more ? Weeee

parim1331 #34 Posted 01 June 2020 - 03:21 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 8325 battles

View PostPaul_Kouadio, on 01 June 2020 - 12:05 PM, said:

Well, well, well. This is going to be interesting. If it's not too strong while hulldown, this may be rather balanced. I guess it will play like a more medium-range Leo1.  Or a AMX 30B with a similar turret, much lower DPM but higher pen and mobility 

Being a Pole myself, I'm extremely excited to see another line coming to the game, even though heavily influenced by the Soviet engineering, even better for me that based on the current characteristics, looks like we will get hulldown meds, which match my preferred play style.

View PostPathfinderII, on 01 June 2020 - 12:49 PM, said:

SPOILER! The premium tank will be better then the tech tree tanks! :)

I would wait for the actual tank to be introduced with finalized characteristics first. :bush:

View PostHunter_Ro_destroyer, on 01 June 2020 - 12:52 PM, said:

Omfg.. why do we need more mediums sf?

More than medium tanks, these will be introducing a somewhat known mechanic for a completely different class. It might affect the WoT eco system in a very interesting way.

Why oh why is it so hard to do a Israel tech tree or a Yugoslavian tech tree? Unique tanks & new real tanks . 

World of Tanks has always been a arcade game that somewhat based of it's vehicle on real design, however as you know, our devs chose to introduce interesting machines for the sake of gameplay diversity.

View PostSISQOBG, on 01 June 2020 - 01:13 PM, said:

Gj wargaming,looks verry cool.when to expecting it ?

Hard to tell now. First, the vehicles must go through balancing on Supertest.

Virusas #35 Posted 01 June 2020 - 03:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19502 battles
  • [ALTTD] ALTTD

Israel? Israel also doesn't exist...:trollface:

Zamieszki #36 Posted 01 June 2020 - 03:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10390 battles

rapid mode has a high chance of being op, especially at the beginning of the battle

we

shall

see

View Postsaxsan4, on 01 June 2020 - 03:08 PM, said:

I dont want this fake branch 

ok wg... pls don't implement this new branch, saxsan4 doesn't want it. thx.

Edited by Zamieszki, 01 June 2020 - 03:27 PM.

Misago #37 Posted 01 June 2020 - 03:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21234 battles

View Postparim1331, on 01 June 2020 - 02:21 PM, said:

More than medium tanks, these will be introducing a somewhat known mechanic for a completely different class. It might affect the WoT eco system in a very interesting way.

World of Tanks has always been a arcade game that somewhat based of it's vehicle on real design, however as you know, our devs chose to introduce interesting machines for the sake of gameplay diversity.

1. Interesting way like the wheeled tanks?

2. What happened to "we can't remove the cupola of the T110E5 because that would not be historical"?

Tyv14 #38 Posted 01 June 2020 - 03:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 56151 battles
  • [-O-M-] -O-M-
ok new polish but when u reles new italian tree

Henriques #39 Posted 01 June 2020 - 03:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 51040 battles
  • [GOP] GOP
another fake tank...

Denton_0451 #40 Posted 01 June 2020 - 03:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27236 battles
Why would Poland design a tank equipped with a 105mm gun when the calibers used on Warsaw pact MBTs were 100mm and later on 115mm?

Also tagged with Supertest, Polish, Medium, Tank

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users