gameplay guides tutorials cromwell

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

SirHavocLIVE #1 Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Community Contributor
  • 19878 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

Had a massive run of bottom tier games the other day, I actually like them and find them a great challenge and enjoy adapting my playstyle to suit each situation. 

I decided to make a video featuring some gameplay with the hope of assisting some people who are having a rough time with those bottom tiers game

Whats your experience with bottom tier games? do you love them? hate them?  whats your best experience?

jack_timber #2 Posted 01 June 2020 - 03:26 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45443 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

TBH I never, ever, like being top tier, I like the support role in arty and especially TDs.

My tuppence worth.

wsatnutter #3 Posted 01 June 2020 - 03:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27591 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
long time no see Havoc

SirHavocLIVE #4 Posted 01 June 2020 - 03:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Community Contributor
  • 19878 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

View Postjack_timber, on 01 June 2020 - 02:26 PM, said:

TBH I never, ever, like being top tier, I like the support role in arty and especially TDs.

My tuppence worth.

I get that, sometimes it's nice to be supported , try new things, take risks and not have the responsibility of the carry

View Postwsatnutter, on 01 June 2020 - 02:39 PM, said:

long time no see Havoc

hey man, yea i was out of it for a few year, had another baby and with two and starting a new business I had no time, glad to be back though

qpranger #5 Posted 01 June 2020 - 04:01 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

Playing bottom tier does not have to be a frustrating experience,

unless the tier difference has been excessively inflated by developers.

I have learned this from playing WW2 level tanks in War Thunder.

I never FEEL that I am bottom tier there.

What a relief after 5 years of WOT.

Edited by qpranger, 01 June 2020 - 04:03 PM.

wsatnutter #6 Posted 01 June 2020 - 04:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27591 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostSirHavocLIVE, on 01 June 2020 - 02:51 PM, said:

I get that, sometimes it's nice to be supported , try new things, take risks and not have the responsibility of the carry

hey man, yea i was out of it for a few year, had another baby and with two and starting a new business I had no time, glad to be back though

congrats on the baby and yes will watch the vlog tonight and congrats on the business hope its doing well

Kingfish__ #7 Posted 01 June 2020 - 04:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8206 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Good to see ya back around Havoc — I was wondering what had happened to you. Re-spec for prioritising the baby (and congrats).

Captain_Tom996 #8 Posted 01 June 2020 - 05:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21154 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostSirHavocLIVE, on 01 June 2020 - 01:57 PM, said:

Had a massive run of bottom tier games the other day, I actually like them and find them a great challenge and enjoy adapting my playstyle to suit each situation. 

I decided to make a video featuring some gameplay with the hope of assisting some people who are having a rough time with those bottom tiers game

Whats your experience with bottom tier games? do you love them? hate them?  whats your best experience?

Afternoon SirHavoc, refreshing to watch your video just now and very helpful. Finding myself struggling around 48% nowadays, I seem to do a good amount of damage above 1000 most days but no progress in win rate. I will seek more of your videos to watch and hopefully improve whilst I have spare time at home during lockdown and before I can retrun to work, tnx buddy and stay safe, congrats on the littl'un btw too! :medal:

Edited by Captain_Tom996, 01 June 2020 - 05:17 PM.

Gruff_ #9 Posted 02 June 2020 - 12:08 AM

Major

• Player
  • 26121 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW
I like the challenge.

TungstenHitman #10 Posted 02 June 2020 - 01:11 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 34155 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Bottom tier gameplay.

Step 1. Preload the gold. 

Step 2. Farm like a mother fokker at the back while your top tier dimwitted dither fish distract the enemy players you are now farming.

Step 3.... there is no step 3. If when the dust settles you are still winning, good, if not, well, you were bottom tier so blame your top tier nubs for being useless enough not to be able to stay alive more than the 2 minutes you needed to demolish the enemy team pretty much solo as usual. Rinse and repeat. 

Edit- Don't forget to add "gl + hf all!" at the start of battle just to through the any notion of responsibility.

Edited by TungstenHitman, 02 June 2020 - 01:13 AM.

Ricox #11 Posted 02 June 2020 - 01:43 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 1517 battles

View PostCaptain_Tom996, on 01 June 2020 - 04:00 PM, said:

Afternoon SirHavoc, refreshing to watch your video just now and very helpful. Finding myself struggling around 48% nowadays, I seem to do a good amount of damage above 1000 most days but no progress in win rate. I will seek more of your videos to watch and hopefully improve whilst I have spare time at home during lockdown and before I can retrun to work, tnx buddy and stay safe, congrats on the littl'un btw too! :medal:

Win rate doesn't always connect directly to damage since there's more useful and less useful forms of damage (for example, damage collected when you're the last tank against 10 tanks is mostly useless). Just focus on supporting your team, winning map control, and doing more damage than you take from others.

Supporting your team - make sure your team's guns are not falling like flies, especially when you have tons of HP and your top tiers have almost nothing left - good time to soak up some enemy damage. Make sure to use the aggressiveness of your teammates, but also don't join YOLO charges. If your team goes lemming train, join them. Winning map control - requires you to pay attention to the minimap constantly, understand the maps you're playing (everything from scout positions to ridgelines and terrain to key defensive/offensive positions), pay attention to team compositions to guess deployment, and have situational awareness where you adjust your decisions based on what's happening on the map. Doing more damage than you take from others - self-explanatory, don't just trade shots one for one in the early game, look for ways you can deal damage with little chance of taking damage and you'll see it has more impact on your win rate than just focusing on pure damage numbers. When you watch streamers or good players, just focus on how they handle these aspects and it becomes much easier to learn in a way that boosts your WR.

Also tagged with gameplay, guides, tutorials, cromwell

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users