Premium skins idea

Premium tanks alternative Skins shop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Premium skins idea (8 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Should Wargaming do this?

1. Yes (2 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. No (6 votes [75.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

Vote Hide poll

MartijnWo #1 Posted 01 June 2020 - 05:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1976 battles

Hi Forum!

The Problem

I think almost all WoT players can relate to this problem: overpowered premium tanks. Tanks like the Defender, Skorpion G, and E 25 are overperforming and Wargaming can't/won't nerf them. For good (well that's debatable) reasons of course, how would you feel if you spent 40 euros on the Defender and one day, suddenly it suffers from 59-Patton syndrome with an MS-1 turret on top. You would want your money back. It would be a huge loss for Wargaming to have to refund all Defenders. 

To find a solution we first need to look at why people buy premium tanks. 

1. For the extra credits

2. For the crew training

3. For the tank itself

We can't solve the problem for reason number three. If you don't release overperforming premium tanks fewer people are going to buy it for the tank itself. However, there is a solution to numbers one and two. 

My Solution

Premium skins. Wargaming should make new 3D, one tank exclusive 3D skins for tech tree vehicles. These are available for the price of the same tier premium tank and will give three benefits to the buyer: The buyer will get premium credits on that tank after mounting the skin, the buyer will get premium crew training (and be able to freely transfer crews of other tanks inside the skinned tank without penalty) after mounting the skin and the buyer can play his/her favorite tech tree tanks and does not have to play premium tanks he/she doesn't like. This also solves problems for Wargaming and the players. Wargaming will be able to nerf the tanks with skins. You bought a purely cosmetic item after all without any impact on the gameplay that just changes how you look and what happens after the battle. You did not buy the tank, but the skin with all its benefits. 

What do you think of this idea?

Edited by MartijnWo, 01 June 2020 - 05:57 PM.

jabster #2 Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12855 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
I fear that effectively you’ll have the same problems but in a different way. The complaint I see happening is a player wouldn’t have bought the skin for tank X in its nerfed state. To take a real example, when the T-50-2 was changed to the MT-25 one of the things that annoyed me was that I’d spent gold on three camo schemes for a tank that I no longer had any real interest in playing.

MartijnWo #3 Posted 02 June 2020 - 08:23 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1976 battles

View Postjabster, on 02 June 2020 - 07:55 AM, said:

I fear that effectively you’ll have the same problems but in a different way. The complaint I see happening is a player wouldn’t have bought the skin for tank X in its nerfed state. To take a real example, when the T-50-2 was changed to the MT-25 one of the things that annoyed me was that I’d spent gold on three camo schemes for a tank that I no longer had any real interest in playing.

That's a fair point. However, Wargaming would not be obliged to give a refund. You paid for the cosmetic item and not the stats of the tank. They could give a store coupon for the purchase price of the nerfed/removed tank skin so you can buy another skin? That would not cost WG money, right? 

jabster #4 Posted 02 June 2020 - 08:31 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12855 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostMartijnWo, on 02 June 2020 - 07:23 AM, said:

That's a fair point. However, Wargaming would not be obliged to give a refund. You paid for the cosmetic item and not the stats of the tank. They could give a store coupon for the purchase price of the nerfed/removed tank skin so you can buy another skin? That would not cost WG money, right? 

I’m not sure they are obliged to give refunds for premiums that are nerfed anymore than they realise what a crap storm it would cause in the playerbase. 

Hedgehog1963 #5 Posted 04 June 2020 - 10:50 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 58482 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

They do something a bit like this in WoWS.  The ship is a silver ship but you can buy a "skin" (called a "camo" in game) which grants increased XP, more income and reduces the servicing cost. Cost of these rises through the ranks up to 5,000 gold for a tier X ship.  However, where the WoWS system differes from your suggestion is that the ship still relies on a commander (read as "crew" in WoT) to be trained on the ship so it is not quite a premium vehicle.

Also tagged with Premium tanks, alternative, Skins, shop

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users