Some day at some point, you will have to do something about this!

Negative impact of T95/FV4201

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

KillingJoker #1 Posted 01 June 2020 - 06:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44020 battles

I could just be writting an entire post with arguments, but i believe a video displays of it also fits well into this discussion

Not that i am trying to promote my channel or anything, i just thing this is so absurd that WG needs to do something soon about it because this is all but healthy for the game, and sooner or latter even if it takes them 2 years collecting data, they will have to make a decision concerning the tremendous disparity between competitiveness among tanks inside each battle. 

People often complain games end up too quickly, with battles being boring, and unbalanced, and this pretty much sums it up....

why it happens the chain reaction of an event and the existance of a completely broken and unbalanced tank in the world of tanks environment

FACT: lets assume there  were 15 M103's in the enemy team, and they all decided to go in middle and i was the only in my team shooting during 4 minutes.. even i passed the entire 4 minutes reloading and scoring hits i wouldn't have the same amount of damage, the T95/FV4201 had... 

Now, how come WG you want to place a tank like this, which is it self a much better platform than tier VIII's, with a much better gun... and the double of the DPM playing agains't tier VIII's? How? is this even a game? 

its like putting a formula 1 competing agains't cars with half of its power... whats the point? and 

Please, don't give me crap, because in other lower tiers, stuff like this doesnt happen... yes tier VIII's are better tier VI's...

but per example a good tier VI medium like a T34-85M will at very least have a comparable (if not better) Damage per minute to a tier VIII medium...

Which is not the case when it comes to Tier X super powerfull reward tanks... because for some stupid reason, you decided those tanks should have twice the dpm than other tanks in other tiers...

so they are allready better, better armor, better view range, even better mobility...but above all that they also have better DPM and penetration.

HOW COME YOU CAN COMPETE? 

You can't,, and that is so obvious,, that even very good tanks at the same tier, avoid those tier X power creeps...

So, i eard you are trying to adress problems in lower tiers, by removing rammers and equipment, to balance the difference between stat padding seal clubbers and new players (thats excelent... aplause to it)

But how about the STUPIDITY of DPM disparity among higher tiers... Isn't THAT more important for the game health? 

Or simply, you will keep trying to ignore those facts, and then scratching your head about

"oh why the hell the games end up with 15-3 or 15-1 so often... hmmmm"

and this is just an example, because the DPM difference is what truelly is harming the game for a long time... 

and you WG just refuse to do something about it, with fear of losing your addicted meta clients... 

But someday you will have to do something no matter what, unless you want to see the players interest completely fade. 

Edited by KillingJoker, 01 June 2020 - 06:01 PM.

Venatacia #2 Posted 01 June 2020 - 06:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39578 battles
Sadly it's a waste of time trying to improve the game because WG ain't interested or else they would of done it years ago. There are a lot of players that would come back to this game if it wasn't for all the problems WG create. Even you-tubers have tried to improve the game but failed to do so and left or got booted from the CC program. 

saurilian #3 Posted 01 June 2020 - 06:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21189 battles

No matter what we say and no matter what we do I believe they won't do nothing about these tanks.

Somebody in their office thought it's a great way for them to encourage players to want to play the game. 

I look at these tanks this way:

How do I get a T95/FV4201?

Join a good clan and earn it with them

How to join a good clan? 

Be good at game

How to be good at game?

Well, you can go from here yourself ;) 

It's a "end-game" content that they think is important in the game, they wanted to reward the best players and make bad players want to become best just to get these tanks. Development director in interview stated that T95/FV4201 was meant to be very strong and agreed it's a 10,5 tier. I'm sorry to say this, but it's obvious these tanks were meant to be this way and it's clear Wargaming don't want to do nothing about them. Learn to play ignoring them and don't get them yourself, that's the best you can do. 

Kdingo #4 Posted 01 June 2020 - 06:26 PM

General

• Player
  • 33292 battles

The ever more dpm increase in tier x just became an ever more exaggerated "problem" with every new iteration of tank trees and the powercreep that comes along with it.

Look at tier 8 meds with their base dpm of 1800-2000 and then look at tier x with 3k. Till tier 8 the game is roughly "balanced", and from tier 9 onwards they just went full bonkers on increasing anything.

Which is why facing tier 10 in a tier 8 is worse then facing a tier 8 in a tier 6.

JocMeister #5 Posted 01 June 2020 - 06:31 PM

Major

• Player
  • 29394 battles

WG stopped caring about balance a long time ago. 

aps1 #6 Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:06 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30794 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6

Chieftains are not that op in randoms. The problem comes when they hunt in packs backed up by 907 in clan wars. Of all the times I have come against full teams of Chiefs and 907 in clan wars we have won once with tech tree tanks and that’s was only cos of rush down one side they went the other and we capped out faster. But in randoms not so much of an issue.

Erwin_Von_Braun #7 Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:21 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46640 battles

View PostJocMeister, on 01 June 2020 - 05:31 PM, said:

WG stopped caring about balance a long time ago. 

And yet, strangely, we all seem to keep playing so they must be doing something right...….

GodTank2 #8 Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11341 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
It doesnt matter if it was a chieftain, it could have literally been an is-7 and the same thing would of happened. Their team all pushed 1 side and your team pushed the other.

xtrem3x #9 Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:29 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 37748 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View PostKillingJoker, on 01 June 2020 - 05:00 PM, said:

Cry post

If I can take one down in my tier 8 I don't see the problem.

They're only strong when hull down otherwise they're cheese :child:

qpranger #10 Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:31 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
I already did something about this at the end of last year.

moenie #11 Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:35 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21244 battles

T95 is similar to the old T22 (only one feature made it broken)

In T95s case it is being hulldown, in T22s case it was reverse sidescraping.

T95 is more so an annoyance than a real problem.

That game in the replay by the way was just an exceptional game, it may seem broken but good players will surprise you. 

Chieftains DPM is not that great, being - 2,909 base.

My T-62A currently has 3488 DPM (same 2909 base)

Even in max config my T-62A would still beat T95s DPM (3861 v 3337)

Edited by moenie, 01 June 2020 - 08:17 PM.

RaxipIx #12 Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36350 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

It probably deserves some kind of a nerf. Just like the 907.

But let's be real,  it's a tier 8-9-10 game with 3 top tier tanks. You put a good player in a high potential tank, and big scores come up.

Like ex the TVP or Progetto, heck pretty much any tank in a good players hands will farm the heck out of it given the right situation.

I'v seen skill get 10 k ish damage in the 50 B if memory serves me well.

Just saw a  replay uploaded where an E-100 did 11k dmg...

Desyatnik_Pansy #13 Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:53 PM

Bartender

• 19784 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postxtrem3x, on 01 June 2020 - 07:29 PM, said:

I don't think one example of catching out a T95/FV When he's not hulldown really makes the thing balanced though.

KillingJoker #14 Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44020 battles

View Postxtrem3x, on 01 June 2020 - 07:29 PM, said:

Considering that you have so many thousands of games playing tier X arties, i totaly understand why you feel the Chiftain is not a dificult target...

But this post is meant for people who play actual tanks and face the tank in direct line of fire... and not just people are often clicking on other players while

they are fight someone else... Which i believe it was also the case of that chiftain player you killed with your E75 TS, he was probably distracted with 2 or 3 tanks

or had a ceizure... because in normal situation he would had killed you before you reloaded the 3rd time to shot at him...

That's why my main point in this post is the DPM difference between tier X and Tier VIII's, because normally chiftain players who play only the tank maxed out get pretty much

4000 dpm, while most tier VIII's don't even reach 2000 base dpm.. 

But obviously being you such dedicated arty player, you see clearly the game from other perspective... 

19:04 Added after 4 minute

View PostRaxipIx, on 01 June 2020 - 07:52 PM, said:

It probably deserves some kind of a nerf. Just like the 907.

But let's be real,  it's a tier 8-9-10 game with 3 top tier tanks. You put a good player in a high potential tank, and big scores come up.

Like ex the TVP or Progetto, heck pretty much any tank in a good players hands will farm the heck out of it given the right situation.

I'v seen skill get 10 k ish damage in the 50 B if memory serves me well.

Just saw a  replay uploaded where an E-100 did 11k dmg...

i believe they must restrict tier X reward vehicles in mm... 

Its not fair they meet tier VIII's, i am not saying they must be overnerfed, i just say its bad for the mm they stay the way it is now...

WG should find the solution... in my opinion the least unpopular solution would be make the T95/FV4201 tier X only tank in mm...

and meet only tier X mm

Kdingo #15 Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:05 PM

General

• Player
  • 33292 battles

View PostKillingJoker, on 01 June 2020 - 08:00 PM, said:

That's why my main point in this post is the DPM difference between tier X and Tier VIII's, because normally chiftain players who play only the tank maxed out get pretty much

Now you lost me... the chieftain tops out at 3.3k with bond vents/rammer + food +  bia crew... even with additional vent directive there is no way in hell you get it up to 4k.

I mean if you want to rant about the chieftain at least be real with the numbers.

Dagochilli #16 Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:07 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3565 battles
  • [LIVIT] LIVIT

You can still win as t10 against them when you has a good team.

Here are example:

http://wotreplays.eu...gochilli-t110e5

But normaly you get fucket. (That come from my experience)

curently T6 vs T8, T8 vs T10 are the worst matches where you can get. because the jumps from tier to tier is to much (eg. armor KV1S vs IS3 or IS3 vs IS7).

moenie #17 Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:13 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21244 battles

View PostKdingo, on 01 June 2020 - 07:05 PM, said:

Now you lost me... the chieftain tops out at 3.3k with bond vents/rammer + food +  bia crew... even with additional vent directive there is no way in hell you get it up to 4k.

I mean if you want to rant about the chieftain at least be real with the numbers.

This

Ragoutrabbit #18 Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11684 battles
Thats what I said in another thread, you just can't compete against the pay to win nature of the game now.

Dagochilli #19 Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3565 battles
  • [LIVIT] LIVIT

View PostKillingJoker, on 01 June 2020 - 09:00 PM, said:

Considering that you have so many thousands of games playing tier X arties, i totaly understand why you feel the Chiftain is not a dificult target...

But this post is meant for people who play actual tanks and face the tank in direct line of fire... and not just people are often clicking on other players while

they are fight someone else... Which i believe it was also the case of that chiftain player you killed with your E75 TS, he was probably distracted with 2 or 3 tanks

or had a ceizure... because in normal situation he would had killed you before you reloaded the 3rd time to shot at him...

But obviously being you such dedicated arty player, you see clearly the game from other perspective... 

19:04 Added after 4 minute

i believe they must restrict tier X reward vehicles in mm... 

Its not fair they meet tier VIII's, i am not saying they must be overnerfed, i just say its bad for the mm they stay the way it is now...

WG should find the solution... in my opinion the least unpopular solution would be make the T95/FV4201 tier X only tank in mm...

and meet only tier X mm

Well in my opinion they should nerf it. World of tanks  Tournaments are the only who you need OP reward to get People in ESL. Rainbow siege didn't need it Counterstryke Global Office didn't need it, In Real sport Tournament didn't get this too or When you play in the NBA you get OP Equment? or By table tennis Op Rackets? or Chess Op chesspiece?

Edited by Dagochilli, 01 June 2020 - 08:16 PM.

moenie #20 Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21244 battles

View PostRagoutrabbit, on 01 June 2020 - 07:14 PM, said:

Thats what I said in another thread, you just can't compete against the pay to win nature of the game now.

Chieftain isn't pay to win though, nor is the 279 (e).

Both can be unlocked for free, you just need skill and a good clan to win games.

Pay to win is by definition paying for something and having an advantage over non paying customers.

None of that is happening.

Edited by moenie, 01 June 2020 - 08:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users