Equipment 2.0 Sounds like fun...

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Porc0_Ross0 #1 Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 70571 battles
  • [-CCI-] -CCI-

... but the choice of the equipment set, as you realized, is based on the best average efficiency.
My favorite tanks are light ones. My favorite game mode is random battles.
Given the choice, I would go for very high traverse speed and firepower in closed maps and high vehicle speed and spotting in open maps.
I think that even if you give me endless possibilities to combine the equipment and create different sets, but do not allow me to link map type to equipment set, I will just keep my configuration that, more or less works in all maps and balances firepower and spotting: vents, rammer, binocs or optics.

You should find a way to categorize the maps and categorize the set of equipment in the same way. Or leave me a choice in the initial 30 secs. Or something like that...

Ciao

Gianfranco.

mmm_lawara #2 Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30540 battles
  • [D---T] D---T

The idea is not bad if we not count that this will make game to hard for new players , they already are suffering to much , couse of that after covid and carantine the servers will be empty again(even now the online is same as before the covid(and its not over) so peoples are leaving - main question is why) The trouble with equipment i will guess it before(u dont want to lose fire power in battle against another tank) as example u wount put un mouse surivive ability , like shell stuff and that (new helmet) but u will put it as before - why ? If 2 mouses meets as always as in tier 10 battle shoots gold - witch tank will win? in most of the cases in players have same or close same skill will win the tank who will reload faster and aim more correctly - and u dont want to lose arnt u? :D
U will say they can meet and that without he protect can't be with less hp couse of no protection - and there agian i can tell the chance there will be arty and arty will shot exacly that tank u will meet is quite small and that could be a city maps as well.. So yeah for some tank there will be small changes like for lights couse they dont have  stereo optic anymore and net , and some arties will get extra aiming stuff.. But that is couse we basicly couse they changed 1 option to another - nothing instresting ;)

The only thing what i will change on some tanks if for repair kit and medical kit from ventelation to it thats it on heavys and meds as example ;)

Edited by mmm_lawara, 02 June 2020 - 07:02 AM.

Spurtung #3 Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:37 AM

General

• Player
  • 82405 battles
  • [USSRX] USSRX

View Postmmm_lawara, on 02 June 2020 - 05:59 AM, said:

The idea is not bad if we not count that this will make game to hard for new players , they already are suffering to much

Yeah, all the freebies, such suffering.

Maschinenkanone #4 Posted 02 June 2020 - 08:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 49884 battles
  • [MBEV] MBEV

That is why the game mode is called random. U are not supposed to know what is coming nor are u to supposed to create setup conditions in advance for certain map scenarios.

Ur argument could be said to crews as well: i want my camo crew on open maps and my repair crew on city maps!

Obviously, this is nonsensical. 

eldrak #5 Posted 02 June 2020 - 08:13 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54749 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W
Being able to do some alterations to your tank/crew during countdown would be pretty great but I see it as very unlikely to happen.

sokolicc #6 Posted 02 June 2020 - 08:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35597 battles
  • [A1PHA] A1PHA
Limiting binoculars and camo net to TD and SPG only is not so funny.
I love it because i will finally stop seeing heavy tanks with camo nets but on low tiers where viewrange is crucial people with most tanks researched as i am (i'm thinking about chinese meds and badger, that's how much i'm bored and don't have anything to grind) will slap food and optics and have great advantage for paying more.
I would love for binos and camo net and toolbox to stay free-to-move equipment and for binos to be available to all tank classes. camo net could be added for lights and TDs and SPGs...
Just to fix playerbase bad habit, for example.

Richthoffen #7 Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:03 AM

Major

• Player
  • 33054 battles
  • [MS-] MS-

they say they want things made easier for new players.. lets more then double the options, mess with the proven working system and change the costs.

that's going to make things much easier

nc30_guy #8 Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27988 battles
Armored warfare sized balls up incoming. 

Edited by nc30_guy, 02 June 2020 - 09:09 AM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #9 Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:41 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 37087 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostMaschinenkanone, on 02 June 2020 - 08:09 AM, said:

Ur argument could be said to crews as well: i want my camo crew on open maps and my repair crew on city maps!

Uh, no, not really...

You can have both camo and repairs trained on your crew at the same time. You can have every skill/perk trained if you invest millions of XP into them, but you can't have every piece of equipment equipped at the same time.

@OP - we weren't given such a choice before so I don't see why we should suddenly have it now, although I kinda understand your argument...but some light tanks are better at brawling, while some are better at spotting, so equipment should be chosen based on that tank's playstyle and what works best for it, not for a specific map type...

MeetriX #10 Posted 02 June 2020 - 10:27 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27436 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostRichthoffen, on 02 June 2020 - 09:03 AM, said:

they say they want things made easier for new players.. lets more then double the options, mess with the proven working system and change the costs.

You got to stick with the 5 year plan.

Very simple system.

(Not very good tho.)

NekoPuffer_PPP #11 Posted 02 June 2020 - 10:36 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 37087 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostRichthoffen, on 02 June 2020 - 09:03 AM, said:

Less equipment slots and lower costs for lower tier tanks' equipment makes things harder for them?

What an intelligent post.

The system if proven to be faulty, not working well. Everybody and their mum uses the gun rammer, vents, vstabs, gun laying drive, in every possible configuration. Other equipment is rarely ever used, except optics on lights ofc.

You have no idea what you're talking about m8.

Rainbowkiss83 #12 Posted 02 June 2020 - 10:39 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27594 battles
I don't like them, seems more like a way to increase credits investments, and removing  the "free equip move" is even more bad considering this was the "entry level" holy trinity, i got a lot of good matches in the french tier5 heavy with those 3 back in time
And camonet+binocs are quite awesome on the VK 30.1 D for example wich is one on my faves (after they nerfed the P -.- )
Plus i dunno why but i find it hard to understand how they will compensate people and what will happen to the actual mounted equipment

Geno1isme #13 Posted 02 June 2020 - 02:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50004 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 02 June 2020 - 10:41 AM, said:

@OP - we weren't given such a choice before so I don't see why we should suddenly have it now, although I kinda understand your argument...but some light tanks are better at brawling, while some are better at spotting, so equipment should be chosen based on that tank's playstyle and what works best for it, not for a specific map type...

Yeah, but some playstyles are simply irrelevant on some maps. Noone would send a dedicated scout to Himmelsdorf as in city environments viewrange and camo don't really matter in 98% of all cases. At the moment that's not such a big deal as there isn't much choice in equipment anyway, but with the new system I'd also be in favor of at least the possibility to choose one from two or maybe three premade setups during the countdown, similar how RPGs often allow you to quickly switch between weapon configs. Benefit for WG: People would have to buy tons of extra equipment to make use of that feature.

Porc0_Ross0 #14 Posted 02 June 2020 - 05:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 70571 battles
  • [-CCI-] -CCI-

View PostMaschinenkanone, on 02 June 2020 - 07:09 AM, said:

That is why the game mode is called random. U are not supposed to know what is coming nor are u to supposed to create setup conditions in advance for certain map scenarios.

Obviously, this is nonsensical. 

all the crews in the tanks i keep have 4 skills because of that. BIA as first, and then camo or repair depending on the tank. so they are interchangeable if i need to swap them, most of the times.

24doom24 #15 Posted 02 June 2020 - 05:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9571 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
It is fun. Got my deathstar down to 0.33 accuracy. Now it's a decent sniper lmao. 

mmm_lawara #16 Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30540 battles
  • [D---T] D---T

View Post24doom24, on 02 June 2020 - 05:56 PM, said:

It is fun. Got my deathstar down to 0.33 accuracy. Now it's a decent sniper lmao. 

Well yeah - now some meds and tds same as arties will change everything to sniping instead and thats all nothing els will , heavys and most of tds and meds will be same.. Only what will stricly change is light tanks elc elven 55% cammo and some ebrs... In make case this will make game more worse then it was...

TheJ4ckal #17 Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:31 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5560 battles

They think they are making it better but people will still use the same preferred combos.

Plus I find it strange there seem to be more type of equipment than before. Faster forward speed and faster backwards speed???

From what i've seen people will have to spend more on equipment. They just wont play a wide variety of tanks and just stick to their kitted out favourites.

Why only allow TDs to have camo net when most have high camo rating anyway???

Looking at Equipment 2.0, makes you think Equipment 1.0 is just about perfect.

Infryndiira #18 Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24270 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostTheJ4ckal, on 02 June 2020 - 08:31 PM, said:

They think they are making it better but people will still use the same preferred combos.

Plus I find it strange there seem to be more type of equipment than before. Faster forward speed and faster backwards speed???

From what i've seen people will have to spend more on equipment. They just wont play a wide variety of tanks and just stick to their kitted out favourites.

Why only allow TDs to have camo net when most have high camo rating anyway???

Looking at Equipment 2.0, makes you think Equipment 1.0 is just about perfect.

The new equipment enables some amazing variations. You can make your E 25 reach 71% concealment (and about 27% after firing), or your IS-7 to exceed 20 hp/t, or your T95 to be able to sustain up to 25 km/h top speed over its default 20 km/h. Alternatively, you can modify values such as dispersion; you can get the ISU-122S's D-25T down to 0.35m dispersion or even lower just by selecting the correct configuration, thus negating its horrible accuracy.

Of course, nothing is free. Here's an example:

The ISU-122S can mount an Aiming Unit in its firepower slot, along with a rammer and binoculars. This gives it 6.24s reload and 0.35m dispersion, with 447m view range (in my setup). But if I decide to negate the view range entirely I can instead augment it further by giving it Vents, or I can remove the aiming unit entirely and settle for the original 0.38m but instead get my reload down to about 6.01s along with vents and binoculars. In essence, I have the option to either sacrifice some theoretical dpm for better accuracy, view range for a minor improvement to both, and so forth.

Maschinenkanone #19 Posted 03 June 2020 - 08:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 49884 battles
  • [MBEV] MBEV

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 02 June 2020 - 08:41 AM, said:

Uh, no, not really...

You can have both camo and repairs trained on your crew at the same time. You can have every skill/perk trained if you invest millions of XP into them, but you can't have every piece of equipment equipped at the same time.

that's true. But that is not the point.  Specialized crews are theoretically possible and would be a cheap approach if pre-set setups for crews were introduced. Just as with equipment. Both ideas counter the uncertainty which random games create by definition. 

Edited by Maschinenkanone, 03 June 2020 - 08:13 AM.

Spurtung #20 Posted 03 June 2020 - 09:46 AM

General

• Player
  • 82405 battles
  • [USSRX] USSRX

View PostRainbowkiss83, on 02 June 2020 - 09:39 AM, said:

I don't like them, seems more like a way to increase credits investments, and removing  the "free equip move" is even more bad considering this was the "entry level" holy trinity, i got a lot of good matches in the french tier5 heavy with those 3 back in time
And camonet+binocs are quite awesome on the VK 30.1 D for example wich is one on my faves (after they nerfed the P -.- )
Plus i dunno why but i find it hard to understand how they will compensate people and what will happen to the actual mounted equipment

Isn't it funny how they show in the video the T1 looking at equipment? Because back in the day, there were no discounts, and it took many of us a looooooooooong time to get the 1.1mil needed to get all 3 of them.

And, like you, I have no idea, nor are they telling, how they will sort the equipment already mounted.

Because a few dismounting kits may work for many people, but I have 437 vehicles in the garage with the 3 slots taken and the prospect of seeing a random one being taken because there are less slots is, well, less than ideal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users