germans low tiers fun ranking

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Frenzier #1 Posted 02 June 2020 - 03:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 67846 battles
  • [GOP] GOP

I recently played up to a total of 100 battle increments in most low tier Germans tanks since im missing a few premiums, this means i have exactly 100 battles or 200 or 300, etc in German tanks up to tier 5, most tanks i had played some 20-50 games many years ago when i started playing, others where added later so i had never played them. This was before 1.9 HP buff, and while memory is still somewhat fresh i thought about sharing what i think about them. Up to tier 3 there is only 3 maps, Himmels, Abbey and Mines this has a very negative impact on the fun factor, because it adds to the boredom already inherent in low tiers... i try to keep gold ammo use to a minimum, but i wont risk losing by not using it, more than 95% of the tanks i still manage a profit even taking into account food, and i play solo 99% of the time.

Leichttraktor (3/10)

Maybe the best tier 1 only challenged by T1 Cunningham, you will often see some players with thousands of battles in it, but its a tier 1, gets boring fast, main advantage its the view range, pointless if you rush the frontline, the gun, a 3.7cm KwK 36, its reliable and has enough pen with AP (40mm) to deal with almost everything it meets, a few exceptions like M2 light, 38H and similar french can be easily penned by the overkill 74mm of pen in the APCR, mobility its above average but its a paper tank, so use its speed to stay away, not get close, distance its your friend, low caliber auto cannons are common and will shred it. Penetrations values are slightly below the realistic values.

Pz.Kpfw. II (8/10)

One of the best tier 2 tanks, its the gun together with above average frontal armor that make it enjoyable, expose an angled front, and you can absorb a lot of damage, especially from auto cannons, it aims fast, unloads the whole clip fast for a total damage that is over 100, and reloads fast, unlike other similar guns it is able to put shells on target at longer range reliably, it also penetrates a lot for an auto cannon, and with APCR can penetrate at short to medium range the most heavily armored tier 2 tanks, like 38H, be in the frontline when you top tier, but play second line or rely on view range in tier 3 battles. Wargaming recently added a new gun for it, the Solothurn S-18/1000, its completely useless, lowers the DPM to less than 500, while the 2cm Flak has 1200 and same pen... penetrations values are slightly below the realistic values.

Pz.Kpfw. 35 (t) (3/10)

Kinda pointless to play over the Pz. II, can use the same gun, but for that you just play a Pz. II. Its ideal gun, the 3.7cm KwK 38 its very similar to the gun on Leichttraktor, this is a sniper, but can do frontline somewhat well when required thanks to average frontal armor, penetration values are below the realistic for AP, more acc and pen with AP would make it less meh.

Pz.Kpfw. I (2/10)

Imagine a Pz. II, but no armor, and the gun sucks... it does have MM that makes it always top tier... but thats pointless when you have to deal with M2 Lights all the time that far outperform you in every aspect, you better off dealing with tier 3 tanks in a Pz. II than with a Pz. I dealing with M2 Lights, one of the worst tier 2 with no redeeming qualities. Penetration values are below what they should be, in fact this gun is likely the same found in the Italian L6/40, which has more pen with AP, 38 instead of 30, but APCR pen its still below what it could be. Just stay away from it.

Panzerjager I (6/10)

Pure sniper TD, and the best at its role thanks to the excellent gun, but cant do anything else reliably, its paper and due to below average mobility can be easily caught off-guard and rapidly killed, especially by auto cannons, just maintain distance. Penetrations values are realistic for APCR but lower than what they could be for AP.

G.Pz. Mk. VI (e)(1/10)

This thing its horrible, it has the most powerful gun at tier 2, but its pointless since it takes forever to reload, and almost as long to aim, just to then miss due to horrible acc, considering the chaotic gameplay common to the tier... its very frustrating to play, you will get rushed and killed by an M2 Light at battle start very often, and despite having the most powerful gun... does not have enough pen to manage a 1 shot reliably, so IF you hit, you die anyway. Fun fact, it shares the same chassis as one other terrible tier 2 tank, the Vickers MK VIC, and even the same penetration lol, forget this thing exists.

Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. D (2/10)

Very similar to Pz. I, also always top tier, trades the already bad gun, for an even worse gun... forces APCR spam due to really bad AP pen, so bad that even paper tanks have a good chance to bounce... penetration its way below what it should be realistically, especially for APCR, armor is similar to Pz. II, except where it matters, on the turret, it has a paper turret, making the extra armor pointless often pointless, feels outperformed quite often. Not fun.

MKA (8/10)

Everything about this tank its good, gun its accurate, pens a lot and has great alpha damage, 55, most tanks at this tier deal around 40, mobility and armor are average, it is very capable in tier 3 battles, AP its enough for most tanks, and APCR can deal reliably with every tank through the front except Pz II J. Armor its good enough to bounce auto cannons if angled and at range, can win most 1 on 1 fights easily thanks to superior alpha damage and HP combo. Should however be a medium, not a light.

Pz.Kpfw. 38 (t) (7/10)

I really liked this tank, gun was amazing, but it got nerfed in last patch, so i wont rate it has high as i would have, but from fighting against it, seems to still be ok, a lot more manageable to play against, but still quite dangerous, since the gun has good alpha, rof and acc. Most people spam a lot of APCR, but AP its good enough for most situations. Its a sniper, same gun as in Panzerjager I but no longer as accurate.

Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf. E (8/10)

Very good thanks to the combination of extreme mobility and gun, the gun has very good alpha damage and dpm, AP is enough to deal with most tanks, and the 96mm of pen in the APCR is reliable for every heavily armored tank except some tier 4s at range like Matilda, acc kinda sucks so sniping its unreliable. Penetration its below the realistic values.

Pz.Kpfw. I Ausf. C (7/10)

I played this before it got nerfed, was really good at destroying lower tier tanks, and some of the same tier, would score it higher before, now its a lot more manageable to go up against, so its a good change, still dangerous if you in a slow paper tank, it faces a lot of tanks that it cannot penetrate no matter what, and that limits significantly the end game carry potential, can manage limited long range spotting with binos when needed, but yoloing anything that you can reliably pen its where the fun its at, as long as you survive, suicide yolo its toxic.

Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. G (5/10)

Its kinda slow, but some people might prefer it over the IC thanks to a gun that can pen most tanks reliably, for some odd reason has less view range than IC, the long reload time of the clip and kinda low burst damage for the reload makes it very vulnerable, and the lack of speed does not allow proper use of the burst damage, kinda pointless to play over a Luchs. Penetration is realistic for AP, doesnt really need premiums shells.

Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. A (7/10)

Its a big paper box, very vulnerable, but its quite fast, has a very good gun, a 75mm derp, however there is no reason to play it over the M2 Medium, since M2 has far superior view range, much faster shells and better gun handling, making snap shots a lot more efficient, can pen most tanks it faces with HE, and the rest with HEAT.

Marder II (5/10)

Its a slow paper box with a not very reliable gun, dpm is kinda meh for a TD, needs to camp a bush, and cant do much more than that, but the gun can at least penetrate everything reliably, regardless of the range. Should be re balanced to only have the stock gun. Penetration its quite below the realistic values for AP and slightly below for the APCR.

Sturmpanzer I Bison (5/10)

Lowest tier arty to have stun, its pretty good thanks to big splash and shell arc, can easily land shots behind cover in himmels, but pointless to play over the Sturmpanzer II.

Wespe (2/10)

Much like the previous tier 2 arty, far too unreliable to be enjoyable.

43 M. Toldi III (1/10)

One of the most under powered tanks i have ever played, its a tier 3 that would still be bad if it was a tier 2, horrible dpm and view range, its blind and can hardly win any 1 on 1 fight against same tier, mobility and armor feel below average for how bad it is at everything else, gets easily owned by a tier 2 M2 Light or a MKA, a joke.

Pz.Kpfw. S35 739 (f) (9/10)

With 1s of aiming time, you gonna be landing shots super fast, most players spam full APCR with it, but it can reliably pen most tanks with AP, it has good armor that kinda works when angled, at least against auto cannons, very good front line tank, you should always play it aggressively, at least when top tier.

Grosstraktor - Krupp (6/10)

Big and paper, very vulnerable, average mobility, only reason to play it over the Pz IV A its the fact its a premium, highest HP at tier 3, biggest pinata... but actually helps you win most 1 on 1 fights, its surprisingly enjoyable thanks to the derp.

Pz.Kpfw. T 15 (7/10)

Very good scout, excellent camo, view range and mobility, but horrible gun, practically same gun on tier 1 Leichttraktor, should have far better acc for the lack of penetration, forces too much APCR spam, Can barely pen the most armored tanks it meets like Matilda, especially since shells go all over the place.

Pz.Kpfw. II Luchs (7/10)

Not a fan due to the high amount of Luchs that suicide yolo, played before the recent nerf, and i prefer 38T nA, 300 burst damage its a lot, the combination of mobility and surprise, can work really well, but most players dont make a very smart use of it, in fact play it in a rather toxic way, should have less total damage in the clip but better reload. Has a lot of potential if skillfully used.

Pz.Kpfw. 38 (t) nA (9/10)

Very good in every aspect, the gun allows it to deal with most tanks reliably, can make use of its very good camo to shoot at range, mobility its good enough compared to other scouts it meets. AP penetration its way below what it should be, forcing more APCR spam than should be needed. Penetration values are realistic for APCR but way lower for AP.

Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf. J (9/10)

Similar to nA in mobility and same firepower, kinda low view range and worse camo, but very good frontal armor, armor is good enough to bully tier 3 tanks, and mobility allows to take any position early on.

VK 20.01 (D) (6/10)

Very similar to Pz III J, but no real reason to play it over Pz III J, has better turret armor, but worse chassis armor, and its way slower, and the superior turret armor its questionable due to a weaker huge cupula. Still pretty good, especially if max gun depression hull down positions are abused.

Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. D (9/10)

Far better tank than it seems to be thanks to the gun, the combination of mobility with alpha and dpm, allows it to be a very good sniper, its a big paper box, view range its good enough for its role, can penetrate reliably most tanks, and the turret and HP allows it to do in the endgame what TDs usually cant. Penetration Values are way below the realistic, especially for AP.

Durchbruchwagen 2 (10/10)

Over the years i saw many memes about this DW 2, never really believed them, on paper it always seemed pretty good, and i was so right. I played this tank for the first time a few months ago, before 1.9 and managed over 1k average damage, its an absolute beast, the only problem its the need for APCR spam due to very low AP penetration, it easily destroys any tier 3, and the armor its very good if properly angled, but what makes it really good its the gun, the alpha and DPM ensure you win most fights against common foes like B2 and Matilda, and the small turret and gun depression allows it to use hulldown really well, you can go straight into the frontline, and just shoot non stop, mount GLD instead of rammer. If properly played DW 2 carries hard, highly recommended.

Pz.Kpfw. B2 740 (f) (7/10)

Its far from a bad tank, but i dont exactly like it, because of the gun, same gun as on the S35, but 1 tier above, its too much pew pew with a gun that has too little pen with AP, it cant really penetrate itself using AP... forces too much APCR spam, but in the right conditions against the right tanks, and the properly timed angling, you can win a fight 1 vs many even when surrounded due to very good armor overall, and the ability to put shells on target non stop thanks to 1s aiming time, pure frontline tank, that is always top tier, but will struggle against Hetzers and Matildas.

Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer (4/10)

Dont like it because its blind, no view range at all, which is ok if you go every time front line, but its awesome frontal armor its not gonna save it from HE, or from gold ammo spam, especially from higher tiers, and this is an 105mm derp HE spammer, and if you really wanna make good use of it, you need to rely on more HEAT than i feel comfortable with, due to a high risk high reward game-play. Very good in the hands of a noob due to very forgiving armor, until they expose their side armor, very easy to de track, TDs like T40, M8A1 or Marder 38t have way more carry potential if properly played.

Marder 38T (7/10)

I would rate this one higher but it got nerfed recently, so the ridiculous dpm its gone, but its still very accurate and aims fast, together with decent mobility and gun angles, it should work ok, and from facing it still should not be underestimated, but its a lot more forgiving to play against now, gets clearly outperform by T40, a far better alternative.

StuG III Ausf. B (7/10)

Unlike the Hetzer, Stug III B has way better view range and i quite like it, same derp, better mobility, the armor its not far inferior, the gun shield its quite big and can absorb some shots. The penetration values for the 10.5cm StuH are slightly inferior to the realistic for AP, something that is quite irrelevant, since the main ammo should be HE, with some HEAT for targets that HE cant pen but HEAT can reliably pen.

Sturmpanzer II (7/10)

The best tier 4 arty, shell arc and splash work great, just try to keep yourself close to the max range that if im not mistaken its around 600m to maximize shell arc, and you will never totally miss a shot, this is a logic you should apply to every arty btw.

Pz. Sfl. IVb (6/10)

The arty that has the best gun depression of all artys in game, pretty useless feature... Its very accurate, but because it lacks shell arc, Sturmpanzer II ends up being more accurate, still a huge improvement over the Wespe, since it uses the same gun.

VK 16.02 Leopard (6/10)

At tier 5 the 95mm of penetration of the 3cm can start to feel lacking, especially when you end up in tier 7 battles, but the 360 burst damage still works great, if properly used, but at this tier, the aggressive and risky game play required gets punished far more harshly due to the abundance of tanks that far outperform the VK16, especially tier 6 and 7 scouts.

VK 30.01 (H) (10/10)

I played this tank before 1.9 and absolutely loved it, managed around 1.3k average and now that it got buffed... well, can only be better, the magic of this tank its all in the gun, the 7.5cm Waffe, formerly known as Konisch, its so accurate and penetrates so much that the dpm ends up being more thanks to very few bounces in comparison to tanks with more theoretical dpm, and the alpha its good, this tank was always a pure sniper, with enough HP and a turret to do at the end game what TDs cant do, the AP penetration its more than enough for most tanks, and the APCR pen its so good, most heavily armored tier 7 tanks feel like butter, highly recommended.

Pz.Kpfw. III/IV (8/10)

Excellent mobility and good frontal hull armor, the gun also works great overall, only the p2w Pz V/IV its better at this playstyle, the 7.5cm KwK 40 L48 has way less penetration than it realistically should have with AP, so if WG wanted this tank could rely a lot less on APCR...

Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. (H) (10/10)

The 10.5cm derp makes it sooo good, it has excelent gun handling and aiming time for a derp, with plenty of tanks you can pen with HE, and the fact you can "reliably" deal damage to higher tiers, its easily one of the best tier 5 mediums, while its armor and view range are not as good as a Sherman, the superior performance of its derp makes it more enjoyable. You can perform really well in a tank like this without ever touching HEAT, but a couple of HEAT for the right targets can guarantee a win for some battles

Pz.Kpfw. T 25 (5/10)

I want to like this tank more, but the bad gun handling, the bad turret traverse, chassis traverse, and really bad terrain resistance take out a lot of the fun,  its at a severe risk of being circled by more agile tanks if caught at close range alone, and its pretty blind, its fast in a straight line, and the gun its pretty good in terms of penetration, has lots of HP, but it wont be really fun to play no matter what.

Pz.Kpfw. IV Hydrostat (3/10)

This tank is bad, slow, paper, gun kinda sucks because of dpm, only meets up to tier 6, but that cant save it, bad view range. Pointless, especially since the special transmission is not special at all, its purely visual, and makes its paper side and rear even a bigger target... the amount of internal module and crew damage its ridiculous.

Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf. K (4/10)

Same gun as in the tier 4 Panzer IV D, but with way worse gun handling...... this tank should clearly be a tier 4, its slow, armor its just pretend, only thing that saves it its the HP, but that just makes it a pinata... you dont want to play a pinata... dont waste your time with this balance failure.

StuG III Ausf. G (7/10)

The reason to play this tank, its the excellent 7.5cm L/70, but it is blind, and has horrible reverse speed, the armor, while not bad, its unreliable, plenty of other TDs, like Wolverine, easily outperform it thanks to superior versatility. Clearly deserves better reverse speed. The gun has way less penetration than it should realistically have, especially with AP, it should have been balanced to be more similar to the British 17 Pounder.

Pz.Sfl. IVc (7/10)

Very good if played properly, very bad if played by a noob, its a huge paper box, pure TD, extremely vulnerable, but it has an excellent gun the 8.8cm L/74, its very accurate, has high muzzle velocity, has very high pen, and good alpha and dpm, mobility its also above average, but it has nothing else, very specific play style, the very limited gun depression and traverse make it awkward to play.

StuG IV (3/10)

The TD version of the Hydrostat, but even more vulnerable, but with more bite, equally bad, blind, slow, armor its just pretend, bad combination, gun its not good enough for a vehicle with so many limitations.

Grille (7/10)

One of the best tier 5 artys, excellent shell arc and splash, almost never misses, just keep close to the max range of 800m, and there is no cover, mobility its good enough.

So thats all the German tanks i have so far played up to tier 5, currently im almost done with the Americans, if interested you can watch me at www.twitch.tv/frenzierr

Edited by Frenzier, 02 June 2020 - 03:49 PM.

Bulldog_Drummond #2 Posted 02 June 2020 - 04:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36205 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

Excellent analysis and many thanks for doing it

Lower tier tanks don't get enough forum attention and for all the forum moaning about German ones being UP the line has a lot of excellent stuff in it at these levels

I only had a few comments:

• Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. D - I would rate this higher as I have better results in it than in my Pz II.  It is faster on the flat, and the armour layout can puzzle an enemy used to the Pz II.  Having said that it needs a full load of gold ammo or it will be useless.
  • Grosstraktor - Krupp - I don't like this one at all.  It's a PzIVA but with everything apart from HPs horribly nerfed.
  • StuG IV - not a popular tank but I rather like it.  The regular AP is good enough for most opponents and the APCR will do for the others.  Not a bad trainer
  • I was especially pleased to see the DW2 get 10/10.  I have for years been telling an unbelieving public that this is the most OP tank in the game but they just laugh at me.  The only drawback is that the unusual PMM means that you will struggle to find toon-mates.

[apologies for excessive bold above, I don't seem to be able to edit it out]

Edited by Bulldog_Drummond, 02 June 2020 - 04:52 PM.

Kdingo #3 Posted 02 June 2020 - 05:10 PM

General

• Player
  • 33290 battles

Dunno about most of those as i don´t play anything below tier 5. The Tier 4 Panzer IV D was quite nice with a good gun, pz iii/iv has a nice hull armor and the vk1602 leopard just renders all the other meds obsolete as its flatout better.

However this derp infested nonsense in mid/low tiers never really appealed to me.

Even partially irony, there you have people cry rivers about prem ammo spam rendering armor "useless" and then play derpy derp loobing he shells at each other which totally ignores armor.

Gruff_ #4 Posted 02 June 2020 - 05:44 PM

Major

• Player
  • 26010 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW
Suprised at such low ratings for the leopard and marder, leo is gret fun.

24doom24 #5 Posted 02 June 2020 - 05:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9571 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

Back in the day the loltraktor would have been 10/10 :teethhappy: As well as the T18 and T57

Sexton 1 is another 10/10. It's gonna get really nerfed because of equipment changes but right now it's downright disgusting how OP it is. 445m viewrange, AP that can pen anything and decent mobility with trollish armour (can print Starks medals) and relatively good RoF. Honestly if you like arty this is the true seal clubbers dream. The II J and S35 can go cry in a corner while I pen them repeatedly with AP. :trollface:

Edited by 24doom24, 02 June 2020 - 05:52 PM.

Alpharius #6 Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:21 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11169 battles
Very good analysis. I agree with you on almost everything but i would rate the VK20.01(D) at least as 7 or 8 points. 

Balc0ra #7 Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77792 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostGruff_, on 02 June 2020 - 05:44 PM, said:

I would give half the rating he has given to some, like the B2. That thing is only a shadow of what it was back in the day. Others I would give more, inc the Leo. Heck even the Stug IV is not half bad.

Crusader2k13 #8 Posted 02 June 2020 - 08:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 40389 battles

Pz V/IV: 13/10. E-50 at Tier 5. 462m viewrange with optics, tier 9/10 med gunhandling, 3sec reload, and Pref MM. ooooh and: Panther Tier 7 hull on tier 5. kappa-kek-o-mat.

Edit: Hmm, I probably need to give the D.W.2 a try. 5cm or 7.5cm?

Edited by Crusader2k13, 02 June 2020 - 08:55 PM.

Frenzier #9 Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 67846 battles
  • [GOP] GOP

View PostCrusader2k13, on 02 June 2020 - 08:50 PM, said:

Pz V/IV: 13/10. E-50 at Tier 5. 462m viewrange with optics, tier 9/10 med gunhandling, 3sec reload, and Pref MM. ooooh and: Panther Tier 7 hull on tier 5. kappa-kek-o-mat.

5cm, yeah hope i will get my hands on a Pz V/IV eventually

View PostGruff_, on 02 June 2020 - 05:44 PM, said:

You are right, about the Leo, it deserves better rating, its just i have always been more of a M24 Chafee guy.

Bulldog_Drummond #10 Posted 02 June 2020 - 11:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36205 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostCrusader2k13, on 02 June 2020 - 07:50 PM, said:

I don't often see a Pz V/IV but when I do I'm happy to engage as the turret is an easy pen

The DW2 and Pz38t na both have the same trick 50 mm gun, which makes them deadly.  The AP is adequate but the APCR is awesome.

Balc0ra #11 Posted 02 June 2020 - 11:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77792 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostFrenzier, on 02 June 2020 - 09:24 PM, said:

You are right, about the Leo, it deserves better rating, its just i have always been more of a M24 Chafee guy.

Well, if we compare it to other tier 5 lights. The Leo is a 10/10 as a bully. But falls short in the scout role area vs the Chaffe. But personally I like the T-50 more as a good all-rounder on that tier.

Bulldog_Drummond #12 Posted 03 June 2020 - 12:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36205 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostBalc0ra, on 02 June 2020 - 10:49 PM, said:

Well, if we compare it to other tier 5 lights. The Leo is a 10/10 as a bully. But falls short in the scout role area vs the Chaffe. But personally I like the T-50 more as a good all-rounder on that tier.

Slightly off topic as this is on German tanks, but of the various Tier 5 lights the M7 has worked best for me

Do you use the 30mm or the 50mm on the Leopard?  The latter seemed more effective to me

Thejagdpanther #13 Posted 03 June 2020 - 12:40 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39993 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

Hetzer 4/10

rely on heat / forgiving armor

Can i respectfully laugh my a$$ off?

Gixxer66 #14 Posted 03 June 2020 - 12:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20948 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 03 June 2020 - 11:23 AM, said:

Slightly off topic as this is on German tanks, but of the various Tier 5 lights the M7 has worked best for me

Do you use the 30mm or the 50mm on the Leopard?  The latter seemed more effective to me

Depends on your play style as to which gun is most effective. With the 50mm you can play at range and snipe, the autoloader is better late game at taking out lone tanks, due it's 360 burst potential. But you do have to be aware of the minimap and have an escape plan when on reload / in case you fail to kill your prey.

I haven't played my Leo much recently, prefer it's big brother the VK28.01

11:52 Added after 9 minute

View PostThejagdpanther, on 03 June 2020 - 11:40 AM, said:

Hetzer 4/10

rely on heat / forgiving armor

Can i respectfully laugh my a$$ off?

I always did better in the Stug IIIB - Never seemed to be able to get the Hetzer to work for me. Haven't played either for ages, Stug IIIG still gets an outing every now and then

Kdingo #15 Posted 03 June 2020 - 01:09 PM

General

• Player
  • 33290 battles

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 03 June 2020 - 12:23 PM, said:

The leo leo with the 5 cm renders the meds with the 75 l48 rather obsolete. Yes the pen is a bit worse and the alpha is lower but the gun handling, specially cause of the ability to fit vstab, is just next level.

Balc0ra #16 Posted 03 June 2020 - 02:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77792 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 03 June 2020 - 12:23 PM, said:

Tbh, M7 was more fun as a medium. But still, an underrated light for sure that you hardly see anymore. Personally I use the 30 on the Leo, it's why the bully aspect is 10/10.

Bulldog_Drummond #17 Posted 03 June 2020 - 11:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36205 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostBalc0ra, on 03 June 2020 - 01:50 PM, said:

Tbh, M7 was more fun as a medium. But still, an underrated light for sure that you hardly see anymore. Personally I use the 30 on the Leo, it's why the bully aspect is 10/10.

Just played 4 in my M7, all wins

Not sure if it is underrated or just overlooked, but it's very effective

I see it has now been relegated to the collectors dustbin

Works much better for me than the Leopard

Here's one from a minute ago, bottom tier in a Tier 7 game, aced, 5 kills, Orliks, Pasuccio, 7 pens into an O-Ni ;)

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5413550#tundra-bulldog_drummond-m7

Edited by Bulldog_Drummond, 03 June 2020 - 11:37 PM.

Kdingo #18 Posted 03 June 2020 - 11:45 PM

General

• Player
  • 33290 battles

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 03 June 2020 - 11:15 PM, said:

Just played 4 in my M7, all wins

Not sure if it is underrated or just overlooked, but it's very effective

I see it has now been relegated to the collectors dustbin

Works much better for me than the Leopard

Here's one from a minute ago, bottom tier in a Tier 7 game, aced, 5 kills, Orliks, Pasuccio, 7 pens into an O-Ni ;)

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5413550#tundra-bulldog_drummond-m7

Looking forward to check that out when i am back home. 

Bulldog_Drummond #19 Posted 03 June 2020 - 11:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36205 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostKdingo, on 03 June 2020 - 10:45 PM, said:

Looking forward to check that out when i am back home. 

It was fun but TBH the enemy was a bit crap.

Oh, and i also killed a Challenger ;)

Lanrefni #20 Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:29 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 39431 battles

Block Quote

Big and paper, very vulnerable, average mobility, only reason to play it over the Pz IV A its the fact its a premium, highest HP at tier 3, biggest pinata... but actually helps you win most 1 on 1 fights, its surprisingly enjoyable thanks to the derp.

how do you manage to forget it has -12/+60 gun elevation angles is beyond me.

Also tagged with germans, low tiers, fun, ranking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users