gameplay

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

stormermp #1 Posted 02 June 2020 - 05:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 53329 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT
This game is now so troubled,riddled with problems,imbalances and heavy powercreep trends followed by older lines being nerfed to the point of not worth playing it anymore.Not to mention and it's really hard to not notice how latest premium tanks are over the top,giving the impression that this game is all about fast cash-fast battles with almost no recognisible balance whatsoever contributing to high levels of frustration,unenjoyable fast battles with increasingly broken vehicles being sold or added,which concludes this game is going in a bad direction while no intention of stopping even making it worse with almost every patch.

Draakard #2 Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23374 battles

We introduced a new term... MPM (Muppets Pr Meter).

There are no teams anymore, just solo players doing whatever impulse that comes to mind.

Forget about strategy forums, and important strategic positions.. Even the ridge fighters doesn't seem to know where the ridges are anymore.... There are heavies who prefer to camp at home base.... 

Strategy seems to be "last man standing".... kill as much as you can until the game is over.... forget about win/loose.

EDIT:

Don't expect lights to scout for you.

Don't expect heavies to take the positions they should according to every strategy map on Internet.

Don't expect the Arty to assist you, they hardly ever highlight their target or reload time.

Edited by Draakard, 02 June 2020 - 06:27 PM.

Kdingo #3 Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:31 PM

General

• Player
  • 33334 battles

And yet despite all that the biggest problem this game has is still the playerbase.

Yolo suicide bobs that just run head first into whatever red blip pops up, or just rush in through the middle like a lobotomized monkey. Then you have the increasing number of "HE is best ammo" (which i blame on the increased use of derps in low/mid tier) even in high tier. Some games ago i had a m4 rev shoot nothing but HE at anyone.

Granted i requires some effort to understand the game mechanics... but there is a quite substantial group of people that could safely diagnosed as "brain dead". At this point i am surprised we don´t have players just circling at spawn trying to catch their own tails.

24doom24 #4 Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9571 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
2017 to 2019 WG made so many bad updates it's insane. 

The_Naa #5 Posted 02 June 2020 - 08:01 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12371 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

imo the game is still enoyable.

RNG is still one of the best things about the game, as always.

MM is great. been enjoying my games and been able to hold my own. sure there are few players that dont know what they are doing but every single one of us was that guy at the start. so cant complain.

Arty... maybe limit it to 2 but its a great thing to have on your team.

EBR's are fine, easy enough to snap shot, but im not big of a fan of the High Pen HE shells, should be given to regular lights as well.

Mediums seem to be the way of the Future and thats fine.

Heavy's are suffering the most in current meta imo with the EBR's that are too fast for them, Arty to annoy them and the Gold spam for ages. its all goood :)

TD's are still usefull snipers and Heavy punishers.

and we got some good stuff coming up in the future. can't wait. :rolleyes:

Inappropriate_noob #6 Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:11 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19011 battles
  • [KV1] KV1

View PostThe_Naa, on 02 June 2020 - 08:01 PM, said:

imo the game is still enoyable.

RNG is still one of the best things about the game, as always.

MM is great. been enjoying my games and been able to hold my own. sure there are few players that dont know what they are doing but every single one of us was that guy at the start. so cant complain.

Arty... maybe limit it to 2 but its a great thing to have on your team.

EBR's are fine, easy enough to snap shot, but im not big of a fan of the High Pen HE shells, should be given to regular lights as well.

Mediums seem to be the way of the Future and thats fine.

Heavy's are suffering the most in current meta imo with the EBR's that are too fast for them, Arty to annoy them and the Gold spam for ages. its all goood :)

TD's are still usefull snipers and Heavy punishers.

and we got some good stuff coming up in the future. can't wait. :rolleyes:

TD's are useful snipers if the team bring them onto their guns, usually they are at the back waiting for that one shot where they get some damage, the supposedly assault TD's just get riddled by HE HEAT and APCR if they push, love the idea of the TD's but I am not patient enough to wait on the redline, unless in a Swedish TD, but what bugs me is the meds that camp where the TD's are meant to go, LT's are way too fast, Heavies, given up on those and meds, really want to love this game the way others do but never has a game made me rage so much.

jack_timber #7 Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:26 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45443 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Poststormermp, on 02 June 2020 - 04:57 PM, said:

This game is now so troubled,riddled with problems,imbalances and heavy powercreep trends followed by older lines being nerfed to the point of not worth playing it anymore.Not to mention and it's really hard to not notice how latest premium tanks are over the top,giving the impression that this game is all about fast cash-fast battles with almost no recognisible balance whatsoever contributing to high levels of frustration,unenjoyable fast battles with increasingly broken vehicles being sold or added,which concludes this game is going in a bad direction while no intention of stopping even making it worse with almost every patch.

Well apart from the above it's still a fun game.....

Private_Miros #8 Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29730 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostInappropriate_noob, on 02 June 2020 - 08:11 PM, said:

TD's are useful snipers if the team bring them onto their guns, usually they are at the back waiting for that one shot where they get some damage, the supposedly assault TD's just get riddled by HE HEAT and APCR if they push, love the idea of the TD's but I am not patient enough to wait on the redline, unless in a Swedish TD, but what bugs me is the meds that camp where the TD's are meant to go, LT's are way too fast, Heavies, given up on those and meds, really want to love this game the way others do but never has a game made me rage so much.

This is what goes on in the mind of the playerbase.

Either suicide or camp outside of draw range. But always be sure to blame either the team, MM or gold ammo.

(Note: power creep, stronger prems than tech tree tanks, corridor maps are valid and serious issues of the game that should be remedied.)

Edited by Private_Miros, 02 June 2020 - 09:32 PM.

Kdingo #9 Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:35 PM

General

• Player
  • 33334 battles

View PostInappropriate_noob, on 02 June 2020 - 09:11 PM, said:

You should stop thinking in classes when playing the game, cause mm does neither.

This tds have to do this, heavys that etc is what causes many losses. Regardless what tank you play goal is to destroy the enemy team.

Sadly lots of people seem to be unable to comprehend that, camping bush at the redline "yelling spot" at the team never helped anyone. All this creates is an environment where everyone sits in a bush waiting for crapto happen. And whoever tries to play actively gets even more frustrated as no matter how many tanks he spots/keeps spotted no one tries to use wasd to get an angle.

At the end many tds farm useless damage when the game is already lost.

On the other hand you have those players that seem to believe they have to push down one flank till they see the enemy, running head first into a crossfire of campers in cover while they themselves fight on open ground just eating hits.

Quite a lot of games boil down to a "you push you loose" scenario and the people with less patience keep pushing enemies in superior positions despite already being outnumbered and out of position.

Weirdly enough do i see the increase of lt/wheelchairs as a culprit for increase in camping. No one wants to move when they are spotted at the slightest twitch. so people sit tight waiting for the initial lt/wheelchair race to happen and take pot shots, usually with not much success besides getting spotted doing so.

Edited by Kdingo, 03 June 2020 - 03:12 AM.

nc30_guy #10 Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27988 battles

Worsening with each patch needless changes to stuff that is ok and ignoring the bigger issues like why are there so few maps why are maps so small why is the game now reliant on prem ammo for some vehicles.

I feel they are dumbing the game down to draw the money they have seen fortnite get from children and fancy a bit of that pie 

if it means ruining the game totally so be it.

Inappropriate_noob #11 Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:48 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19011 battles
  • [KV1] KV1

View PostKdingo, on 02 June 2020 - 09:35 PM, said:

You should stop thinking in classes when playing the game, cause mm does neither.

This tds have to do this, heavys that etc is what causes many losses. Regardless what tank you play goal is to destroy the enemy team.

Sadly lots of people seem to be unable to comprehend that, camping bush at the redline "yelling spot" at the team never helped anyone. All this creates is an environment where everyone sits in a bush waiting for crapto happen. And whoever tries to play actively gets even more frustrated as no matter how many tanks he spots/keeps spotted no one tries to use wasd to get an angle.

At the end many tds farm useless damage when the game is already lost.

On the other hand you have those players that seem to believe they have to push down one flank till they see the enemy, running head first into a crossfire of campers in cover while they themselves fight on open ground just eating hits.

Quite a lot of games boil down to a "you push you loose" scenario and the people with less pacience keeppkeep enemies in superior positions despite already being outnumbered and out of position.

Weirdly enough do i see the increase of lt/wheelchairs as a culprit for increase in camping. No one wants to move when they are spotted at the slightest twitch. so people sit tight waiting for the initial lt/wheelchair race to happen and take pot shots, usually with not much success besides getting spotted doing so.

I admit the class roles are a hard thing not to think about. When in these assault TD's I get confused if I should be aggressive or sit like an immobile bunker, my instinct is to go balls out aggressive, that does not usually end well, so i know what I do wrong knowing how to put it right in my problem.

Edited by Inappropriate_noob, 02 June 2020 - 09:53 PM.

Slyspy #12 Posted 02 June 2020 - 10:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15422 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Poststormermp, on 02 June 2020 - 05:57 PM, said:

Are you making these proclamations every month? Every fortnight? It is just a video game, move on.

Kdingo #13 Posted 02 June 2020 - 10:19 PM

General

• Player
  • 33334 battles

View PostInappropriate_noob, on 02 June 2020 - 09:48 PM, said:

I admit the class roles are a hard thing not to think about. When in these assault TD's I get confused if I should be aggressive or sit like an immobile bunker, my instinct is to go balls out aggressive, that does not usually end well, so i know what I do wrong knowing how to put it right in my problem.

Think about it like this:

Everytime you die/loose a match without dealing at least your tanks hp in damage, ask yourself what could YOU have done different. No excuses like prem ammo/mm sucked/others didn't do xy.  (damage done after the game is "lost" doesn't count)

If you are honest to yourself you will find something you could have done different and learn from that for the next time.

But as soon as you adopt the "its xyz fault/rigged!!!!!!" mindset you will never get any better just more frustrated.

So if you are the top tier and td you have to make a play, not yolor but neither red line camping out of draw range. If you die at the front line with your tanks hp worth of damage done and preferably an equal tier taken out then you can at least say you didn't fail. still think about what YOU could have done different till you start carrying games.

Inappropriate_noob #14 Posted 02 June 2020 - 10:24 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19011 battles
  • [KV1] KV1

View PostKdingo, on 02 June 2020 - 10:19 PM, said:

Think about it like this:

Everytime you die/loose a match without dealing at least your tanks hp in damage, ask yourself what could YOU have done different. No excuses like prem ammo/mm sucked/others didn't do xy.  (damage done after the game is "lost" doesn't count)

If you are honest to yourself you will find something you could have done different and learn from that for the next time.

But as soon as you adopt the "its xyz fault/rigged!!!!!!" mindset you will never get any better just more frustrated.

So if you are the top tier and td you have to make a play, not yolor but neither red line camping out of draw range. If you die at the front line with your tanks hp worth of damage done and preferably an equal tier taken out then you can at least say you didn't fail. still think about what YOU could have done different till you start carrying games.

Never said game was rigged, my problem is when to push, when not to

Kdingo #15 Posted 02 June 2020 - 10:36 PM

General

• Player
  • 33334 battles

View PostInappropriate_noob, on 02 June 2020 - 10:24 PM, said:

Never said game was rigged, my problem is when to push, when not to

the "rigged!!!!" part is just a placeholder for any type of excuse, prem ammo, op tanks, or whatever else gets blamed for a bad performance.

When there is nothing going on at your flank keep an eye on the minimap, count the spotted tanks which helps you make a decision to either relocate to the other flank or push on yours. 

A scorpion g is unlikely camping in a bush at your flank when it just got spotted on the other flank and the enemy has only one 

In general push where your team has more tanks, but it needs a bit of patience and game reading to figure that out. the more campy the enemy team is the more patience do you need.

If your team takes all the key positions without much enemy movement, just enjoy the scenery for a while.

Echotun #16 Posted 02 June 2020 - 10:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24609 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1

View PostDraakard, on 02 June 2020 - 06:09 PM, said:

There are no teams anymore, just solo players doing whatever impulse that comes to mind.

Forget about strategy forums, and important strategic positions.. Even the ridge fighters doesn't seem to know where the ridges are anymore.... There are heavies who prefer to camp at home base.... 

Strategy seems to be "last man standing".... kill as much as you can until the game is over.... forget about win/loose.

EDIT:

Don't expect heavies to take the positions they should according to every strategy map on Internet.

Don't expect the Arty to assist you, they hardly ever highlight their target or reload time.

You sound so sure this so called teamplay was better before. 
Are you sure its not just that your battle awareness has increased so you now notice these things better?

stormermp #17 Posted 02 June 2020 - 11:38 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 53329 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostSlyspy, on 02 June 2020 - 09:04 PM, said:

Are you making these proclamations every month? Every fortnight? It is just a video game, move on.

yes

o_Okyo #18 Posted 03 June 2020 - 04:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4604 battles
  • [B1-RO] B1-RO

View PostDraakard, on 02 June 2020 - 05:09 PM, said:

There are heavies who prefer to camp at home base.... 

When you are playing with a super useless heavy slow tank on a map like malinovka with a EBR in enemy team... its no wonder. You have no right to blame that player, its not his fault for the current state of the game!

Nebuched #19 Posted 03 June 2020 - 04:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14782 battles

View PostInappropriate_noob, on 02 June 2020 - 09:11 PM, said:

but what bugs me is the meds that camp where the TD's are meant to go, 

Three mistakes here:

-If there is a med nearby it should have more vr than you if equal or higher tier, that's a bonus. 

-if a med can get a early shot at a enemy crossing to their position, why not ? 

-some meds are misclassified and are better suited as td's.

As long as the med stays 16 m away I don't see the problem.   

Jauhesammutin #20 Posted 03 June 2020 - 07:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24287 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostDraakard, on 02 June 2020 - 05:09 PM, said:

EDIT:

Things haven't changed from when I started to play in 2013. Were you talking about 2012?

Also tagged with gameplay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users