• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Galan7891 #21 Posted 04 June 2020 - 05:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11106 battles

View Postbnmm113, on 03 June 2020 - 08:26 AM, said:

mega troll tank,

That is reason enough to rant about this vehicle.Being sent to the garage because you high roled is just the cherry on top.

gunslingerXXX #22 Posted 04 June 2020 - 05:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15270 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostObjec7, on 04 June 2020 - 05:13 PM, said:

Imo it's much stronger than KV-2 and that's the problem. It can oneshot tanks, has broken HESH and the gun is not bad considering it has 1750 alpha, doesn't even matter if you pen or not. 700-800 damage splash on heavy tanks is not rare of what I've played against it. Remove broken HESH, it won't be go gold or go home tank anymore and it's not broken either.

KV2 has better gun handling (from what I've seen), can also 1-shot lots of tanks and will reliably splash a same tier armoured heavy to the garage in 3-4 shots. 

Edit, not to the quote above but in general;

Maybe some players here need to realize the game is not dedigned for their entertainment only! So what you get send to the garage by a single (lucky) shot... come on this happens less than once every 100 battles I presume. There are enough similar tanks in the game already! Stop whining ffs!

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 04 June 2020 - 05:29 PM.

Objec7 #23 Posted 04 June 2020 - 05:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18260 battles
  • [OOUUF] OOUUF

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 04 June 2020 - 05:25 PM, said:

KV2 has better gun handling (from what I've seen), can also 1-shot lots of tanks and will reliably splash a same tier armoured heavy to the garage in 3-4 shots. 

Maybe some players here need to realize the game is not dedigned for their entertainment only! So what you get send to the garage by a single (lucky) shot... come on this happens less than once every 100 battles I presume. There are enough similar tanks in the game already! Stop whining ffs!

Nah, KV-2 trades accuracy, mobility and aimtime for better softstats, also it's a low tier tank so nobody cares. I don't mind having FV 4005 II in the game, just remove the stupid HESH and it would be ok. No need to change the tank.

It depends, when I play tanks with no much armor I get oneshotted a lot like in my AMX 30 during marking. And it's not only the oneshots, 800 damage HE on front of a armored heavy tank is not accetable, that's why Type 5 was nerfed even tho it didn't do such damage. I wouldn't mind the 800 damage splashes if it had oneshot capability removed, it could still oneshot softly armored tanks. I've gotted penned frontally by HESH even in my heavy tanks, it's just stupid.

tajj7 #24 Posted 04 June 2020 - 06:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30305 battles

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 04 June 2020 - 04:25 PM, said:

'Variety' is a terrible excuse for poor balance. 

It's not just the one shots, as mentioned above its the 800 damage hits that ignore armour, its the luck factor which makes it frustrating to play against and its the 'threat' that stagnates gameplay because there is a 183 camping at the back so no one wants to move.

Like said above the Type 5 heavy derp rarely one shot people or penned but it was still removed because it was broken, tier 10 arties didn't one shot people that often but their alpha was still nerfed because it was broken and silly. 

Tier 9 is one of the best balanced tiers in the game, plenty of different tanks there, plenty of competitive tanks, very few OP and obviously best tanks like some other tiers, and no TD on tier 9 has more than 770 alpha and that is the crappy HESH on the Conway, all the rest are 750 or below, showing you don't need silly high alpha on TDs. 

snowlywhite #25 Posted 04 June 2020 - 06:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32565 battles

as long as the current meta(dumb hulldown with pretty much unpennable turrets everywhere) exists: I love shitbarns, deathstars, arties. And I'd be very happy if type 5 would be brought back to it's previous form.

none of them being a great addition to the game. Quite the contrary. But the current meta is much worse than any of them.

it was supposed to be a tactical game. Not a "who has better rng when snipping cupola" game.

plus the tank overall is crap. I didn't buy it after the nerf as I didn't want to go through conway. But understand very well how it works. And I bought deathstar anyway for missions. Deathstar which, post nerf, is a better tank. And still I wouldn't trade any t9 for that piece of crap.

Infryndiira #26 Posted 04 June 2020 - 06:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24482 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

The Type 4 and Type 5 were broken because their premium HE shells did more damage than their standard HE shells, and comparable to the damage other tanks did per shot while ignoring armour under all circumstances, and having armour to bounce enemies back at the same time.

For instance, the E 100 could slap you for ~750 alpha and either penetrate or bounce, while its armour profile has weakspots you can penetrate from the front without using gold ammo. But the Type 5 could slap you for 1450 HE alpha, not penetrate, and still do 450-700 damage anyway, while also damaging modules, injuring crew, and ignoring any and all armour you had. Heavens forbid if it actually penetrated you for the full damage. Meanwhile, you'd only go through its armour with gold.

To compare the KV-2, FV 4005, or even FV 215B 183 to the old Type 5 is laughable. For starters, neither of the three tanks has good armour for its tier; in fact, one of them is a guaranteed auto-pen at almost 2/3 of its height, while the other two can be reliably penetrated by same-tier guns from any angle whatsoever. The FV 4005 and FV 215B 183 can't even sidescrape, they are spotted from orbit, and have serious trouble surviving between shots if you make the slightest mistake whatsoever.

People seriously overlook how good the 183mm AP and HE is, too. The Standard AP rounds have penetration comparable to a lot of gold rounds at 310mm, while the HE still comes with a stunning 92mm penetration, and are much, much cheaper to splash tanks with if your 230mm penetration HESH doesn't cut it. The reason HESH is the ammo of choice is because with 230mm penetration and a reload approaching 24 seconds you minimise the chances of missing that 1-in-a-100 penetrating shot with 1750 alpha just because you had the "wrong" type of ammo loaded.

Edited by Infryndiira, 04 June 2020 - 06:49 PM.

saxsan4 #27 Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26591 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostObjec7, on 04 June 2020 - 04:13 PM, said:

Imo it's much stronger than KV-2 and that's the problem. It can oneshot tanks, has broken HESH and the gun is not bad considering it has 1750 alpha, doesn't even matter if you pen or not. 700-800 damage splash on heavy tanks is not rare of what I've played against it. Remove broken HESH, it won't be go gold or go home tank anymore and it's not broken either.

why would they remove hash? if anything they should remove AP since in Real life it only fired hash

18:10 Added after 3 minute

View PostObjec7, on 04 June 2020 - 04:40 PM, said:

Nah, KV-2 trades accuracy, mobility and aimtime for better softstats, also it's a low tier tank so nobody cares. I don't mind having FV 4005 II in the game, just remove the stupid HESH and it would be ok. No need to change the tank.

It depends, when I play tanks with no much armor I get oneshotted a lot like in my AMX 30 during marking. And it's not only the oneshots, 800 damage HE on front of a armored heavy tank is not accetable, that's why Type 5 was nerfed even tho it didn't do such damage. I wouldn't mind the 800 damage splashes if it had oneshot capability removed, it could still oneshot softly armored tanks. I've gotted penned frontally by HESH even in my heavy tanks, it's just stupid.

If you get opened in heavy tanks by 230 pen on hash then you are not playing properly. Its so hard to pen heavy tanks with hash in Fv215b 183, Theo only people saying its OP are the ones who want to doming every map with their heavy tanks

Fv218b 183 requires much more skill to play than is for example 

Kdingo #28 Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:49 PM

General

• Player
  • 33415 battles

View Postsaxsan4, on 04 June 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

why would they remove hash? if anything they should remove AP since in Real life it only fired hash

If you get opened in heavy tanks by 230 pen on hash then you are not playing properly. Its so hard to pen heavy tanks with hash in Fv215b 183, Theo only people saying its OP are the ones who want to doming every map with their heavy tanks

1. Its called hesh not hash, you can´t eat the former one.. or at least should not.

2. You probably also meant to say dominate instead of doming

I mean i get it if english isn´t your first language but certain things are just painful.

Also the sh*tbarn and 183 are only more difficult to play on a higher skill level. For the average bob it requires far less skill to achieve the average amount of 600-800 dpg when lobbing hesh around the map.

Objec7 #29 Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18260 battles
  • [OOUUF] OOUUF

View Postsaxsan4, on 04 June 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

I am not saying it's op tank. And maybe I'm not playing 'properly', but still better than 99 % of the playerbase. I bet you are the kind that camps Prokhorovka forest in your heavy tanks thinking that's how that map is played properly.

24doom24 #30 Posted 04 June 2020 - 10:35 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 9593 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostObjec7, on 04 June 2020 - 07:10 PM, said:

I am not saying it's op tank. And maybe I'm not playing 'properly', but still better than 99 % of the playerbase. I bet you are the kind that camps Prokhorovka forest in your heavy tanks thinking that's how that map is played properly.

Unless you are talking about an alt account you haven't played it at all. You don't own one, at least, on your "Objec7" account. 

Objec7 #31 Posted 04 June 2020 - 10:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18260 battles
  • [OOUUF] OOUUF

View Post24doom24, on 04 June 2020 - 10:35 PM, said:

Unless you are talking about an alt account you haven't played it at all. You don't own one, at least, on your "Objec7" account. 

I haven't played FV 4005 II on public servers and never said so. I have tested it on the test server though, but mostly my opinion is based on fighting against it. And that's only in regards to 800 slpash HE damage to heavy tanks.

Hyina #32 Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 67254 battles

View PostInfryndiira, on 04 June 2020 - 06:48 PM, said:

The Type 4 and Type 5 were broken because their premium HE shells did more damage than their standard HE shells, and comparable to the damage other tanks did per shot while ignoring armour under all circumstances, and having armour to bounce enemies back at the same time.

For instance, the E 100 could slap you for ~750 alpha and either penetrate or bounce, while its armour profile has weakspots you can penetrate from the front without using gold ammo. But the Type 5 could slap you for 1450 HE alpha, not penetrate, and still do 450-700 damage anyway, while also damaging modules, injuring crew, and ignoring any and all armour you had. Heavens forbid if it actually penetrated you for the full damage. Meanwhile, you'd only go through its armour with gold.

To compare the KV-2, FV 4005, or even FV 215B 183 to the old Type 5 is laughable. For starters, neither of the three tanks has good armour for its tier; in fact, one of them is a guaranteed auto-pen at almost 2/3 of its height, while the other two can be reliably penetrated by same-tier guns from any angle whatsoever. The FV 4005 and FV 215B 183 can't even sidescrape, they are spotted from orbit, and have serious trouble surviving between shots if you make the slightest mistake whatsoever.

People seriously overlook how good the 183mm AP and HE is, too. The Standard AP rounds have penetration comparable to a lot of gold rounds at 310mm, while the HE still comes with a stunning 92mm penetration, and are much, much cheaper to splash tanks with if your 230mm penetration HESH doesn't cut it. The reason HESH is the ammo of choice is because with 230mm penetration and a reload approaching 24 seconds you minimise the chances of missing that 1-in-a-100 penetrating shot with 1750 alpha just because you had the "wrong" type of ammo loaded.

Exactly. For a while when I was budgeting credits (lol) I was running APs and HEs only, the splash dmg is pretty much the same and you won't need to spend time exposing yourself aiming hoping for that jackpot penetration. The dmg output is actually more constent I found, and some tanks you can still pen with 90mm, 1 shot a T34 side no probs a while back.

Let's be honest though people only play these for the memes, they are not even competitive and the people who complain about being 1 shot are making the mistakes of being shot at in the first place.

rimmer_the #33 Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:20 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3682 battles
  • [H-F-T] H-F-T

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 04 June 2020 - 05:25 PM, said:

Seems you missed some posts. Arty was heavily nerfed for one-shotting things, and this thing is untouched ? I just don't like illogical things, never been one shotted by one of these things. 

saxsan4 #34 Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:21 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26591 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostObjec7, on 04 June 2020 - 07:10 PM, said:

I have Prokhorvka permantely blacklisted so I never have to deal with that monstrosity 

bnmm113 #35 Posted 05 June 2020 - 07:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12747 battles
  • [4K1LL] 4K1LL

View PostObjec7, on 04 June 2020 - 10:49 PM, said:

I haven't played FV 4005 II on public servers and never said so. I have tested it on the test server though, but mostly my opinion is based on fighting against it. And that's only in regards to 800 slpash HE damage to heavy tanks.

you can mostly still outtrade it, snapshot at the giant paper turret, preferably with he, and deal around 500 dmg. since it has low hp, youll grind it down quite quickly.

also, arty is a natural enemy of fv, i usually get focused by arty, and die because of two rounds.

Oldewolfe #36 Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 536 battles

I generally Prefer the AP for the More Consistant Damage Output....     Yah it can Bounce Occasionally, but when Most are Charging you and expecting a Low Roll for 600 from the HESH and you give them 1200 in the Face Instead, it Changes their Tune for the Rest of the Game...      And the AP is GREAT for Ammo Racks, the 310 Pen Cuts thru Most Tanks pretty Good....

https://www.youtube....h?v=CdZf4h1g27o

https://www.youtube....jO1OqR14&t=376s

https://www.youtube....9qD8LmHI&t=126s

Also tagged with gold ammo, hesh, p2w, rebalance, premium

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users