How are bots still active in this game?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Argonaught #1 Posted 03 June 2020 - 03:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10081 battles
Why not implement the same popup you get when you want to sell certain tanks?
For battles have a popup with a random small number or letter combo so you know it's not a bot...come on WG.

one of the reasons I'll never go premium. Another one is the bloody lemming train in games, all one side.

If bots are allowed then make it all single player and let us play against npc.

I despair.

malachi6 #2 Posted 03 June 2020 - 03:33 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51526 battles

What is your evidence for extensive bot usage?  I assume you have access to better tools than I do?  Because a feeling a tank is a bot is not proof a tank is a bot. 

Also, how long do you think it would be before the forums were flooded with complaints about the captcha?

Edited by malachi6, 03 June 2020 - 03:34 PM.

The_Naa #3 Posted 03 June 2020 - 03:34 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12371 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostArgonaught, on 03 June 2020 - 03:29 PM, said:

For battles have a popup with a random small number or letter combo so you know it's not a bot...come on WG.

you want a message to apear that tells you the players are not bots. in the EU server where there are no bots?

Block Quote

one of the reasons I'll never go premium. Another one is the bloody lemming train in games, all one side.

so you dont want to buy Premium because players make poor decisions? thats a new one.

Block Quote

and you want the game to be single player so you can play against bots?

Block Quote

I despair.

it appears so.

Argonaught #4 Posted 03 June 2020 - 03:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10081 battles

View Postmalachi6, on 03 June 2020 - 02:33 PM, said:

What is your evidence for extensive bot usage?  I assume you have access to better tools than I do?  Because a feeling a tank is a bot is not proof a tank is a bot. 

Also, how long do you think it would be before the forums were flooded with complaints about the captcha?

Since I don't run the code..none...but what's it called when a tank follows you around? even ramming you out of cover? explain it if you can and don't be a fan boy. it's a bot world in there.

14:36 Added after 1 minute

View PostThe_Naa, on 03 June 2020 - 02:34 PM, said:

you want a message to apear that tells you the players are not bots. in the EU server where there are no bots?

so you dont want to buy Premium because players make poor decisions? thats a new one.

and you want the game to be single player so you can play against bots?

it appears so.

Not tell players there's a bot...bloody think....to sell certain tanks and before sale you need to input the cost....before allowing them into the que they need to input a code...whats the hard bit you can't get?

The_Naa #5 Posted 03 June 2020 - 03:40 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12371 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostArgonaught, on 03 June 2020 - 03:35 PM, said:

Not tell players there's a bot...bloody think....to sell certain tanks and before sale you need to input the cost....before allowing them into the que they need to input a code...whats the hard bit you can't get?

oh you mean when you sell expensive tanks, i thought you were talking about ones that you can restore or the little ''PZ.IVH has been sold successfully.'' right now i got ya.

but still why do you think that would stop bots?

Miepie #6 Posted 03 June 2020 - 03:42 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 6401 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmalachi6, on 03 June 2020 - 03:33 PM, said:

Surely we live in an age where we can simply program a bot to enter the Captcha codes for us instead of having to do it ourselves? :popcorn:

Argonaught #7 Posted 03 June 2020 - 03:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10081 battles

View PostThe_Naa, on 03 June 2020 - 02:40 PM, said:

oh you mean when you sell expensive tanks, i thought you were talking about ones that you can restore or the little ''PZ.IVH has been sold successfully.'' right now i got ya.

but still why do you think that would stop bots?

Bots can't read image captchas and so can't get in.

Is there some other way to play a decent even game that I don't know that everyone else seems happy with?

14:45 Added after 2 minute
Tell you what guys, forget it, you're all close minded to anyone that disagrees with elements of your game.

Accepting mediocre stuff and paying for is bad, that's why we can't have nice things.

So long o/.

Sabre_Edge #8 Posted 03 June 2020 - 03:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5655 battles
  • [R-U] R-U

How big a problem are bots in the game in your view and how many would typically encounter in say a 20 battle session? 

The reason I ask is that for me I really don't see an issue with bots (real bots, not bad players getting called noobs or bots).  I think they are so few as to be insignificant in their overall impact to your winrate and that you have a far greater chance of getting a 44% winrate player on your team that you would wish was an actual bot.

I would suggest that humans are more likely to lemming train than bots but that is just my guess.  The few bots I have seen tend to play more campy and actually rack up a pretty good damage score.

Edited by Sabre_Edge, 03 June 2020 - 03:48 PM.

Flicka #9 Posted 03 June 2020 - 03:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23759 battles
  • [CELL] CELL
Think he spent too much time at tier V, it messed with his...something.

NekoPuffer_PPP #10 Posted 03 June 2020 - 03:59 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37087 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Postmalachi6, on 03 June 2020 - 03:33 PM, said:

If I had to complete a captcha every time I logged in, I'd rather kill myself.

Some players don't move as soon as the battle starts...this can happen due to real life events, or issues with the game/hardware (such as a HDD).

Actual bots are rare.

_Anarchistic_ #11 Posted 03 June 2020 - 04:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49505 battles

presumably to pad the player numbers

you dont think WG removed all the low tiers because they had lots of new players?

its because they were having to add bots to get the numbers up

TheJ4ckal #12 Posted 03 June 2020 - 04:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5560 battles

Since I don't run the code..none...but what's it called when a tank follows you around? even ramming you out of cover? explain it if you can and don't be a fan boy. it's a bot world in there.

Thats called an [edited] That's nothing to do with an automated bot.

Just play the game and stop smoking weed. You are paranoid.

Edited by unhappy__bunny, 03 June 2020 - 06:51 PM.
Swearing

Ricox #13 Posted 03 June 2020 - 04:09 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 1517 battles

View PostArgonaught, on 03 June 2020 - 02:29 PM, said:

I despair.

So let's inconvenience every single player with a meaningless regularly appearing pop-up that any bot program can deal with? Maybe you should work for Wargaming! Or maybe even NASA, they'd love you there!!

Gixxer66 #14 Posted 03 June 2020 - 04:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20948 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 03 June 2020 - 03:01 PM, said:

presumably to pad the player numbers

you dont think WG removed all the low tiers because they had lots of new players?

its because they were having to add bots to get the numbers up

Is this all detective work on your part? 

Great work, now can i see the evidence that there 1000's of WG bots. Show me how you went about differentiating between a bad player and a AI bot controlled by WG please, I'd like to do the same in my battles.

The_Naa #15 Posted 03 June 2020 - 04:16 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12371 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostArgonaught, on 03 June 2020 - 03:43 PM, said:

Bots can't read image captchas and so can't get in.

Is there some other way to play a decent even game that I don't know that everyone else seems happy with?

and even if it would be in the game i would bet we would get more complains about a popup coming up when ever they press battle and wasting their Booster time and waste their time in general.

Balc0ra #16 Posted 03 June 2020 - 04:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77836 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

If I had to type a few numbers each time before a battle. I suspect most would play less. That and there is a reason why most sites have images of traffic lights vs letters to confirm bots.

So lemmings are evidence of all bots? I did not know bot programs were that smart yet. I thought bots only camped cap? But what you are basically saying, anyone more bad them me, or don't play the way I want is a bot. And that aspect won't change even with a letter combo.

Gruff_ #17 Posted 03 June 2020 - 04:16 PM

Major

• Player
  • 26116 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW

Play early hours 4-6am you will see the bots more obviously that have been left to run over night, they follow and congregate, during the day this is a lot less obvious as people generally play themselves, so they arent active and those live bots still around are a lot more dilluted due to more actual live players.

As an example I looked up an Exelsior player that appeared in a couple of my games on both sides the other month and found this:

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/community/accounts/#wot&at_search=mediontanker obvious bot is obvious

Edited by Gruff_, 03 June 2020 - 04:17 PM.

Miepie #18 Posted 03 June 2020 - 04:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 6401 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGruff_, on 03 June 2020 - 04:16 PM, said:

Play early hours 4-6am you will see the bots more obviously that have been left to run over night, they follow and congregate, during the day this is a lot less obvious as people generally play themselves, so they arent active and those live bots still around are a lot more dilluted due to more actual live players.

As an example I looked up an Exelsior player that appeared in a couple of my games on both sides the other month and found this:

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/community/accounts/#wot&at_search=mediontanker obvious bot is obvious

Ooh, there is a swarm of hundreds of him, all the same... Some Excelsior play and after that hundreds of battles in the M7 and M37 arties... Think he is doing it to give himself referral program tanks? :popcorn:

malachi6 #19 Posted 03 June 2020 - 04:51 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51526 battles

You admit you do not actually know if there are bots and then use an argument from incredulity as evidence.  You then proceed to poison the well by suggesting my asking for evidence is being a fanboy.  How can I ask you to give valid evidence without appearing to be a fanboy?

Can you not see that your first premise, there are bots, is founded upon a fallacy?  I do not dispute that there are bots in the game.  My argument is that as players we do not have the tools available to know if a particular behaviour is a bot, troll,, poor pc or bad internet.  There are times when it is perfectly acceptable to say, I do not know" and I will reserve judgement until such time as I can gather good evidence.

Kdingo #20 Posted 03 June 2020 - 04:54 PM

General

• Player
  • 33334 battles
Today i had arty players saying "hi" in chat. Clearly proof bots exist as its common knowledge that arty players don´t use keyboards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users