The great map tactics of Studzianski thread

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

ZlatanArKung #1 Posted 03 June 2020 - 08:13 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

Don't know where to start, so many viable option on this map.

So skip right to the tldr.

Never go down into the dip before at least 10 tanks in total are dead and your team is at least 5 tanks ahead.

Based on some games of the map where the team that goes down into the dip and then try to push pretty much always lose. The few times they win, it is after their push got killed and enemy team with a tank advantage now push and the few remaining tanks manage to take them out and thus win.

frange #2 Posted 03 June 2020 - 08:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 33518 battles
  • [FRNR] FRNR

Just make sure there is pressure on the northen middle hill with TDs behind covering the spotters. Have carried several matches using spotter LT/MT or TD clearing the hill and spotting the factory HT lane, and then pushing forwards towards their TDs and clickers.

Even using the M10 RBFM in tier VII matches starting out shooting at the HTs, then clearing the hills and pushing up the hill alone spotting/snipering whatever i find to shoot at. using full camo and spotting crew, camo net and binos, have resultet in Ace Tanker, 5+ kills and 4k+ combined dmg in a tier V "tank"..

If that hill is lost or left unguarded - you are pretty sure to loose the match no matter what the rest of the team does.

Edited by frange, 03 June 2020 - 08:34 PM.

crnakoza #3 Posted 03 June 2020 - 11:33 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 63764 battles

View PostZlatanArKung, on 03 June 2020 - 08:13 PM, said:

Based on some games of the map where the team that goes down into the dip and then try to push pretty much always lose.

You don't push from the dip. You stay in the dip and spot pretty much the 2/3 of the map. Once you're in you stay in until there aren't enough tanks to shoot you back when you get out.

22:35 Added after 2 minute

View Postfrange, on 03 June 2020 - 08:32 PM, said:

If that hill is lost or left unguarded - you are pretty sure to loose the match no matter what the rest of the team does.

What? I don't value north as important, at all.

Private_Miros #4 Posted 03 June 2020 - 11:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29730 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View Postcrnakoza, on 03 June 2020 - 10:33 PM, said:

You don't push from the dip. You stay in the dip and spot pretty much the 2/3 of the map. Once you're in you stay in until there aren't enough tanks to shoot you back when you get out.

22:35 Added after 2 minute

What? I don't value north as important, at all.

The whole map is hide and wait with attempting to take some vision spots but running away in time. But contrary to many other maps, losing 4/5th map control doesn't mean a loss, unless you are completely outnumbered.

Bulldog_Drummond #5 Posted 04 June 2020 - 12:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36271 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

This map is sit in a bush for me

Don't know what possessed them to issue it

Spurtung #6 Posted 04 June 2020 - 04:04 AM

General

• Player
  • 82410 battles
  • [USSRX] USSRX

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/featured/map-studzianki/

Edited by Spurtung, 04 June 2020 - 04:23 AM.

Gruff_ #7 Posted 04 June 2020 - 05:37 AM

Major

• Player
  • 26121 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW
Really depends what tank you are drivingand team compostion, I've had success pushing and clearing out the dip, certainly never wait for 10 tanks to die.

_Anarchistic_ #8 Posted 04 June 2020 - 06:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49505 battles
block it

Steffin #9 Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29857 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF

I find it a strange map.  This is how I think the map works:  Pushing the south is difficult because of the snipers in the factory.  The snipers in the factory are safe as long as the heavies there can defend your half of the factory.  The guys on the northern hill prevent a push from the heavies in the factory and also prevent the enemies from moving around the factory the flank the heavies and to prevent a push of the heavies.  The guys on the hill can only fight the enemies on the hill, and occasionally some tanks from the factory. tds in the back protect the mediums on the hill.  Tds on the ridges in the base can prevent the enemies from moving around the factory on the other side, put for the rest have not much to do.

For me this is a very defensive map. Allies that help you hold the position cannot help you when you try to go offensive.  It is just waiting for mistakes made by the enemy.

leggasiini #10 Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:40 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18657 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

The best tactic for me is to ban the map :^)

tajj7 #11 Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:58 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30196 battles

It's a 'you push you lose' map.  You pretty much have to sit in, make sure you have vision on various places and hope your team doesn't feed numbers to the enemy first. The when the enemy pushes especially in the south you just draw them into a cross fire, falling back and using your multiple base areas to out spot them. Then once you wreck a push you can counter spot. 

Has all the 'magic' ingredients of newer WG map design -

• A heavy brawl area that is about 100-150m apart that is a stalemate hull down battle. 
  • TD base camping ledges (plus secondary behind the base bus camping spots for extra hard camping, and one team has a little corner camping hill as well)
  • A whole load of open ground death zones (sorry 'lights and medium area';) 

HaZardeur #12 Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:34 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 37361 battles
The tactic is basically the same on all maps... the team that has the most patience and doesnt "play" the game will win...

Edited by HaZardeur, 04 June 2020 - 08:35 AM.

ZlatanArKung #13 Posted 04 June 2020 - 09:34 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View PostGruff_, on 04 June 2020 - 05:37 AM, said:

Really depends what tank you are drivingand team compostion, I've had success pushing and clearing out the dip, certainly never wait for 10 tanks to die.

Clearing dip doesn't provide much of anything. Unless enemy put many tanks there so a clearing meant you got a big numbers advantage.

08:39 Added after 4 minute

View PostHaZardeur, on 04 June 2020 - 08:34 AM, said:

The tactic is basically the same on all maps... the team that has the most patience and doesnt "play" the game will win...

Most of WGs new or remade maps do have this style.  But on Studzianski it is even more accentuated then on the other new or remade maps.

Some of the older ones are still designed in a way that you can push and it gives advantage. I would say Prokhorovka (but I think Prokhorovka remake will turn it more into a 'patience win' map then it currently is due to hill changes) and Murovanka is like this, for the most part. Malinovka to some degree.

Redshire and Westfield are like this aswell imo. 

Miepie #14 Posted 04 June 2020 - 11:34 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 6401 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostZlatanArKung, on 04 June 2020 - 09:34 AM, said:

Clearing dip doesn't provide much of anything. Unless enemy put many tanks there so a clearing meant you got a big numbers advantage.

A "clean dip" (which sounds filthy somehow) can theoretically (if you have any left) allow your lights to take a bush on the edge of the dip and try to spot the camping enemy TDs on the ridge... As someone who dies early, I have spectated many matches where the team wins the southern part, then pushes across and gets slaughtered by those TDs... :popcorn:

eldrak #15 Posted 04 June 2020 - 12:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54749 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W

Hello

A strange game.

The only winning move is not to play

LethalWalou #16 Posted 04 June 2020 - 12:31 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35916 battles

View PostZlatanArKung, on 03 June 2020 - 07:13 PM, said:

Based on some games of the map where the team that goes down into the dip and then try to push pretty much always lose.

Why would you straight up push and expect it to work. Seems like another issue of the player mentality of 'I want to push right away and I want it to work always, and if the enemies dare to try to stop me, the map is terrible'.

It's another map where I see bad playing resulting in clear losses and then people blame the map. Too many times people just camp, leave the south completely open or they simply push blindly and stupidly and die to the obvious tanks waiting for them. These things can be fixed though and it's one map where come back is imo quite possible.

Studzianski is about vision/map control but it also makes repushing areas possible. The map requires teamwork, mainly spotting your flank/area for another flank/area like in Prokhorovka. The middle ditch is something that can be repushed with success so even if you lose it at the beginning, you haven't lost it completely. I really don't see north useful at all. The middle factory can stagnate but you can push through to the open are in middle of it. For this it's preferred that you have control over the ditch. The south is frankly the important part of the map. You start off by assessing team distribution around the map. If you have some backup you can choose to dive into the ditch and take positions for a possible repush. Or you can use the buildings and the bushes next to them to outspot the enemies and bleed them, and most importantly see how many of them go for the ditch.

If you get to the ditch, there are buildings on the side of them you can use to try to spot different areas like the ridgeline near bases. You can also spot and engage people at the factory (easier for west side to do). From the ditch you can push up. The most important things for successful pushing are patience and figuring out where the enemies are. There are a lot of buildings and bushes so use them. Pay attention to where you can be shot, the factory side still sees you and there can be tanks defending from a few directions. I prefer to push from east to west but it does work for both sides. There are bushes you can use to spot and shoot from behind to the factory. When you get closer to the base, you can position to the south end of the ridgelines to offer fire support. Don't rush out though. You can again determine where tanks are and if you know there are enemies behind their cap then use the field side of the ridgeline, or go on top of it and move through the bushes and trees. At any time, vision is important in the game, so I have many times just used my medium tank or TD to sit on the enemy ridgeline in a bush and spot the enemies when they shoot or run away or try to push up closer.

For the factory, it's quite simple. You just fight there. You can push up to the middle to offer help for your south (and possibly north) side so they can shoot there. You can dive to the ditch from the factory too if things stagnate too much.

What comes to the north, I don't find it useful but someone can teach me otherwise since I have no real experience playing there. I noticed right away that many just go there automatically and I determined that it's better to just create different tactics based off of that notion. I mainly play the south side.

Flicka #17 Posted 04 June 2020 - 02:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23759 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

View Posttajj7, on 04 June 2020 - 07:58 AM, said:

It's a 'you push you lose' map.  You pretty much have to sit in, make sure you have vision on various places and hope your team doesn't feed numbers to the enemy first. The when the enemy pushes especially in the south you just draw them into a cross fire, falling back and using your multiple base areas to out spot them. Then once you wreck a push you can counter spot. 

Has all the 'magic' ingredients of newer WG map design -

• A heavy brawl area that is about 100-150m apart that is a stalemate hull down battle. 
  • TD base camping ledges (plus secondary behind the base bus camping spots for extra hard camping, and one team has a little corner camping hill as well)
  • A whole load of open ground death zones (sorry 'lights and medium area';) 

Too many maps fall under you push you lose category, seems the best way is to clear 1 flank from most of the vehicles, and then just go the other flank.

Map design at its finest...

Im actually trying to think what map does not fall under this and I cannot.

Redshire?

Ensk? Paris?..maybe all city maps?

...no idea...

Miepie #18 Posted 04 June 2020 - 03:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 6401 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostFlicka, on 04 June 2020 - 02:57 PM, said:

Too many maps fall under you push you lose category, seems the best way is to clear 1 flank from most of the vehicles, and then just go the other flank.

Map design at its finest...

Im actually trying to think what map does not fall under this and I cannot.

Redshire?

Ensk? Paris?..maybe all city maps?

...no idea...

To me, Ensk often feels like the opposite: if you don't push, you lose. [imagine about 20 lines of disclaimers here] :izmena:

tajj7 #19 Posted 04 June 2020 - 03:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30196 battles

Everyone else - 'yeh it a poor map that is badly designed'

Walou - 'It's the players fault'

:facepalm:

LethalWalou #20 Posted 04 June 2020 - 04:07 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35916 battles

View Posttajj7, on 04 June 2020 - 02:28 PM, said:

Everyone else - 'yeh it a poor map that is badly designed'

Walou - 'It's the players fault'

:facepalm:

Typical Tajj, is not able to argue against anything so it comes down to this kind of immaturity. :child:

''My yolo push didn't work so it's the maps fault, reee''

As I pointed out already, some have this flawed mentality that their ''pro'' plays deserve to work every time and if the enemy even dares to try to fight back it's the map's fault.

If you need help, I once again offer it. ;)

I explained what to do on the map and how. I guess it's a difference in mentality. You like to whine about things and I like to find working solution to them. Too bad the former is appreciated more on the forums. Maybe I should start whining more about the game so I can get more of these ''meaningful'' likes. :rolleyes:

Edited by LethalWalou, 04 June 2020 - 04:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users