Jump to content


Possible undocumented tank visual and armor model changes?

Armor Models Visuals

  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Lanrefni #1 Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:41 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 39431 battles
  • 5,381
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

Can anyone confirm some strange sights on their tanks in the recent time, or am I just seeing things?

I mean, I could swear STB-1 commander's hatch was much smaller and ELC EVEN 90 didn't have one, at all. 

and has this possibly happened on other tanks as well?



bnmm113 #2 Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:01 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12744 battles
  • 388
  • [4K1LL] 4K1LL
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

just gonna go buy some tinfoil....

 

wait for me



DaniulSims #3 Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:18 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11471 battles
  • 1,023
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K
  • Member since:
    03-29-2014
The ELC never really had a visible cupola to begin with, while I'm certain the STB's was always kinda flat.

Flicka #4 Posted 04 June 2020 - 11:20 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23759 battles
  • 540
  • [CELL] CELL
  • Member since:
    10-25-2011
Nope, same as allways, you can compare models on tanks.gg. I took a model from patch 1.2 and 1.9, same hatch, other things changed.

qpranger #5 Posted 04 June 2020 - 11:23 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 6,750
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View PostLanrefni, on 04 June 2020 - 09:41 AM, said:

Can anyone confirm some strange sights on their tanks in the recent time, or am I just seeing things?

I mean, I could swear STB-1 commander's hatch was much smaller and ELC EVEN 90 didn't have one, at all. 

and has this possibly happened on other tanks as well?

 

Yeah, I could swear the EVEN used to be actually bigger IRL.



bnmm113 #6 Posted 04 June 2020 - 11:48 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12744 battles
  • 388
  • [4K1LL] 4K1LL
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View Postqpranger, on 04 June 2020 - 11:23 AM, said:

 

Yeah, I could swear the EVEN used to be actually bigger IRL.


elc is as long as renault ft irl, just a bit longer (5.3m vs renaults 5m)

i think they are about as large in game, but other vehicles might be bigger than this scale...



Balc0ra #7 Posted 04 June 2020 - 02:09 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 77807 battles
  • 23,592
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostLanrefni, on 04 June 2020 - 07:41 AM, said:

 and ELC EVEN 90 didn't have one, at all.

 

You can go to day 1 reviews of it, and see it's still there. It never had a flat roof if that's what you remember.



Lanrefni #8 Posted 04 June 2020 - 10:50 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 39431 battles
  • 5,381
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

View PostBalc0ra, on 04 June 2020 - 03:09 PM, said:

 

You can go to day 1 reviews of it, and see it's still there. It never had a flat roof if that's what you remember.

Then I must be seeing things... but I could swear, it had flat roof at somepoint!



General_Jack_D_Ripper #9 Posted 04 June 2020 - 10:53 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5227 battles
  • 204
  • Member since:
    08-21-2016

Just google for pictures. They are old, so u will see.

 

I personally guess u died in your last dimension and were transferred to this one. It is a bit different regarding hatches.


Edited by General_Jack_D_Ripper, 04 June 2020 - 10:54 PM.


qpranger #10 Posted 04 June 2020 - 11:04 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 6,750
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View PostGeneral_Jack_D_Ripper, on 05 June 2020 - 12:53 AM, said:

I personally guess u died in your last dimension and were transferred to this one. It is a bit different regarding hatches.

 

But the Berenstein Bears still died in prison, right?



Spurtung #11 Posted 04 June 2020 - 11:14 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 82184 battles
  • 8,438
  • [USSRX] USSRX
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View Postqpranger, on 04 June 2020 - 10:04 PM, said:

But the Berenstein Bears still died in prison, right?

 

Do the Berenstains and the Epsteins merge in that dimension?



Nishi_Kinuyo #12 Posted 04 June 2020 - 11:24 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 11230 battles
  • 7,556
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

STBeast-1 Cupola hasn't change in size at all, afaik...

I mean, this is a shot from like 2 years ago.

Spoiler

And this one I made around a minute ago.

Spoiler

Also Wargaming, please fix the GUP Hanger already; its been over a year now that it got broken beyond use. :(



Lanrefni #13 Posted 04 June 2020 - 11:30 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 39431 battles
  • 5,381
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 05 June 2020 - 12:24 AM, said:

STBeast-1 Cupola hasn't change in size at all, afaik...

I mean, this is a shot from like 2 years ago.

Spoiler

And this one I made around a minute ago.

Spoiler

Also Wargaming, please fix the GUP Hanger already; its been over a year now that it got broken beyond use. :(

i knew i could rely on you to post the answers.



qpranger #14 Posted 05 June 2020 - 07:34 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 6,750
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View PostSpurtung, on 05 June 2020 - 01:14 AM, said:

 

Do the Berenstains and the Epsteins merge in that dimension?

 

Not sure, but from my teen years I distinctly remember seeing a CNN live coverage of Jeffrey Epstein's inauguration as President of South Africa, but now people keep telling me another inmate called Nelson something was elected instead.



Spurtung #15 Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:26 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 82184 battles
  • 8,438
  • [USSRX] USSRX
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View Postqpranger, on 05 June 2020 - 06:34 AM, said:

Not sure, but from my teen years I distinctly remember seeing a CNN live coverage of Jeffrey Epstein's inauguration as President of South Africa, but now people keep telling me another inmate called Nelson something was elected instead.

 

Inmates are a dime a dozen, after all.







Also tagged with Armor, Models, Visuals

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users